Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Why is Yuya's hair a slightly different colour?

That's just from the saturation in the dub's screenshots being slightly off overall.

e: Now that I think about it, wouldn't it have been easier to erase the mustache completely instead of replacing it with a caterpillar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Why is Yuya's hair a slightly different colour?

Anime version of white/gold vs blue/black incoming

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Apparently when they show Yuya's win/loss record in the second episode, it shows that he has a win against Darren Dunstan. :allears:

Looking at the credits, it looks like Mike Pollock has a role in the first episode. Here's hoping it's not just as background noise. :toot: If he's playing an actual character, it'll probably be either Nico Smiley or Ishijima.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Nico, that's a Pollock character if I've ever seen one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That'd actually make up for the loss of the hitler stache.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

That new stache is amazing.

SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it have been easier to erase the mustache completely instead of replacing it with a caterpillar

Not really. Removing the stache would require more precision, since they don't want to edit over the nose. It's easier and will take less time to just paint over the frames with black and call it a day.

And a Nico Smiley with no moustache is no Nico Smiley.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Arc-V confirmed for worst dub ever.

Y-Yeah I can't complain about this one. This is a "Australian Pepper Pig" scenario if I ever saw one.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That'd actually make up for the loss of the hitler stache.

RIP Duel Hitler.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

RIP Duel Hitler.

The story arc for season 3 is going to be the realization that there are a number of Nico Smiley clones in various corners of the four universes with several of them designing new dueling technology in a lab with the aid of their holographic wedding-dress clad waifus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'This is a universe where synchro fusion has been fully realized!

Also the nazis won world war 2."

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Endorph posted:

'This is a universe where synchro fusion has been fully realized!

Also the nazis won world war 2."

They use Noden and Synchro Fusionest there!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Gotta be honest, getting kind of sick of this Society of Light crap. Chazz was actually kind of cool before and now he's just a complete tool. Alexis actually had some sort of agency during the end of the last arc (She got like four duels in five episodes or something) but now she's back to being on the side, and every single episode is "the Slifer dorm has to duel or they lose it". Is this going to go anywhere soon? I'm on ep 74 right now, where Jaden's dueling a princess or something.

edit: Also it doesn't really feel like Syrus deserved to be promoted. He got all of two wins before they put him in Ra. I get that he's the growth character, but eeeeh...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Society of Light is not a great arc, no. There's a diagram somewhere about what episodes you can skip, I'll see if I can find it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Momomo posted:

Gotta be honest, getting kind of sick of this Society of Light crap. Chazz was actually kind of cool before and now he's just a complete tool. Alexis actually had some sort of agency during the end of the last arc (She got like four duels in five episodes or something) but now she's back to being on the side, and every single episode is "the Slifer dorm has to duel or they lose it". Is this going to go anywhere soon? I'm on ep 74 right now, where Jaden's dueling a princess or something.

edit: Also it doesn't really feel like Syrus deserved to be promoted. He got all of two wins before they put him in Ra. I get that he's the growth character, but eeeeh...

Oh you better get used to Alexis having no agency of any kind, this is Yu-Gi-Oh! animes where the skills are made up and the women don't matter. (though Arc-V might finally remedy this)

Can't say I managed to stomach the whole arc, so idk what happens in between "White Dorm gets into the island" and "Jaden and SpiritDinosaur-Kenzan fight a brainwash satellite in space while there's a tournament nobody cares for back on earth"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I watched the whole arc and don't really remember it other than Chazz suddenly being characterized as a disgusting slob. None of the duels were any good either.

Also it's kinda hard to mourn Alexis' place in the story when her archetype sucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

her archetype doesnt exist

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

drat, you're right. Now I feel sorry for her.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Doble Passe is great, though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love Doble Passe. It chains well with Waboku. Especially against Honest.
"Honest!"
"Okay, I chain Doble Pass to it. Your attack gain fizzles as your attack is now a direct attack. Also you take a lot of damage."/"I attack." "I chain Doble Pass, then Waboku. I take no damage, and you take a lot."

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So now I'm officially half done with GX. I enjoyed the first season a lot more than this one tbh, it had a lot more charm with the way Jaden interacted with the other characters, but now it's like he doesn't even matter. I really hate it when the rival characters and villains act like the protagonist is worthless, when they haven't actually beaten him a single time, ever. Technically Aster did beat Jaden, but scene after scene of Chazz and Alexis in the background talking about how lame Jaden is gets annoying. Bastian is also a black hole of a character now, suddenly he's supposed to be a mediocre duelist?

I read most of the stuff about this in the op (I've forgotten a chunk of what it said about the plot, but I remember the whole idea of it going downhill) but it's a shame to see it in action.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Do yourself a favor, jump to subs for season 3. It's way better.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What? No way, the dub tries to make its own Abridged series with the boring half of season 3 before stuff gets super dumb.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, half the fun is the silly things they slip in. I don't want to watch a show where The Chazz doesn't randomly yell out "Beetron 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO! Uh, what I meant was "Beetle Turbo."

