Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Flakey posted:

If only that were true:

This is what passes for eggs ad McD, at least around these parts (France).
You can throw that on my burger anytime too. What is with goons and being scared of eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I've had eggs on burgers many times at McDonalds in Japan and they've usually been not too bad.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I worked at McDonald's for three years throughout high school, they legit use real cracked eggs in McMuffins and bagged scrambled eggs for biscuits and breakfast platters.

This was over ten years ago tho, so things may have changed. They also used to have an actual hidden menu item called a Double Big Mac, but it's gone now.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

I worked at McDonald's for three years throughout high school, they legit use real cracked eggs in McMuffins and bagged scrambled eggs for biscuits and breakfast platters.

This was over ten years ago tho, so things may have changed. They also used to have an actual hidden menu item called a Double Big Mac, but it's gone now.

I think it might have varied by location. I worked at McDonald's at about the same time, and we used cracked eggs and the milk carton stuff.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
A lot of places also just poach the eggs instead of cooking them or something. I've done convenience store and restaurant work and I think there was like one place that didn't have a poacher. The disc with a rim of white and yellow in the middle can be easily achieved by an egg poacher and the things are easy to run. Just crack some eggs, put them in the circles, and turn the thing on. Give it a bit and hey poached eggs! Slap it on an English muffing with a sausage disc and some cheese and there you go, breakfast sandwiches.

I have to kind of wonder if that egg log was just the parts of the egg poached. One thing the places often did was just poach all the eggs in the morning in one go and refrigerate them. They kept for a while and could be reheated pretty easily without affecting how they tasted. Not like anybody cared much, it was quick and easy food on the way to work and tasted better than death.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Just ate something my sister called Pizza Salad. It was penne with some bland pasta sauce, ground beef, onions, peppers and pepperoni. It didn't taste like pizza. It didn't taste like much of anything at all. I'm not at all surprised her party had a shitton of left overs, this stuff is terrible. Not terrible as in tasting bad, but terrible as in being bland to the point where you start to question all your life's choices in the how and why that led up to anyone making this dish and thinking it was a good idea.

Pepperoni does not equal pizza, for gently caress's sake.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So you're just mad at the name then? I wouldn't complain about pepperoni in a pasta dish.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Does anybody have the GIF of how these are produced, interspersed with :vince:?

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I don't particularly care for eggs on burgers, but I would eat the poo poo out of that eggburger.
Doubly so if it had beetroot. Beetroot on burgers is magical.

I put pickled beets on burgers sometimes. Is that what you're talking about? Because it's awesome.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I won't lie, having novelty eggtube on hand would be cool

halwain
May 31, 2011

Zopotantor posted:

Does anybody have the GIF of how these are produced, interspersed with :vince:?

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

empty sea posted:

Just ate something my sister called Pizza Salad. It was penne with some bland pasta sauce, ground beef, onions, peppers and pepperoni. It didn't taste like pizza. It didn't taste like much of anything at all. I'm not at all surprised her party had a shitton of left overs, this stuff is terrible. Not terrible as in tasting bad, but terrible as in being bland to the point where you start to question all your life's choices in the how and why that led up to anyone making this dish and thinking it was a good idea.

Shoulda added this:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2015/03/09/391905688/sandwich-monday-pizza-flavored-salad-dressing

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Kids and autistic shut-ins love anything "pizza-flavored" even if it doesn't taste anything like pizzas.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

empty sea posted:

A pasta salad can be good with a better dressing, some herbs or rocket, salt, pepper and chilli. That will fix the bland problem, though I wouldn't put ground beef in one, that was dodgey and shouldn't be done for a "salad" either. But pasta, onion, peppers, herbs, spice, arugula, olives, feta, dressing and a crispy fried meat like prosciutto can make a decent "salad". e: I made this one a few years ago and it was pretty good http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15302/artichoke+and+rocket+penne+with+feta

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Mar 12, 2015

ScreamingNinja
Oct 2, 2004
An Awesome Dude
Im sure everyone knows this exists already, but just in case:

Yes i own one, and its glorious.

Also theres a part that goes over the eggs where you can use the delicious egg infused water to warm your meat. Take that as you will.

ScreamingNinja has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Mar 12, 2015

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Thanks!

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

I heart bacon posted:

I put pickled beets on burgers sometimes. Is that what you're talking about? Because it's awesome.

That is indeed what I'm talking about. It is the most excellent.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

That is indeed what I'm talking about. It is the most excellent.

A "burger copy" based off the NZ McDonald's Kiwiburger.

