Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

He is free to do evil.
No...it's not. It has no freedom. That's the whole point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Effectronica posted:

And then you describe the damned as demons, fallen angels, so you are very clearly a schismatic at best and heretical most likely.

Furthermore, within the actual text, there is Gehenna/Hades, where the unrighteous may be tormented, which is clearly a place, distinct from Heaven, and there is the lake of fire, which is oblivion, where all whose name is not recorded within the book of life will be thrown with hell and death itself when the old world passes away.

The dammed would also include fallen man.

And Sheol. But the primary definition is the state or condition of being without God. And this would apply to demons as well.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

The dammed would also include fallen man.

And Sheol. But the primary definition is the state or condition of being without God. And this would apply to demons as well.

Shut up, heretic. You're in need of more fundamental instruction than I can deliver. Unless you would prefer rough illumination?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

But if your friends and family are not saved, won't you experience this same separation and suffering in heaven?

God and Jesus gather you and your family and friends in heaven so that you do not lose that which you love most in this world.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Photographs work by the interaction of light with matter. If they aren't physical, please explain the mechanism by which they are able to show up on cameras.

The flash shines on them the moment the photo is taken capturing the Spirit on film.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Effectronica posted:

Shut up, heretic. You're in need of more fundamental instruction than I can deliver. Unless you would prefer rough illumination?

You made me laugh.

Asshole Businessman
Aug 8, 2007
I heart Donald Trump.

The flash shines on them the moment the photo is taken capturing the Spirit on film.

Strange, that's the same mechanism for how physical stuff is caught on camera. Are you sure it's a spiritual object?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lucifer brought evil into this world but is not responsible for all the sins mankind. If this were true, man would not be punished. Man has the free will to choose whether to sin or not. And were he has failed, can be forgiven by the blood of the Lamb.

So you are saying god is responsible for the acts of his priests then? because lucifer was gods right hand man until god gave man free will. God being omnipotent knew this would drive him away and he would fall. God being omnipotent also knew the suffering the priests would inflict in his name.

We will agree to agree then thanks.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

God and Jesus gather you and your family and friends in heaven so that you do not lose that which you love most in this world.

Sweet then I'm covered because my dad was a pentecostal deacon who loved God. But how is it OK for me to be in heaven when I don't believe in God? Even if I have been walking around up there in heaven for forty years I won't believe it. I'll be like "hmm this is a fascinating hallucination and the experience of it is markedly prolonged; perhaps this is a dissociative experience, or the persistence of consciousness seconds before brain death."

So how can I get in? I don't believe in God and deny the divinity of Jesus. I disbelieve in Christ. You said

Only believers in Christ go to heaven.

Effectronica posted:

:yikes:

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

rear end in a top hat Businessman posted:

Strange, that's the same mechanism for how physical stuff is caught on camera. Are you sure it's a spiritual object?

Yes.

Here is a 1920's, 1930's photograph that was captured on film in broad daylight.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

snergle posted:

So you are saying god is responsible for the acts of his priests then? because lucifer was gods right hand man until god gave man free will. God being omnipotent knew this would drive him away and he would fall. God being omnipotent also knew the suffering the priests would inflict in his name.

Ummmm, Lucifer had fallen long before the Garden of Eden. He was the one REPONSIBLE for giving us Free Will and Knowledge. So, um....

Yes.

Here is a 1920's, 1930's photograph that was captured on film in broad daylight.

You know why no one takes paranormal stuff seriously, right?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I took a picture earlier that I also believe has evidence of the spirit world, but it seems to be sending a very different message from the one the OP is pretending to espouse :confused:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bicyclops posted:

I took a picture earlier that I also believe has evidence of the spirit world, but it seems to be sending a very different message from the one the OP is pretending to espouse :confused:

Look at the spirit in this one!

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Sweet then I'm covered because my dad was a pentecostal deacon who loved God. But how is it OK for me to be in heaven when I don't believe in God? Even if I have been walking around up there in heaven for forty years I won't believe it. I'll be like "hmm this is a fascinating hallucination and the experience of it is markedly prolonged; perhaps this is a dissociative experience, or the persistence of consciousness seconds before brain death."

So how can I get in? I don't believe in God and deny the divinity of Jesus. I disbelieve in Christ. You said

:yikes:

You would know that it was real if you were there. And you have to believe in Jesus in order to get in.

