Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxeWCCKDt6w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hahah holy poo poo Carolla ranting against Net Neutrality. You stupid ignorant gently caress up your entire podcasting business is reliant on that being true but nope gotta rail against the Government cause you don't know any better mr boo hoo taxes.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

LethalGeek posted:

Hahah holy poo poo Carolla ranting against Net Neutrality. You stupid ignorant gently caress up your entire podcasting business is reliant on that being true but nope gotta rail against the Government cause you don't know any better mr boo hoo taxes.

Yeah, Carolla would be on the side of patent trolls if he wasn't sued himself.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Haha yeah the government doing something good is usually going to be in his blind spot. What did he say "net neutrality" was? Did he use the "obamacare for the internet" thing?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

He just prattled on about the government being like the mafia and wanting their cut he obviously had no idea what the hell he was talking about

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Meatwave posted:

Yeah, Carolla would be on the side of patent trolls if he wasn't sued himself.

He said quite a few times that he didn't blame them for trying to game the system.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ace is a loving child. I legitimately am starting to wish something bad would happen to him like what happened to Anthony Cumia. Maybe Lynette will finally leave him.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Ace is a loving child. I legitimately am starting to wish something bad would happen to him like what happened to Anthony Cumia. Maybe Lynette will finally leave him.

Jesus, man. Maybe you should take a break from listening to the show for a while.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

Why do you listen to the show? Why do you post here?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

It's just a podcast.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't, I used to listen to Adam and still check in for various guests that aren't terrible (Jimmy Dore was the last, I think). It doesn't change that Adam is a terrible person who says and believes in things like the innate inferiority of the poor.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I just fast forward when he's saying dumb poo poo until we get back to the rotten tomatoes game

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The Live show with Artie and Dave was really good, mostly because Gina isnt there.

Hopefully todays live show with Artie and Howie will be as good.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Does Road Hard come out today? I'm waiting to get my DVD to watch it.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah it comes out today.
http://www.roadhardmovie.com/
Hoping for another The Hammer.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm going to rent it this weekend. Looks decent and the cast is great.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if the movie continues its current trend on rotten tomatoes, look out for a new* rant to appear every single time they play the rotten tomatoes game

* - j/k it'll just be the same rant about people not liking his prior work and judging his new work based on that (hilariously some of the reviews mention that in spite of his prior work, this is good)

Tweak fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 6, 2015

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

It was pretty close to The Hammer. Very by-the-book 90s romantic comedy style.

It's a good achievement of filmmaking though. Impressive direction from Adam. I think it will review well. It's charming and aside from some boobs it's pretty inoffensive. I'd hardly say ACS fans are even the target audience.

At worst I would describe it as maybe too tame. They should have had a little more of the female lead and less Adam. He had trouble carrying scenes by himself.

Rented it for $4 on Google play.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Jean Eric Burn posted:

It was pretty close to The Hammer. Very by-the-book 90s romantic comedy style.

It's a good achievement of filmmaking though. Impressive direction from Adam. I think it will review well. It's charming and aside from some boobs it's pretty inoffensive. I'd hardly say ACS fans are even the target audience.

At worst I would describe it as maybe too tame. They should have had a little more of the female lead and less Adam. He had trouble carrying scenes by himself.

Rented it for $4 on Google play.
Nice, and yeah I was going to say that Adam as lead was "the problem" with The Hammer. He's just bad on film even before the acting factor kicks in.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He's sort of right though if you read through the negative reviews. Reviewers tend to base it on whether they like the person involved and whether it's a popular opinion or not.

I remember the negative reviews for Louie when it came out and then when it gained a cult following suddenly the reviews were all glowing and Louie CK could do no wrong.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He also should have picked someone else for the lead. Like Jay Mohr would have been great in that spot.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

He should have released it as 'Directed by Jewels Dash'.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
I can't tell if Adam is a bad actor or if it's just that listening to the podcast for years makes it like seeing a friend of yours acting in a film. It's very difficult to suspend disbelief and believe in the legitimacy of a character when you know the guy personally.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Look, if it doesn't bother you I don't want to convince you to be bothered by it. But he's awkward and mugs and seems sort of apart from the proceedings. It's not a dealbreaker (he reminds me of Seinfeld and obv. that deal was not broken) but it's pretty clearly not his thing.

