Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Medullah posted:

Isn't the artifact authorization only for < 50? I thought i read that you can still equip purples at end game without it

I... don't know? I never thought about it. This would be totally awesome if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

If I make a dude on a different server (All of my guys are on Pot5) will I be able to still get all the bonuses and poo poo?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ramadu posted:

If I make a dude on a different server (All of my guys are on Pot5) will I be able to still get all the bonuses and poo poo?

Only if you transfer a character over, assuming you're talking about legacy bonuses. You can click a referral link for a free transfer.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Not Jerobi posted:

Hotlanta Man, I used your link FYI. I'll post back here when I decide which character to transfer, I have a full roster hanging on PoT5

appreciated. Just whisper a goon. We have enough on where there's usually someone always on with invite privs.

Not Jerobi
Apr 19, 2010

Frimmin' on the frim fram.
Frimmin' on the fram.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

appreciated. Just whisper a goon. We have enough on where there's usually someone always on with invite privs.

I transferred my 55 Mara and just decided to get the xpac bundle, seemed an alright deal. At least I picked up the legacy bonuses for some new guys by tranferring. I'll be goon searching over the next few days. Can be found on "Karbs" (mara), "Plastics" (BH), or "Jerobe" (inquis) most likely.

Not Jerobi fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 11, 2015

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
What kind of level 55+ mods/enhancements should I shove on Khem? I mean, he's got that +20% shield chance and all and I see dozens of enhancements and it's kinda an rear end pain because I kinda didn't use him from level 22-53 and forgot what I to do with him.

Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.
If you have the expansion, finish the storyline, do the weekly on Yavin and get the legacy companion gear. And a companion mainland from the other Yavin weekly to kill Revan, and companion offhand from a daily on Rishi.
Not BiS but good enough

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So which tank/dps is most fun these days. If I can only transfer 1 toon, it's either going to be one of my tank sith. I'm leaning towards my Assassin.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

So which tank/dps is most fun these days. If I can only transfer 1 toon, it's either going to be one of my tank sith. I'm leaning towards my Assassin.

You can't go wrong with assassin. It's my favorite tank class by far, and swapping to Hatred makes it a super fun dps class.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

veedubfreak posted:

They're all good. Assassin has stealth, bubbles, the only meaningful sprint in the game, and freaking dualsabers. Juggernaut is probably the lame jane of the bunch, but you have an unstoppable leaping god of war with a lightsaber who will WINS AT YELLING AAAAAAAAGH. Powertech shits fire everywhere (with the occasional missile), and is always on it because he can jump to people AND yank them over to him.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Four Score posted:

They're all good. Assassin has stealth, bubbles, the only meaningful sprint in the game, and freaking dualsabers. Juggernaut is probably the lame jane of the bunch, but you have an unstoppable leaping god of war with a lightsaber who will WINS AT YELLING AAAAAAAAGH. Powertech shits fire everywhere (with the occasional missile), and is always on it because he can jump to people AND yank them over to him.

Juggernaut's rage spec is a lot of fun, at least in solo content. You just aoe smash everything to death, it's very satisfying.

Never tried it in a raid or dungeon, though.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Four Score posted:

They're all good. Assassin has stealth, bubbles, the only meaningful sprint in the game, and freaking dualsabers.

Is the tank version OK for leveling as well?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Juggernaut's rage spec is a lot of fun, at least in solo content. You just aoe smash everything to death, it's very satisfying.

That's the Focus spec for Guardians? I got back on last night and played around with my lvl 24 Jedi. Holy poo poo Focus is good. That force blast skill one-shots a lot of dudes.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Sheikh Djibouti posted:

Is the tank version OK for leveling as well?

Very much, especially when you get (edit) Talos. Plus, flashpoints.

vvv - thanks, got mixed up with Juggernaut talk.

isk fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 12, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Assassins (inquisitors) get Talos. Malavai (ugh) is for Sith Warriors.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Thanks to GSF, I'll be capping out another character this week. 1000 points for each starfighter match. Baddies queuin' up hardcore. Been getting like 25 kills in TDM.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vriess posted:

Thanks to GSF, I'll be capping out another character this week. 1000 points for each starfighter match. Baddies queuin' up hardcore. Been getting like 25 kills in TDM.

For conquest? If anyone actually wants to grind conquest points, post what planet you want to go after and i can always log on and invade it.

chypher
Jun 28, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

Damage Sorcs ( in Madness) are the same way in you just force storm everything.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anyone know if I buy that bundle special they're offering this month, if I can wait to use the 60-day time card that comes with it?

