Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Dexie posted:

Violet-Eyes Grey Dragon will never happen and it's a shame.

If they ever decide Yu-Gi-Oh is ending for good, they gotta at least cough it up as a dream card or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry, you've got Legendary Dragon of White, a card that can't be used in tournaments because of his silly effect.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Don't worry, you've got Legendary Dragon of White, a card that can't be used in tournaments because of his silly effect.

And yet there's no such limitation text on Yu-Jo Friendship.

Tell me, rules gurus, can I show up to a tournament in such poor hygiene that it would be obviously hazardous to shake my hand, force people to do so with Friendship/Unity, and thereby make them forfeit? It's important

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm pretty sure a certain level of hygiene is need to be kept to even be in the venue to begin with, but some places just do not care.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm pretty sure a certain level of hygiene is need to be kept to even be in the venue to begin with, but some places just do not care.

Surgically graft joy buzzers onto both of your hands. The Joker technique.

You'll probably be in a lot of pain and have trouble finely manipulating things, but isn't winning a children's card game worth it?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Bee posted:

Surgically graft joy buzzers onto both of your hands. The Joker technique.

You'll probably be in a lot of pain and have trouble finely manipulating things, but isn't winning a children's card game worth it?

If you're not willing to leverage your own mortality in order to force your opponent to let you win then I think you might not be cut out for this sport. :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Adelheid posted:

And yet there's no such limitation text on Yu-Jo Friendship.

Tell me, rules gurus, can I show up to a tournament in such poor hygiene that it would be obviously hazardous to shake my hand, force people to do so with Friendship/Unity, and thereby make them forfeit? It's important

By extension they will never play any card that would let them handle yours.

Super bad hygiene: The hardest Snatch Steal counter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cut off your hands, play with your feet

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I know that the Pokemon TCG at least actually has rules mandating a certain level of hygiene. It's not just up to the venue, tournament organizers are required to enforce it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fighting Blackwing decks are the most soul sucking thing ever.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Beef Waifu posted:

Another reason to hate Crow!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

It's no coincidence that when they printed an Anti-Meta archetype, it consisted almost entirely of shutting down Dark and Light monsters (i.e. Blackwings and Lightsworns).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Beef Waifu posted:

Would you say that fighting Blackwings makes you feel like you're stark raven mad?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For real, gently caress you for spending 8 minutes summoning 4 synchro monsters.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

It's not just me! They were like that when they first came out too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Their PP17 support is kind of insane, and putting Black Whirlwind back to 3 was just too much. I wonder if they'll make any impact on the TCG when Return of the Bling hits?

The answer is no. They won't.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Beef Waifu posted:

For real, gently caress you for spending 8 minutes summoning 4 synchro monsters.

Ever play against Infernities before the banlist updates?

Hoo boy

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What was the most obnoxious top meta deck ever? I vote Mass Driver Frogs.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dabir posted:

Exodia decks.

Ooooh let me play solitaire and drag out my entire deck.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Exodia decks.

Ooooh let me play solitaire and drag out my entire deck.

I think you mean best deck.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dabir posted:

D R A G O N S, probably. Or TeleDAD. Or Goat Control. Or Yata OTK.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yata lock for sure.
I will always hate Inzektors. They're basically just long boring turns and then preventing you from doing stuff.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

I know that the Pokemon TCG at least actually has rules mandating a certain level of hygiene. It's not just up to the venue, tournament organizers are required to enforce it.

I find it absolutely hilarious that this is a thing.

I've also found that comic shops and places that do tournaments usually have quite a few people who smell like they took a bath in a sewer. The shops around town who don'd hold tournaments usually are okay. Sometimes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Droolers when they had access to all of their tools. 3 adults, 3 babies, 3 Super Rejuvenation.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Is there something about Synchro summoning I'm not getting? If I remember right, the total levels don't have to equal the level of the monster you're trying to summon, right? Every time I try summoning something high level though, it doesn't seem to let me. even though Black Rose Dragon doesn't seem to have any special conditions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Momomo posted:

If I remember right, the total levels don't have to equal the level of the monster you're trying to summon, right?

They do.

That's kinda the point.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Momomo posted:

Is there something about Synchro summoning I'm not getting? If I remember right, the total levels don't have to equal the level of the monster you're trying to summon, right? Every time I try summoning something high level though, it doesn't seem to let me. even though Black Rose Dragon doesn't seem to have any special conditions.

No they do. It's basic addition. IF you can do basic addition you can synchro summon.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, Black Rose has no special synchro conditions. It's just 1 tuner + 1 or more non tuner monsters with the total levels of the tuner + non-tuner monsters adding up to level 7.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Whatever loving idiot said the battle phase doesn't matter earlier in the thread should stop playing this game, because it's a struggle to even summon monsters or activate card effects, let alone get to the battle phase.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Whatever loving idiot said the battle phase doesn't matter earlier in the thread should stop playing this game, because it's a struggle to even summon monsters or activate card effects, let alone get to the battle phase.

Oh you're trying to normal summon a monster? That's cute. I went first and set five cards into my backrow. Good luck with that whole summoning thing. :v:

I still want Heavy Storm back, dammit.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

Oh you're trying to normal summon a monster? That's cute. I went first and set five cards into my backrow. Good luck with that whole summoning thing. :v:

I still want Heavy Storm back, dammit.

I summon Denko Sekka.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Arc-V confirmed for worst dub ever.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe they censored this but left that one guy in BBT untouched.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Senerio posted:

I summon Denko Sekka.

Denko Sekka is awesome, unless you're playing a deck that relies on Normal Summons.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Denko Sekka is amazing in Hunders. Especially when equipped with United We Stand and a Solidarity or two on the field.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO NICO SMILEY

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well, that's the German dub, right? I don't think having a character in a kid's show with a Hitler stache would fly over there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean yeah this IS the german dub.

If anybody has a good reason...:v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why is Yuya's hair a slightly different colour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

I can't believe they censored this but left that one guy in BBT untouched.

I remember when the BBT abridged movie came out, someone on tumblr sent LK some big rant to him about "how dare you call that man Pirate Hitler? That man is a real life comedian in Japan who is very well respected! :words:":