Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I see they still haven't fixed this particular bug. :nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
So yeah, we have a sort of League going right now. Contact 7th Wrath or Spine Cho on the Hero Side for an introduction. We finally have a mumble channel in camping the stairs, so come in and get the rundown.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
every time I've messaged you before you're either AFK or too busy.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Oh sorry man, add me on steam then we can Coordinate SexualPostMaster I have never gotten any sort of message from you at all.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

it's fine. I'm gonna play neverwinter instead.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
We got a new clan going.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Okay, so, I used to play this on steam 3 years ago, with a few alts, one at 30, and the light dlc. I tried to play the game on steam recently, and I got a "cannot connect to login server" error.

Okay, so I download the stand alone client, log in, and all my characters are gone, and my account has no dlc.

Is it attached to steam? The steam client is redownloading (all 12 gigs) so we'll see.

E: nm, soe support fixed it

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 8, 2014

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Hey guys, I just jumped back in on my fresh-ish 30 HL Troller. Did they change how the HL Power Combos work now? Before I know they didn't trigger the role bonuses like stun and stuff but I've been noticing they debuff my targets when I combo.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Got a PS4 so I'm jumping in on this again. Wish I could port my ~70 cr ice tank from PC but I'm sure gearing up is just as easy now as it was back then.

If anyone wants to play some legends or level or whatever, hit me up, psn is Clizzby

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
This game definitely has exploration going for it at the very least. Been hunting down investigations and briefings between doing Solos and Duos the past couple days.

To answer my own question, no comboing Hard Light Powers does not give the debuffs for anything but the combo starter. With that and my desire to be in controller mode 24/7 it seems the best way to do things is still stun, apply buffs, pop Energy.

I'm really enjoying things though. The community has its share of dicks but I've also found some really nice people in there. Joined a league with one and it seems pretty nice so far.

If you're looking to come back don't expect a lot of organized activity but do expect the game to be some good fun.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

zeldadude posted:

Got a PS4 so I'm jumping in on this again. Wish I could port my ~70 cr ice tank from PC but I'm sure gearing up is just as easy now as it was back then.

If anyone wants to play some legends or level or whatever, hit me up, psn is Clizzby

I would totally play on PS4 if they let you activate your SOE account on PSN and retain all my membership bonuses, but nope. :argh:

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
Has there been any details of when the new power sets are going to come out ?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

raocow posted:

Has there been any details of when the new power sets are going to come out ?

"Not in this next expansion" is all we know for now.

Also they came SO CLOSE to giving me what I wanted and then yanked it away.

quote:

And we’re doing something else very interesting – Males and Females from both factions will have their own unique styles to collect. Females will be able to collect the Star Sapphire-inspired gear, and males will be able to earn and wear new gear inspired by the fearsome Manhunters, the original galactic peacekeepers created by the Guardians of the Universe.

WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO DRESS UP LIKE A MANHUNTER, GIVE ME PINK SPANDEX FOR BILLY JEANS

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Just trying this out on PS4 as it is being promoted on PSN+ until next week. I finished the tutorial and went to do the first mission in metropolis and it told me it has to download content and will take over 5 hours. Is this normal?

Also is the op still up to date?

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Dravs posted:

Just trying this out on PS4 as it is being promoted on PSN+ until next week. I finished the tutorial and went to do the first mission in metropolis and it told me it has to download content and will take over 5 hours. Is this normal?

Also is the op still up to date?

yep, poo poo takes loving forever. Better leave it running overnight.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I played this game at launch and I want to scratch my F2P MMO itch, it's also I think the only MMO I've seen through to end game content. Is this game still any good? Are there any goons on euro side?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 16, 2014

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I played this game at launch and I want to scratch my F2P MMO itch, it's also I think the only MMO I've seen through to end game content. Is this game still any good? Are there any goons on euro side?

Was just wondering this, but for the US side. There's a lot of new content and you get it all with a sub. Just wish I could be a Star Sapphire though

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Sometimes I want to play this, but then I rmember that I would have to pick 2 characters to mothball after sitting through another 20gb download and I just can't do it

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

AlmightyBob posted:

Was just wondering this, but for the US side. There's a lot of new content and you get it all with a sub. Just wish I could be a Star Sapphire though

Guess that answers that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
This is probably going to be weird for the future of this game.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

This is probably going to be weird for the future of this game.

No word of any lay offs or major restructuring yet. It would be weird to see this on the Xbone though.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I literally just started playing it yesterday for the hell of it and now I'm gonna hold off on a sub until we know what's going to happen, if anything.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

nothing really is going to happen.

lately I've been playing earth tank under the name Morgan Val.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
So do we still have a PS3/PS4 league? I'd like to join it now that I have a subscription.

