Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Horatio Sanz seems like a pretty awesome dude.

The Hooray Show kinda seems like The Todd Glass Show but without the rants and waaaaaay more chill.

What, you don't like listening to a guy who's making up for lost time by constantly soapboxing ever since coming out or who deconstructs his own bits while in the middle of telling them??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

What, you don't like listening to a guy who's making up for lost time by constantly soapboxing ever since coming out or who deconstructs his own bits while in the middle of telling them??

Eh. When he has good guests, it's one of my favorite podcasts. The other episodes I just don't listen to.

He's been on a roll lately. The last 5 or so episodes have been great.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Eh. When he has good guests, it's one of my favorite podcasts. The other episodes I just don't listen to.

He's been on a roll lately. The last 5 or so episodes have been great.

I just saw Eddie Peppitone and Daniel Kinno, yay Daniel is back. Should be crazy. Also I haven't listened to Horatio's podcast yet but I will now make the effort since it has the Conduit Seal Of Approval.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I just saw Eddie Peppitone and Daniel Kinno, yay Daniel is back. Should be crazy. Also I haven't listened to Horatio's podcast yet but I will now make the effort since it has the Conduit Seal Of Approval.

Yeah it was a great episode. I skipped the part with just Daniel Kinno though haha

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
So is PFT starting an Earwolf podcast or what

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Probs. I hope it isn't a Lapkus/Daly style thing, because quite a few of PFT's characters have been overdone already.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I hope it's just No, You Shut Up. Puppets on audio programming are inherently hilarious.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Someone on the Earwolf Forums saw this before it was taken down

edit https://twitter.com/sponteanation

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Brock Samson posted:

Someone on the Earwolf Forums saw this before it was taken down

edit https://twitter.com/sponteanation

But Mondays are CBB day! Why not Wednesday, the only day Earwolf doesn't have a show I listen to?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

But Mondays are CBB day! Why not Wednesday, the only day Earwolf doesn't have a show I listen to?

Tuesdays would be good. It could replace HH...

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Poor Andy Daly. First he misses the guest boat on U Talkin' U2 To Me, then he debuts Me 2 I'm Talkin' U2 To U Too after U Two Talkin' U2 2 Me Too? Yes.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Omnishambles posted:

shut your whore mouth

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Omnishambles posted:

i'm going to put you totally in the garbage bin

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

why haven't yall started speculating what the heck "Spontaneanation" could be? Other than a bad title. I try not to say negative stuff about shows bc James Adomian liked one of my tumblr posts and it made me realize that it's possible for the people I'm talking about to actually see the stuff I'm saying about them. but still. Spontaneanation?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The logo also looks like it was made in MS Paint and I hope it's just a placeholder until whoever does all the other Earwolf stuff gets to it or something

To be honest I hope it's not a character thing because that was probably the worst part of the Pod F Tompkast

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I'll throw in a random guess. It'll be a call-in show, where PFT answers calls in character.

Completely based on nothing, other than wondering if the "nation" refers to fans.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

That's With Special Guest in a nutshell. Still excited to hear this episode though.

I'm still rooting for the show a lot. The Tom Leykis episode alone is better than almost any CBB episode

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Slackerish posted:

I'm still rooting for the show a lot. The Tom Leykis episode alone is better than almost any CBB episode

Agreed, dear

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

She just wants your approval guys.

http://paulftompkins.com/post/113620647828/lauren-lapkus-is-on-no-you-shut-up-this-week

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Help Im Alive posted:

The logo also looks like it was made in MS Paint and I hope it's just a placeholder until whoever does all the other Earwolf stuff gets to it or something

Seems likely because they junked the Hooray Show's rad as gently caress logo once their art guy found time to draw something for it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The HH Tasty Smoothies Shaveblade ads are really good, it's a shame they don't ship outside the US. Actually I think basically all podcast sponsors might be US only except maybe some of the digital ones

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I bit the shame-bullet on the Handbook Lootcrate ad, they shipped fine to Sweden (albeit with a delay of course)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Has anyone else noticed that in every week's Hollywood Handbook photos there's always around half a dozen lotto scratchers on the table? Ten dollar tickets, too, no rinky-dink poo poo. I think the only time they've mentioned it on the show was in the Jes Macallan episode. I assume it's part of their pre-show ritual/how they pay their guests.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Has anyone else noticed that in every week's Hollywood Handbook photos there's always around half a dozen lotto scratchers on the table? Ten dollar tickets, too, no rinky-dink poo poo. I think the only time they've mentioned it on the show was in the Jes Macallan episode. I assume it's part of their pre-show ritual/how they pay their guests.
Yeah I've been noticing. Also at one part during the Kumail segment you can clearly hear someone scraping something, with no reference to it happening.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

yeah the pics from the most recent show have like 30 dollars worth of scratchers there.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Doing cigarettes and gambling during a podcast...these guys are hardcore

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

soon Engineer Cody will get to drink only the finest dirt water

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

dirt milk my friend

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Better than Sam's jar of pizza sauce/"Dollar-store Bloody Mary" that he didn't take a photo of, even though he was specifically ordered to do so.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

sam rides his big motorcycle around too much and acts like a renegade
e: gonna take this milk water/milk and lottery discussion to the Earwolf forums so I can cash in on those sweet likes

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 18, 2015

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Politicalrancor posted:

dirt milk my friend

real milk dirt cup

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I really want the Too Soon app from this Improv4humans

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

mr.capps posted:

I really want the Too Soon app from this Improv4humans
too soon..

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

PFT's new podcast just dropped. Boy, that logo is ugly as hell.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/spontaneanation-with-paul-f-tompkins/

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

goddammit I should've called April Fool's joke when I first thought of it. Think of all the podcast nerd cred I could've accrued

e: I mean it could be real. I hope it is. The preview was pretty funny.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 20, 2015

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

goddammit I should've called April Fool's joke when I first thought of it. Think of all the podcast nerd cred I could've accrued

e: I mean it could be real. I hope it is. The preview was pretty funny.

I don't think it's a joke. If it was a april fools joke it'd be a pretty lame one, and one that didn't actually happen on April the 1st.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Drunkboxer posted:

If it was a april fools joke it'd be a pretty lame one,

As opposed to all the totally awesome April fools jokes.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
PFT on twitter:

@PFTompkins: The @Spontaneanation podcast is real. Don’t get hung up on the April 1st release. April Fool’s pranks are BENEATH ME. #SPONTwPFT

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's just what I'd say to get peoeple to buy into my april fools joke too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

'I'm doing a podcast. Just kidding I'm not doing a podcast" is a solid joke

The preview was ok though, I don't think there'd be any reason to doubt it if the logo wasn't so bad