Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

kemikalkadet posted:

Pro abbey strats
we won

Well I mean the only real way to win abbey is to end the round as fast as possible so that looks solid to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

rossmum posted:

Accuracy nerf chat: haven't noticed it. Actually, my snapshots seem to be landing more now :psyduck:

Well, did you see that image showing spread before and after patch? According to that, yes there will be less shots hitting the very center of the reticle, but there will also be a lot more shots hitting just outside the very middle, and fewer towards the edges. So...yeah.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

rossmum posted:

Oh, FV304 :allears:

I blew up his AC48 from full health while he was distracted fighting other poo poo and narrowly missed top damage on both teams (he did marginally more). Other highlights: two-shotting a CDC and removing like 500hp off an ARL blind.

Accuracy nerf chat: haven't noticed it. Actually, my snapshots seem to be landing more now :psyduck:

The accuracy nerf never felt like much of a nerf, the amount of poo poo that seems to land on snap shots feels really high. I've had a lot of hits from things that in the past wouldn't have gotten near me.

JungleBoogie
May 24, 2003
JungleBoogie Get down with the boogie
Anyone on the fence about getting the SU-122-44, here's a replay when I was top tier and had the just right amount of bads on my team as well as the red team.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1707497#windstorm-fooferton-su-122-44

I had a question about the CDC, is it like a more accurate FCM? I'm starting to get the hang of the latter and I think one of those with better gun handling would be great.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

maev posted:

I saw a quickybaby video where he said the 112 was a better is-6. I'm not taking his word as gospel or anything but why is he wrong?

It doesn't have the trolly spaced-armour track siding, it shoots the same gun slower, bad lower plate, bad bloom, worse engine, bad premium round, and no upside.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

JungleBoogie posted:

I had a question about the CDC, is it like a more accurate FCM? I'm starting to get the hang of the latter and I think one of those with better gun handling would be great.

It's got worse turret bloom (0,16 instead of 0,12) which probably outweighs the marginally improved base acc and aim time

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Valle posted:

Well, did you see that image showing spread before and after patch? According to that, yes there will be less shots hitting the very center of the reticle, but there will also be a lot more shots hitting just outside the very middle, and fewer towards the edges. So...yeah.

I did right after posting. How the gently caress did they think that would fix snapshots? :psyduck:

Also I'm frantically skimming like 30 pages of you guys shitposting so it might take a while before I'm caught up, RIP.

e:

Hellsau you are some kind of shitclan anthropologist and I love you for it.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 14, 2015

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

maev posted:

I saw a quickybaby video where he said the 112 was a better is-6. I'm not taking his word as gospel or anything but why is he wrong?

He's not wrong

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rossmum posted:

How the gently caress did they think that would fix snapshots? :psyduck:

I'm kinda suspecting that was just PR and they did it to tone down 500 m cupola sniping.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

It doesn't have the trolly spaced-armour track siding, it shoots the same gun slower, bad lower plate, bad bloom, worse engine, bad premium round, and no upside.

The upside is vastly improved ufp and turret armor and passability meaning you are faster than an is-6 over most terrain.

If you ever get a chance to facehug an is-6 in a 112 you won't take a point of damage.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

DonkeyHotay posted:

The upside is vastly improved ufp and turret armor and passability meaning you are faster than an is-6 over most terrain.

If you ever get a chance to facehug an is-6 in a 112 you won't take a point of damage.

If you're just dueling an IS-6 sure, but you can't do enough damage in a game to matter. Facehugging just means you'll get shot in the side. The IS-6 is a great bully because it bouncy armour all-around. The 112 can't bully hard.

Also I would just shoot the little cupola, and I'm pretty sure I have before.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
loving up in a T-34 by rushing too far can be fun.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

wow you were really unlucky with your shot placement, so many of them getting eaten by tracks.

