Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

SynthOrange posted:

How do you even get to the game over state? I've never seen it because I keep throwing macca and play coins at Charon then reload.

He's basically all, "Wait, are you sure? :psyduck: I only need [exorbitant amount] of Macca to send you back to the land of the living!"

I personally think the fastest is to just accept his offer and reload from menu. I'd probably more inclined to take his offer if Macca wasn't so difficult to come by, or if everything wasn't so expensive. But as it is it's a delayed, unskippable game over screen that gives me a "chance" to do something I can do with no cost anyway. But even sub level 10 demons cost thousands of Macca, and winning fights doesn't get me much, so it feels prohibitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Use play coins. Even at my shittiest I only lost like 65 in a day, and that's easy as hell to keep replenished.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Artelier posted:

He's basically all, "Wait, are you sure? :psyduck: I only need [exorbitant amount] of Macca to send you back to the land of the living!"

I personally think the fastest is to just accept his offer and reload from menu. I'd probably more inclined to take his offer if Macca wasn't so difficult to come by, or if everything wasn't so expensive. But as it is it's a delayed, unskippable game over screen that gives me a "chance" to do something I can do with no cost anyway. But even sub level 10 demons cost thousands of Macca, and winning fights doesn't get me much, so it feels prohibitive.

Once you can get better random pick ups, money becomes way less of an issue. I can't remember exactly when it becomes easier to get money, but it does eventually. You get way more from vendor trash than battles.

Or just get the money making DLC, which is what I did my on my second file. Bouncing Claw with a few levels on it, or a hit all physical skill with some, will get you through early, so long as you only go after the little blob map enemies and nothing else.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Charon gets really pissy when you don't accept his deal. it's pretty great.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Think of all the paperwork he has to file now.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'd be swamped too if I had to file every soul from every smt apocalypse

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Seems like you should be able to negotiate. If you low-ball him he'll refuse and you have to re-load a save.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I'd be swamped too if I had to file every soul from every smt apocalypse

I think that was a cool reveal where at the beginning just think they are being cute with how they are handling reloading but then once you get to Tokyo you realize why there's such a huge amount of dead people in the last few years.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

Seems like you should be able to negotiate. If you low-ball him he'll refuse and you have to re-load a save.

That sounds way more tedious when you just want to get back in the fight.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Honestly sometimes I find it better to just die rather than pay the man his demon money/play coins.
usually this is soon after I've saved before a boss fight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so I just got to Beelzebub in SMT4 and this is one of those bosses normal people aren't supposed to beat, isn't it? Any time I feel like I'm making headway he just spams megidlaodaon three times a turn for several turns in a row. Am I just not autistic enough to deal with this? The reward is only 15000 macca for gently caress's sake.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Persona 4 question: is +50 SP or +10 Luck a better attribute to have on Yukiko's weapon?

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 13, 2015

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

so I just got to Beelzebub in SMT4 and this is one of those bosses normal people aren't supposed to beat, isn't it? Any time I feel like I'm making headway he just spams megidlaodaon three times a turn for several turns in a row. Am I just not autistic enough to deal with this? The reward is only 15000 macca for gently caress's sake.

I don't really recall their being any tricks to handling it besides "Stay alive, heal up, do what damage you can." You can mitigate some of its attacks with either resistances or Tetrakarn, but Almighty is unblockable entirely. You just have to be able to ride it out.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

when a boss does poo poo like that it's usually in response to something like too many party members being immune to their attacks. check your resistances and try not to double/triple up too much.

at least, that's how it works for the fiends.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StandardVC10 posted:

Persona 4 question: is +50 SP or +10 Luck a better attribute to have on Yukiko's weapon?

With the +50 SP, Yukiko will never even come close to running out.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

when a boss does poo poo like that it's usually in response to something like too many party members being immune to their attacks. check your resistances and try not to double/triple up too much.

this is extremely stupid

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

He's an optional boss, you don't even have to beat him for the neutral ending.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this is extremely stupid

yes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this is extremely stupid

Is this your first SMT game?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this is extremely stupid

Atlus is a salty dance partner that'll kick the feet out from under you if you don't follow the steps.

