Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Screw Ghostwriter, when can a brother get himself a Wishbone reboot?

A gritty reboot where Wishbone is one of Michael Vicks dogs dreaming after a day of fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Len posted:

A gritty reboot where Wishbone is one of Michael Vicks dogs dreaming after a day of fights.

With a theme song by DMX

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wish Bon' give it to ya

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Wishbone's voice provided by Xzibit.

SUP DAWG, we put a story in your story.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ignite Memories posted:

Wish Bon' give it to ya

I think you could pitch just this tagline to any producer and this movie will get made

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

DrBouvenstein posted:

Screw Ghostwriter, when can a brother get himself a Wishbone reboot?

Combine the two ideas, use the original dog

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Other breaking bad thing: in the scene after the plane crash with people looking about in Walt's pool with their respiratory protection and suits and stuff there is like, loving Darth Vader breathing apparatus noises, but the dude is just wearing a mask without any filters or a respirator attached so he should be breathing normally.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jsoh posted:

Other breaking bad thing: in the scene after the plane crash with people looking about in Walt's pool with their respiratory protection and suits and stuff there is like, loving Darth Vader breathing apparatus noises, but the dude is just wearing a mask without any filters or a respirator attached so he should be breathing normally.

He's the office clown, he always makes those noises when he puts on those outfits, even though nobody laughed the first time he did it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jerusalem posted:

He's the office clown, he always makes those noises when he puts on those outfits, even though nobody laughed the first time he did it.

Police Academy suddenly makes so much more sense.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

re: Chappie

Jedit posted:

It's literally Short Circuit set in South Africa and replacing Ally Sheedy with a brace of lovely rappers.

As someone who hasn't seen so much as a screenshot, much less a trailer of this movie, I feel like someone's going to have to tell me why I shouldn't run out and see this movie right the gently caress now.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Saving Private Ryan: why was a parat oper having a flashback to the beach invasion of Normandy?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't know what to call it, so let me try to explain it.

In a lot of comedies about schlubby normal dudes (a lot of stoner comedies, too), there's often this weird idolization of some c/d-list celebrity that usually isn't even from the generation of the cast. It becomes this worship where they will say "X would never do that to a bro!", or "what would X do!", and then lo and behold there's a cameo "as himself" and he gets to give sage advice or be really weird and self referential and I kind of hate it. Off the top of my head I can think of Neil Diamond in Saving Silverman, Neil Patrick Harris in Harold & Kumar, and I think there was a guy in Dude! Where's My Car?. That movie This Is The End is basically this: the movie...

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ted and Half Baked do it too.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

They did that joke with Burt Reynolds in Saint's Row 3 and Archer right around the same time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Firstborn posted:

I don't know what to call it, so let me try to explain it.

In a lot of comedies about schlubby normal dudes (a lot of stoner comedies, too), there's often this weird idolization of some c/d-list celebrity that usually isn't even from the generation of the cast. It becomes this worship where they will say "X would never do that to a bro!", or "what would X do!", and then lo and behold there's a cameo "as himself" and he gets to give sage advice or be really weird and self referential and I kind of hate it. Off the top of my head I can think of Neil Diamond in Saving Silverman, Neil Patrick Harris in Harold & Kumar, and I think there was a guy in Dude! Where's My Car?. That movie This Is The End is basically this: the movie...

This is the End shouldn't really count because the main characters are celebrities too. The cameos all make sense.

Adam Sandler movies use this trope all the time, usually with athletes.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Lance Armstrong pops up at the end of Dodgeball to say you should never give up and do what it takes to win.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dr_Amazing posted:

Lance Armstrong pops up at the end of Dodgeball to say you should never give up and do what it takes to win.

I want to see that movie now :allears: :france:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Midnight Raider posted:

re: Chappie

As someone who hasn't seen so much as a screenshot, much less a trailer of this movie, I feel like someone's going to have to tell me why I shouldn't run out and see this movie right the gently caress now.

Because it wasn't very good.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Kurtofan posted:

I want to see that movie now :allears: :france:

If nothing else, watch it for Alan Tudyk as Steve The Pirate :yarr:

And Rip Torn as Patches O'Houlihan himself, drunk off his rocker

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Something I'm irrationally irritated by is Jeffery Dean Morgan appearing as an important character in a tv show and then disappearing the next season.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gaunab posted:

Some I'm irrationally irritated by is Jeffery Dean Morgan appearing as an important character in a tv show and then disappearing the next season.

Shameless? At least Dermot Mulroney is doing fine as basically his replacement.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

KozmoNaut posted:

And Rip Torn as Patches O'Houlihan himself, drunk off his rocker
You have to give the man credit for being more of a drunken clusterfuck than Oliver Reed. That takes dedication.

Also, he hit Norman Mailer with a hammer. He gets a few points for that one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Shameless? At least Dermot Mulroney is doing fine as basically his replacement.

