Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
More art from that guy who worked on the OVA.

Honestly, D'Arby is one of those fights, if I could erase it from my memory to experience it again for the first time, I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I liked that they showed a picture of him playing against the Moors, I did not imagine them to be Fat Bikers.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Good job Crunchyroll you spoiled the fact that D'Arby has a brother.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

How?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

They called him "D'arby Elder".

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That's odd.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
People who don't know there's another D'Arby probably won't think about it or notice it, and will just think it's another weird jojo name.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked the Sphinxes bit, though I could only pick out the D'arbys and Pet Shop

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

FirstAidKite posted:

I liked the Sphinxes bit, though I could only pick out the D'arbys and Pet Shop

I didn't even pay attention, that's cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

I didn't even pay attention, that's cool.

Here's a composite I made. Dunno who most of them are or if all of them even represent somebody, but I can definitely see Daniel J. D'arby, Terence T. D'arby, and Petshop.

e: or maybe I can't find B'arby, a few of the sphinxes have what I thought were his tattoo things. Not as clear as Terence's.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Daniel is at the very bottom and I think Hol Horse is the one next to Pet Shop.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Seeing as there are eight, I guess two of those are Nukesaku and Kenny G.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh, looks like going from bottom up it's the order the fights are in. Daniel, Boingo, Hol Horse, Pet Shop, Terence, Kenny G, Vanilla Ice, and Nukesaku

I think. Having trouble telling the last 3 apart but given it goes in order for the first 5, that order would make sense.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kenny G being the shadowy one would make sense. I don't think the group ever sees his face.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

There were typos in the subtitles despite the delay, and the last fights have been Set's Alessi and Bastet's Alessi even though the stands belong to the user.

They're on a bad run.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Aurain posted:

the last fights have been Set's Alessi and Bastet's Alessi even though the stands belong to the user.

They're on a bad run.

That's a pretty poor/literal translation of the chapter titles (「セト神」のアレッシー) ), but it's not technically incorrect. Sucks to see, but I can't hold it against them considering how little time they must have to create the subs (even with delays).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have no idea their actual process, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have the episode a day or two before-hand, and seeing as they're in that business. I've less sympathy for them despite the rush than I would have for amateur subbers taking a go at something.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Would've loved to see Part 2 get that kind of demented treatment in a game. I wanna play the badass soldier who managed to take Stroheim down at Stalingrad.
You mean Vasily Zaytsev and his Stand, Moscow Transfer?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

You mean Vasily Zaytsev and his Stand, Moscow Transfer?

Please tell me this is in one of the dumb spin-off novels.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
IIRC Crunchyroll does not actually translate the episodes in house, they use the translation given to them by the people who produce it.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
The 'evem' typo bothered me way more than it should have but overall translation is hard and the fact we get subs so drat fast now is pretty insane. If only the part 5 retrans could move at the same pace.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Iggy

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The original post needs a Mariah, Midler, Pucci and Ice like this.

e: For some reason, the surface tension game is played with Whisky instead of Wine in the anime. The subs still refer to wine though. It changed literally nothing important, but I wonder what the thought behind that one was.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 15, 2015

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I hope we get a good translation of part 5 before the part 5 anime airs

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Aurain posted:

The original post needs a Mariah, Midler, Pucci and Ice like this.

e: For some reason, the surface tension game is played with Whisky instead of Wine in the anime. The subs still refer to wine though. It changed literally nothing important, but I wonder what the thought behind that one was.

I guess it's meant to be an oddly-colored white wine?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

I guess it's meant to be an oddly-colored white wine?

Nah, it says Whisky on the label.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
If you're going to bet with any liquid, it really should be whiskey.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

If you're going to bet with any liquid, it really should be whiskey.

Though whiskey has way less surface tension than water, so it would actually be a poo poo choice for this game. There would be almost no meniscus before it broke. But whatever, it doesn't matter, because it's awesome regardless.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Anyone got a picture of Dio's Owlcat from Part 1 handy? I didn't save it when I should have and now I can't find it :(

FAKE EDIT: There was also a picture floating around of a ton of Jojo characters walking in a line, with Danny leading the way and Jonathan and Erina in wedding attire right behind...anyone know what I'm talking about?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Stroheim we need to talk

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I totally forgot about Part 6's Jotaro snakeskin pants holy poo poo

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moltrey posted:

I totally forgot about Part 6's Jotaro snakeskin pants holy poo poo

I was so disappointed that they weren't included in AllStar Battle. The rest of his costumes in that game are super lame.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ASB doesn't even have his all white ensemble, right?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Kurtofan posted:

Stroheim we need to talk
Dude loves his parades.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Though whiskey has way less surface tension than water, so it would actually be a poo poo choice for this game. There would be almost no meniscus before it broke. But whatever, it doesn't matter, because it's awesome regardless.

So the whiskey would overflow quicker? Wouldn't that be a more sensible choice for the game, though, since Joseph was in a hurry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So the whiskey would overflow quicker? Wouldn't that be a more sensible choice for the game, though, since Joseph was in a hurry?

Well, the game is to take a glass that's full but level, and put coins in until the meniscus breaks and the glass overflows. A glass of whiskey would overflow almost immediately, so it makes it not much of a game.

• Locked thread