Also: do we have any writeups for the Rage powerset yet? I haven't been through the entire thread but didn't see it in the OP.

EDIT: If I can't find an SA group, I'm happy to make one that I'll merge with a group I had already had ideas of making. Group names (hero and villain side) will follow in the next couple of days.

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 27, 2015

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
PS4 League is up!

Hero League: The Outcaste (lovely name, I know, but this was created on nothing but nicotine and sleep deprivation).

Message PSN tag TempusRimeblood for a League invite!

Currently we have a whole 2 members, and are still sub-30, but it's gonna happen! Endgame content will be a thing, as long as we have enough people to run it!

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Any PC-side goon presence on this game? How do I even group with goons? I joined the Goonlimited channel but nobody ever says anything.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

PS4 League is up!

Hero League: The Outcaste (lovely name, I know, but this was created on nothing but nicotine and sleep deprivation).

Message PSN tag TempusRimeblood for a League invite!

Currently we have a whole 2 members, and are still sub-30, but it's gonna happen! Endgame content will be a thing, as long as we have enough people to run it!

I'll message you for an invite later on tonight probably, as long as you can join leagues without being a subscriber! Playing with goons is a great incentive to get back into the game. Not looking forward to the SP grind again though, getting up to like 90 was a pain in the rear end last time. Maybe they made it easier? :/

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I take it that the goon presence on the PC is pretty dead?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Deakul posted:

I take it that the goon presence on the PC is pretty dead?

Looks like. I'll probably come back and level a villain in a while. It surprised me when I hit the level cap so quickly.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TheTarrasque posted:

Looks like. I'll probably come back and level a villain in a while. It surprised me when I hit the level cap so quickly.

Most of the game happens well after the level cap.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Well that's a little ominous. (This is on Steam, if it wasn't immediately obvious.)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Well that's a little ominous. (This is on Steam, if it wasn't immediately obvious.)

Nah, it's related to a change they made to how stuff's sold. The full forum thread is here but the TL,DR is that packs are no longer a thing and their individual components are sold a la carte at cheaper prices (overall). There's also bundles that group like-things together, like a bundle for all of the first six powers, a bundle for all of the ancillary stuff like utility belts and lairs, etc.

Membership is obviously unchanged and you have unlimited access to everything while subbed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Ah. I guess this means I'll have to actually log into the game to buy discounted DLC around sale time, then. For some dumb reason I keep picking up the packs I'm missing every Steam sale even though I haven't had time to play in about a year now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, it is a bummer as far as Steam sales go, but half the time they'd only put a handful on sale and meanwhile the official SOE store would have lots more on sale, so meh.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Kyrosiris posted:

Nah, it's related to a change they made to how stuff's sold. The full forum thread is here but the TL,DR is that packs are no longer a thing and their individual components are sold a la carte at cheaper prices (overall). There's also bundles that group like-things together, like a bundle for all of the first six powers, a bundle for all of the ancillary stuff like utility belts and lairs, etc.

Membership is obviously unchanged and you have unlimited access to everything while subbed.

This is pretty awesome, considering all I really want are the powers. Maybe some of the new zones and instances would be good to get too. As long as farming those sub avatar things is still the best way to get your CR up.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I'm amazed that this thread has 40 pages, but I haven't seen a single goon online on USPC in the time it's taken me to level two characters. It's so lonely in 'Goonlimited.' :(

Seriously, though, this is a decent game, why is there no goon guild?

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

TheTarrasque posted:

I'm amazed that this thread has 40 pages, but I haven't seen a single goon online on USPC in the time it's taken me to level two characters. It's so lonely in 'Goonlimited.' :(

Seriously, though, this is a decent game, why is there no goon guild?

Goonlimited was active about a year and a half ago, but my computer exploded and when I got back, the guys moved on.
I found a guild and stuck with it for a few months, getting involved before the last guild started up. simply didn't feel like trying.
frequently I quit the game and play something else for a couple months, come back to this one and play some more. usually lines up with renewed interest in a certain twitch streamer.

Basically, I'm just not all that into this game and I don't know/hang out with that many goons either. the Neverwinter guild was also more active when I played that.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The goon presence in DCUO has historically been very poor, you're better off joining a real guild.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tried to get into it the game and I just couldn't.

The combat is just so... unsatisfying? dull? I don't know but I certainly never once felt like a super hero.

And the world design is really really bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

My problem is that I fell behind in gearing up so I cannot play any of the new content. Apparently things were cleaned up somewhat but there is still no "gear catch-up" like you would see in WoW. Hunting for collectables also got really old. I do like the flight travel power and had it on all of my characters.

• Locked thread