Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Whatever happened to everyone playing Swordsman Online? Did the game turn into a hilarious clusterfuck to the level of Age of Wushu or just not have any staying power?

I feel the need for a kung fu MMO in my life.

It was really bad.

Please be looking forward to Moonlight Blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Swordsman turned into a massive grindfest at level 50.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
you are a mod now, how the mighty have changed colors and icons

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm an IK until they can find some more GBS mods.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Unsurprised that nobody wants to mod there.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

angerbeet posted:

I'm an IK until they can find some more GBS mods.

Murder everyone who posts in the Hellthread over and over again for the same post if they disrespect gaming, friend :wooper:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

angerbeet posted:

Swordsman turned into a massive grindfest at level 50.

I'm still bummed at how fast Swordsman went downhill post level 40. Could have been neat if the systems went anywhere and it wasn't so constricted and grindy.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hole Wolf posted:

It was really bad.

Please be looking forward to Moonlight Blade.

I unironically am.

Maybe I'll give Age of Wulin a shot.

(Please kill me.)

ArdanSortek
Jun 19, 2011

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I unironically am.

Maybe I'll give Age of Wulin a shot.

(Please kill me.)

Break Meridians. (e: Sorry, just had to say it)

Would be interested in Moonlight Blade if or when it comes out.

ArdanSortek fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Feb 9, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kegslayer posted:

The only thing I miss about wushu now is hearing you talk about your dog :3:

So far he has one cat friend in the neighborhood and is working on the others.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
It's been like a year and a half since I last played Age of Wushu for real, but I had to drop in to say that I'm going to be going to Mount Emei this summer. Finally I will learn- and report back- the proper pronunciation.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Zipline posted:

It's been like a year and a half since I last played Age of Wushu for real, but I had to drop in to say that I'm going to be going to Mount Emei this summer. Finally I will learn- and report back- the proper pronunciation.

Good luck mate, it's got vowels we don't even got in english.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Zipline posted:

It comes out sounding like "whe-meh", from what I've heard it pronounced

Most everyone just called it "em-mey" so close enough :v:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's clearly uuh-mai

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I thought it was pronounced "Hitler did nothing wrong", though that might have just been Katniss.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
I always thought it was "eee-mai" but maybe that's just me. I'll probably save a sound clip of the locals pronouncing it and upload over a VPN, unsure.

It's funny, the professor writing my letter of recommendation for the study abroad program is Chinese as well as a practitioner of Tai-Chi and Wing-Chun and he and I were able to have a convincing discussion about everything from Wudang philosophy to the Sunflower Manual, despite all of my knowledge coming from Age of Wushu and Kung Fu Hustle. He, uh, seemed decidedly less impressed when I let that slip.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
E-may

Also do we know when that next chinagame is supposed to be yet

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

according to steparu, the next Closed Beta is delayed indefinitely because of a combat system rework. Rumors are saying that a one of the developers mentioned it would be delayed as late as ten whole months.

that was november

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I found this at a store near me and started watching them. 17 hours of terrible kung fu movies. Halfway through Kung Fu of Seven Steps the dubbing just kinda stopped for five minutes, the main villain had less than five minutes of screen time (including the final battle and intro credits), and more backflips occurred than I would care to count. I wish I'd found this when we were doing drunk movie nights. The 7 Steps of Kung Fu is on Youtube as well.

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011
gently caress me I miss this dumb kung fu game.

I tried out Swordsman for a while but it didn't really hold a candle to early Wushu. I'll never get over the fact in Wushu a rabble of low-level ungeared peasants could decimate high-level powerplayers just by catching them in a never-ending combo. There's nothing better than raising a huge middlefinger to that whole 'quality over quantity' malarkey. The Wuxia theme is great but that was never why I gave Wushu a chance.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
So i logged back into age of wushu and i wandered around a bit before coming to old terrorists i knew and made insanely mad all day. Ive got about 6 offers of people wanting to buy me vip to make the game interesting again.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

StormBringer posted:

So i logged back into age of wushu and i wandered around a bit before coming to old terrorists i knew and made insanely mad all day. Ive got about 6 offers of people wanting to buy me vip to make the game interesting again.

Don't play wushu, play monhun4 with me

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Haquer posted:

SnS owns.

Also this game is really good.

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 21, 2015

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

It's imposble to find mh4 in my area. It's crazy.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hy_C posted:

SnS owns.

Also this game is really good.

I mainly use glaive with SnS and CB on the side. That message popped up 60 hours into the game fighting the Frenzy Brachy fight in C*9 :v:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

randombattle posted:

It's imposble to find mh4 in my area. It's crazy.

Buy it off the eshop

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I can't even put into words how amazing this is

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What am I even doooooooooooooingggggggggg

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

randombattle posted:

Downloading a better version of a dumb chinagame? Nat and I are having fun so v:shobon:v

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

I'm looking for febreeze does anyone remember his SA account? :X

Also yes.. Wulin is actually a very nice version of chinagame, the company running it has been doing a good job, free VIP relativly smooth patches...
but honestly if you dont love wuxia, moving on to better games is propably smarter :ohdear:

Edit: fk me im dumb its the same name!

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 15, 2015

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

This one. Yo.
Sounds nice, but that's still a lot of time investment.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

FebrezeNinja posted:

This one. Yo.

Feb u still got leader? Aparantly wearing the tag annoys people without end and I want to be more annoying!

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Oh thought y'all meant Wulin.
Yeah sure let's see if this thing updates without crashing.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

FebrezeNinja posted:

Oh thought y'all meant Wulin.
Yeah sure let's see if this thing updates without crashing.

I play both.. well more or less I am working on my own project and like to watch how wushu makes people spent lots of money...

And no hurry Ill have a 24 hour guild cooldown anyway... im mostly in wushu because someone promised me Snowsword for free if I hang around .. and they actually delievered 3 books so far!

so whats everyone else been playing :P

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FebrezeNinja posted:

This one. Yo.

Yeah if it weren't for the fact that wushu is so railroaded and so time-based that you have to base your life around the playtimes available I might look at wulin.

Instead I'm playing on my 3DS because it's portable and I can shut it anytime (other than hunting monsters online).

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Feb im XiaoYiling in Wushu now but you can also poke me in skype natalyeluna if u wanna :)

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

randombattle posted:

Hey, join the club. For some reason LongDong and I downloaded it on a whim about a month ago, to both our surprise we're still playing. I have no idea what to make of that. Still the same dumb chinagame, but it's impressive how much of a difference not being Snail makes.

If you see Pretty-Boy or LongDongHong say hello!

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 16, 2015

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Iowa posted:

Hey, join the club. For some reason LongDong and I downloaded it on a whim about a month ago, to both our surprise we're still playing. I have no idea what to make of that. Still the same dumb chinagame, but it's impressive how much of a difference not being Snail makes.

If you see Pretty-Boy or LongDongHong say hello!

You are Pretty-Boy? I killed you while you were spying (Soysaucè)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GreatestNerdEver posted:

You are Pretty-Boy? I killed you while you were spying (Soysaucè)

...Was that today? Were you the lady running around with a windrunner? I got killed about 6 times today trying to spy on Wudang, so it's kind of hard to remember specifics.

On a sidenote, I have an excursion question. I know that bumps your school inners and skills down to a certain level, but are you totally locked out from using them while excursioned?

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 16, 2015