Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Jayisspecial posted:

Sneaky admitted on his stream at one point that he prefers to duo with Meteos instead of Lemon because he sees Lemon making mistakes and, unlike Meteos, he takes their work together very serious and it ends up pissing him off. Other people allow him to chill out. He also rarely invites Hai and only offers up "he's too trolly" when he explains why. I think "too trolly" actually means "he sucks." Add to that Hai's insights on his own performance and how frustrations were mounting in their scrims because of his poor performance and I just can't really draw any other conclusion. It's pretty evident than Sneaky is extremely competitive and he's really the only one putting up the numbers on his team this split.

Meteos is also playing well, and I think Balls is a player who still has skill he just isn't practicing the right things/hard enough. Hai obviously just has issues, he's got a shallow champion pool probably in part because his physical issues are significant and I doubt he really practices as much as say Bjerg. Lemonation is just meh, he was ahead of the curve on emphasizing P/B in NA but now that every team has coaches and poo poo his value is mostly gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Calax posted:

I admit a part of me is hoping for CLG sneaky so the Aphromoo bromance can properly blossom.

I'm hoping that too because I'm not sure if that would mean Doublelift Mid and Link jungle or just Doublelift jungle.

Savage Cracker posted:

I did. I figured they'd love that kind of poo poo. You can even see how I failed to properly crop the image in the bottom right corner. I wanted to add some faces of GE in their bunny suits similar to the faces of Alex, Froggen and Peke in the Qt pic but that got way too complicated :v:

Congrats on Reddit gold then. Not sure what that is but I think it means Reddit loves you.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

:boom:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

K8.0 posted:

Meteos is also playing well, and I think Balls is a player who still has skill he just isn't practicing the right things/hard enough. Hai obviously just has issues, he's got a shallow champion pool probably in part because his physical issues are significant and I doubt he really practices as much as say Bjerg. Lemonation is just meh, he was ahead of the curve on emphasizing P/B in NA but now that every team has coaches and poo poo his value is mostly gone.

I see people talk about his health issues a lot. I thought his lung collapsed? I mean that's not really an ongoing issue so that can't be it. What's wrong with him?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
He's got one of the most serious cases of noobitis I've ever seen.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

rabidsquid posted:

I see people talk about his health issues a lot. I thought his lung collapsed? I mean that's not really an ongoing issue so that can't be it. What's wrong with him?

He never lifted a weight in his life and now his tiny wrists are crumbling.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

The earring makes his head unbalanced causing him to suffer from constant vertigo during games.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
From inven

quote:

• 인삼은맛있어: 김동준 : 브라질이 1 : 7로 진게 이런 느낌인가 싶네요..... 멘탈터진다 ㅠㅠ

• Translation: Is this what Brazil felt like when they lost 1:7... my mental is exploding T.T

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

He's got one of the most serious cases of noobitis I've ever seen.

K8.0 posted:

He never lifted a weight in his life and now his tiny wrists are crumbling.

Zerilan posted:

The earring makes his head unbalanced causing him to suffer from constant vertigo during games.

This is so much to overcome, no wonder C9 is such an underdog story

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

WE beat GE Tigers?

Their sub players must be out of their mind.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
TSM is going to be the literal best team in the world I'm crying.... This must be how Boston fans felt in 2004... we're so close now...

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

TSM is going to be the literal best team in the world I'm crying.... This must be how Boston fans felt in 2004... we're so close now...

