Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Hbomb is unironically the best poster in the thread. He doesn't make enough Ishtar jokes, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

That is because I already control the fate of the middle east.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Beefstew posted:

Hbomb is unironically the best poster in the thread.

lol no

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Good video. Only real problem is that you kept telling me to watch his videos.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
His posts are bad, but his videos about worse people are okay.

edit; That loving skull!!

Compendium fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 14, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Davis Aurini is loving hilarious.

I mean, until it inevitably comes out that he beats the poo poo out of women at his local strip club or something and it just gets dark, but in the meantime why the gently caress are you dressing like a pirate and strategically placing your named toy skull in every other shot of your videos you loving dweeb?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Aurini would seem like a parody if only he wasn't.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

This is funny. Good job at making funnies!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Spiritus Nox posted:

Davis Aurini is loving hilarious.
why the gently caress are you dressing like a pirate and strategically placing your named toy skull in every other shot of your videos you loving dweeb?

Because he found himself early in high school with the only clique that would accept him and he hasn't separated himself from that ever since in hopes that he would find more friends that way.

I mean, I'm kidding, but it might be true.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tracula posted:

Aurini would seem like a parody if only he wasn't.

He is literally mister Poe's Law.

ApeHawk posted:

Because he found himself early in high school with the only clique that would accept him and he hasn't separated himself from that ever since in hopes that he would find more friends that way.

I mean, I'm kidding, but it might be true.

This explains the Fedoras and the loving loathsome social views. But are there any white-supremacist cliques out there that also value members who dress like either a pirate or Kane depending on their mood and appease their pet toy skulls?

In all seriousness, as loving loathsome as Aurini is and as dangerous as the logical conclusion of MRA-style thinking is, I do find myself feeling bad for folks like him. I mean, look at him. The guy is desperate for people to look up to him. He's obsessed with how people see him and terrified of not being seen as strong or masculine enough. The guy's a wreck, and you can't tell me that he's not just miserable on some level.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 14, 2015

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Genius is oft unappreciated in its time.

P.S. Hbomb: Two Worlds LP sequel???

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
You have an angelic singing voice Hbomberguy.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
It's funny hearing him say that he looks up to Michael Moore. https://youtu.be/jq4wzUVg0OQ?t=1h13m30s

I'm actually looking forward to this documentary when it's done, trainwreck or not.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 14, 2015

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Now I want some juice, too.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

ApeHawk posted:

Good lord. Imagine The Debbies from The Oblongs except everyone's dressed like a pirate and carries a full glass of whisky around everywhere.

Another hilarious video btw, H-Bomb. I should check out out your Let's Plays some time.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If you want to name your toy skull and put it in all your backgrounds, fine with me. But it has to be a good toy skull that is crafted to look real, metallic, or crystal. Also, have the dignity to own the pretend skull of a person who went to the pretend dentist when they were pretend alive.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My life for you. MY LIFE FOR YOU.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Gyges posted:

If you want to name your toy skull and put it in all your backgrounds, fine with me. But it has to be a good toy skull that is crafted to look real, metallic, or crystal. Also, have the dignity to own the pretend skull of a person who went to the pretend dentist when they were pretend alive.
Plus, if you're going to have skull in the background, you should at the very least dress it up. Put some sunglasses on, stick a cigar in it's mouth, slap a backwards cap on it's head and now you've got the hippest skull on YouTube.

Honestly, if I made web videos where I appeared on camera, I'd put a prop skull in the background to (1) make a jab at these videos, (2) dress it up like I described above, and (3) find a way to incorporate this song.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Completely lost my poo poo at the orange juice drinking scene. You're a treasure.

Also thanks for the skull update :yohoho:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Spiritus Nox posted:

In all seriousness, as loving loathsome as Aurini is and as dangerous as the logical conclusion of MRA-style thinking is, I do find myself feeling bad for folks like him. I mean, look at him. The guy is desperate for people to look up to him. He's obsessed with how people see him and terrified of not being seen as strong or masculine enough. The guy's a wreck, and you can't tell me that he's not just miserable on some level.
The other day I read Patton Oswalt's interview in Salon (yes, they made up), and he basically said this is the correct response.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Aurini looks up to Coppola and thinks that he is on the same level as him. :allears:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Keromaru5 posted:

The other day I read Patton Oswalt's interview in Salon (yes, they made up), and he basically said this is the correct response.

And that making jokes about that poo poo is a great way to fight it. Oswalt's a cool dude.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
You know, just when I was about to go off about how you had poo poo opinions on "Man of Steel", you do something like this. Hbomberguy, you're allright. I'd buy you a beer if I was were you were.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!
I hadn't even heard of these guys until your videos, Hbomber, and I'm glad this is my only exposure to them. These vids are hilarious.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

nice.

Miss Wallace posted:

I hadn't even heard of these guys until your videos, Hbomber, and I'm glad this is my only exposure to them. These vids are hilarious.