He was also in quite a bit of the first season of Supernatural but doesn't come back until the last episode of the second season. After that he's gone forever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
True, but he has an amazing reason for not coming back.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
In the various Buddies movies that spawned from air bud, it always irritates me how terrible the owners of these puppies are. Puppies should be at home, not going into space, finding ancient egyptian treasure, defeating the howloween hound or participating in a sled dog race. I mean, they always end up being fine in the end, but most people assume their puppies can't talk to other puppies and know that the only adventures they are going to have outside the house will be running into a highway and dying.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Heck, they might even die from Parvovirus.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

True, but he has an amazing reason for not coming back.

And even then he's said he will come back for an appearance in the last season of Supernatural if they ask him. So the only thing that's stopped him returning is that they can't seem to stop making Supernatural.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Murphy Brownback posted:

In the various Buddies movies that spawned from air bud, it always irritates me how terrible the owners of these puppies are. Puppies should be at home, not going into space, finding ancient egyptian treasure, defeating the howloween hound or participating in a sled dog race. I mean, they always end up being fine in the end, but most people assume their puppies can't talk to other puppies and know that the only adventures they are going to have outside the house will be running into a highway and dying.

I don't know if you're joking or if you're autistic. :(

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
"Puppies should be at home, not going into space"

That's a great line, though.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

mng posted:

"Puppies should be at home, not going into space"

That's a great line, though.

Poor Laika :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Why did Stormare put Buscemi into the wood chipper in Fargo? He should have just high tailed it. Also Buscemi should I have just paid the dude for the car and that's it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My friends and I have had a running gag for years about Air Bud 8: Beagle Guardian where the entire premise is "Well there's no law saying a dog CAN'T be a legal guardian!" I forget how the kids are orphaned tho

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
My favorite dog movie as a kid (I cried so many times watching it) was Napoleon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_(1995_film)

I can't remember what's the story was besides being about a talking do lost in Australia, with talking lizards and birds.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Kurtofan posted:

Why did Stormare put Buscemi into the wood chipper in Fargo? He should have just high tailed it. Also Buscemi should I have just paid the dude for the car and that's it.

When I was a freshman in college my roommate came home drunk every night the first semester, stoned the second, and woke me up microwaving his ramen and tripping all over his poo poo on the floor. He learned how to buzz pennies by snapping your fingers and he chipped my (the last I ever had) CRT monitor by pinging one over my shoulder trying to buzz my ear as close as possible. He denied as long as I knew him that his penny did that chip and that he owed me even so much as an apology. His friends stole my wallet and then he found out and got them to return it and asked me every day if I found my wallet yet and kept moving the hiding place to more obvious places until I found it. He didn't wash his clothes, he febreezed them. He never took out the trash. Not once. It was just down the hallway. He would stack trash up as high as the trash was deep but he would literally never, never, never take out the trash.

The last day, moving out, I flipped out on him. Not about any of the other poo poo like damaged/missing property but about the trash. I threw the most shameful hissy fit of my life demanding he take this one symbolic bag of trash out to the dumpster and he did it making a "whoa, okay buddY" look the whole time.

That is why Buscemi didn't pay him for the car. He was at the end of his rope dealing with a lovely roommate and chose the worst possible moment to draw a line in the sand.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I feel stupid for not realizing that before, but it all makes sense with all the poo poo pulled by Stormare.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Krinkle posted:

When I was a freshman in college my roommate came home drunk every night the first semester, stoned the second, and woke me up microwaving his ramen and tripping all over his poo poo on the floor. He learned how to buzz pennies by snapping your fingers and he chipped my (the last I ever had) CRT monitor by pinging one over my shoulder trying to buzz my ear as close as possible. He denied as long as I knew him that his penny did that chip and that he owed me even so much as an apology. His friends stole my wallet and then he found out and got them to return it and asked me every day if I found my wallet yet and kept moving the hiding place to more obvious places until I found it. He didn't wash his clothes, he febreezed them. He never took out the trash. Not once. It was just down the hallway. He would stack trash up as high as the trash was deep but he would literally never, never, never take out the trash.

The last day, moving out, I flipped out on him. Not about any of the other poo poo like damaged/missing property but about the trash. I threw the most shameful hissy fit of my life demanding he take this one symbolic bag of trash out to the dumpster and he did it making a "whoa, okay buddY" look the whole time.

That is why Buscemi didn't pay him for the car. He was at the end of his rope dealing with a lovely roommate and chose the worst possible moment to draw a line in the sand.

You're a good writer, I painted a disgusting image of your roomie in my head.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

My friends and I have had a running gag for years about Air Bud 8: Beagle Guardian where the entire premise is "Well there's no law saying a dog CAN'T be a legal guardian!" I forget how the kids are orphaned tho

There has to be a law about that.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dr_Amazing posted:

There has to be a law about that.

I dunno, until the whole Mr. Hands thing Washington didn't have any bestiality laws soooooo

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Non Serviam posted:

I don't know if you're joking or if you're autistic. :(

Well, i'm pretty sure if/when they release a buddies movie involving time travel it just might turn me autistic.

And I mean, to be fair, they really ARE bad owners, but I am repeatedly watching movies designed for 5 year olds where "making sense" takes a back seat to "talking baby animals", hence why it is irrationally irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006

Murphy Brownback posted:

Well, i'm pretty sure if/when they release a buddies movie involving time travel it just might turn me autistic.

Hot Tub Time Machine?