Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
The hell is with that Redskins hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Fnatic is such a terrifying T side team. It must be so demoralizing to give up so many rounds to them, knowing that it'll be even harder when you get on T side.

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 13, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

csgo.jpg

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

csgo.jpg

:geno:

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Kumbamontu posted:

Wasn't 1.2 the last point when accelerated bunny hopping and midair deagling was still a thing? That was my favorite time in this game

The changelog for 1.3 says bunny hopping was removed but I think they just capped the max speed.

CS trivia time! The oldest map still played is cs_assault, released in beta 1.1 in 1999. Assault predates the ak and the deagle.

The oldest map that is still played competitively is nuke, released in beta 4. That's when I started playing.

These patch notes make me miss cs_siege. I hope they remake it some day for casual.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
I miss russka, still

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

mcvey posted:

csgo.jpg

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

welp avoid matchmaking till the next major boys.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Photex posted:

welp avoid matchmaking till the next major boys.

Why? Everyone trying to mimic strats and doing it badly?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Crain posted:

Why? Everyone trying to mimic strats and doing it badly?

No CSGO on sale usually means a shitload of smurfs and cheaters.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

God damnit they need to stop doing this

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
team stickers not on sale yet :(

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Photex posted:

No CSGO on sale usually means a shitload of smurfs and cheaters.

Oh. OOOooooh. Right.

Necc0 posted:

God damnit they need to stop doing this

Eh. They want to grow the game. The number of smurfs and cheaters introduced from sales get's filtered out soon enough but leaves the new players who actually want to play. I think it's a good thing in the end. The only reason I bought CSGO was because it was on sale.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
they just want their money dude

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
valve actually dont give a gently caress about cs

mcvey posted:

csgo.jpg

^^^

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Must be nice to know that if you need a few more million you can just release a new case

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
The HLTV lag made it look like both those tec9 kills were midair

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

satsui no thankyou posted:

they just want their money dude

Yes? What do you think growing the game gets them? More players = more money.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Does anyone know how the Katowice Souvenir packs work? Is it based on matches watched, time watched, or whether you watch at all?

I'd like to know too, at least for the Twitch integration. Do you need to be on the ESL site or Twitch itself, with the video in focus or not?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I linked my account and watched the stream at http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo and that's how I got my drop. I did refresh the site a few times so it's not like I was watching straight since however many hours ago. I also watched via Twitch and also the in game browser during Dreamhack and got nothing, and from what I'm hearing from some of the watchers it's not uncommon to go through a whole event and get nothing.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
This makes major #3 where I haven't gotten a drop yet, with the games live on the client, and watching on twitch with accounts linked. There are still 2 more days, so hopefully I get one, but I'm not counting on it :(

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

nftyw posted:

I linked my account and watched the stream at http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo and that's how I got my drop. I also did the same thing last event and got nothing, and from what I'm hearing from some of the watchers it's not uncommon to go through a whole event and get nothing.

It's actually extremely uncommon to get a drop; I think typically they drop a few hundred each time they do drops. With 200-300k viewing most of the time your odds are pretty terrible.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I only got 2 drops ever and they were both from the same game at katowice last year

just sell them holy poo poo :negative:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Christ how many times do I have to say it, wait a few months before selling a cobblestone souvenir package if you get one. The demand for the Dragon Lore is so absurd that the price will go up as long as there is less supply.

Here this is the lifetime price graph of Cologne's cobblestone package:

cs:go players are not good with money

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
PTR behind Keyd being the hype man he was born to be.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Crain posted:

I seriously want these pins. If Valve doesn't start selling them in their store/at conventions I'm gonna be mad.

I just checked out the store to see what they have and it's pretty funny. Dota 2: hats, t-shirts, socks, cell phone cases, toys, bottle openers, pint glasses, $300 weapon replicas.

CSGO: one set of gaming headphones and a mouse (sold out)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Logan 5 posted:

Christ how many times do I have to say it, wait a few months before selling a cobblestone souvenir package if you get one. The demand for the Dragon Lore is so absurd that the price will go up as long as there is less supply.

Yeah I'm hanging onto it for awhile, I tried to grab another cobble case for like 20 or 30 bucks while people were quick selling them but the guys running bots next to valve's servers got those before I could every time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mcvey posted:

csgo.jpg

Those are all for Gaben, right?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

teagone posted:

Those are all for Gaben, right?

tired joke but gently caress, i laughed

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 13, 2015

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013

Logan 5 posted:

Here this is the lifetime price graph of Cologne's cobblestone package:

cs:go players are not good with money

Cro is probably responsible for raising the price of that case by himself. He bought an insane amount of them (only to get nothing, by the way).

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Polish crowd is hype as poo poo and that's gotta be intimidating as hell for Keyd. If they win even one map I'll be really impressed with them.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Waltchelg posted:

Polish crowd is hype as poo poo and that's gotta be intimidating as hell for Keyd. If they win even one map I'll be really impressed with them.

Yeah, crowd goes nuts everytime vp get a kill.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Lester Shy posted:

I just checked out the store to see what they have and it's pretty funny. Dota 2: hats, t-shirts, socks, cell phone cases, toys, bottle openers, pint glasses, $300 weapon replicas.

CSGO: one set of gaming headphones and a mouse (sold out)

With how popular this game has gotten over the last few years I'd like to think that they'll add more stuff eventually.

(They won't)

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

nftyw posted:

Yeah I'm hanging onto it for awhile, I tried to grab another cobble case for like 20 or 30 bucks while people were quick selling them but the guys running bots next to valve's servers got those before I could every time.

good man. I was thinking of picking one up and sitting on it for a good long while myself, but the starting price is just a bit too high for me.

Jessie Tanner posted:

Cro is probably responsible for raising the price of that case by himself. He bought an insane amount of them (only to get nothing, by the way).

I don't know who this is. I'm assuming some dumb twitch streamer who wastes tons of money on opening cases?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Logan 5 posted:

I don't know who this is. I'm assuming some dumb twitch streamer who wastes tons of money on opening cases?
He also supposedly hires strippers to sit next to him while he opens.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

UltraVariant posted:

He also supposedly hires strippers to sit next to him while he opens.

'Supposedly'? It's on YT.

NSFW: https://twitter.com/_cr0_

He mostly just posts pics of various hookers.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys check it out, the entire csgo dev team came to IEM!

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I like pages that start and end with the same joke

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Keeps the thread cycle on track and in order, both good things imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The comeback is real imo.