Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I liked Armored Core 4 (and For Answer, which I didn't play much) a lot. I didn't pick up Armored Core 5, though, the decision to make that one so heavily focused on multiplayer made it really unappealing.

Hopefully they make another Armored Core, and make it a good fun single player experience again. Or just make Metal Wolf Chaos 2, that would be cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

King of Solomon posted:

I liked Armored Core 4 (and For Answer, which I didn't play much) a lot. I didn't pick up Armored Core 5, though, the decision to make that one so heavily focused on multiplayer made it really unappealing.

Hopefully they make another Armored Core, and make it a good fun single player experience again. Or just make Metal Wolf Chaos 2, that would be cool too.
I like literally everything about MWC more than any Armored Core game. The setting, the game mechanics, the weapons, the visual style, the music, the story, the characters, everything.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

So I am crazy for From games, and them therefore tempted to buy a PS4, AKA Bloodborne machine. Is there any preferred deal for buying a Bloodborne machine, or is just picking up this package on amazon fine?
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426373227&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4

Are there other PS4 exclusives I should care about, to help justify the purchase? I did like persona 4, and the promise of persona 5 is a tempting one.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Samurai Sanders posted:

I like literally everything about MWC more than any Armored Core game. The setting, the game mechanics, the weapons, the visual style, the music, the story, the characters, everything.

Like I said, I'd be cool with either. I just want them to keep making fast mech games.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Read a preview of the Avalanche Mad Max game in the new issue of Game Informer. There's definitely some interesting ideas in there, like how you can damage enemy tires by shooting or pulling them off with a harpoon gun but those things won't happen to Max's story car. There's a light survival mechanic with needing food, water and gas but they're generous enough that it doesn't drag down the gameplay. They also stated that the world map would have soft borders that you can drive outside of and if you're lucky you can find rare car parts, but it is fairly dangerous.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
That stuff sounds cool. I'm kinda nervous about it because there's been basically no coverage... but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I've been enjoying the PS+ games a lot this month. Valiant Hearts has a lot of charm and some neat little puzzle ideas, Oddworld is a fun diversion, and though I know I'll never be good at OlliOlli2, it's an entertaining little game good for a couple minutes here and there. For all the delays and everything, it was a really good set for March, I think.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The one thing I found worrying about the article is that it was kind of sparse with actual screenshots. The author stated that he played for multiple hours so it sounds like its in some kind of playable state.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I solved the Shadow of Mordor difficulty problem by having too many drinks before dinner last night, and again tonight.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

I really want to like Armored Core again, but it doesn't feel like the series evolved much or aged very well. The last couple that I played bored the crap out of me.
It evolved a ton in AC5, just mostly in the wrong direction. The scale of the mechs were pared back from 4 and the movement mechanics changed pretty significantly, but they introduced a severely hosed up rock/paper/scissors system and focused primarily on multiplayer which was totally broken and conceptually would never work ever anyway.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I demand the update 2.50 come NOW so I can delete The Playroom from my trophy list. :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

poptart_fairy posted:

I demand the update 2.50 come NOW so I can delete The Playroom from my trophy list. :colbert:

Alternatively, you could 100% it

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
There are 12 named orcs in my Mordor, not accounting for Grand Marshals, lowest power level is 6, highest is 18 (he one-shots me with his javelins).

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos 2

That's a name I can get behind.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MPLS to NOLA posted:

There are 12 named orcs in my Mordor, not accounting for Grand Marshals, lowest power level is 6, highest is 18 (he one-shots me with his javelins).

What is a Grand Marshal, I'm 50% into the game and I don't think that's a thing

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Alternatively, you could 100% it

No camera. :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like armored core a lot but there are maybe 2 good games out of the 10 they've made most of them are horrible slogs and micro management nightmares.

I am down for MWC2 though. hope they make it.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is a Grand Marshal, I'm 50% into the game and I don't think that's a thing

Hi, I just poisoned a bunch of barrels. The um, the guys at the top. The S-tiers. Ratbag is one.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

So I figured I'd ask here because I don't know where else to ask (probably the Tech forum next) but has anyone else's DS4Windows been acting up lately? Mine suddenly stopped working and after poking around on the InputMapper forum it looks like I'm not the only one. I don't know if Windows 8.1's latest update did something or if anyone has a solution, but for some reason my controller shows up as Controller 2 in Xinput and I can't get it to show as Controller 1.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Soft Shell Crab posted:

That's a name I can get behind.

That's not even the half of it. You play as the potus in a mech fighting the vp who also has a mech.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Does anyone have the PlayStation credit card? I'm thinking of getting it just to use on PSN because you get points to buy Sony stuff.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

a cop posted:

It's pretty lame that the online experience w/ Helldivers is better on ps3 than ps4. On ps3 you can have guests drop in and also play online, on ps4 they have to make a profile and sign up for 2 free days of gold if you want to play online as well as w/ people on the couch.

Yeah no kidding! Found this out last night, what a bummer!

