Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Here at Government Statistics, we like to emphasize that there is no evidence of an afterlife, especially not Hell or, indeed, an immortal soul. If, for some reason, you happen to find yourself with a piece of paper in front of you which requires you to sell that made up concept, say, right now, then we encourage you to sign!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

It is my work.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Wow, in that case I am replete with holy evidence that Mary got it on with a Roman soldier, whereas your own conception of light phenomena being evidence of an all-forgiving god seems baseless

Evidence of God's presence here on earth through the Holy Spirit.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

markgreyam posted:

Man, up until this I thought you were actually serious and that we could have some fun here :(

Hahaha nice. Also, wait, is that guy actually serious though :stare:

That guy is me and yes I'm serious.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Holy Trinity Quiz:

1. What political party do you think Jesus would think most confirms with His expressed beliefs and will?
2. What do you think God's thoughts would be about the fact that you can get dog by making the English manifestation of His name backwards?
3. Which Seinfeld character most resembles the Holy Ghost? (Please note: "none" or "all" is not an acceptable answer.)

Show your work.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

Oh okay, evidence! So show us some! And reflections from CD-ROMs don't count!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I will accept answers to my quiz, if they are good, as evidence.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.talkjesus.com/threads/gods-presence-on-earth-through-his-spirit.51556/

Source your quotes

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://forums.carm.org/vbb/archive/index.php/t-171346.html

Source your 2013 quotes

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

It is not necessary to source your quotes when it's your own work. It has taken about 2 years to develop.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 13, 2015

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

God is dead OP. Sorry I had to be the one to tell you this.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Round light phenomena, right? Anything round=holy spirit.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://www.christianhealingforum.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2984

source your quotes

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

It is my work. I do not plagiarize. Have you finished your investigation into my life?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Irony Be My Shield posted:

God is dead OP. Sorry I had to be the one to tell you this.

God always has been, is, and always will be. He is the Creator of all things both visible and invisible.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?5885-The-Holy-Spirit-and-the-Supernatural-Orb-Explored-%28Scripture-amp-Photos-Examined%29

source your quotes

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

That is some of my best work. I'm flattered that you find it so interesting. If you have any questions, I'm here, all you have to do is ask.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 13, 2015

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015
I've spent a couple of years developing a thread with evidence of God's presence here on earth through the Holy Spirit. Why did I do this? Because I know it is true. It has been no small task for me. Is it important? Yes, some people may require evidence of God to believe and not suffer eternal damnation.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 13, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I've spent a couple of years developing a thread with evidence of God's presence here on earth through the Holy Spirit. Why did I do this? Because I know it is true. It has been no small task for me. Is it important? Yes, some people may require evidence of God to believe and not suffer eternal damnation.

It's true. God loves all people. Gays go to heaven as well. Don't fret.

1 John 4:8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Isn't everyone going to heaven? Explain yourself.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Isn't everyone going to heaven? Explain yourself.

Only believers in Christ go to heaven.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This guy's a faker, he's a copy-paster, won't answer my quiz 'cause he's not a content maker.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

What about Imperator Caesar Nerva Traianus Divi Nervae filius Augustus?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Even practitioners of abomination like homosexuals?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Even practitioners of abomination like homosexuals?
Homosexuality is a forgivable sin. I would suggest the individual have a heart felt talk to God about it.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Effectronica posted:

What about Imperator Caesar Nerva Traianus Divi Nervae filius Augustus?

Ruler of the Roman Empire from 98-117 AD.

From the Wikipedia - Trajan,

"Ancient sources on Trajan's personality and accomplishments are unanimously positive. It is commonly said that Pope Gregory I, through divine intercession, resurrected Trajan from the dead and baptized him into the Christian faith."

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ruler of the Roman Empire from 98-117 AD.

From the Wikipedia - Trajan,

"Ancient sources on Trajan's personality and accomplishments are unanimously positive. It is commonly said that Pope Gregory I, through divine intercession, resurrected Trajan from the dead and baptized him into the Christian faith."

