Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elyv posted:

Edit: I can't read

"Target creture an opponent controls"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

The new Hero's Downfall

Dude got Elmer'd.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I loving love this card.

And it still can't block Stormbreath. Tragedy strikes. For my opposition :getin:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

This seems pretty bad. Why exactly do I want to Polymorph my opponent's creatures? Reality Shift was an OK playable in limited if you had no other way of dealing with you opponent's big bomb, this costs twice as much and is more likely to give them something better than a 2/2 than reality shift was. I guess if you give them something good you get to roll the dice again on the rebound? Still seems bad.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Should be a removal spell, 0/10 for flavour

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

I guess the token is misprinted, it should be X/X, right? Cool card though.

Edit: God, this seems insane to cast late-game in limited:

Lancelot fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 13, 2015

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
(More than?) decent looter at common

Activated cost is important, but it's fairly cheap nonetheless and can do more work later in the game
--
Here's our morph counterspell at a slightly expensive rate

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

holy poo poo the amount of removal at C/U in this set. Enduring Victory, Pacifism, Silkwrap, Reduce in Stature, Void Squall, Death Wind, Defeat, Flatten, Foul-Tongue Invocation... it goes on and on and on, not even counting tappers and weird stuff like Minister of Pain. Plus there are tons of combat tricks.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

holy poo poo the amount of removal at C/U in this set. Enduring Victory, Pacifism, Silkwrap, Reduce in Stature, Void Squall, Death Wind, Defeat, Flatten, Foul-Tongue Invocation... it goes on and on and on, not even counting tappers and weird stuff like Minister of Pain. Plus there are tons of combat tricks.
I'm guessing this is to encourage games to go longer so people can cast their dragons?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Is there a reason this guy doesn't just say "creatures you control have Prowess"?
Does prowess not stack like Exalted does? Or did they just not want to have to explain that rules interaction?

Oh wait, it's because prowess isn't in this set. I forget because they put a bunch of "totally not prowess" cards in it.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Foul Renewal seems pretty playable and is probably going to be super annoying when they use it to recover a Siege Rhino and kill pretty much anything on the board.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Flatten, because -4/-4 is 3B in this set instead of 4B like Throttle and Lash of the Whip.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Lancelot posted:

I guess the token is misprinted, it should be X/X, right? Cool card though.

Nah X/X tokens are always printed as */*

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

WTF Wotc, a 2/2 for 2 in black at common, w/ upside? Smh

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lancelot posted:

Edit: God, this seems insane to cast late-game in limited:

This card has existed a whole bunch of times under various names: Gravepurge in Dark Ascension, Footbottom Feast in Lorwyn, and in slowtripping form Bone Harvest in Mirage.

I don't think it's ever been particularly good.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Close but no cigar!

Hey it has the same mana cost as Force of Will

why does it have the same mana cost as Force of Will

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This is clever and screams "Build around me!"

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

forbidden lesbian posted:

Hey it has the same mana cost as Force of Will

why does it have the same mana cost as Force of Will

Because Dismiss at Common should probably cost 5 instead of 4.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Entropic posted:

Is there a reason this guy doesn't just say "creatures you control have Prowess"?
Does prowess not stack like Exalted does? Or did they just not want to have to explain that rules interaction?

Oh wait, it's because prowess isn't in this set. I forget because they put a bunch of "totally not prowess" cards in it.

Because it isn't what this does. This is one effect that gives all your guys +1/+1. If it said "Your mans and womans have Prowess", it would mean that it would trigger on each creature individually.

And, yes, Prowess isn't in this set.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Does Exploit work if you sacrifice the creature to itself?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Boco_T posted:

Flatten, because -4/-4 is 3B in this set instead of 4B like Throttle and Lash of the Whip.

Yeah but Fall of the Hammer was 1R and Tail Slash is 2R, so who knows. Also, Forked Bolt is now Twin Bolt, and costs 1 more but is instant speed! Token strategies can Get hosed in this limited.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Chamale posted:

Does Exploit work if you sacrifice the creature to itself?

It does.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Chamale posted:

This is clever and screams "Build around me!"

w/ Secret Plans and Trail of Mystery

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There is a lot of good removal in this set.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Silumgar Sorceror and Living Lore both look totally awesome. I can't wait for Travis Woo to brew some stupid Living Lore deck with Treasure Cruise and Temporal Trespass (but seriously, four mana for an 8/8 that you can sac to draw three cards if it ever connects is actually kinda sweet)

Note that it's not combat damage to a player. Any swing will do. That is awesome.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

"Oh god dammit, you made me drop my Gummi Hedrons!"

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else think black looks heads and shoulders above the other colours as far as limited playability goes?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Of all the cards to make multiple strictly-worse versions of, I would have never picked Predator's Strike.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Lancelot posted:

Does anyone else think black looks heads and shoulders above the other colours as far as limited playability goes?

Dude, white has pacifism, that goes a long way. And the Flash Wind Drake/Essence Scatter split card looks pretty drat nice in blue. Black has a lot going for it, but I don't think its as cut and dry as you are making it sound.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bravesword posted:

Of all the cards to make multiple strictly-worse versions of, I would have never picked Predator's Strike.

White is better.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Because Dismiss at Common should probably cost 5 instead of 4.

I want Dismiss at common!!!

Actually, I want Dismiss to be reprinted in the slot that is used for basic lands, all control all the time

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

And Red gets an instant speed lava axe that can target creatures!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lancelot posted:

Pacifism is at common

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I like that B/W Warriors is still a thing even with the allied colour focus

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Madmarker posted:

Dude, white has pacifism, that goes a long way. And the Flash Wind Drake/Essence Scatter split card looks pretty drat nice in blue. Black has a lot going for it, but I don't think its as cut and dry as you are making it sound.
Yeah, you're right. Black just seems incredible to me, but it's one of those things that I guess you feel out as you draft. At least my FKK strategy of forcing black-white all the time won't have to change.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

And Red gets an instant speed lava axe that can target creatures!

Can we just pause for a moment to appreciate this art?

I GOTS DRAGON ARMS THEY'RE SPEWIN FIRE ALL OVER I CAN'T BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THEY BURN LOOK OUT GUYS

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

2 mana forked bolt and lava axe costed lava axe. Too bad you need 50 points of burn to kill someone in this standard.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Ankle Shanker is old news. Say hello to Kneecleaver!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

I GOTS DRAGON ARMS THEY'RE SPEWIN FIRE ALL OVER I CAN'T BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THEY BURN LOOK OUT GUYS

Sarkhan is my favorite gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Entropic posted:

Yeah, I busted out laughing at it when I saw it in the spoiler, my coworker asked wtf I was laughing at, and then started also laughing at it.

Art owns.

• Locked thread