Here is an example of how to pray for salvation.

http://www.salvationprayer.info/prayer.html

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

You know why no one takes paranormal stuff seriously, right?

This is your biased opinion and simply not true.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

It is foolishness to you because you lack discernment of things spiritual.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Actually, I solved the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time quite easily, so once again you're wrong. Maybe it is you who lacks discernment of my vast spiritual energies? How about you put that in your camera lens and smoke it, pal.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

The photograph that I will be presenting is of the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) and has been a mystery to mankind for decades. To understand the Holy Spirit, we must consult scripture. I will be using both the old and new testaments of the Holy Bible.

2 Corinthians 4:18. while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power. Divinity means, of, or pertaining to God. The Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Holy Trinity.

Notice how the photograph below looks exactly like the Halo.

The Christian Halo can be found in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him."

The Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo above His head.

This photo is also of the Spirit of God as the Spirit of truth who bears witness.

The photograph above left is the Spirit of truth looking directly at the camera man and bearing witness to him taking the photograph.

! John 5:6. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

The Holy Spirit also bears witness to our consciousness.

Romans 9:1. I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.

It is through the Spirit that Father God and Jesus hear our cries.

Roman 8:26. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning's which cannot be uttered.

God demonstrates His presence here on earth through the eyes of the Lord.

2 Chronicles 16:9. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.

The Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit glorifies Christ

The Spirit of truth bears witness to the indwelt Spirit of Christ in the Christian.

The Spirit of truth glorifies Christ by bearing witness that we belong to Christ and declaring this to the Apostles who sit on the thrones of judgment so that we are not judged and may onto the Father.

Jesus said to the Apostles -

John 16:13. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak, and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

This is how Christ builds His kingdom through the Holy Spirit here on earth.

Romans 8:15-16. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

I'm not about to read the whole thread but I don't think scripture counts unless its in the original language.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

This is your biased opinion and simply not true.

Its not even a serious scientific field, that's how bogus its considered.

And frankly, when it comes to biased opinions, you take the cake.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/80138-holy-spirit-supernatural-orb-explored-scripture-examined-26.html

source your quotes

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/80138-holy-spirit-supernatural-orb-explored-scripture-examined.html

source your quotes

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

“Mine are Christ’s living, doing, and speaking, his suffering and dying, mine as much as if I had lived, done, spoken, suffered, and died as he did.”- Martin Luther

Looking for the Spirit in bad trick photography is garbage. It's in the actions and words of the people around you, when those actions and words reflect the life of Jesus. Looking for and seeing the example of Jesus in all of those you interact with is much more discerning of the Spirit than any thing you've presented.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Below is an acrylic painting by a modern day artistic genius and inspired by God through a dream.

By: Child Prodigy Akiane Kramarik entitled, "Pyramid."

...In one of my dreams I saw the image of white pyramids beaten by the ocean waves and surrounded by live bubbles.

Unlike most of my dreams I saw the image of white pyramids beaten by the ocean waves and surrounded by live bubbles.

Unlike most of my paintings, I had no idea what those symbols meant, but I painted them anyway.

Today the meaning still remains a riddle...

Akiane Kramarick

The scripture that this painting reminds me of is:

Genesis 1:2. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

It appears that God is inspiring modern day artistic geniuses to paint "live bubbles."

Not that good of a painting imo

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

You would know that it was real if you were there. And you have to believe in Jesus in order to get in.

Why bother praying if I'm just going to get summoned there anyway, and be converted upon my arrival?

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

And you have to believe in Jesus in order to get in.
What if I don't believe in God but I tell Peter about some really good burning bush I could hook him up with?
Or what if I bring a really hot chick with me and have her distract Peter while I slip into the VIP Christian club?

I'm not really sure why someone is any more deserving of eternal paradise than anyone else because they believe in Jesus, or even his moral rules. It's extremely arbitrary.

The weird thing about Heaven and Hell is that they emotionally feed on our physical, mortal pleasures and fears, and actually seem highly materialistic, which is strange for a religion that seeks to absolve from worldly desires.

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 14, 2015

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Elephant posted:

I'm not about to read the whole thread but I don't think scripture counts unless its in the original language.

The original languages are Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Its not even a serious scientific field, that's how bogus its considered.

And frankly, when it comes to biased opinions, you take the cake.

Science is limited to the physical laws and properties of this world. The supernatural is beyond and not of this world.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

You would know Atlantis was real if you were there. You have to believe in Poseidon to get in.

