Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

That song was epic.

oh poo poo i didnt click on it and im glad i did now cause i couldnt remember the name for that one

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i got the soundtrack. it's epic.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
future club by perturbator is really good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6LFQ77DhzA

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
http://fat.gfycat.com/HospitableFluidIcelandichorse.webm

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have trouble deciding but I really like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcC6aI-nb3A

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlhgAkJBos

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
PM me if you would like the soundtrack.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

way too many guns itg (in this game)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cool game, had fun, gently caress hawaii, chokeslamming those loving dogs is cool

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hawaii had some of my favorite missions

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Larry Parrish posted:

Hawaii had some of my favorite missions

Casualties is dope
Stronghold was poo poo though

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

lmao

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

;-*

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

actually took me a second :golfclap:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

This game is in fact not very good.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

human being

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every mission in Act 5 is loving killer

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Every mission in Act 5 is loving killer

I liked every mission but yeah. Personally I can't decide if the prison, the police station, the Russian mob tower, or the Colombian mansion is the best level of all. But those are the top 4 IMO.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres this one detective mission that starts out amazing, having to take cover behind crates and poo poo from machine gunners and creeping your way up to the guns that counter them.

then the last floor is double/triple window bullshit and half the enemies are dogs and big dudes gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i actually like most of the design changes and most of the complaints about this game seem to revolve around "i cant wrecklessly run around holding LMB with a knife and win :qq:" but all the double window poo poo is terrible and really hard to keep track of

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres this one detective mission that starts out amazing, having to take cover behind crates and poo poo from machine gunners and creeping your way up to the guns that counter them.

then the last floor is double/triple window bullshit and half the enemies are dogs and big dudes gently caress

its funny because i really liked the second and third level but hated the cover guys on that mission

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I like it too. Sequels are about changing the rules

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That jailbreak mission was loving amazing though because it was basically HM1 so what the gently caress do I know?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah. It's the only level I didn't like probably, and not even that I disliked the design so much as I thought that that level was way too long

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

yeah. It's the only level I didn't like probably, and not even that I disliked the design so much as I thought that that level was way too long

This. I like the new longer levels but a few just feel a little too long and I wish they had broken a few up into two floors instead of just one that was hecka big.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it sucks because on long levels once you lose enough you kind of get lazy/bored and just murder them in the easiest most mundane way possible (fire a gun, get guys to form conga line, melee them all, repeat).

with shorter levels you can experiment a lot more and in this game experimentation gets you sent back to the beginning of a long rear end floor with like 20+ guys

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Exactly. It's why the act 5 levels are sweet because you can play aggressive enough to combo entire floors but if you gently caress up you don't lose like any progress

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I found myself getting killed by melee enemies through walls a lot in this game. Or enemies would wig out and vibrate rapidly which made them invulnerable.
And yeah some of the checkpoints are way too far apart.

also echoing the sentiment that the story was dumb and bad.

To be honest I was kind of hoping that both of Hotline Miami 1's endings were canon, where Jacket lost the fight with the Biker, was put into a coma, and dreamed the chapters up to when Richter killed him.
And that HL2 would have the biker getting chased by 50 blessings dudes and then dismantling another cell out of spite.

That all said I thought the reporter's gimmick of doing nonlethal takedowns was an interesting bit of characterization incorporated into gameplay, and only if the player chooses to do so. And his chapters tended to be short enough that it didn't wear out its welcome.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 15, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the writer's secret level had you dismantle a 50 blessings cell, so there was that

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
not really dismantling it, he just beats up a bunch of random gangsters that use the old 50 blessings place as a hideout.

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.
https://a.pomf.se/defrrq.webm
got pretty good at alex and ash but can't do this poo poo since they keep getting stuck right by southern entrance. neat video for ideas on how to use them tho

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait. THere's a button that lets you switch control. I thought you had to deal with the obnoxiously bad gun-swan's positioning.

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.

Larry Parrish posted:

Wait. THere's a button that lets you switch control. I thought you had to deal with the obnoxiously bad gun-swan's positioning.

you can't, dude just made ash position super well

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

khrits posted:

you can't, dude just made ash position super well

But he picked up different guns.. WTF>

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

But he picked up different guns.. WTF>

automagic whenever they're empty, they'll pick up guns they walk over

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

khrits posted:

automagic whenever they're empty, they'll pick up guns they walk over

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku