Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Give it a week, Decalgirl will probably have a skin of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

That's already a skin anyway. The regular N3DS only has swappable exteriors, not interiors.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Liquid Penguins posted:

I got an email back and I'm calling in the morning. The actual repair center will be closed though so who knows what the phone man/lady will be able to do. At this point I'm tempted to get a used system and have them transfer licenses. When I get the new 3ds back in a year I'll just sell it.

drat, that sucks. Would you mind reporting back what they tell you? I will probably have to do the same song and dance. PM me so it doesn't clog up the thread or maybe what you post might help someone else.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fuzz posted:

Give it a week, Decalgirl will probably have a skin of it.

But the buttons...

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Dreyvas posted:

Ugh, yet another reason to despise Nintendo for not releasing the non-XL model stateside.

That is absolutely gorgeous.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Yeah either I have gorilla hands or the power button placement is terrible on this thing. I've accidentally turned it off 5 times tonight.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Yeah either I have gorilla hands or the power button placement is terrible on this thing. I've accidentally turned it off 5 times tonight.

Tuck your pinky between your middle and ring fingers. Or buy a grip.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
How are you holding it that you're constantly turning it off accidentally? I've never done that and I can't imagine what weird position my hand would have to be in to put my fingers near the power button.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

8-bit Miniboss posted:

But the buttons...

You people are loving retarded with your obsession with Famicom buttons. Seriously.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fuzz posted:

You people are loving retarded with your obsession with Famicom buttons. Seriously.

It's not about the games. It's about the buttons!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That does look nice, but I'd much prefer an XL. Maybe if I had a regular 3DS XL I'd prefer the smaller new one, but I don't, so I don't.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Is there anyone interested in buying a cyber grip for the new non-XL 3ds? Bought one that was supposed to be for the XL but was sent a non-XL version.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Fuzz posted:

I'm just saying that the overall illusion is ruined with the wrong color buttons. Chill out guy. :jerkbag:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I spilled tea on my 3dsxl and now the top screen is kinda bad and super purple-tinted, it's still under warranty but I imagine I'd still have to pay for a repair since, y'know, I spilled tea on it. Am I best off sending it in to Nintendo, trying to fix it myself, or just calling it quits paperboy style?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hat Thoughts posted:

I spilled tea on my 3dsxl and now the top screen is kinda bad and super purple-tinted, it's still under warranty but I imagine I'd still have to pay for a repair since, y'know, I spilled tea on it. Am I best off sending it in to Nintendo, trying to fix it myself, or just calling it quits paperboy style?

At least call and see if they can get you a quote.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The rear end Stooge posted:

How are you holding it that you're constantly turning it off accidentally? I've never done that and I can't imagine what weird position my hand would have to be in to put my fingers near the power button.

The power button is pretty much right where my finger rests against it at the bottom and it's on the curved part so it's super easy to hit it when I'm pressing down on the shoulder buttons.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's true. I do it all the time. It's a poo poo placement for that button, and it pisses me off every time. It should have been on the top half somewhere. A major, stupid flaw.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I haven't accidently turned off my 3ds once. I think you should all get soft, delicate, girly hands like me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hat Thoughts posted:

Have you tried glueing cartridge holders to it?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I turned mine off accidentally a few times somehow but the New 3DSs button layout is much better in that regard

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I have my finger over the button all the time and never turn it off because, you know, I don't actually press it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
That SNES XL is ugly

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

That SNES XL is ugly

1. its not an xl
2. your wrong

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
That SNES 3DS is ugly

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

precision posted:

Mega Gengar is an rear end in a top hat.
You think Mega Gengar is bad, just wait until the final boss.

Mega Gengar I somehow beat, only things I bought were a Moves+5 and Mega Start and that time I think I didn't even need those extra moves. Spent some time capturing most EX Pokémons, idk if they helped much when I took down Mega Gengar.

Only Pokémen I have left to catch now are Blaziken, Raikou and Xerneas and they're all cunts. loving 1% catchability rate (though with a bit of luck in the fight - that is, 4 seconds remaining at victory - I can at least get 21% catchability rate on Raikou which is good enough to just try again and again for).

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is Shantae's last portion purposefully just undoable without a guide? How are you supposed to know these things?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

You think Mega Gengar is bad, just wait until the final boss.

Mega Gengar I somehow beat, only things I bought were a Moves+5 and Mega Start and that time I think I didn't even need those extra moves. Spent some time capturing most EX Pokémons, idk if they helped much when I took down Mega Gengar.

Only Pokémen I have left to catch now are Blaziken, Raikou and Xerneas and they're all cunts. loving 1% catchability rate (though with a bit of luck in the fight - that is, 4 seconds remaining at victory - I can at least get 21% catchability rate on Raikou which is good enough to just try again and again for).
I have S ranks on all the main stages, but I still need to catch Xerneas, Yvetal and Mewtwo.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Okay now that is just loving cruel.

Because it looks neat, or because the 3DS will never play SNES games?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ragequit posted:

Because America doesn't get the new 3DS.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ragequit posted:

Both.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dreyvas posted:

Ugh, yet another reason to despise Nintendo for not releasing the non-XL model stateside.

The new3ds XL has a backplate that is easily replaceable and the top cover looks easy to replace too (just gotta take out the four little stickers hiding the screws). I don't see why some manufacturer can't make replacements for these for the XL. Though honestly I'd probably just buy matte black.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The new3ds XL has a backplate that is easily replaceable and the top cover looks easy to replace too (just gotta take out the four little stickers hiding the screws). I don't see why some manufacturer can't make replacements for these for the XL. Though honestly I'd probably just buy matte black.

Again, that SNES thing is just a 3rd-party skin, not an official thing. I think the point was that it only works well with the colored buttons, which the XL doesn't have.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Still sold out everywhere.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zaa Boogie posted:

We're supposed to be getting info on the new one at the end of the month.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Couldn't someone who gave enough fucks open a new 3DS and swap the buttons into a new 3DS XL?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zaa Boogie posted:

And plays snes games like poo poo anyway

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

And plays snes games like poo poo anyway

Are you using a bad emulator? I'm using CATSFC and I haven't run into many problems. Granted, I'm only playing All-Stars, Dream Course, Earthbound, and Link to the Past.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

SeANMcBAY posted:

We're supposed to be getting info on the new one at the end of the month.

They said the same thing last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

noirstronaut posted:

Are you using a bad emulator? I'm using CATSFC and I haven't run into many problems. Granted, I'm only playing All-Stars, Dream Course, Earthbound, and Link to the Past.
Woah, I didn't even know you could use a different emulator than the one built into the DSTwo.