Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

bobkatt013 posted:

I doubt that as much as she was defending Daisy and other team members in this weeks episode. They also made it seem that at some point Hunter could have joined them.

But remember what Ward said: The first thing an undercover agent should do is put themself in danger to gain the trust of others. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PriorMarcus posted:

She's working for someone against SHIELD, it won't be anyone like Stark or Hill. It might be something insane like the Skrulls or Thanos though.

They're clearly working for Banner. The Hulk was the heavy backup they were going to call in.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if they were working for Cal?

Their shock and anger at Skye being inhuman could possibly be a front, combined with their intense protection of her but also saying things in front of her to try and make her run away. Did their actions in Puerto Rico help push her towards the chrysalis chamber? Is whatever made Mack a slave for the city still active in some way?

greatn fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 13, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I thought the biggest giveaway/hint during their conversation was:

"Remember how you felt when you found out some of our friends were HYDRA?"
"But we're not HYDRA."
"Yeah but remember how you felt?"

That makes it seem like they're not actually working against SHIELD/Coulson's team, but are mostly afraid that when everyone finds out they'll either assume so or will feel too betrayed by their lying to care.

Whatever it ends up being, at least it's a decent little mystery so far compared to the show's previous attempt, aka the "Coulson totally isn't normal surprise it's aliens" saga.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Mary Sue is one of those terms that's totally lost it's original meaning. It pretty much means "female character I don't like" now. Even in the original meaning Skye wouldn't be one at all.

Yeah, I never thought she was a full-on Mary Sue, I just love that that's her official name.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, I never thought she was a full-on Mary Sue, I just love that that's her official name.

THAT'S NOT HER NAME

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dexo posted:

THAT'S NOT HER NAME

I love this has become a recurring joke.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I love this has become a recurring joke.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I sincerely hope that at some point in the show someone calls her Daisy within earshot of Cal and he says "THAT'S NOT HERoh, yes, it is, excuse me, carry on."

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Dexo posted:

THAT'S NOT HER NAME

Excuse me... Agent Skye Daisy "Mary Sue" Johnson-Poots

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007
That line stuck out as being way too colloquially-American, but gently caress it, I laughed.

Thanks for the great gifs!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
Actually the best scene was towards the end when she gets out of the car and she's wearing full armor, and her facial expression could have said, "gently caress, that ride was uncomfortable..."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

Actually the best scene was towards the end when she gets out of the car and she's wearing full armor, and her facial expression could have said, "gently caress, that ride was uncomfortable..."

Why do you think Asgard's main mode of transportation is flying chariots where you stand up?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

VDay posted:

I thought the biggest giveaway/hint during their conversation was:

"Remember how you felt when you found out some of our friends were HYDRA?"
"But we're not HYDRA."
"Yeah but remember how you felt?"

That makes it seem like they're not actually working against SHIELD/Coulson's team, but are mostly afraid that when everyone finds out they'll either assume so or will feel too betrayed by their lying to care.

Whatever it ends up being, at least it's a decent little mystery so far compared to the show's previous attempt, aka the "Coulson totally isn't normal surprise it's aliens" saga.

My thought was that just because they say they aren't HYDRA doesn't really mean anything. It could be something where they see themselves as different, or something like that. A misdirection.

However, I don't think they're HYDRA. I don't know what the hell they're doing

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation

myron cope posted:

I don't know what the hell they're doing

I think this is the case for everyone here, but speculation can still be fun. :)

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Tibeerius posted:

That line stuck out as being way too colloquially-American, but gently caress it, I laughed.

Thanks for the great gifs!