The sun is rising over the bay and the bros are in full bloom

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
please be aware that if tsm win iem, being a tsm fan itt is mandatory and doubters should be banned on sight

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Lovechop posted:

please be aware that if tsm win iem, being a tsm fan itt is mandatory and doubters should be banned on sight

supporting a team because they won a tournament is hosed up imo

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

SC Bracer posted:

i cant hear you over the sound of tsm chants you're gonna have to speak up mate

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

SC Bracer posted:

What about the fair-weather WE fans in this very thread? IMO everyone in this thread should have been a TSM fan from the beginning. It's really hosed up that people itt don't care about America.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Silento posted:

What about the fair-weather WE fans in this very thread? IMO everyone in this thread should have been a TSM fan from the beginning. It's really hosed up that people itt don't care about America.

plastics, the lot of them.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

if u really think about it GE Tigers are underdogs in a way

fuk u assohle :reject:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They're barely TSM at this point. They don't do dumb poo poo like baylife anymore cause they actually have talent.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Inven is going to be hysterical around now. Twitch.tv has died for me too

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2z21rt/spoilers_inven_reactions_to_get_vs_we/

He's doing rough translations of the page.

Leviathan talking about how Gambit went into the CJ and WE teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82m8nmD9Wc

Calax fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 15, 2015

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
This tournament owns.

Zanael posted:

It's also a rip-off a two years old ASUS ROG ad made by the O'Gaming guys (those behind the Tales of the Lane and Kings of Europe tournaments)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CRWFrjbDtc

That one's a rip-off of a Nike ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLzUJFM6o8Y

That also spawned one of the greatest parody ads in history imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qknteb8Klo

Someone should really make the gamer version of that one.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
What time do the finals start tomorrow. I'm thinking its at 6pm local time in katowice, which would be 1pm EST and 10am PST. Can anyone confirm? I'm looking at the IEM schedule website and it doesn't have a great deal of info.

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

C9 are the absolute best of the 'group of guys who play League together and never replace people because they're friends' teams, but no other teams like that have managed to survive in NA (and every competitive region had abandoned that model before NA did). Under that more 'group of bros' and not 'professional sports team' model of things, they're probably the best Western team. It's just that every other team has adjusted to the new reality (you need to pick new players if you have long-term underperformers), whereas C9 had enough native talent on their team (and great teamfighting) that they were able to stay on top of things for a really long time. The situation is only going to get worse, though - even if C9 somehow managed to pick up the gold in the NALCS this spring, it's going to be even harder in summer, and even harder the next spring. They've really gotta start dumping underperformers and accepting the short-term losses that entails. Virtually every other team keeps an eye out for new talent, and teams with good coaches and managers tend to be able to integrate them really well.

K8.0 posted:

Meteos is still a solid jungler, but C9 feels a lot like old CLG - without Sneaky, they're very weak. Balls is solid but out of meta, but Hai and Lemonnation are both dragging C9 down. Hai is a strategic weakness (easy to ban out, easy to punish and camp compared to most mids), and while Lemon isn't terrible, he brings far, far less to the table than Aphroomoo, Xpecial, Lustboy, or Bunny. While I'm a C9 fan, I figure they either get with the times and start replacing their weak links or drop from 1st, to 2nd, to 3rd, and eventually down to a mid-tier LCS team where they'll probably stay.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

exethan posted:

What time do the finals start tomorrow. I'm thinking its at 6pm local time in katowice, which would be 1pm EST and 10am PST. Can anyone confirm? I'm looking at the IEM schedule website and it doesn't have a great deal of info.

Noon my time (iowa) so your numbers are correct. They really hide it on the site but when you got to "Schedule LoL" it puts them into your timezone automatically

http://en.intelextrememasters.com/season9/worldchampionship/#Schedule-LoL

As to C9, I feel like they're gonna get a shake up after the split is over. They've not been performing great as we've noticed, and I'm betting that the management is noticing too. I bet they won't do anything mid split because they're not in the same position as Coast, so they have time to try out different people rather than "ABANDON SHIP WITH GOOD PLAYERS!"

Calax fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 15, 2015

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I feel like TSM is still a bunch of bros. It's real obvious they all like each other and are friends and hang out together outside of game. In general you have to be really loving up to get cut. Chaox got kicked for for showing up to a tourney hungover and late. Regi benched himself for being terrible. Xpecial got kicked for being a huge downer and I think at this point we can safely say that was a smart decision after all this nonsense with Piglet. Oddone and Amazing leftr on their own volition and Gleeb was literally going crazy.

