Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's supposed to be a few days, but Nintendo also stopped giving out coins. Or they're in the processing of doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

noirstronaut posted:

It's supposed to be a few days, but Nintendo also stopped giving out coins. Or they're in the processing of doing so.

I still got coins from Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2 yesterday.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
You have until the end of the month to earn coins .

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's just odd since I registered Return to Dreamland and Mass Attack, and the post-play surveys for them were available immediately after the product registration, but when I registered Tetris DS and Pokemon Ranger, I didn't get post-play surveys. Also odd is that a few days ago, I bought the three Donkey Kong Country games on the Wii U, but didn't get any product registration for the titles. I assumed it was because I already owned them on the Wii and the "upgrade" wouldn't count for product registration, but then yesterday I bought LInk to the Past (also an upgrade) and I DID get a product registration notification for it. I also haven't gotten any product registrations for the three Wii U VC games I downloaded today as rewards, but I did get one for Metroid II that I got as a reward.

I dunno. Just seems like weird stuff is going on. If I don't get the 70 coins I'm expecting I won't be too upset I guess since there's nothing I desperately want, but a little consistency would be nice.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Twelve by Pies posted:

Also odd is that a few days ago, I bought the three Donkey Kong Country games on the Wii U, but didn't get any product registration for the titles.

The DKC games came out after Jan 20th so they don't get surveys at all.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah some games have a why did you buy this survey that shows up right away and all games have a what did you think post play survey that takes a week to show up. Unless the game got released after Jan 20th then you get nothing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Some CL codes apparently expire. I entered ones for Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus and the Plus one expired even though it's newer.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

Some CL codes apparently expire. I entered ones for Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus and the Plus one expired even though it's newer.

Yeah, my Kirby Yarn one says it's expired when you try to put it in.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
There's a list of what qualifies for coins on the site, but yeah it's weird. The original Super Mario Galaxy still gives you coins but Galaxy 2 doesn't. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will give you coins, but Platinum won't. I have no idea.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The DKC games came out after Jan 20th so they don't get surveys at all.

Ah right, forgot about that.

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah some games have a why did you buy this survey that shows up right away and all games have a what did you think post play survey that takes a week to show up. Unless the game got released after Jan 20th then you get nothing.

Yeah but it was weird, like I said, with Return to Dreamland and Mass Attack, literally as soon as I finished the registration survey for the 40 coins, I immediately had the post-play survey for 10 coins in my To-Do List. I thought it was kind of weird but I thought hey maybe because they're older games, they're just giving the post-play survey now. Then when I did Tetris DS and Pokemon Ranger 2 yesterday, I didn't get the post-play surveys immediately like I did with the two Kirby games.

No idea why it happened like that, but I'm not too concerned about it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Do you actually get anything for beating the par times in the Mighty Switch Force games, like remixed stages or soundtrack/concept art unlocks, or is it just to challenge yourself?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Do you actually get anything for beating the par times in the Mighty Switch Force games, like remixed stages or soundtrack/concept art unlocks, or is it just to challenge yourself?

It changes the title screen.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aussies, EB Games is gonna be doing 15% off eShop cards from March 21 (next Saturday) to April 7.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

elf help book posted:

It changes the title screen.

Not gonna bother then. Jesus, would it kill them to do something simple like add in a music player with a track for each level?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
MSF2 gives you an alt costume or something, I forget.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Not gonna bother then. Jesus, would it kill them to do something simple like add in a music player with a track for each level?

Flip Champs has this (er, at least DX does, I played it on PS3). At least the soundtracks are pay-what-you-want on Bandcamp.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How much is Flip Champs?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

noirstronaut posted:

How much is Flip Champs?

If you got a PS3 or Vita it's currently free on the PSN Store as part of the Wayforward sales.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Flip Champs PSN freebie requires PS+, just so people know.

DSiWare price is $8, same as Mighty Milky Way.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I've found the Wii U version of Disney Infinity 1.0 pretty cheap and remembered a while back there was supposed to be a free download for Wii U owners to get upgrade the game to Infinity 2.0. Is that still going on?

I was thinking about buying this as a gift for a family member who has a Wii U, but I think they'd be more interested in eventually buying the 2.0 Marvel figures stuff than the 1.0 Disney/Pixar.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Disney Infinity 1.0 is already free to download; it was marketed as an "update" because you can't actually play it unless you own the portal or whatever other junk came with the retail Wii game, and it was supposed to act as an incentive for Wii players to move to the new hardware.

I've heard you can upgrade 1.0 to 2.0 for a fee, but I don't actually play any of this crap so don't ask me if or how it works.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 15, 2015

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

You could hit up Virt's Bandcamp pages.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up for anyone with a JP 3DS: Capcom will be putting a bunch of games on sale from March 18 through April 1:

Biohazard The Mercenaries 3D
Biohazard Revelations
EX Troopers
Gaist Crusher God
Monster Hunter 3G
Nazo Waku Yakata (adventure/minigame collection with a 3D sound gimmick)

all reduced to 1500yen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Gameplay can be its own reward.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread but it looks like the Nintendo 3DS thread has been closed and a forums search didn't bring up another.

I own a 3DS. I bought a new 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 pre-installed.