Fascinating, but that was an embellishment of Gregory's prayer for the salvation of Nerva Traianus, which is commonly accepted by the Roman and Eastern churches to have taken place despite the Eastern churches rejecting the idea that a physical resurrection was needed for Nerva Traianus's salvation.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

Holy Trinity Quiz:

1. What political party do you think Jesus would think most confirms with His expressed beliefs and will?
2. What do you think God's thoughts would be about the fact that you can get dog by making the English manifestation of His name backwards?
3. Which Seinfeld character most resembles the Holy Ghost? (Please note: "none" or "all" is not an acceptable answer.)

Show your work.

1. Don't know.
2. Stupid.
3. None.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Wait wait wait hold on your horses just wait wait a minute wait.

There were other zombies besides Jayjay?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

1. Don't know.
2. Stupid.
3. None.

Wow. Wrong on all three answers!

1. The Very Silly Party from that Monty Python sketch.
2. He would think it was cool, because everyone likes dogs.
3. Newman. It even said you weren't allowed to answer "none!"

You don't know a thing about religion, you poseur.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

OP have you heard of professional God talker Terry Davis?
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/gods-lonely-programmer
Do you find his claims legitimate? Can I really install TempleOS on a virtual machine and communicate with God?

Dairy Days fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 13, 2015

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I took a very big dump this morning and it was one of those real sticky ones that you have to shower after.

What I am asking is the large sticky poo poo the work of god or Satan.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I took a very big dump this morning and it was one of those real sticky ones that you have to shower after.

You have purged the evil from you my son, the only way to finish him off is to squirt bleach up your rear end.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Exist FOR a time. Until your brain fully shutsdown.

This is when the silver cord is loosed and you are literally in the shadow of the valley of death and in need of deliverance.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7. Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed. Or the golden bowl broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Psalm 23:4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

This is when the silver cord is loosed and you are literally in the shadow of the valley of death and in need of deliverance.

quote:

conjecture
[kuh n-jek-cher]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun
1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.
2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Palace of Hate posted:

OP have you heard of professional God talker Terry Davis?
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/gods-lonely-programmer
Do you find his claims legitimate? Can I really install TempleOS on a virtual machine and communicate with God?

Never heard of him. God only speaks to those He chooses to speak to. If his claims are that anybody can install TempleOS on a virtual machine and communicate with God, than this would be false.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Sounds like your work to me.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

You look to the world for answers to God and the afterlife and not to God. God is a personal God. Have you tried praying to Him for the answers you need for faith? Prayers do get answered.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Effectronica posted:

Fascinating, but that was an embellishment of Gregory's prayer for the salvation of Nerva Traianus, which is commonly accepted by the Roman and Eastern churches to have taken place despite the Eastern churches rejecting the idea that a physical resurrection was needed for Nerva Traianus's salvation.

This sounds accurate. The only two that I know of who experienced a physical resurrection was Lazarus and Jesus. There could be more though. After all, God goes unchanging.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 13, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Prayers do get answered.

Y'know, unless you are a starving kid in Africa. Or in the US. Or Anywhere at all.

Prayers getting 'answered' implies that not only does a tangible change in reality take place in direct result of you praying (which doesn't happen or is already self-fulfilling before the prayer occurred). This if before you even push the whole idea of praying for Faith, which implies you are praying for belief without proof but asking for proof. Self-contradiction.

You look to the world for answers to God and the afterlife and not to God. God is a personal God.

So prayers get answered but I shouldn't expect God to have any direct influence over the world which would be a measurable result of my prayer. Huh. That sounds very self-contradicting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015
Effectronica,

Come to think of it, physical resurrections may be seen in the NDE were the body dies, the person has a spiritual experience and then the spirit is place back into the body and the body is brought back to life again. This may be an example of resurrections still occurring in today's world. It of course would not hold the same significance as Lazarus and Jesus who were brought back to life after the body was dead for three days. But could shine a small light to the reality of scripture and the resurrection of Christ.

• Locked thread