I'm tempted to grab the expansions, but probably won't have time to play for a few weeks or so, and would rather maximize the time I get from the time cards rather than waste a few weeks of it.

EDIT: I can also buy it from Amazon, so I'm thinking that's doable.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

It doesn't happen until nearly the endgame (lvl 57) but Vengeance is now the better AoE spec than Rage thanks to Vengeful Slam.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

It doesn't happen until nearly the endgame (lvl 57) but Vengeance is now the better AoE spec than Rage thanks to Vengeful Slam.

Yeah I haven't played juggernaut since 3.0, I heard they made some changes. Rage was hella fun before though.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I have VIP this week from some email code, anything I should spend my 140k credits on before vip ends? I noticed they nickel and dime you for everything in this game, even unlocking the full UI! And you can't even spend creds on stuff if you're not vip.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

effectual posted:

I have VIP this week from some email code, anything I should spend my 140k credits on before vip ends? I noticed they nickel and dime you for everything in this game, even unlocking the full UI! And you can't even spend creds on stuff if you're not vip.

140k credits is nothing - a preferred player account (which is what you should roll back to, if not, spend $5 in the cash shop or subscribe for a month to get it) has a 350k credit cap. I'd just hold onto it.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Goons...

Here are more upcoming weapons from me to you. http://torcommunity.com/database/update-previews/380-3-1-2-pts-update-2-mined
Do not click if you hate datamine.

Oh and some spinny bits for the star forged set. http://dulfy.net/2015/02/05/swtor-masters-shadow-pack-preview/

Love,

Nonentity

nonentity fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 14, 2015

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
I'm extremely retarded. When I search for goons in the social "who" tab how do I switch the dropdown from "comments" to "guild"? It just sorts by comment if I click it. :argh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I'm extremely retarded. When I search for goons in the social "who" tab how do I switch the dropdown from "comments" to "guild"? It just sorts by comment if I click it. :argh:

There's screen shots in the OP. :D

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I clicked search a second time and it worked :shrug:

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

I'm on my way

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

nonentity posted:

Goons...

Here are more upcoming weapons from me to you. http://torcommunity.com/database/update-previews/380-3-1-2-pts-update-2-mined

Oh and some spinny bits for the star forged set. http://dulfy.net/2015/02/05/swtor-masters-shadow-pack-preview/

Love,

Nonentity

RH-35 Starforged Assault Cannon

Resubbing right now. This is the one piece of pretty princess gear I have wanted since day 1. Praise the Sun.
Now to be super sad to find out it's the rarest weapon of them all and I get a shitload of dual sabres from a hypercrate.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Medullah posted:

140k credits is nothing - a preferred player account (which is what you should roll back to, if not, spend $5 in the cash shop or subscribe for a month to get it) has a 350k credit cap. I'd just hold onto it.

I meant like legacy or whatever stuff that I can pay credits for. Up to 200k from selling all my old crap from the bank. If nothing else, I'll buy another row of bagspace for 100k. The 6% xp buffs don't seem worth it.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

Goons...

Love,

Nonentity

poo poo, when are we getting that bitchin' rear end blue speeder with the saddle bags?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A jetpack mount? Interesting. Very interesting.

I would also love to see "angry dance" in motion

old chubbyknees
Jul 10, 2006
Who bez?
Decided to try this out again with the 7-day referral pass. I'm looking to join the guild as Guyshooter

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
That jetpack mount is going to cost millions. Holy poo poo.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Chickenwalker posted:

poo poo, when are we getting that bitchin' rear end blue speeder with the saddle bags?

Not sure when they said it will drop, but I sure had fun building it.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

Not sure when they said it will drop, but I sure had fun building it.

Right on, it looks awesome man. Good work.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
This game is pretty fun! I checked it out a long time ago but just came back. Leveling up my first dude. Imperial Agent is an interesting storyline. Suppressive FIre is awesome.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

denimgorilla posted:

Suppressive FIre is awesome.

If you're wondering if using it ever gets old... the answer is no, it's always awesome.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

The best part about suppressive fire is using it in low-level FPs while you're massively over leveling them. When strongholds first came out, many of us would run lowbie FPs solo over and over (and over) to get the decoration drops. While you could just walk past most of the mobs, it somehow never got old to just mow them down.

Same thing with lightning storm as a sorc and the simple joy of leaping into a group and using smash as a Jugg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Even in outdoor areas where I would normally just skip a group of dudes I think "why not?" and go full-auto on them.

• Locked thread