I did a system transfer from the 3DS to the XL and Mario Kart 7 is no longer on the XL and not available in the eshop's "redownloadable" section. Am I missing something?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Met posted:

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread but it looks like the Nintendo 3DS thread has been closed and a forums search didn't bring up another.
The new 3DS thread is right here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Met posted:

I own a 3DS. I bought a new 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 pre-installed.

I did a system transfer from the 3DS to the XL and Mario Kart 7 is no longer on the XL and not available in the eshop's "redownloadable" section. Am I missing something?

Was the XL completely new and unused? Did you do a straight system transfer without doing anything on the XL system including formatting, linking it earlier with a NNID (even if the same one as the one you would get after the transfer), or selecting a different country during the setup phase?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 19):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario Party 10 - €39.99 / £34.99 (March 20)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Starsl - €19.99 / £17.99 (March 20, cross-buy)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.79 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force HD (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U eShop) - €1.25 / £1.25 until March 19
    Shantae and the Pirates Curse (Wii U eShop) - €12.74 / £11.99 until March 19
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until March 26
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 until April 1

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Starsl - €19.99 / £17.99 (March 20, cross-buy)
    Navy Commander - €10.00 / £8.99
    Mindfeud - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - €8.49 / £6.79 until March 19
    Proun+ (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.50 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force (3DS eShop) - 12.49 / £1.34 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (3DS eShop) - €1.25 / £1.25 until March 19
    Shantae and the Pirates Curse (3DS eShop) - €12.74 / £11.99 until March 19
    3D Altered Beast (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Ecco the Dolphin (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Galaxy Force II (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Shinobi III (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Space Harrier (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Streets of Rage (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Super Hang-On (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €13.99 / £11.19 until March 26
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €22.49 / £18.74 until March 26
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 from March 19-April 2
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.40 from March 19-April 9
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from March 19-April 9
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from March 19-April 9

(there's some shovelware sales I couldn't be arsed to list, as always)

MvDK Tipping Stars is not "cross-buy' in the traditional sense - they simply give you codes for both versions, so you can sell or give away your other code if you really want to.

If you only get one GBA Castlevania game, make sure it's Aria of Sorrow (and then buy the other two anyway).

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Circle of the Moon is better :colbert:

And still no Gunvolt. Why does everything on the eShop I'm interested in take for-loving-ever to go from US to EU?

Also, more Curtain Call songs coming: :shepspends:

Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion (BMS)
Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death (BMS)
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2 (BMS)
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time (FMS)
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River (FMS)
NieR - Shadowlord (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II (BMS)
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child (FMS)

Shadowlord and Birds in the Sky will be free until April 1st, even.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 16, 2015

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

We haven't seen any leaks or possibilities of what the club nintendo platinum rewards may be right? I though I saw they were going to put them up in April?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress yeah, Aria of Sorrow.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man I was going to get Tipping Stars but the UK is getting kinda ripped off considering it's $20 in the US

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ineffiable posted:

We haven't seen any leaks or possibilities of what the club nintendo platinum rewards may be right? I though I saw they were going to put them up in April?

All we know is that they will be all digital with probably some retail games as platinum rewards. I'm hoping for the GBA ambassador games as a reward.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm hoping for Fantasy Life, though I somewhat doubt it. I have a feeling I'll already own every platinum reward.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

KennyMan666 posted:

What what what??

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

KennyMan666 posted:

Circle of the Moon is better :colbert:

And still no Gunvolt. Why does everything on the eShop I'm interested in take for-loving-ever to go from US to EU?

Also, more Curtain Call songs coming: :shepspends:

Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death (BMS)
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2 (BMS)
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time (FMS)
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River (FMS)
NieR - Shadowlord (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II (BMS)
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child (FMS)

I just logged into the DLC shop last night for the first time in months and had to agonizingly buy 13 songs I wanted to play. How the gently caress did they not add a cart option, buying the songs is harder than playing them.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

KennyMan666 posted:

I still have a hard time believing that this wasn't in the base game and took so long to become DLC.

That said, what's your source on this? I can't find anything about this on google.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

^ Source is a news item about it on another gaming page I go to (which in in Swedish). They don't link to any source, but they haven't done that when writing about previous CC DLC either and it's never been wrong.

Agrias120 posted:

I just logged into the DLC shop last night for the first time in months and had to agonizingly buy 13 songs I wanted to play. How the gently caress did they not add a cart option, buying the songs is harder than playing them.
Yeah, the system is pretty horrid. It's like five separate confirmations and then waiting for it to download and the shop page to reload for each song.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah, the system is pretty horrid. It's like five separate confirmations and then waiting for it to download and the shop page to reload for each song.

The glacial load times of the DLC menus is probably the worst part. If they loaded quicker it would be fine, but somehow they take longer than game levels to load and it turns the entire process into a huge undertaking.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Was there supposed to be an Atlus sale starting today? I'm going out of town later today, and wanted to download an Etrian Odyssey on sale. I might get Dual Destinies instead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

I still have a hard time believing that this wasn't in the base game and took so long to become DLC.

That said, what's your source on this? I can't find anything about this on google.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/nintendo_download_19th_march_europe