No problem! And I forget, was Sif's origins in the MCU ever mentioned? The scene made it seem like Sif was originally just a regular old (Asgardian) girl that made it big by being a badass, and I think that's awesome. :3:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

No problem! And I forget, was Sif's origins in the MCU ever mentioned? The scene made it seem like Sif was originally just a regular old (Asgardian) girl that made it big by being a badass, and I think that's awesome. :3:

She was one of Thor's rear end-Kickin' Buddies in the first Thor movie, along with Volstagg, Hogun, and Fandral. Beyond that, I don't think we really ever got any detailed background info on those four...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

PunkBoy posted:

Sounds like she wasn't nobility or royalty. So yeah. Probably a warrior that earned Thor's respect.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

OB_Juan posted:

Excuse me... Agent Skye Daisy "Mary Sue" Johnson-Poots

I don't see a Zabo in there! THAT'S NOT... HER... NAME!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

PunkBoy posted:

That's what Thor says in Thor when he's G-ing everyone up to go kill frost people or whatever.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

Villain poster For next week's episode.

Where's Raina?! Sure, she and Calvin have their little squabbles but she can be helpful.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

XboxPants posted:

I don't see a Zabo in there! THAT'S NOT... HER... NAME!

Wait, yeah, where does the Johnson come from? Do they just pick a random family name for DMV reasons?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Binary Logic posted:

Where's Raina?! Sure, she and Calvin have their little squabbles but she can be helpful.

Not-Nightcrawler took her to Not-Genosha, remember?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

I guess you forgot the part where he literally told her to go kill herself

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Xealot posted:

Wait, yeah, where does the Johnson come from? Do they just pick a random family name for DMV reasons?

Johnson is her last name in the comics I guess?

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Not-Nightcrawler took her to Not-Genosha, remember?

Xtanstic posted:

I guess you forgot the part where he literally told her to go kill herself

I actually rewatched that episode tonight and wondered why if he's going to assemble a group of supervillians in just an episode or two, why would he tell a powered person begging him for direction to gently caress off and then just go find a bunch more.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The MSJ posted:

Villain poster For next week's episode.

"Hey, guys! These are some of my biologically altered buddies. I wasn't originally going to keep going after I got the Hyde formula right but for some reason I just got angry I couldn't stop so angry SO GODDAMN ANGRY ARGH gently caress YOU I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU"

*punches entire SHIELD team through a wall*

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation

Buddington posted:

I actually rewatched that episode tonight and wondered why if he's going to assemble a group of supervillians in just an episode or two, why would he tell a powered person begging him for direction to gently caress off and then just go find a bunch more.

Probably because Raina's power is pretty lame.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dexo posted:

Sounds like she wasn't nobility or royalty. So yeah. Probably a warrior that earned Thor's respect.
She's also Heimdall's sister iirc

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Buddington posted:

She wants him to teach her and take care of her. He wants followers who don't need to be taught and don't need taking care of.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I can't wait for the next episode of Calvin Zabo and His Amazing Friends.

Buddington posted:

Raina hates his daughter now. Not conducive to what he wants to do.

achillesforever6 posted:

She's also Heimdall's sister iirc

They don't really look related.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

MikeJF posted:

I kinda want this mug.

I have it, it has a red Hydra logo that appears over the SHIELD logo when you put hot liquid in it.

E: actually played the gif and saw it shows the logo change. :ughh:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

HotCanadianChick posted:

I have it, it has a red Hydra logo that appears over the SHIELD logo when you put hot liquid in it.

I'd like to think that this is an actual mug that existed in the MCU prior to Winter Soldier, and the people who make branded SHIELD water/furniture/etc were being paid under the table by Hydra to include a "dramatic reveal mode" on everything.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
All coffee drinkers are Hydra. It's canon.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Gotta stay Hydra-ted.

I sincerely apologize if this joke has already been made; I skipped several hundred posts.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

All coffee drinkers are Hydra. It's canon.

Does that mean the rest of shield are Mormons?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scapegoat posted:

Does that mean the rest of shield are Mormons?

Yes, the rest of shield are morons.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I dunno. Coulson getting the entirety of that one branch of Hydra to assassinate each other was pretty clever.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The Sharmat posted:

I dunno. Coulson getting the entirety of that one branch of Hydra to assassinate each other was pretty clever.

All the good agents were too dedicated. If they had simply taken a coffee break with their fellow agents they would have spotted the hydra sleepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Good shield agents drink iced coffee.

• Locked thread