Edit: oh you are talking about picked beets and not just straight slices of Beetroot on a burger.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Edit: oh you are talking about picked beets and not just straight slices of Beetroot on a burger.

Burgers like this are cool but how do you even bite it. It's too big.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Overbite posted:

Burgers like this are cool but how do you even bite it. It's too big.

here's the Mcdonalds original!

:chloe:

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

I see nothing wrong here

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

ScreamingNinja posted:

Im sure everyone knows this exists already, but just in case:

Yes i own one, and its glorious.

Also theres a part that goes over the eggs where you can use the delicious egg infused water to warm your meat. Take that as you will.

I got that as my birthday gift from my husband this past year. It is the single greatest invention mankind has ever created.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I never really got into eggs on burgers cause it just ends up making the whole thing taste like breakfast to me and I don't generally associate a burger with that. It's not bad or anything it just feels misplaced

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Ok, my Aussie friends, can I get a clarification on this? So you put pickled beets (or pickled beetroot, in your parlance) on your burgers? That sounds delightful. No weirder than us putting pickled cucumbers on ours, which is SOP for every fast food place.

I fuckin' love beets, pickled and plain; I could see putting a roasted beet slice on a burger, and would probably love it, but pickled beets suddenly makes more sense. And now I have a horrible craving for pickled beets. Here, at least in my part of the US, those are a side dish. eg, at a church picnic, you get a hamburger, some potato salad, and a few slices of pickled beets. No one puts 'em on their hamburgers, you put them on the side and watch as everything slowly turns magenta as the beet juice escapes and infiltrates the rest of your food, unless you've got the fancy Solo plates with dividers.
What have I been missing the last 40 years of my life by not putting them on burgers? :cry:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

JacquelineDempsey posted:

What have I been missing the last 40 years of my life by not putting them on burgers? :cry:

Be the change you wish to see in your burger

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Ok, my Aussie friends, can I get a clarification on this? So you put pickled beets (or pickled beetroot, in your parlance) on your burgers? That sounds delightful. No weirder than us putting pickled cucumbers on ours, which is SOP for every fast food place.

I fuckin' love beets, pickled and plain; I could see putting a roasted beet slice on a burger, and would probably love it, but pickled beets suddenly makes more sense. And now I have a horrible craving for pickled beets. Here, at least in my part of the US, those are a side dish. eg, at a church picnic, you get a hamburger, some potato salad, and a few slices of pickled beets. No one puts 'em on their hamburgers, you put them on the side and watch as everything slowly turns magenta as the beet juice escapes and infiltrates the rest of your food, unless you've got the fancy Solo plates with dividers.

Yes, we often put slices of tinned beetroot on our burgers. It might be a different brine and we just call it tinned, not pickled, but it's essentially the same. It's a bit sweet, a little sour, and it has just enough bite to go nicely with the rest of the burger. We also like bacon, eggs, and pineapple on there, and mostly we use mild cheddar (we call it tasty) rather than the processed singles for the cheese. An Aussie burger with the lot is a confusing, delicious, sweet, messy, salty, greasy experience, perfect after a long night out or a day at the beach. That kiwi burger is missing the cooked onions too, which are pretty much standard here and also delicious. They do them up on the flat top so they cook in the accumulated grease and filth of the day's (or longer at sleazier joints) sausages and burgers, caramelizing really nicely and actually taking on a pretty nice sweet-onion-umami flavour profile.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Chard posted:

Be the change you wish to see in your burger

I intend to when I can afford it! [edited out self-pitying posting here]

Loomer posted:

Yes, we often put slices of tinned beetroot on our burgers. It might be a different brine and we just call it tinned, not pickled, but it's essentially the same. It's a bit sweet, a little sour, and it has just enough bite to go nicely with the rest of the burger. We also like bacon, eggs, and pineapple on there, and mostly we use mild cheddar (we call it tasty) rather than the processed singles for the cheese. An Aussie burger with the lot is a confusing, delicious, sweet, messy, salty, greasy experience, perfect after a long night out or a day at the beach. That kiwi burger is missing the cooked onions too, which are pretty much standard here and also delicious. They do them up on the flat top so they cook in the accumulated grease and filth of the day's (or longer at sleazier joints) sausages and burgers, caramelizing really nicely and actually taking on a pretty nice sweet-onion-umami flavour profile.