To give him credit that quick sideways concerned look he gave the referee like "are you going to stop this fight?" in The Hammer was really good. And to take away credit: pretty much every other "look" he did :)

edit: watched the movie last night, I think The Hammer was a little better mostly because it was better constructed (this one is a little all over the road) but this had some really funny scenes and I still recommend it. It kind of reminded me (but was def. better than) I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 7, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Meatwave posted:

I can't tell if Adam is a bad actor or if it's just that listening to the podcast for years makes it like seeing a friend of yours acting in a film. It's very difficult to suspend disbelief and believe in the legitimacy of a character when you know the guy personally.

I feel the same way. It really didn't help that many of the jokes are straight from the podcast. I'll be interested to see how it does on RT with non listeners.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Listened to hear Trevor Moore today, great episode. The Gina Grad news song is bad.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
loving RZA, on Take a Knee. This guy is racist as gently caress against black people. Talk about "Uncle Tom!". He has NO IDEA what it's like to be black in America.

This is the episode that made me quite this show forever.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

loving RZA, on Take a Knee. This guy is racist as gently caress against black people. Talk about "Uncle Tom!". He has NO IDEA what it's like to be black in America.

lol RZA has no idea what it's like to be black in America?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
GuyDudeBroMan is being sarcastic because he thinks a black guy associating with Adam proves Adam isn't racist at all.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

It's best not to respond to the trolls.

Nothing you say can change their mind. You have to understand the extreme narcissism of the modern day white male SJW. They are LYING when they say they are "upset" that you can't play as a girl. They are trying to fish for "mysoginy" and manufacture controversy wherever possible. If playing as a girl was an option, these same posters would find some other way to bitch about the game. "What? Why only two options for gender?? Why can't I select my own pronouns?". This is a NON-Issue, and they know it is a non-issue and in reality they don't give a gently caress, they are just pretending they care. It's white male SJW narcissism at it's worst.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'll take "giant chips on people's shoulders unrelated to what was being discussed" for 400, Alex.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Beeez posted:

GuyDudeBroMan is being sarcastic because he thinks a black guy associating with Adam proves Adam isn't racist at all.

No, Adam is racist because he treats black people the same way he treats white people. Adam doesnt understand that as Cis White Men, it is our burden to uplift the lesser privileged races. Treating black people like you treat white people is no different than treating mentally handicapped children as if they were the same as non-disabled children and demanding the same results from them. This is the main reason why Adam is racist and posters like Beez and myself are not.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

No, Adam is racist because he treats black people the same way he treats white people. Adam doesnt understand that as Cis White Men, it is our burden to uplift the lesser privileged races. Treating black people like you treat white people is no different than treating mentally handicapped children as if they were the same as non-disabled children and demanding the same results from them. This is the main reason why Adam is racist and posters like Beez and myself are not.

lol, you gave away how stupid you are

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Only seen the show on reruns. Many, many, many, reruns over the years.

Just caught a live episode for the first time ever. Consensus?

:HOLY gently caress, Penny dropped her hotness meter by A SHITLOAD. She is not even hot anymore! (guys saying this)

"Whoa! What the hell? That is quite a change. Um........ (Girls saying this)

End score after many girl on guy collaborations: Penny dropped her "hottness" score by AT LEAST 22 points by loving with her hair like that. She is now 22% less attractive. That is the score she got for loving with her hair from both guys and girls in my group.

