Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Corporate Kane would be a thousand fold better if he still used his electrolarynx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DeathChicken posted:

Before that was something like "IF I DO NOT WIN I WILL SET MYSELF ON FIRE"

That was the stipulation for the title match with Austin at King of the Ring.

In a first blood match.

Where the only part of his body exposed that could bleed was... one of his hands.

And people were still sure that Austin would still win.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Corporate Kane would be a thousand fold better if he still used his electrolarynx.

#BEZZTFORBUZZINEZZ

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Red posted:

That was the stipulation for the title match with Austin at King of the Ring.

In a first blood match.

Where the only part of his body exposed that could bleed was... one of his hands.

And people were still sure that Austin would still win.

His outfit had an arm exposed, and a thumbtack got stuck in it from the Taker/Foley match and he bled like right away. Jim Ross had to explain that that didn't count.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Rusty Shackelford posted:

His outfit had an arm exposed, and a thumbtack got stuck in it from the Taker/Foley match and he bled like right away. Jim Ross had to explain that that didn't count.

His normal outfit had an arm exposed: he actually came out in an outfit that covered it. It actually seemed smart, at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmYQm01D3U

(Bad video quality but it serves)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight, WCW keeps going off the rails! DX invaded WCW so Eric Bischoff has a response not just for DX but for Vince McMahon! What will Eric say? Will we ever find out why Bret helped Hulk? Plus:

BARRY HOROWITZ VS DISCO INFERNO
GOLDBERG VS GLENN DETTON
SATURN VS JERRY FLYNN
Fit Finlay vs Rage for the TV Title
Lenny Lane vs DDP?
Sick Boy vs Glacier?
Booker T vs Chris Benoit
and Macho Man vs Hulk Hogan for the World title!

It's a night of big matches and weird jobber matches! It's a historic night when Eric Bischoff goes crazy! Tune in!

7:30 for NECW, 8 PM for Nitro and SSW after Nitro!

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Hmmm sounds like a fun show, I'm going to have to try and remember to tune in. Gotta see my boy Rage in action.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It was a riot.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

How did Bobby Eaton end up as Earl Robert Eaton in 1996?

Regal had the idea of a British guy to go with him and Sullivan didn't want to bring someone in who "we'd have to pay more money and couldn't find their rear end."

I'd say that's about accurate.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
The only thing better then sir Robert eaton is Tracy smothers being from Nashville Italy.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

How did Bobby Eaton end up as Earl Robert Eaton in 1996?

Regal had the idea of a British guy to go with him and Sullivan didn't want to bring someone in who "we'd have to pay more money and couldn't find their rear end."

I'd say that's about accurate.

There were vignettes on Saturday Night where Regal taught Eaton how to act proper

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

There were vignettes on Saturday Night where Regal taught Eaton how to act proper

WHICH ARE NOT ON THE NETWORK :mad:

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

EugeneJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ApH5c8kr4

Awesome stuff.

The other great (for certain qualifications of great) segment was one where they were in LA and ended up planting the knife and glove from the OJ Simpson deal.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight, 8 PM:

SLAMBOREE 98!

This is supposedly going to change history according to the ads so it must be a big one! The card:

Chris Jericho defends the cruiserweight title against the winner of a BATTLE ROYAL! The competitors: Ciclope Evan Karagias, Damián 666, El Dandy, El Grio, Juventud Guerrera, Chavo Guerrero, Jr., Marty Jannetty, Billy Kidman, Lenny Lane, Psychosis, Silver King, Super Caló, Johnny Swinger, and Villano IV

DDP faces Raven in a BOWERY DEATH MATCH. The winner is the first man to gentrify the Bowery.

Eddy Guerrero vs. Ultimo Dragon

Goldberg vs Saturn for the US title

ERIC BISCHOFF VS VINCE MCMAHON IN A SHOOT FIGHT

Randy Savage vs Bret Hart

Sting and THE TRAITOR THE GIANT vs The Outsiders for the WCW Tag Titles

PLUS MORE!

Join us at 7:30 PM for NECW, 8 PM for WCW and SSW after SLAMBOREE!!!!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yesssss joining this from the get-go this time :toot:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

whatsabattle posted:

Awesome stuff.

The other great (for certain qualifications of great) segment was one where they were in LA and ended up planting the knife and glove from the OJ Simpson deal.