Oh god that sounds delicious. Yeah, here in the US, what we call "pickled beets" --- at least among my NY ancestors --- are slices of beet done up in vinegar and sugar, with some spices like cloves and cinnamon added along with the salt so they're sweet and tangy and "spicy" (not hot, just have spices) at the same time. Maybe one can buy them like that in jars, but we've always made them from scratch.
Aussie/Kiwi burgers sound fantastic, I'm envious of your options.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 02:27 on Mar 14, 2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
You guys make pickled beets or beet root on burgers sound so good, the trouble isIi hate roasted beets with a fiery passion. They just taste like sweet dirt to me. Like, a mouthful of mushy slightly sweet dirt. I'd be open to trying the aussie burgers but poo poo. I'm afraid to try anything beet related because of the horrid taste I've experienced at home.

I want to like beets. I really do. But gross, so loving gross dirt in my mouth taste

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

throw some sweet and sour sauce in that bitch and i still would.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

empty sea posted:

You guys make pickled beets or beet root on burgers sound so good, the trouble isIi hate roasted beets with a fiery passion. They just taste like sweet dirt to me. Like, a mouthful of mushy slightly sweet dirt. I'd be open to trying the aussie burgers but poo poo. I'm afraid to try anything beet related because of the horrid taste I've experienced at home.

I want to like beets. I really do. But gross, so loving gross dirt in my mouth taste

Sorry about your broken brain/tongue :smith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Courtesy of Smokes Poutinerie, apparently the greasiest fast food available in Canada, the Triple Pork Poutine.

Bacon, sausage, pulled pork on top of poutine with a heap of gravy. Looks like vomit, makes you want to vomit, and guaranteed to give you a heart attack. Good drunk food at 2am.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo on poutine invariably subtracts from it.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

poo poo on poutine invariably subtracts from it.

Agreed. Tried some M'am Bolduc 3 or 4 cheese poutine in Montreal. Supposedly in the top 10 poutines.

It was really good, but it wasn't really a poutine anymore.

Canadian Costco poutine = best poutine.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Courtesy of Smokes Poutinerie, apparently the greasiest fast food available in Canada, the Triple Pork Poutine.

Bacon, sausage, pulled pork on top of poutine with a heap of gravy. Looks like vomit, makes you want to vomit, and guaranteed to give you a heart attack. Good drunk food at 2am.

Looks like a Canadian Munchy Box

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This triple pork poutin reminds me of the stuff they pulled out of my gallbladder.

e: autocorrect:doh:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Mar 14, 2015

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
You're a gull?

beato posted:

Looks like a Canadian Munchy Box
Thanks for reminding me of the name "munchy box". I was trying to describe it to my partner yesterday but the best I could do was say pizza box full of fried things and maybe a salad.
At the time I was trying to describe how full I felt after a burger and fries we each had the other night as she ordered the large size. Afterwards I was going on about a munchy box size/ingredients but couldn't remember the name.
I can't even eat two small simple sandwiches normally, I always fail after 1 and 1/2 and she always taunts me by calling me a "two sandwich tryhard".

E: Beetroot revolution

Oh god that sounds delicious. Yeah, here in the US, what we call "pickled beets" --- at least among my NY ancestors --- are slices of beet done up in vinegar and sugar, with some spices like cloves and cinnamon added along with the salt so they're sweet and tangy and "spicy" (not hot, just have spices) at the same time. Maybe one can buy them like that in jars, but we've always made them from scratch.
Aussie/Kiwi burgers sound fantastic, I'm envious of your options.
The tinned beetroot here is a lot plainer. I don't think there's any spice or herbs in it, they aren't as sharp as a pickle or anything.
Mainly just well cooked in vinegar, water, a bit of salt and sugar. They don't have a strong taste, just some prefer them to pickles (maybe because they are milder and go better with eggs?)

empty sea posted:

Roasted beets taste somewhat "earthy" to me as well - but in a good way. But you can relax and enjoy tinned beetroot in a burger because they don't taste anything like home cooked beets. They're almost a different food, so go on and enjoy.
Also when you cook beets at home next time, the younger they are the better, also add some flavour, like vinegar, garlic, thyme, S&P etc, wrap it up in foil and cook until just tender.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 16:00 on Mar 14, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Vic Boss posted:

Agreed. Tried some M'am Bolduc 3 or 4 cheese poutine in Montreal. Supposedly in the top 10 poutines.

It was really good, but it wasn't really a poutine anymore.

Canadian Costco poutine = best poutine.

Yeah, poutine is at it's best when it's just the basics. Don't gently caress with the classic.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

here's the Mcdonalds original!

:chloe:

First McDonalds burger I have ever seen where I can confidently say would. Would so hard.

Would even harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Tee-hee, "munchy box."

• Locked thread