Personally? I think its way worse. I think she dropped her hotness level by at least 50%, not 25

Beeez posted:

I'll take "giant chips on people's shoulders unrelated to what was being discussed" for 400, Alex.
:eng99:

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

See, you're transposing your issues with a bunch of other crap onto this topic when it's not relevant. I said nothing about "white cis men" or uplifting less privileged races, as a matter of fact no one in this thread except you and that WEH guy did. The fact that people go overboard with calling everything sexist or racist doesn't mean nothing is sexist or racist, and whether Adam's specifically racist or not he is an ignorant tool with a serious contempt for poor people. The fact that you can't let it go that anyone would think that and immediately assume every time racism comes up is a "SJW plot" just shows you're equally as sensitive as the people you think you're mocking.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
confirmed, carolla fans are rapists

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

WEH posted:

Only seen the show on reruns. Many, many, many, reruns over the years.

Just caught a live episode for the first time ever. Consensus?

:HOLY gently caress, Penny dropped her hotness meter by A SHITLOAD. She is not even hot anymore! (guys saying this)

"Whoa! What the hell? That is quite a change. Um........ (Girls saying this)

End score after many girl on guy collaborations: Penny dropped her "hottness" score by AT LEAST 22 points by loving with her hair like that. She is now 22% less attractive. That is the score she got for loving with her hair from both guys and girls in my group.

Personally? I think its way worse. I think she dropped her hotness level by at least 50%, not 25

:eng99:

LOL!

Soooooooo loving angry at my post he jumps to the post history to find "evidence of wrongthink". Classic goon. Never change goons, never change :allears:

So anyways....
I also didn't know that Adam defended Zimmerman, which is an immediate, 100%, no argument, no qualification, no possibly justification stamp of racism. Not just racism, but of outright MURDER ALL BLACKS. If I believed for a second that there was even the tiniest shred of this being one of the many obvious stances Adam's taken in order to pander to the conservatives in America in order to get more money (because nothing else matters to him, we all know that at this point), I'd be slightly more forgiving. But holy poo poo. Just so disgusted by him. And one of the funniest things about the earlier comments about how bad the sponsors Adam shills for? He has complete control over who he accepts money from. This isn't like his radio show, where he's contractually obligated to do spots for whatever the station execs have sorted out-- he's in the captain's chair! He chose to dive down a well of poo poo after a nickle. Also, check out the comments in that video if you wanna see what Adam's pandering to. Outright racism all over, not even ATTEMPTS at concealing it somewhat. Just flat out 'I wish all black people were lined up in front of me so that I could execute them en masse for White America!' poo poo.

GuyDudeBroMan fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 14, 2015

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I think something is going to give in Adam's life soon. I listen to his wife's podcast, For Crying Out Loud, and in the most recent episode she talked a lot about how bogged under work he is and it's effect on him and her and their family. She said he came home from New York and almost cried, saying stuff like "I have no quality of life. All I do is work and I hate it..." Lynette just had pretty major surgery about three weeks ago and he hasn't asked her at all how she's doing, how she's feeling, how she's healing, etc. She tried to talk to him once about it but he interrupted her to complain that there were no coffee grounds in the coffee maker the night before.

My guess is he's going to have a heart attack from all the stress or Lynette is going to leave him and he'll work himself to death.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dear Prudence posted:

I think something is going to give in Adam's life soon. I listen to his wife's podcast, For Crying Out Loud, and in the most recent episode she talked a lot about how bogged under work he is and it's effect on him and her and their family. She said he came home from New York and almost cried, saying stuff like "I have no quality of life. All I do is work and I hate it..." Lynette just had pretty major surgery about three weeks ago and he hasn't asked her at all how she's doing, how she's feeling, how she's healing, etc. She tried to talk to him once about it but he interrupted her to complain that there were no coffee grounds in the coffee maker the night before.

My guess is he's going to have a heart attack from all the stress or Lynette is going to leave him and he'll work himself to death.

That's pretty loving sad. Though I could see Adam as seeing Lynette's """"""""""""problem""""""""""" of having little personal life because all she does is work as a privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dear Prudence posted:

She aint going anywhere, Adam is where all her money comes from. All she does is raise their kids with the help of a nanny (real tough Im sure)and she doesnt have a job. WTF does she have to complain about. They would probably stay together just for the kids sake anyways.