Such is the Sturer Emil.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

kemikalkadet posted:

Pro abbey strats
we won

You won because you controlled the map, and your players wanted to have fun. Abbey rush seems like fun, and people who actually have fun with the game rather than hide in a corner are generally better and win more.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

The accuracy nerf never felt like much of a nerf, the amount of poo poo that seems to land on snap shots feels really high. I've had a lot of hits from things that in the past wouldn't have gotten near me.

The nerf is very noticeable only when sniping from distance, it did however not change a thing about snapshotting.

Serval
May 12, 2011

"Dooooood! Everybody, run!!"
I don't usually post anything in this thread because I'm not a great player and I don't have anything to brag about but today...

Sand River, no arties, terribles pubbies:

Squiddite
Apr 15, 2001
Loligo vos omnes odet.
Sometimes pubbies want SO BADLY not to win that they do something truly unbelievable.

Don't get your panties too twisted about my sub-stellar vision control; it's the ending that matters.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

what the hell

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Serval posted:

I don't usually post anything in this thread because I'm not a great player and I don't have anything to brag about but today...

Sand River, no arties, terribles pubbies:

Old game, but sand river assault with no arty can be a fun 10 minutes of plinking shells off tanks.

Also just had this game. M6 still my favourite tier 6 heavy, it can hold its own in t8 games as long as people leave you alone.

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 15, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Squiddite posted:

Sometimes pubbies want SO BADLY not to win that they do something truly unbelievable.

Don't get your panties too twisted about my sub-stellar vision control; it's the ending that matters.

I'm going to watch this right now, but I'm typing this sentence in because I suspect the end of this match is going to make me very very angry.

welp watched it please ban that piece of poo poo. There's no reason to allow someone with 12 thousand battles and a 48% winrate to continue playing. Oh also he threw a match intentionally which also should be bannable.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Rothmog posted:

For clarification: I have the Patton(T9), hate it and didn't keep any tanks in the line. I unlocked the E5, didn't buy it, and only kept the T29 in the line. I have E100, love to poo poo on people with HEAT, and kept everything from the 3601 through the E100.

The Patton is awesome, you're a dumb.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Jesus Christ I've been missing some phenomenal posts, why do you guys wait until I'm gone to do this?

e:

Agrajag posted:

My guess is, as another post said earlier, they are either having crazy high turnover for new players or losing whales.

Oh god, it's me. I'm the whale. I stopped playing like a month and a half ago.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Squiddite posted:

I'm phone posting please tell me what happened

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

rossmum posted:

Oh god, it's me. I'm the whale. I stopped playing like a month and a half ago.

Same.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Axetrain posted:

Thats what makes them the easiest targets to troll. Some vet was going on about his "service" and told him the standard spiel about being a welfare queen/bullet sponge/school dropout and he asked me if I have ever served and I told him I served his mother last night. He absolutely wentoff in chat for the rest of the game about how horrible this disrespect is and I should walk into a recruiters office to "man" up. I was in the military and I know from experience how very thin skinned alot of them are.

The most supremely moto guy I ever met was a quartermaster, because he tried for infantry and couldn't get in due to colourblindness. You'd think he was SF from the way he talked and acted.

People who prance around thinking their poo poo doesn't stink just because they were in the military are loving insufferable and I have to wonder what exactly it was they did, or how long they were in, for them to be so desperate for approval.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Huh, you'd think that seeing colours would be important for colour coding stuff, which I'm sure might come up in quarter mastery.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

e: boatpost.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

I got all of two seconds on test before torrentgeddon, but some immediate impressions: the AMX has wonderful mobility, the new HD models are pretty nice but some of them don't play nice with camo, and the new chat font/size is awful.

More pressing, what the gently caress did they nerf medium guns for? I get that power creep is an issue, and mediums have some pretty great guns at tier 10, but by nerfing silver pen all they are doing is encouraging gold-slinging from most of them and utterly loving over the British mediums. This after they already hosed the Cent once by nerfing its turret, too. Unbelievable.