Then again this is mostly for bonus bosses and things that are meant to be a challenge. Because let's be honest at this point in RPGs that's really all you can do to present a challenge. Add tedium.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/576309480029184000/photo/1
Another set of DLC outfits for DAN, but just for Yu, Kanami and Nanako.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

AradoBalanga posted:

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/576309480029184000/photo/1
Another set of DLC outfits for DAN, but just for Yu, Kanami and Nanako.

Huh, weird choice for a dancing game. Yu looks like a referee.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Inflammatory posted:

Beelzebub just does it randomly, because he's an rear end in a top hat.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
I'm at the exact same point in Neutral path and thought I had to complete the quest to continue... It's ridiculous because the red knight is a cake walk beforehand.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Is this your first SMT game?
I beat loving Mem Aleph I was under the impression that that was the height of Atlus bullshit.

For comparison I just curbstomped Merkabah in about five rounds while farting in his face

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Alright, vanilla Persona 4 here, trying to fuse Trumpeter. I'm wanting to get both Mind Charge (for the Empress s. link) and Victory Cry (because it's awesome especially if I'm going to be casting Megidola a lot) on it but it's just not happening. Is there some hidden fusion rule that keeps certain skills from not appearing together? Also, why does Stagnant Air come up so much?

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Alright, vanilla Persona 4 here, trying to fuse Trumpeter. I'm wanting to get both Mind Charge (for the Empress s. link) and Victory Cry (because it's awesome especially if I'm going to be casting Megidola a lot) on it but it's just not happening. Is there some hidden fusion rule that keeps certain skills from not appearing together? Also, why does Stagnant Air come up so much?

Trumpeter inherits ailments I think. But you should just keep rolling the dice you might get them all, I've hear people rolling the dice for three hours trying to get the skills they want.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I beat Beelzebub eventually by getting only Phys and Bullet Repel on everyone, who were hp tanks, then doping them up further. Pretty much had to cast Salvation or Mediarahan every turn but eventually he just beat himself to death.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

There are some skills that can't be inherited (namely the super skills at the top of each attack type like Ragnarok, Samsara, and Hassou Tobi), but nothing you want right now is like that. It just selects skills at random, so you have to keep trying until it works. It isn't like that in P4G, though. You have complete control over what is inherited.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

WickedHate posted:

Huh, weird choice for a dancing game. Yu looks like a referee.

It's a Lawson cashier's uniform (SMT4 had a similar costume). It's still a weird choice because you know that Junes wouldn't stand for a Lawson opening up in Inaba.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

TurnipFritter posted:

It's a Lawson cashier's uniform (SMT4 had a similar costume). It's still a weird choice because you know that Junes wouldn't stand for a Lawson opening up in Inaba.

Is this some cross marketing thing or just "Japanese goons really like convenience stores"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
You see this kind of thing a lot in Japan.

I've also seen a full set of official art featuring the cast of Nichijou as HMV employees

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Don't forget the 7-11 editions of various Gundam model kits.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Don't forget the 7-11 editions of various Gundam model kits.

I was really disappointed the healing spell you get with this outfit isn't Sorey downing a Slurpee.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Last April there as a crossover between the Yakuza video game and a sushi chain for some reason

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Last April there as a crossover between the Yakuza video game and a sushi chain for some reason

There are actual Coleman and Roen products in FF15.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Not to mention all the designer clothes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

HGH posted:

Not to mention all the designer clothes.

since we're just throwing these out there now:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

it's hard to believe some things are real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
At least those make a little sense, unlike the Lawson promo costume for Wang Yuanji in Dynasty Warriors. You know, because it's otherwise known for being a historically accurate depiction of 4th century China.