It should only matter that one person has plus, right? Like with Halo on the Xbox... I really hope Sony fixes this somehow but I doubt they will.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
I've never pre-ordered a game on the PS4, and I just did (Bloodborne). Does it download, and then once it releases at 12AM EST, it flips a switch and I can play it?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Unmature posted:

Does anyone have the PlayStation credit card? I'm thinking of getting it just to use on PSN because you get points to buy Sony stuff.

I'm in the same boat. I spend so much on PSN that if the rewards are decent I'd make out better than just using my normal rewards card, most likely.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

BoyBlunder posted:

I've never pre-ordered a game on the PS4, and I just did (Bloodborne). Does it download, and then once it releases at 12AM EST, it flips a switch and I can play it?

Yes (as soon as the preload is up anyway, if it isn't already) but when it looks like it is done downloading it will not actually be done downloading. Go to your game list, highlight it, press options and select details. There you can see how far it really is.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I dunno, would you trust Sony with handling your credit information?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

How on Earth do you tell if you have an active PS+ sub? I got locked out of all my PS+ games. I suspect the subscription failed to auto renew, but I can't tell if I even have PS+.

Related, how do you enable auto renew?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
EDIT: /\ Yellow cross next to your name on the main PS4 menu makes it really obvious if you have a subscription. Not sure how to setup auto-renew but you might need to do it from the website.

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Hi, I just poisoned a bunch of barrels. The um, the guys at the top. The S-tiers. Ratbag is one.

Warchiefs.

And if you're only at that point you haven't seen anything yet.

I recommend rushing the story missions into the next area and then doing the first 3-4 of that map that involve the wraith powers. Things get much more interesting once branding comes into play (and it really should've been given earlier than it is.)

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: /\ Yellow cross next to your name on the main PS4 menu makes it really obvious if you have a subscription. Not sure how to setup auto-renew but you might need to do it from the website.

It's like they don't want my money. Well, if I've already lost my content, there's not much reason to resub.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If you resubscribe you will get access to those games again.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you resubscribe you will get access to those games again.

Oh! Neat. Thanks for the info.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
It's hard to do anything when you have to interrogate a worm to get new info but then you get spotted by a guy you've been killed by twice and you figure you can get him this time, and then the other guy you've been killed by twice spots you, and then you run and are killed by a normal guy, who is killed in the menu by one of the guys who's already killed you twice, making them both roar with power, but I'm not complaining

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ometeotl posted:

I dunno, would you trust Sony with handling your credit information?

One guy's horror story on Reddit was enough for me to take my info off PSN. Dude had like $500 in fraudulent charges, of which Sony would only cover $150. He could challenge the purchases through his bank, but apparently Sony would permanently ban him from PSN in that case. And whomever hacked his account de-authorized his PS4, which Sony couldn't reverse. He couldn't add his PS4 back to his account for like 6 months either.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

MPLS to NOLA posted:

It's hard to do anything when you have to interrogate a worm to get new info but then you get spotted by a guy you've been killed by twice and you figure you can get him this time, and then the other guy you've been killed by twice spots you, and then you run and are killed by a normal guy, who is killed in the menu by one of the guys who's already killed you twice, making them both roar with power, but I'm not complaining

Just do story missions until you're an unstoppable killing machine, the Orc army is basically your plaything at some point. I remember I got the ability that let you activate a mode to keep doing the beheading execution but by that point I got combos so fast the difference between the mode being on and off was negligible.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MeatwadIsGod posted:

One guy's horror story on Reddit was enough for me to take my info off PSN. Dude had like $500 in fraudulent charges, of which Sony would only cover $150. He could challenge the purchases through his bank, but apparently Sony would permanently ban him from PSN in that case. And whomever hacked his account de-authorized his PS4, which Sony couldn't reverse. He couldn't add his PS4 back to his account for like 6 months either.

That sounds awful. How did he get his account hacked?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Just do story missions until you're an unstoppable killing machine, the Orc army is basically your plaything at some point. I remember I got the ability that let you activate a mode to keep doing the beheading execution but by that point I got combos so fast the difference between the mode being on and off was negligible.
Yeah, I was having a lot of trouble surviving big fights early in the game and would actually have to run away and be all tactical and stuff. But once you can just run in and do two executions/brands a second huge mobs just dissolve in front of you.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Who cares about Blood Souls - where's my PS4 Journey?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So I kind of want to play a new horror game while I wait for Bloodborne. I was gonna pick up the REMake HD but I saw White Night is now out, and was wondering what goons thought of it. Is it worth the fifteen bux?

EDIT: Or should I just 5bux the first episode of Revelations 2?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

el oso posted:

Who cares about Blood Souls - where's my PS4 Journey?

Seriously I haven't played it yet and hear good things, where is the port already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So I kind of want to play a new horror game while I wait for Bloodborne. I was gonna pick up the REMake HD but I saw White Night is now out, and was wondering what goons thought of it. Is it worth the fifteen bux?

EDIT: Or should I just 5bux the first episode of Revelations 2?

Revelations 2 is a lot of fun (but a little uneven in how much I enjoyed each episode), but REmake HD is loving great. If you haven't played through REmake or RE1 in a while, I'd highly recommend it.

• Locked thread