Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

lifts cats over head posted:

It's probably Ser Boros Blount. Set photos have shown him in Braavos with Arya no one following him. Oh but definitely Grey Worm, and probably Selmy too.

Whenever I read his name I can't help but think "SER DOCTOR PRINCIPAL BOROS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ser Pounce dies. Sorry y'all :(

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

RCarr posted:

Ser Pounce dies. Sorry y'all :(

:asoiaf:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Is such a relief that Tyrion is getting to Dany fast in the show.

His endless boat adventures were the weakest and most infuriating chapters of the books IMHO, even worst than Brienne stupid boring quest, even worst than Quentin.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Maybe it will be Roose so they can tighten up the cast in the North.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

lifts cats over head posted:

It's probably Ser Boros Blount. Set photos have shown him in Braavos with Arya no one following him. Oh but definitely Grey Worm, and probably Selmy too.

You mean Meryn loving Trant.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
It says the actor wasn't just surprised because the character was killed, but also that they got limited screen time. Meryn Trant doesn't get much quality screen time in either the book or the show, he's almost always a background character.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
No one betting on Sam?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

No one betting on Sam?

I don't think it's Sam because of the end of ADWD where he goes to see the maesters. There's more to his story laying in a pile of paperwork on GRRM's desk.

My guess is Grey Worm for sure. Second guess is Missandei; maybe Grey Worm dies defending her.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
There's no evidence that Sam, Aemon, and Gilly are going to Braavos and Oldtown in the show right? I think the showrunners really don't want to split up Jon and Sam. Same reason Sam and Gilly teleported from the Nightfort to Castle Black in season 3.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Ballz posted:

You mean Meryn loving Trant.

poo poo, how did I confuse them?

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

That scene is by far the funniest in the series. "The best swordsman in the world didn't have a sword!?" Then his last line when he has Arya on the ground after she tries to stab him through his mail makes it one of the most badass.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Fragmented posted:

That scene is by far the funniest in the series. "The best swordsman in the world didn't have a sword!?" Then his last line when he has Arya on the ground after she tries to stab him through his mail makes it one of the most badass.

"I bet his hair is greasier than Joffrey's oval office."

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
New pics and hype.

I'm kinda curious as to where the hell Sansa and Littlefinger are. An execution?

Also, what's the over/under on Tommen dying this season?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nouvelle Vague posted:

Since the only possible options are zero Tommens dying or one, the over/under is 0.5
:goonsay:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Nouvelle Vague posted:

New pics and hype.

I'm kinda curious as to where the hell Sansa and Littlefinger are. An execution?

Hotah's weapon is sicknasty

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Nouvelle Vague posted:

New pics and hype.

Completely idle speculation here but I wonder if it could be something involving Brienne since she's in the area and obviously her "trial" with Zombie Cat won't be happening. Also judging from the second trailer she ends up in the North somehow, as do LF and Sansa.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Could be sweet Robin learning to fight/joust.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BillBear posted:

Could be sweet Robin learning to fight/joust.

:lol: if you think they could even get him on top of a horse

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is such a relief that Tyrion is getting to Dany fast in the show.

His endless boat adventures were the weakest and most infuriating chapters of the books IMHO, even worst than Brienne stupid boring quest, even worst than Quentin.

Nothing was worse than Quentin, not even Dany squatting on the Dothraki sea.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
They aren't going to kill Barristan guys. Why would they even do that? He's clearly got a city to rule and take care of while Dany is off on her spirit journey or whatever.

Also think of the verbal sparring he'd have with Tyrion, the writers know not to waste that potential.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I don't recall it from the books, so I'm wondering if the big 'break the wheel' speech from Dany isn't what she says to Tyrion/Vary's at their first meeting.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Considering we haven't seen Theon (have we seen Theon?), I think it's Theon.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Mortabis posted:

Considering we haven't seen Theon (have we seen Theon?), I think it's Theon.

We haven't, probably because his plot overlaps with Sansa's and would spoil stuff.