Edit: Dyrus is why I became a TSM fan. It's crazy to think about how he has been on the scene since Season 1. I think of the 3 old dudes still kicking around from back then (him, saint, and double) he's probably the best. Other than being a really bad rumble for 3 seasons now, it's pretty impressive that he always manages to stay current in the meta. I think he does best on tanky assholes like Sion and Maokai, but he's played carry tops like Jax back when they were a thing and just this tournament he's played Lissandra and Lulu pretty well. Double will tunnelvision something stupid, saint will miss smites, but Dyrus always just... does his job. Gets camped to poo poo all the time, still comes out looking ok.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 15, 2015

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

I feel like TSM is still a bunch of bros. It's real obvious they all like each other and are friends and hang out together outside of game. In general you have to be really loving up to get cut. Chaox got kicked for for showing up to a tourney hungover and late. Regi benched himself for being terrible. Xpecial got kicked for being a huge downer and I think at this point we can safely say that was a smart decision after all this nonsense with Piglet. Oddone and Amazing leftr on their own volition and Gleeb was literally going crazy.

I think the biggest reason I root for TSM now is because of this and because Dyrus is just so adorably happy after every big win.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

TSM feels less like a bunch of bros and more like an organized team which understands that managing talent is just as (if not more) important than signing talent. They get a lot of attention for their willingness to hunt down and snag star players, but they're also clearly committed fostering camaraderie between those players so that the talent can actually gel into a winning team.

I'm not their biggest fan, but you have to respect the effort they've put in over the last few season to build and maintain a competitive stable.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
What a crazy tourney. Figures it goes nuts when I'm too busy to watch.

Froskurinn explains how crazy and unpredictable WE showing up like this is.

Amazing that with those mediocre subs and questionable players they managed to do so well.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

TSM feels less like a bunch of bros and more like an organized team which understands that managing talent is just as (if not more) important than signing talent. They get a lot of attention for their willingness to hunt down and snag star players, but they're also clearly committed fostering camaraderie between those players so that the talent can actually gel into a winning team.

I'm not their biggest fan, but you have to respect the effort they've put in over the last few season to build and maintain a competitive stable.

I'm guessing either summer split or in 2016 you'll see a lot of other teams beginning to sign around who can gel in terms of attitude rather than just based on their mechanical performance. I mean it seems like such an obvious thing, but right now it's more about names and mechanics than how well they work with the other people on their team.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Got home and Game 3 just started its repeat. Cocky fuckers laughing after that game 2 loss.

I sorta hope WE win it all because they deserve it after taking down GE but either team winning is awesome.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Who is the other sub for WE besides Xiye? Xiye is a god by the way.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Mystic or whatever his name is I think

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Mystic, who had a brief stint on Jin Air Falcons/Stealths, laning with Icebear (AKA Casper/Wraith) and was unremarkable

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Huh, Mystic was a teammate to Fenix. Fenix was a top laner at the time.

Jin Air Falcons in Spring of 2014. Miso/Fenix top, RealFoxy jungle, GBM mid, Mystic AD and Kish support.

Calax fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 15, 2015

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Chinese league is extremely entertaining because its kill after kill after kill.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Zerilan posted:

I think the biggest reason I root for TSM now is because of this and because Dyrus is just so adorably happy after every big win.

it's pretty :unsmith: when u realise that dyrus finally defeated Shy after all these years now

i hated tsm for a long time but it is literally impossible to hate lustboy and any team he is with. he is the best guy.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
I figured that would be the case, bonus points for using Eagles of Death Metal, Nike. The parody is great too

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Dade on Ryze vs Weiless on Chogath. China :allears:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

I think Locodoco has also had a huge impact on the team. We really saw differences after he was hired and now that he can be on comms during pick ban TSM has had a much more solid pick ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

Everyone on TSM is likable now

• Locked thread