Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

peach avatar guy wasnt wrong when he called rayman legends game of the decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Problem Sleuth posted:

Selling things for less money is a crime

The National Recovery Administration never really went away, it was only biding its time and waiting for the advent of digital distribution to reawaken us to the dangers of destructive competition.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
rayman legends... is legendary

but im not buying it because i dont have money lol *goes and buys 8 dollar rum from the liquor store because thats all i can afford*

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

rayman legends... is legendary

but im not buying it because i dont have money lol *goes and buys 8 dollar rum from the liquor store because thats all i can afford*

do you mix anything in with your rum? if you're cutting it with juice, that's 4 dollars you could use to buy the 12 dollar whiskey.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im using $1 soda i got from 7/11

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
If you can't afford 20-30 dollar bourbon, you should track your finances better hth.

Also potato mashers are about as good a purchase as an Ubisoft game. Use a fork, or a hand mixer if you're lazy.

In other news, I'm surprised that only a third of steam games are never played. About 80% of steam games are garbage and should never be played.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you can spend that $1 on the for sale nips, which include SoCo, which has slightly higher alcohol content even than rum. another tip is to cut out food from your diet.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nasgate posted:

If you can't afford 20-30 dollar bourbon, you should track your finances better hth.

Also potato mashers are about as good a purchase as an Ubisoft game. Use a fork, or a hand mixer if you're lazy.

In other news, I'm surprised that only a third of steam games are never played. About 80% of steam games are garbage and should never be played.

I can easily afford 20-30 dollar bourbon now, and I'm still not sure if I can tell a difference between them and the 10 dollar, bottom shelf, rot gut bourbon I used to buy, and I drink it straight. I guess all bourbon's good bourbon.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I guess you never played Civ IV

video games are for children

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nasgate posted:

this is the way i think, but thankfully there is someone to convince me that sometimes it is okay to pay less than $15 for convenience that will last a long time, albeit with more effort than it probably should take.

you can easily get good bourbon for cheap if you know what you're buying, but I can't think of any that would cost $8. I went to a whiskey bar in chicago called longman and eagle that had a lot of recommendations about very good cheap bourbons, but if you're in a food desert i bet some are difficult to come by.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it is an exceptional platformer and a lot of fun. it's the best value of 10 bucks you can get on the steam store right now for fun per dollar.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the last time i bought whiskey i bought mt gay and it owned...

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm surprised that only 36% of steam games are never played, I've never played half the games on my list and I don't feel like an idiot for owning them or whatever

People who like rail against steam for being evil with sales and whatnot are loving morons, given how many of the games I own came from packages and humble bundles and poo poo I'd estimate the amount I paid for the games I haven't played totals like $100 over the course of several years and if that much money makes or breaks you financially you probably shouldn't be spending what money you do have on computer games because there's no way your other needs are being adequately met

Rayman Legends is a good platformer and Child of Light is a good JRPG especially for the prices they are atm

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

call of juarez gunslinger is a p good game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

icantfindaname posted:

video games are for children

*forces an eight year old child to sit at a pc and learn the ins and outs of Europa Universalis IV*

"SHUIT THE gently caress UP WIFE THIS IS A KIDS TOY AND SHE'S LEARNING ABOUT DOCTRINES OF THE MEDIEVAL TIME, IM HOPING SHE'LL WRITE HER OWN loving MAGNA CARTER"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

my parents would let me play extra age of empires if i would write a one page essay about the scenario i was playing

the lepanto scenario is grossly inaccurate :argh:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Coop in the new resident evil seems good; the support role actually has a lot of impact so both classes are fun. thats all folks

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

so are there any situations where ninjutsu will work where ti chi fails

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
Do any of you know if there has been any new information on Deep Down? I had my eyes on this game since it was announced but it has seem to drop off the radar for a lot of my old sources for information on it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Notinghamington posted:

Do any of you know if there has been any new information on Deep Down? I had my eyes on this game since it was announced but it has seem to drop off the radar for a lot of my old sources for information on it.
According to an interview, the game was pushed back because the "vision" for it has expanded since 2013, so they needed more time to develop. The beta (in Japan anyway) is dated for some vague time this year.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Deep down is going to be an f2p mmo with a cash shop and that's all u need to know

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The politicians say they're right

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

A Spider Covets posted:

Coop in the new resident evil seems good; the support role actually has a lot of impact so both classes are fun. thats all folks

Correction, it's pretty fun when you're playing as Claire and Moira because at least Moira can smack a fool zombie in the face with a crowbar when the flashlight fails to stun them in time. Natalia has the amazing brick and the ability to help with stealth kills and seeing the invisible bug assholes but otherwise player 2 doesn't have much to do as her other than crawl around and pointing at poo poo.

Lurdiak posted:

Asymmetrical co-op owns, I wanna see more of it.

The game overall is great yeah, especially with the improvements from the first one, but i do feel kind of sorry for Player 2 when they are playing as Natalia is all.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 15, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Correction, it's pretty fun when you're playing as Claire and Moira because at least Moira can smack a fool zombie in the face with a crowbar when the flashlight fails to stun them in time. Natalia has the amazing brick and the ability to help with stealth kills and seeing the invisible bug assholes but otherwise player 2 doesn't have much to do as her other than crawl around and pointing at poo poo.

Asymmetrical co-op owns, I wanna see more of it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hey why isn't there an 80s PC game megathread

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

precision posted:

Hey why isn't there an 80s PC game megathread
there's a retro computer games thread but it's mostly captain rufus talking to himself

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

The Kins posted:

there's a retro computer games thread but it's mostly captain rufus talking to himself

much like my rpgmaker thread

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Just found a copy of Borderlands 1 GOTY for five bucks, now I have a huge Borderlands poster to hang in my room, hell yeah

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Borderlands... sucks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gay skull posted:

Just found a copy of Borderlands 1 GOTY for five bucks, now I have a huge Borderlands poster to hang in my room, hell yeah

by your "room" I assume you mean "dorm room", right?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
borederlands

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
borderlands 2 is dece but the first one is pretty bad, haven't played Pre-Sequel

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Ori and the Blind Forest is hella good, it's on PC not just the bone so go buy it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

goddamn wolfenstein is a huge download

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
It is loving massive. Worth it though.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I reinstalled Metal Gear Rising: Revengance yesterday which is over 20 gigs. Having never played a MGS game before, I didn't understand why at first but I realised that in the short time that I played it the first time round, I never once touched the codec.

Holy poo poo. There's dialogue for every section in there no matter how minor. This probably isn't a surprise to anyone who's played a Metal Gear before but man I didn't realise they were that in depth about it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's the best part of any Metal Gear that isn't 4.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

It's the best part of any Metal Gear that isn't 4.
Is this because the plot of Metal Gear 4 is so engrossing that it surpasses the codecs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

No, it's because your only codec pals in 4 are Rose and Otacon.

• Locked thread