Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Bored posted:

I'm pretty sure enzyte would sign people who ordered a bottle up for a plan without their knowledge and force anyone who wanted to cancel to go to a doctor and get a note saying that their penis was still tiny to send to them.

How the crap is that even remotely legal? Like if you cancelled they'd refuse to accept it?

edit: Oh, OK. Good for them! Glad to see the American justice system worked for once.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 02:56 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

How the crap is that even remotely legal? Like if you cancelled they'd refuse to accept it?

It's not, and they got what they deserved: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzyte#Federal_indictment_and_trial

Wikipedia posted:

The company's founder and CEO, Steve Warshak, and his mother, Harriet Warshak, were found guilty of conspiracy to commit mail fraud, bank fraud, and money laundering, and in September 2008 they were sentenced to prison and ordered to forfeit $500 million in assets.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Stumbled upon a goon lair today while I was out for a drive.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
Is the Panther on the back of the barn?

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
Does the barn cut off at the edge of the picture?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
More Wind Waker vs. Drunk text Messages.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Bored posted:

I'm pretty sure enzyte would sign people who ordered a bottle up for a plan without their knowledge and force anyone who wanted to cancel to go to a doctor and get a note saying that their penis was still tiny to send to them.

loving Bob. He really threw me off with that friendly smile.

Say Nothing posted:

I thought that said "Wind Wanker." I liked it better that way. That second panel sounds like the kind of apology I occasionally have to make.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Say Nothing posted:

These are not very funny.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PittTheElder posted:

These are not very funny.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

You have to be in the right mood for WW: TFLN.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Would.

I was visiting my parents at Christmas and my dad had a pile of these little pamphlets at his place on the kitchen table. For some reason I found this one particularly hilarious:

(Sorry for lovely quality, I had to take the picture REALLY FAST so he didn't catch me)

A FOE OF EXTRAORDINARY POLEMICAL AGILITY

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Would.

I was visiting my parents at Christmas and my dad had a pile of these little pamphlets at his place on the kitchen table. For some reason I found this one particularly hilarious:

(Sorry for lovely quality, I had to take the picture REALLY FAST so he didn't catch me)

If you want to read it, here's a copy.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Would.

please do not be mean to ben shapiro

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

LoonShia posted:

Proclick right here. This guy

BBJoey posted:

gets really, really angry about 'bullies' for 35 pages. I wonder why.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I've heard of having a wild hair up your rear end, but being up a wild hare's rear end?

No ring, I know I know.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That just means he's good at spinning bullshit, right?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

BBJoey posted:

What a cool guy. :allears:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The MSJ posted:

That just means he's good at spinning bullshit, right?

Perception = Reality in the eyes of most animals, so yes basically. He's likely very aware of basic theatrics and using his "clean-cut white guy" posture to look as "respectable" and intelligent as possible, and pouncing on any form of hesitation or perceived weakness--also known as being a fallible human being with an open mind and degree of humility--to assert perceived dominance due to innate strength.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

"You know what to do with that big fat butt..."

wiggle wiggle wiggle

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Would.

He's actually A FOE OF EXTRAORDINARILY POLEMICAL AGILITY"

:colbert:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Would.

Doesn't "polemical agility" entirely mean he's a total rear end in a top hat who immediately resorts to overly harsh criticism, and nothing else?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

"You know what to do with that big fat butt..."

wiggle wiggle wiggle

Me so loni! Me, me so loni!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alabaster White posted:

Doesn't "polemical agility" entirely mean he's a total rear end in a top hat who immediately resorts to overly harsh criticism, and nothing else?

Yeah, it's not something most people would put on a cover blurb, because that's more of an insult than a compliment. But what do I know, I'm apparently a dirty pinko commie in his opinion.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No, guys, he is a Foe of Extraordinarily polemical agility. That means he's against it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

LoonShia posted:

Pro-click right here

E: Unsurprisingly, it turns out that leftists are wrong and stupid about everything, and they use underhanded manoeuvres like calling bigots bigots and differentiating between facts and opinions.

The way to beat them is to yell "you're gonna call me a racist" before saying anything racist, since that takes away their only argument. Substitute homophobe, sexist, whatever as necessary. Once this is done, calmly point out that they are stupid and wrong with salient points like "if we recognize gay marriage, some children will be motherless," "universal health care is worse than for-profit health care, just look at the UK," or "other countries have carbon footprints also" until the leftist is thoroughly defeated.

Proof this works: One year after I totally schooled Piers Morgan on his show, he was taken off the air. Here's a bunch of excerpts from the interview, wherein I cleverly point out that using the death of children killed by poorly regulated guns to argue for improved gun regulation is totally disrespectful to said children, before he can polemically accuse me of not caring about dead children.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 16:00 on Mar 14, 2015

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Faux foe fo' sho'

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kajeesus posted:

Pro-click right here

E: Unsurprisingly, it turns out that leftists are wrong and stupid about everything, and they use underhanded manoeuvres like calling bigots bigots and differentiating between facts and opinions.

The way to beat them is to yell "you're gonna call me a racist" before saying anything racist, since that takes away their only argument. Substitute homophobe, sexist, whatever as necessary. Once this is done, calmly point out that they are stupid and wrong with salient points like "if we recognize gay marriage, some children will be motherless," "universal health care is worse than for-profit health care, just look at the UK," or "other countries have carbon footprints also" until the leftist is thoroughly defeated.

Proof this works: One year after I totally schooled Piers Morgan on his show, he was taken off the air. Here's a bunch of excerpts from the interview, wherein I cleverly point out that using the death of children killed by poorly regulated guns to argue for improved gun regulation is totally disrespectful to said children, before he can polemically accuse me of not caring about dead children.

Ah yes. The beloved spokesperson of the godless left, Piers Morgan. :psyduck:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

LoonShia posted:

Couple pages in. So far a lot of pure bullshit. Outsourced quotes. Few, if any, citations. Strawmen. Red Herrings. It's amazing how badly this is written.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I got about five pages in and he references Friends and Murphy Brown.

Is this a book from the 90s? If he's currently 21 he's referencing stuff that was literally on before he was born or when he was a young child.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Some quotes. :allears:

"It is the reason that the right consistently loses the
black and Hispanic vote – not because the right’s
policies are so abhorrent to blacks and Hispanics,
but because blacks and Hispanics have been told for
generations that conservatives hate them."

"You may notice
when arguing with someone on the left that every
time you begin to make a point, that leftist begins
shouting about George W. Bush. It’s like Leftist
Tourette’s Syndrome"

:ironicat: :jerkbag:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

LoonShia posted:

I was trying to find a funny quote from this book. But I couldn't find anything that didn't read like "top 11 reasons why you should throw the first punch against leftist."

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Maybe she's just getting the spiderwebs to stick to the tube.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Krinkle posted:

Maybe she's just getting the spiderwebs to stick to the tube.

Now that would just make too much sense.

This tortoise has none of that crap for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Preparing for the 110 meter turtles

• Locked thread