Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's an Arrow panel at Paleyfest today, which usually leads to some news and spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm surprised Ray's suit has so many non/armored areas. I get that it's a shoestring budget and it's a CW show and blah blah blah, but it still looks cheap. And not very protective

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well there's also the fact that Ray just built the drat thing out of a knee-jerk reaction to seeing his fiancee killed. He really has no clue what he's about to get into.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In any case, the Green Arrow's true love should be for social justice.

The big bad of season 4 will be GamerGate MRAs

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scyantific posted:

Well there's also the fact that Ray just built the drat thing out of a knee-jerk reaction to seeing his fiancee killed. He really has no clue what he's about to get into.
Yeah but he made it out of moonrocks or whatever so it's super reliable

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I have no idea if this is actually accurate at all or not, but I always figured Ray's suit was more about having a bunch of random gadgets and poo poo in it, rather than being some kind of Iron Man-esque super tank armor for him.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

VDay posted:

I have no idea if this is actually accurate at all or not, but I always figured Ray's suit was more about having a bunch of random gadgets and poo poo in it, rather than being some kind of Iron Man-esque super tank armor for him.

It always seemed like it was going to be more of an exoskeleton (ie. it'll augment him, not necessarily protect him from bullets) with some padding and lasers on it rather than turning him into Robocop to me as well. Though I'm sure there will be a scene where he gets hit in the chest with a bullet or something and smirks while the bad guy stares in amazement instead of shooting for his face.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 15, 2015

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

omg chael crash posted:

I'm surprised Ray's suit has so many non/armored areas. I get that it's a shoestring budget and it's a CW show and blah blah blah, but it still looks cheap. And not very protective

It doesn't have a bare midriff, so it's already more protective than a large majority of super hero costumes.

bbf2 posted:

The big bad of season 4 will be GamerGate MRAs

The most vile villain of them all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VDay posted:

It is. It's an exosuit made out of a bunch of devices.

It has a hard light projector so it probably uses force fields rather than armor.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Yeah but he made it out of moonrocks or whatever so it's super reliable

All the vibranium/N-th metal/Prometheum/adamantium in the world doesn't mean poo poo if you don't have the combat skills to back it up.

Now I want to see Oliver take that suit apart just to see the expression of shock on Ray's face.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Scyantific posted:

Now I want to see Oliver take that suit apart just to see the expression of shock on Ray's face.

Or Ray is gloating to the Arrow when suddenly Flash speeds in, rips off the armor, punches Ray in the balls, and speeds out in about half a second.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Whizbang posted:

Or Ray is gloating to the Arrow when suddenly Flash speeds in, rips off the armor, punches Ray in the balls, and speeds out in about half a second.

I've been waiting for something like this all season, except with one of Arrow's bad guys of the week

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does the Bat Embargo mean non powered characters aren't allowed to fight super powered ones?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Does the Bat Embargo mean non powered characters aren't allowed to fight super powered ones?

No

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

greatn posted:

This has already happened? Arrow fought Flash. And Slade.

And obviously half of Flash's rogues gallery isn't powered, as well (Cold, Heat Wave, Boomerang, Piper.) Though maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Version 1.0 of every suit has flaws. Remember the first Iron Man suit?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Arrows climactic fight with Slade was after he lost his powers, and with Flash on another show, so the only power he's really fight is generic super strength. I just think it's weird he never faces characters with super abilities on his own show.

It means he basically has to be shown as weak or making stupid decisions to lose.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Arrow is Batman who is a street level hero so most of his opponents are roughly humanish in power levels. At least till a crossover than its :smug: prep time all day every day

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You can watch the Paleyfest panel on Yahoo: https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/paleyfest-la-arrow

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Thanks!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Bat Embargo is the worst thing since Bat Shark Repellent

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Azhais posted:

The Bat Embargo is the worst thing since Bat Shark Repellent

How is Cuba going to play baseball without bats???

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Green Arrow (among others) is getting a costume redesign in the comics soon... but Green Lantern's looking more like TV Arrow than anything.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Evil Hal...again?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reminder that we're going to get our first metahuman on Arrow in an upcoming episode. Also, Ollie did just get his rear end kicked by Ra's al Ghul, who we're pretty sure is using a Lazarus Pit.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ville Valo posted:

Green Arrow (among others) is getting a costume redesign in the comics soon... but Green Lantern's looking more like TV Arrow than anything.

GL's need a hood for all that rain in space.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Bad Moon posted:

Helps protect them from meteor showers :haw:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Bad Moon posted:

You do NOT want spacedust in your eyes mate.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Proposition Joe posted:

How is Cuba going to play baseball without bats???

It's the Bay of Pygs all over again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I just saw the Paleyfest promo. Definitely got a TDK Jim Gordon vibe at the end When Lance tells Oliver "I got you now you son of a bitch.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Here's a low quality video of the PaleyFest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qmQQrQsjEA

Major spoilers.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

overtone posted:

Here's a low quality video of the PaleyFest trailer: [embed]

This is a really good trailer. I was already excited for the rest of the season, but man there's some good poo poo in there. Notably Lance and Ray's respective promo scenes.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Scyantific posted:

I just saw the Paleyfest promo. Definitely got a TDK Jim Gordon vibe at the end When Lance tells Oliver "I got you now you son of a bitch.

That almost certainly won't be how it actually plays out in the show. :10bux: says that's from two different scenes, if not episodes, and Lance somehow ends up finding the Arrow cave while no one's there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

overtone posted:

Here's a low quality video of the PaleyFest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qmQQrQsjEA

Major spoilers.

Det Lance finally gets a clue.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Well poo poo!

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
Paleyfest trailer spoilers: sure thought I saw Roy dead on the table in the foundry there.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Ugh, more Hong Kong flashbacks. They look as dull as ever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You thought they would just drop the unresolved story?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
No, I want them to make them interesting. Somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Crunk Abortion posted:

Paleyfest trailer spoilers: sure thought I saw Roy dead on the table in the foundry there.

Where in the video?

• Locked thread