Switching gears for a bit, how do you counter something like having two of these http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Talaya%2C_Princess_of_Cherry_Blossoms and two of these hhttp://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chirubim%E9,_Princess_of_Autumn_Leaves on the field? I realize getting them all out at once can be hard, but it looks like you'd be invincible from everything if you did. Is there something you can do to get out of this, though?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Talaya says 'can't be destroyed,' not 'can't be targeted.' So, for instance, Brain Control or Enemy Controller would break that lock. Also, they can't be destroyed by battle, but you still take battle damage as normal. You could simply summon a monster that's too big for them to deal with.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A monster with high enough ATK. I dont see any destruction by battle negation, only effect destroy negation.

Then a breakthrough skill/effect negate on one of the Autumn princess. Those are two things probably in any deck worth its salt.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

A monster with high enough ATK. I dont see any destruction by battle negation, only effect destroy negation.

Then a breakthrough skill/effect negate on one of the Autumn princess. Those are two things probably in any deck worth its salt.

Wouldn't one of the Autumn Princess protect the other, meaning you can't actually attack either one? Having a card on the field they can't deal with is something I thought of, and I'm not entirely sure what to do about that, but I figure there are other cards than can deal with them. I didn't think of them being targeted by spells and traps though, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Momomo posted:

Wouldn't one of the Autumn Princess protect the other, meaning you can't actually attack either one? Having a card on the field they can't deal with is something I thought of, and I'm not entirely sure what to do about that, but I figure there are other cards than can deal with them. I didn't think of them being targeted by spells and traps though, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Not when one of their effects is negated.
Breakthrough skill on one autumn princess, the double 'no-target but this one' goes away and then you can target the non negated Autumn princess.

Never mind playing against a Qli player since if they get an ApoQli monster out that combo is just gone.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
As already mentioned, Talaya is only inmune to destruction effects so she can be dealt with easily with cards like 101, Castel, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Karma Cut (among others) or any monster with a high attack.

The same cards can also tace care of Chirubime, but if you are just being held up by her protecting from battle other monsters. A mere Book of Moon can get the work done.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lava Golem. :unsmigghh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lava golem is the cause, and solution, to all of life's problems

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Lava Golem and Stormforth are my two favorite cards.

":smuggo: Oh I have my Melodious out so you can't destroy my monster by battle or card effects, and you also can't target my monster with Card Effects."

":colbert: I activate The Monarchs Stormforth, and tribute your Sonata to summon U.A. Perfect Ace."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
http://ygorganization.com/ocg4115list/ New banlist for OCG.
http://ygorganization.com/vj-april-2015-v-jump-promo-news/ Errata of a very special card.
http://ygorganization.com/vj-core-jp-news-from-may-2015-vj/ CORE news.

Eennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnjoy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

quote:

Newly Forbidden:

Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
El Shaddoll Construct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

quote:

[/url]
Black Metal Dragon
Level 1 DARK Effect Monster
ATK 600
DEF 600
(1) You can target 1 “Red-Eyes” monster you control; equip this card from your hand or side of the field to that target. It gains 600 ATK.
(2) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 “Red-Eyes” cad from your Deck to your hand.

This thing needed to be a tuner but oh well.

quote:

Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
Rank 7 DARK Dragon-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 2400
2 Level 7 monsters
(1) This card with Xyz Materials cannot be destroyed by card effects.
(2) While this card has Xyz Materials, inflict 500 damage to your opponent each time your opponent activates a card or effect.
(3) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 “Red-Eyes” Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

Oh hell yes! Now this is a good boss monster.

quote:

Toon Cyber Dragon
Level 5 LIGHT Machine-Type Effect Toon Monster
ATK 2100
DEF 1600
(1) If the opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). This card cannot attack during the turn in which it is Summoned. If you control “Toon World” and the opponent does not control any Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly.

...what the gently caress? Why now? :psyduck:

VVVVVV: Hahaha, loving Konami.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 16, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:lol: holy gently caress

http://ygorganization.com/vj-duelist-of-destiny-cards/

HERMOS TIME

Xoidanor posted:

YURI USES TOONS.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why the gently caress is the Blue-Eyes not getting this support?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
holy poo poo, those Red Eyes cards

Holy poo poo, Hermos

HOLY poo poo TOON SUPPORT

Just uh, tell me that Hermos and the toon support aren't those promo magazine bullshit and we will got them soon.

Also, that banlist is pretty nice. Hope the TCG one isn't utter bullshit again.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Xoidanor posted:

wait are toons getting new support? I always did like toons back when I was a little kid and watched Pegasus kick rear end with them, maybe ill make a toon world deck for old times sake.
Edit: holy crap that's a lot of red eyes. :stare:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In this day and age will I finally be able to make a competitive Red Eyes deck? Unlike in my youth when it sucked rear end. That's amazing.

Also Toons. What the gently caress. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Waifu posted:

Why the gently caress is the Blue-Eyes not getting this support?

It kinda already did? Maiden with Eyes of Blue and Azure-Eyes are still pretty good.