Heavy drivers are by far the worst scum in the game. Of all the idiots that play WoT, heavy drivers stand out in the stupidity stakes by an order of magnitude. Battleship players are exactly the same in boats. They're both the easiest classes to play and require little other than a pulse and a functional mouse. Obviously they do require some skill to be good in, but the bar is much much lower and it shows. All the loving shitters piss and moan about how everything except their precious heavy tank is unfair/OP until everything else gets nerfed, same with BB drivers and the endless torp whining.

gently caress heavy drivers. I hope WG nerf the poo poo out of them next patch just to spite them (but of course they won't, because the very biggest whales are 44% E 100 drivers).

Khagan posted:

Did Mittani stream boatse last night?

Laz did on the TMC stream, yes.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Prav posted:

Kinda digging the 0,15/0,14 bloom Batchat. 9.7 test is up now by the way.

Stock AMX 30 proto looks kinda goofy but I can't capture it in a picture for the life of me. Looks like an easy grind, it gets access to the 100 mm SA47 and only needs springs to mount it.

e: for some random weirdness the pen nerfs mean that the 50 100 and Lorraine have more APCR pen than the Batchat.
ee: and the T25/2 outpens the M48 :psyduck:

Mind if I ask for how much exp it costs fdor the AMX 30 proto?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Can you also tell us how much exp we need on the 13-90, or whatever tank the new branch comes from?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

~190k for the AMX 30P. Bring another 35k free exp if you don't have the SA47 unlocked because the stock gun is the F3.

rossmum posted:

More pressing, what the gently caress did they nerf medium guns for? I get that power creep is an issue, and mediums have some pretty great guns at tier 10, but by nerfing silver pen all they are doing is encouraging gold-slinging from most of them and utterly loving over the British mediums. This after they already hosed the Cent once by nerfing its turret, too. Unbelievable.

Word is that it's an experiment and that they're also looking at nerfing a bunch of gold shells. Buuuuuut if it hurts the Cents I'm all for it. Dumb, boring tanks.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I don't particularly like the pen nerf on the STB-1.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i had a brief moment where i considered reinstalling this game but rational thought quickly won out, but i felt i should let the rest of you know that not playing this game is some Real Good poo poo and i highly recommend it

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Agrajag posted:

I don't particularly like the pen nerf on the STB-1.

at least it got some offsetting buffs unlike the complete gently caress you they handed to most of the TDs (that were just nerfed one whole patch ago)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Control Volume posted:

i had a brief moment where i considered reinstalling this game but rational thought quickly won out, but i felt i should let the rest of you know that not playing this game is some Real Good poo poo and i highly recommend it

Boats is fun but more than half of each game is composed of absolutely worthless players. Just like Tanks!

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

rossmum posted:

More pressing, what the gently caress did they nerf medium guns for? ...nerfing silver pen all they are doing is encouraging gold-slinging from most of them and utterly loving over the British mediums. This after they already hosed the Cent once by nerfing its turret, too. Unbelievable.

Outside of gold slinging my guess is its to get medium drivers to flank cause IMO they didn't have much trouble aiming weakspots when playing the terrain or peek-a-boo game (e.g STB on Prok middle or hill). Though I haven't touched the game since around October last year.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If they wanted medium tanks to flank then they wouldn't make all maps 3 lane dota maps.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Can't flank when the maps are all corridors.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Hellsau, I want to say thank you for recommending the comedy 37mm autocannon on the MT-25. When it works, its so incredibly satisfying to just grind some poor idiot to dust. Really burns through the money though firing APCR out of it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

when I congratulate my fellow tankers on their good botting, sometimes they're not pleased.

Kainelestat1974 (3:35:50 PM) nah you uninstall i dont bot never have if you think that then that is you budd have a good day contact me again accusing me of anything and I will report you for harassment :-)

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Kainelestat1974/1000995345/

drat maybe I was mistaken?