One Watchers on the Wall post said in the Entertainment Weekly spread there's a shot of Theon in what looks like Vale clothing.

It would suck if it was Theon. Alfie Allen knocks it out of the park.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

If they kill off Theon prematurely it would be poor writing. In my opinion his arc is one of the more interesting and to have him die before some sort of redemption arc, albeit an unorthodox one, would rob the viewers of some really good storytelling.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
His redemption could occur this season.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

Completely idle speculation here but I wonder if it could be something involving Brienne since she's in the area and obviously her "trial" with Zombie Cat won't be happening. Also judging from the second trailer she ends up in the North somehow, as do LF and Sansa.

It's not obvious at all :colbert:

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
D&D said their favorite character was Theon Greyjoy, or at least the character they can most relate to. I highly doubt they will kill him this season.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Dang I gotta stop reading any game of thrones poo poo now to avoid spoilers! what has the woorld come to

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BillBear posted:

D&D said their favorite character was Theon Greyjoy, or at least the character they can most relate to. I highly doubt they will kill him this season.
D&D? More like &.

GonSmithe posted:

Hotah's weapon is sicknasty
This is extremely my jam. :rolldice:

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

It's probably going to be Ramsay, but I hope it's Stannis who does it.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Unzip and Attack posted:

Yeah they are going to kill Bronn and it's going to be so loving stupid.

I missed the source of this prediction/spoiler

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

rypakal posted:

I missed the source of this prediction/spoiler

It follows the dumbass assumption the show will continue to tightly mirror the books for no reason at all. Bronn shows up in Dorne in set pictures from months ago, people assume he's replacing Arys Oakheart. That's it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

loquacius posted:

Since the only possible options are zero Tommens dying or one, the over/under is 0.5
:goonsay:

I bet a million dollars on under 2 Tommen deaths.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Lycus posted:

I bet a million dollars on under 2 Tommen deaths.

:toxx:

I actually kind of liked Tyrion's boat adventures. The greyscale monsters were kind of cool, the cyvasse games give an example of winning on his own without being put into position to win by his surname, and the Septa was vaguely interesting. Sure, it went on too long but at least it wasn't the creeptastic Penny adventures.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It's too bad Tommen's not long for this world. The new actor they got for him really knocks it out of the park and gives the viewer the impression "this is a decent, naive kid." The scene they invented with him and Tywin might have been the best invented material they made for us this past year.

Well, so was the Tywin stuff with Oberyn, and Jaime, and Cersei. It may just be Charles Dance, to be honest.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mike N Eich posted:

It's too bad Tommen's not long for this world. The new actor they got for him really knocks it out of the park and gives the viewer the impression "this is a decent, naive kid." The scene they invented with him and Tywin might have been the best invented material they made for us this past year.

What scene was this I do not recall?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mike N Eich posted:

Well, so was the Tywin stuff with Oberyn, and Jaime, and Cersei. It may just be Charles Dance, to be honest.

Someone put Charles Dance's Old Man Winter monologue from the BBC Sochi Olympics ads over one of the more recent GoT trailers a while back and gently caress me if it didn't sound like the Night's King basically mic dropping all of Westeros.

If they ever have the King talk, they should get Dance back to voice him because Charles Dance is loving amazing in everything he does.

Edit: https://youtu.be/4b9Ji7DvsjU <- The original ad, for context

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 13, 2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Frostwerks posted:

What scene was this I do not recall?

Tywin talking to Tommen about what makes a good king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mike N Eich posted:

They aren't going to kill Barristan guys. Why would they even do that? He's clearly got a city to rule and take care of while Dany is off on her spirit journey or whatever.

Also think of the verbal sparring he'd have with Tyrion, the writers know not to waste that potential.

They could kill him precisely because of Tyrion. Tyrion and Dany are meeting this season, and Tyrion has already been Hand of the King and helped defend King's Landing against Stannis. He has the knowledge and experience to handle Mereen. With Tyrion there, Barristan is now pretty much useless storywise, based on what we know of the leaked chapters.

• Locked thread