IIRC Regal was given carte blanche on the vignettes so he and Eaton went gonzo.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I love that face Regal makes where he knows he smells a fart but he can't figure out where the stench came from.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I watched Slamboree 98 on WWE Network just to be in the same wheelhouse as this thread and that whole Vince McMahon thing was amazing, especially since Heenan was so embarrassed he was just shooting down the angle at every possible opportunity. That's something that needs to be compiled into a highlight reel for youtube.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Speaking of, WCW was pretty drat hot in 98, if not at or near their peak. Why was the stage for Slamboree 98 so low-rent? it was an unlit painted billboard with doors and looked like something from a high school play.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

Speaking of, WCW was pretty drat hot in 98, if not at or near their peak. Why was the stage for Slamboree 98 so low-rent? it was an unlit painted billboard with doors and looked like something from a high school play.

They wanted to capture the Authentic Worcester experience.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

I love that face Regal makes where he knows he smells a fart but he can't figure out where the stench came from.

That's just his regular face.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

IIRC Regal was given carte blanche on the vignettes so he and Eaton went gonzo.

When he was Ryback's pro on NXT, I kept hoping they'd rehash this angle. I figured it would give us some funny moments and maybe tagging with Regal would have made Ryback less sloppy (even in NXT, he was a bit sloppy). Plus he was known as Skip Sheffield, and Sheffield is an English as gently caress name. They could have just called him the Duke of Sheffield.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

El Gallinero Gros posted:

When he was Ryback's pro on NXT, I kept hoping they'd rehash this angle. I figured it would give us some funny moments and maybe tagging with Regal would have made Ryback less sloppy (even in NXT, he was a bit sloppy).

That would require them to tell a story using vignettes. Why do that when you can just have Michael Cole tell us instead?

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

triplexpac posted:

That would require them to tell a story using vignettes. Why do that when you can just have Michael Cole tell us instead?

Didn't regal redo these with someone else in WWF about 2000 maybe 2001? I remember watching them on heat on channel 4.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DrWrestling69 posted:

Didn't regal redo these with someone else in WWF about 2000 maybe 2001? I remember watching them on heat on channel 4.

Maybe you're thinking of him and Tajiri?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

triplexpac posted:

"William Regal told me backstage that he is, and I quote, 'going to turn this young chap into a true English gentleman', end quote."

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

triplexpac posted:

Maybe you're thinking of him and Tajiri?

It was before tajiri I'm pretty sure.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

DrWrestling69 posted:

Eugene?

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

I think it was in the run up to one of the UK ppvs they used to do.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

whatsabattle posted:

Awesome stuff.

Watching it, I was like "wow, Bobby Eaton looks like Curt Hennig with his hair like that." Moments later Regal: "This is all turning out... perfect." Also Bobby Eaton was such an amazing worker. I want Saturday Night on the network so I can watch him make random jobbers look great.

MassRafTer posted:

Tonight, 8 PM:

SLAMBOREE 98!

I watched this a couple months ago and was confused by its bad reputation... right up until the Bischoff/McMahon segment.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

laz0rbeak posted:

Watching it, I was like "wow, Bobby Eaton looks like Curt Hennig with his hair like that." Moments later Regal: "This is all turning out... perfect." Also Bobby Eaton was such an amazing worker. I want Saturday Night on the network so I can watch him make random jobbers look great.

I watched this a couple months ago and was confused by its bad reputation... right up until the Bischoff/McMahon segment.

It's definitely one of those shows that falls off a cliff after the coward Vince McMahon is counted out by Michael Buffer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last week it was Slamboree 98, what will happen tonight?

We've got TWO EPISODES! Thank the NBA. The first is an hour, the second is two.

Dean Malenko is the cruiserweight champion, will Chris Jericho take his loss in stride?

Sting and the Giant are Tag Team Champions despite THE GIANT joining the nWo.

How will Nash react to Scott Hall turning on him?

GOLDBERG!

Tonight:

Goldberg vs Glacier

Damian 666 vs Juvi

Lenny Lane vs Dean Malenko

Benoit vs Creative T

Ultimo Dragon vs Chavo

AND SO MUCH MORE! (There is a lot more and I don't want to spoil show 1 by listing too much from Show 2.)

Join us at 7:30 for NECW, 8 for Nitro and after Nitro we'll have SSW!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont want to watch any of those matches

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Creative T?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

Creative T?

Booker T had a short-lived gimmick where he did arts and crafts and poetry and stuff.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Say Nothing posted:

Creative T?

If he was called "Booker", everyone would hate him.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Creative T?

Brian Pillman beat him in a match for the rights to the use of the word Booker.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Two Beans posted:

If he was called "Booker", everyone would hate him.

This was an actual angle in WCW.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

ayn rand hand job posted:

This was an actual angle in WCW.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001