Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Good catch that.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
That was a fantastic catch

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

PHWOAR

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Sure am glad they gave the run a ball plodders a warmup instead of sending out maxwell and haddin to win quick

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stupid rain. We probably only need another 20 to 30 minutes.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
India digging a deep hole and Australia drowning in Hobart, this could be a good day of results.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I think they've gone to the break, anyway. Rain should've pissed off by then, so we should get a result.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Yeah the rain has almost all blown away. No way this game will be called off.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Speaking from Hobart, there will definitely be a result. It's just passing showers at the moment. It has stopped at my house currently.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

M S Bevo to the rescue again.

e: Mazda has zinc on in the dark

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 14, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Hamilton Masakadza just dropped the World Cup dead rubber game.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Zinc probably got in his eye.

e: now he has sunnies on. Does he not understand night time?

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 14, 2015

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

With rain about Clarke should have just had starc go through the tail. So silly.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I have to say they're taking their sweet damned time getting back on the ground.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

India are lucky Zimbabwe can't hack the pressure.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Talk about Aussie commentators not knowing associate team member's names but these Indian commentators are even worse.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Good to see Australia aren't messing about.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Some big sixes hit by the lads.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Haha omg Warner spits his gum into his hand, drops it then shakes hands with the scots.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Faulkner finishes off another.

Good timing as there just was a really heavy shower in Hobart.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
They

-Spiffy- posted:

Haha omg Warner spits his gum into his hand, drops it then shakes hands with the scots.

They should be honoured to shake the hand of davey

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Haha Brendan Julian retard.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Starc's figures for the group stage are 16 wickets, average of 8.5, strike rate 13.8 :eyepop:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Still B.A.E posted:

Starc's figures for the group stage are 16 wickets, average of 8.5, strike rate 13.8 :eyepop:

Starc played one less game than everyone else in the top 5 while taking 1 more wicket than anyone else

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Reminder that I said Starc was quality ages ago.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Reminder that I said Starc was quality ages ago.

You were wrong then, because he was garbage ages ago.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

But is he calling people cunts when he's taking their wicket, that's the important thing

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wish we had starc instead of Milne.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

You were wrong then, because he was garbage ages ago.

Depends what format. He was ranked top 10 in the two short form cricket going into this world cup.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Depends what format. He was ranked top 10 in the two short form cricket going into this world cup.

I know the WC takes a long time but I don't really count 2 months as 'ages ago'.

Jason Holder is a really impressive cricketer, it's a shame the WICB/WIPA bullshit will inevitably drag him down under the burden of captaincy.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

I know the WC takes a long time but I don't really count 2 months as 'ages ago'.

Jason Holder is a really impressive cricketer, it's a shame the WICB/WIPA bullshit will inevitably drag him down under the burden of captaincy.

He's been ranked strongly in short form cricket for at least a few years. He was hilariously one of Australia's highest paid players maybe a year or two ago through virtue of playing so much odi and t20 cricket.

Shame he hasn't really got it going in test cricket.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

He's only 25.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Good to see the windies can still put the boot in on occasion.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Looking like restricting my Windies players in fantasy to just Holder and Taylor was pretty shrewd so far.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Yep. I have faith he will work it out in tests. I remember when he came into the side because of the injuries to all the young quicks he was said to be the most raw quick of potential in the country but the one with the biggest upside. Almost 2m tall, able to swing the ball, quick.

Out of all the bowlers to bowl 1000 balls in odi cricket he has the best average and strike rate. He has the same amount of 5 wicket hauls in Odis as Richard hadlee. Starc has played 38 Odis to Hadlee's 115.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
If WI can wrap this up quick enough, the possibility of Pakistan not making the quarter finals is pretty real.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Brett824 posted:

If WI can wrap this up quick enough, the possibility of Pakistan not making the quarter finals is pretty real.

Don't they just have to beat Ireland?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Mister Chief posted:

Don't they just have to beat Ireland?

If they beat Ireland they're in, if they lose to Ireland it's down to NRR between them and WI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

So they're in.