Here is an example of how to pray to Poseidon: https://natashahandy.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/prayer-to-poseidon/

If it doesn't work, it's obviously because you weren't doing it right or didn't have enough faith.

You clearly recognize what I just posted as a silly argument, because you don't already believe in Poseidon. Similarly, I recognize the abject stupidity of your posts because I don't presuppose the existence of the Abrahamic god (nor any others). That's the real problem with all this weird poo poo you come up with: it's really only convincing to people who already believe. A psychologist would call that a defense mechanism to reinforce irrational beliefs.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

BrandorKP posted:

“Mine are Christ’s living, doing, and speaking, his suffering and dying, mine as much as if I had lived, done, spoken, suffered, and died as he did.”- Martin Luther

Looking for the Spirit in bad trick photography is garbage. It's in the actions and words of the people around you, when those actions and words reflect the life of Jesus. Looking for and seeing the example of Jesus in all of those you interact with is much more discerning of the Spirit than any thing you've presented.

Photographs of the Holy Spirit are not garbage. It is evidence of God's presence here on earth through His Spirit. Although what you say is nice, the Spirit is a very real presence throughout the world and not just within. It is the Spirit which bears witness that we belong to Christ and are children of God. I've included scripture for the discernment of the Spirit.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Exclamation Marx posted:

Not that good of a painting imo

Akiane Kramarick is a Child Prodigy. She is a modern day artistic genius. She was 10 years old when she painted that.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Akiane Kramarick is a Child Prodigy. She is a modern day artistic genius. She was 10 years old when she painted that.

It's okay (not really, it looks like rejected cover art for a Carlos Castaneda book). But real child prodigy painters have mastered anatomy and oil technique by that age. Stop lowering expectations for today's youth.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Why bother praying if I'm just going to get summoned there anyway, and be converted upon my arrival?

You must ask.

Mathew 7:7. Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

The original languages are Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

And when you read the scripture are you reading it in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bicyclops posted:

Actually, I solved the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time quite easily, so once again you're wrong. Maybe it is you who lacks discernment of my vast spiritual energies? How about you put that in your camera lens and smoke it, pal.

I always did the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple because the Mirror Shield is rad as hell and the Shadow Temple sucks rear end.

Hey OP, will video games exist in heaven? I know they will in Hell, so this is really important to me. I feel like I will finally be able to practice speed-running MGS3 if I have all eternity to do so but I'm concerned that the fires of hell will be slightly distracting. Then again all the a-holes screaming "holy, holy, holy!" in god's ear forever will get old fast. Please advise.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Who What Now posted:

I always did the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple because the Mirror Shield is rad as hell and the Shadow Temple sucks rear end.

Hey OP, will video games exist in heaven? I know they will in Hell, so this is really important to me. I feel like I will finally be able to practice speed-running MGS3 if I have all eternity to do so but I'm concerned that the fires of hell will be slightly distracting. Then again all the a-holes screaming "holy, holy, holy!" in god's ear forever will get old fast. Please advise.

I believe you are looking for the singularity.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

I'm not really sure why someone is any more deserving of eternal paradise than anyone else because they believe in Jesus, or even his moral rules. It's extremely arbitrary.

We all fall short of the glory of God. It is an undeserving vocation to be a child of God. Jesus had suffered and died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins so that we would not suffer eternal damnation and be with Him and Father God - our Creators.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Who What Now posted:

He who sequence breaks in a Zelda game shall be cast into the darkness, where there will be much gnashing of teeth, and never shall he see My light.

-Hylia 4: 26-27

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

We all fall short of the glory of God. It is an undeserving vocation to be a child of God. Jesus had suffered and died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins so that we would not suffer eternal damnation and be with Him and Father God - our Creators.

Maybe God should have done a better job making people.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Thou shalt always love each Zelda to a hundred percent completion, and never shall thou stray from doing things in the right order.

-Farore, 12:7

The lens flares you see in the pictographs are the fairies, who are closest to the spirit realm, and walk in the bloom-lit twilight.

-Navi, 2: 24-23

"Hai! Hyaaaa! Ya! Yaaah!"

-Link, 1:1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Who What Now posted:

Maybe God should have done a better job making people.
God made man in His image, so assume that God is a complete shithead. Closer to Hitler or Stalin than anything else, going off his appearances in the Old Testament.

site fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 14, 2015

• Locked thread