Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
halwain
May 31, 2011

Zwingley posted:

:catstare:

So what do we take away from this tournament at this point?

Dont pick corcky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I realize it's part of the joke but I wish the Mao image had the same production values as the qtpie quote.

Also this is looking pretty good for :china:, though admittedly TSM are looking a lot better than I expected. Props to Regi and Locodoco.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Props to WE, Jesus Christ. They could actually win this whole thing

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

babydonthurtme posted:

Props to WE, Jesus Christ. They could actually win this whole thing

Spirit just called out lustboy

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Time for TSM to win their first international competition.

I'm ready for this new, pro-wrestling era of League of Legends.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Inven is going to be hysterical around now. Twitch.tv has died for me too

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012

hahahaha! Holy poo poo though. GE just crumbled and WE smashed them. Good for them, I hope this is the start of a good WE run in LPL.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Spirit just called out lustboy
:allears:

Edit: and my god, I can't wait to watch LPL after this. Should be fun to see WE rise with this new roster

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flipswitch posted:

Inven is going to be hysterical around now. Twitch.tv has died for me too

They wanted CJ to swim back to Korea.

What will they want from GE after they trolled champ select for game 2?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
I love Chobra's enthusiasm. He's so loving excited for every underdog win. He really makes it seem epic.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Congrats to the upcoming undisputed literal best team in the world, Team Solo Mid

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Well C9 is probably gonna see some roster swaps... WE is gonna get use this roster for the rest of the year, TSM is dominant and will be special that the midseason invitational, and Worlds are gonna be nuts.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Inven went nuts about tsm v cj so they are going to go loving apeshit now

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Allyn posted:

That felt like the Samsung Blue of early last season, where it didn't matter how far behind they were or if they were getting outplayed -- come the midgame, they were turning it round regardless

lol @ me for this

And Spirit starting some Lustboy beef :D

Jayisspecial posted:

I love Chobra's enthusiasm. He's so loving excited for every underdog win. He really makes it seem epic.

Agreed on this, dude's a great hypeman

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
To be honest, I want to see TSM get dumpstered by World Elite. Give me maximum fanboy tears. :unsmigghh:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

""Lee posted:

I think it will be fun to play against CJ in the finals.

Hypocrisy posted:

Walk back, through North Korea.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lovechop posted:

Inven went nuts about tsm v cj so they are going to go loving apeshit now

Seriously, if anybody in this thread knows korean, take a look and get us some quotes. I can't even imagine what's going down.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hypocrisy posted:

2-0 Taiwan.

I'm calling it here. TSM, WE rematch in the grand finals.

Aside from my blind TSM support, I'm glad that this is my only correct prediction for IEM.

Zwingley posted:

To be honest, I want to see TSM get dumpstered by World Elite. Give me maximum fanboy tears. :unsmigghh:

No shame in losing to season 5 world champions World Elite.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

Well C9 is probably gonna see some roster swaps... WE is gonna get use this roster for the rest of the year, TSM is dominant and will be special that the midseason invitational, and Worlds are gonna be nuts.

C9 Goldenglue

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/LustboyLoL/status/576848786217164800

https://twitter.com/LustboyLoL/status/576849168083353600

Lustboy. :allears:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Zwingley posted:

No, TSM needs to win 3-2 and then they gotta meet again at Worlds. That way WE really does achieve Maximum Rocky.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Redmark posted:

I realize it's part of the joke but I wish the Mao image had the same production values as the qtpie quote.

Look man I don't how that poo poo works. I googled Mao and cropped some text in paint. I'm the IEM of memes.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Mass airport suicide.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

rabidsquid posted:

C9 Goldenglue

Sneaky looked frustrated as hell in those games and I get the sense that a lot of their inner turmoil comes from being stuck on a squad with Hai/Lemon, neither of which he seems to have respect for. You can possibly add Balls to that list now. It's hard to imagine a different C9 but if they don't do something I could see Sneaky looking for better offers.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Mate I don't even give a gently caress now if tsm win an international tournament I'm going to eat some apple pie and buy one of those loving jackets

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Lovechop posted:

Mate I don't even give a gently caress now if tsm win an international tournament I'm going to eat some apple pie and buy one of those loving jackets

:agreed:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I think it kind of helps that the LPL is a thunderdome. People cast Chinese League as being reckless and aggressive, but it just means that every team tries to make plays all day long; there's no Coast-equivalent punching bag that you can rest easy against. Combined with the sheer number of games they play, and surely even the worst teams like WE build up tilt resistance, whereas GE crumbled.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jayisspecial posted:

Sneaky looked frustrated as hell in those games and I get the sense that a lot of their inner turmoil comes from being stuck on a squad with Hai/Lemon, neither of which he seems to have respect for. You can possibly add Balls to that list now. It's hard to imagine a different C9 but if they don't do something I could see Sneaky looking for better offers.

You basically only see Sneaky duo with Meteos so there might be something to this, although I have seen him rarely duo with Lemon. It's sort of frustrating to be ADC during games you're losing massively though as it can feel helpless.

Of course this won't be a problem when we also get C9 Jesiz to replace Sneaky.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Lovechop posted:

I'll buy a jacket then make a video re enacting every Dyrus video intro

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Savage Cracker posted:

Look man I don't how that poo poo works. I googled Mao and cropped some text in paint. I'm the IEM of memes.

I hope it's you posting it on reddit then.

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012

Lovechop posted:

I might have to get a WE jacket myself, this poo poo is unreal. :allears:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
i'm in loving awe over that win. way to go WE.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
gently caress Mao's starting to look like qtpie to me aaaaa

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Sneaky and Lemon seem to get along fairly well when I see them run duo on stream. And when he's asked about it he doesn't crap all over Lemon. Hai and meteos seem to have been the weaker links in the team, with Hai just crapping himself when he gets behind and Meteos being about as spikey as you can in terms of performance.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hai has a smaller champion pool than Scarra did when he retired. He has a bigger earring though.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I am seeing that Mao pic everywhere now hahah

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I hope it's you posting it on reddit then.

I did. I figured they'd love that kind of poo poo. You can even see how I failed to properly crop the image in the bottom right corner. I wanted to add some faces of GE in their bunny suits similar to the faces of Alex, Froggen and Peke in the Qt pic but that got way too complicated :v:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Calax posted:

Sneaky and Lemon seem to get along fairly well when I see them run duo on stream. And when he's asked about it he doesn't crap all over Lemon. Hai and meteos seem to have been the weaker links in the team, with Hai just crapping himself when he gets behind and Meteos being about as spikey as you can in terms of performance.

Sneaky admitted on his stream at one point that he prefers to duo with Meteos instead of Lemon because he sees Lemon making mistakes and, unlike Meteos, he takes their work together very serious and it ends up pissing him off. Other people allow him to chill out. He also rarely invites Hai and only offers up "he's too trolly" when he explains why. I think "too trolly" actually means "he sucks." Add to that Hai's insights on his own performance and how frustrations were mounting in their scrims because of his poor performance and I just can't really draw any other conclusion. It's pretty evident than Sneaky is extremely competitive and he's really the only one putting up the numbers on his team this split.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I admit a part of me is hoping for CLG sneaky so the Aphromoo bromance can properly blossom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

All of the sick engages Aphromoo makes would be wasted on such a passive ADC.

• Locked thread