The only thing I ever saw was their patreon and pictures of Kane. That's all anyone really needs to see to get the big picture.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 14, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Homberguy if you keep making things like this you can make all the crazy and weird posts you like.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

The Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack is the icing on the cake...

Also you got Thunderf00t :spergin: in the comments, so bravo.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I lost my poo poo when he mentioned the Godfather in the video someone linked earlier too. It was just too much and I'm glad you used it in the video.

Rebochan posted:

Except now I might mentally associate Click Clock Woods with racism and sexism. toy skulls.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Keromaru5 posted:

You're telling me that you would pass up the opportunity to antagonize that little poo poo? You wouldn't flick him in the balls at the supermarket or dump a cherry icee onto his head if you saw him walking on the lower level of a shopping mall? I'd Billy Zabka that closet-case all day long like it was 1986 and I was the rich kid in a salmon polo shirt.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Rebochan posted:

and he likes the video. :lol:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

You're telling me that you would pass up the opportunity to antagonize that little poo poo? You wouldn't flick him in the balls at the supermarket or dump a cherry icee onto his head if you saw him walking on the lower level of a shopping mall? I'd Billy Zabka that closet-case all day long like it was 1986 and I was the rich kid in a salmon polo shirt.

That would only make him feel completely justified, you realize. When you really break it down, MRAs are men who believe they're hard done by, who think the world is controlled by women who hate them. I get that you're having a funny here, but HBomberguy's video is the best response to guys like this: just point and laugh.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I had/have no idea who these two berks were but this video was loving brilliant.

Content:

Any of you watch Video Game Dungeon? Its by Ross Scott the guy behind Freeman's Mind and those Civil Protection videos. I quite like them for the most part, he does his research and covers games that aren't usually covered. However I don't find him funny and I think he can be really whiny at times. In his Carnevil for example he spents a good chunk of the review moaning that there's a christmas themed level in a Halloween themed game.

Seriously

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The CarnEv I'll review isn't as good as his other ones because he was trying to do commentary while playing it live, and ross has already admitted he's terrible at improv. Watch some of his other reviews like Strife or the snowmobile game. In the latter, he comes up with a crazy theory about how the band Point Defiance are actually time travelers to explain how their album that wasn't released for years ended up in a shovelware snomobile game that was created before the band was even formed.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

The skull needs its own show or something.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DStecks posted:

That would only make him feel completely justified, you realize. When you really break it down, MRAs are men who believe they're hard done by, who think the world is controlled by women who hate them. I get that you're having a funny here, but HBomberguy's video is the best response to guys like this: just point and laugh.

Yeah, but they're just such perfect failures of toxic masculinity that it seems appropriate to bully them for falling so far short of who they're trying to be. Like, calling someone gay shouldn't be an insult because there's nothing wrong with being gay, but calling this guy gay is appealing because he wants so badly to live in a world where that is an insult and where he gets to be the jock throwing it around with impunity.

I dunno maybe that's a really sick impulse underneath everything.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rebochan posted:

Oh why this guy. I used to like watching his "why people laugh at creationists" before he went the way of the Amazing Atheist.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Annointed posted:

Oh why this guy. I used to like watching his "why people laugh at creationists" before he went the way of the Amazing Atheist.

Yeah, I admit I liked those too when I was younger.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah, I admit I liked those too when I was younger.

Strangely enough the series made me more accepting of different religions. Originally I didn't really care much for religion that much but seeing the videos showed me that yes, there are very, very dumb people of different beliefs. And that beliefs in of themselves don't make a lesser person.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

My main beef with Internet Atheists like Amazing Atheist and Thunderpants is that, while God technically isn't real and yes there is no evidence to support them yadda yadda smug smug smug, 'God' is not a literal being and more a phrase to describe a larger concept. It's never meant to be a literal creature hiding out in space somewhere or in magic-land. It's an idea. Islam has hundreds of names for God because the whole point is they don't exist in a singular, measurable way, and are a product of everyone's viewpoint.

It's no surprise that the same people have problems with feminism. "Oh yeah? Well, show me 'the patriarchy'. You can't, can you? That's not a patriarchy, that's just a bunch of men doing bad stuff to women!" For a group that loves describing itself as free-thinking, new/alternative ideas are like this alien concept.

Hbomberguy fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Hbomberguy posted:

'God' is not a literal being and more a phrase to describe a larger concept. It's never meant to be a literal creature hiding out in space somewhere or in magic-land. It's an idea.

Millions of people who have devoted their life to a god they believe really does exist as a literal entity would take umbrage with that, but ya know, [HbomberguyOpinions.txt], zero crossover with [Reality.txt], broken record, yadda yadda.

(Side note, systemic oppression like sexism is also not an idea or larger concept with ~unknowable subjective facets~, it is a concrete thing enforced by concrete things, and ideas and subjective perceptions are just small parts of it. Hence why feminist activism is largely concerned with fighting real-world laws and strictures.)

Keepin' my rebuttals tight and tidy from now on, yessir.

Jay O fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 14, 2015

• Locked thread