Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
:bsdsnype:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Jonad posted:

taking 20 minutes to get to second base is pretty good for the average moba player

the whole game was 17 minutes and I took my natural after a normal 1/1/1 he was just pissed due to being brutally owned

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blackula: i enjoyed the céline dion taste book a lot ty :3:

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
i dled starcraft 2 last night and did some of the tutorials. it's weird getting back into the flow of an actual rts after playing dota for like 2 years

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

TAINT CAM

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so is starships poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
goddamn. i like hotline miami 2 but those levels are way too big

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdtrjC_5Cwo

i remobed about a jillion video embeds b.c it exploded my compy (UBUNTU GNOME, CHROME, ASUS ROG i7 GTX 670m) -smythe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
cool??

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The level design in most of Hotline Miami 2 is pretty bad compared to the original but still pretty fun and the soundtrack owns

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fabricated posted:

The level design in most of Hotline Miami 2 is pretty bad compared to the original but still pretty fun and the soundtrack owns

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muuMJGe_8sg

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fabricated posted:

yeah, the soundtrack is absolutely excellent

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

a house in Cities Skylines has a frowny face and i dont know why, is there a way to see?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Deviant posted:

a house in Cities Skylines has a frowny face and i dont know why, is there a way to see?

right click it

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

bump_fn posted:

right click it

doesnt that bulldoze things? I know it de-zones.

edit: does nothing.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i pwned teh vid spamm0r

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Smythe posted:

i pwned teh vid spamm0r

whats ur opinion on HotS

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

bump_fn posted:

whats ur opinion on HotS

heroes of the storm or heart of the swarm?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Smythe posted:

heroes of the storm or heart of the swarm?

lol nice trap post the one that isn't a poo poo moba lol

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Improbable Lobster posted:

yeah, the soundtrack is absolutely excellent

hell yeah

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

goddamn. i like hotline miami 2 but those levels are way too big

yeah it really cuts down on improvisation

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
they changed it for consoles that's why you gotta use guns more

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

republic of gamers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

bump_fn posted:

lol nice trap post the one that isn't a poo poo moba lol

its good

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

Smythe posted:

its good

hmm.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

Smythe posted:

its good

what parts do you like about it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GBS.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Nayato posted:

what parts do you like about it

playing the newst iteration of starcraft. any other moronic questions?

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

oh i thought you were saying that heroes is good.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

they changed it for consoles that's why you gotta use guns more

do you HAVE to? I mainly just save them for the big dudes who can't be hurt by melee

I dance in doorways and make dudes run after me lmao

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

video games

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

setafd posted:

do you HAVE to? I mainly just save them for the big dudes who can't be hurt by melee

I dance in doorways and make dudes run after me lmao

There are situations where there are dudes crouched behind cover and basically have to be shot because I don't think you can get close to them otherwise.

It's really annoying because a lot of the levels are massive and have literally 30+ enemies in them with at least 5 of those being "specials" (the dogs, the big guys who can survive for a bit after being shot etc.), and you will frequently get shot from some dude off-screen you couldn't see at all (I'd say something like 60% of my deaths are due to this). Due to the sheer number of enemies ammo is always a serious issue and with the uzi-like weapons you end up trying to conserve ammo but it's really hard to shoot in bursts without loving up by either shooting too much so you run out of ammo when a special enemy is still alive, or too little and a dude gets through.

One late-ish levels took the opposite approach and put you in a confined space with way-too-hard enemy layout. You entered a door and two melee guys rush you, OK no biggie. However, just a bit further are a machine gun dude AND a bodyguard dude (the big dudes you mentioned), except you're not able to get a gun yet. You have to somehow get close enough to the shotgun dude to kill him or at least stun him to get his gun, and use it to kill the bodyguard and hope you can dodge his rushing around (and who paces in-step with the shotgun guy like 2 steps away). The next floor is tiny but has dogs, three bodyguards and like 20 guys (mostly with firearms).

Levels require insane planning and trial-and-error to figure out who has which weapons, where which enemies respond to gunfire noises, and in later levels I had to flat-out cheese the A.I. and exploit bugs to consistently make progress (there are ways to fake your way past dogs around corners, for example). It quickly devolves into working out how to get what you need to take out the specials and hoping luck is on your side so guard X doesn't quickdraw against you.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Nayato posted:

oh i thought you were saying that heroes is good.

I'm hoping it's good. I really don't want to have to sink tons of hours into lol or dota just to get barley competent. I have heard people call it dota for babies. That sounds like a ringing endorsement for me and many others.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

univbee posted:

There are situations where there are dudes crouched behind cover and basically have to be shot because I don't think you can get close to them otherwise.

It's really annoying because a lot of the levels are massive and have literally 30+ enemies in them with at least 5 of those being "specials" (the dogs, the big guys who can survive for a bit after being shot etc.), and you will frequently get shot from some dude off-screen you couldn't see at all (I'd say something like 60% of my deaths are due to this). Due to the sheer number of enemies ammo is always a serious issue and with the uzi-like weapons you end up trying to conserve ammo but it's really hard to shoot in bursts without loving up by either shooting too much so you run out of ammo when a special enemy is still alive, or too little and a dude gets through.

One late-ish levels took the opposite approach and put you in a confined space with way-too-hard enemy layout. You entered a door and two melee guys rush you, OK no biggie. However, just a bit further are a machine gun dude AND a bodyguard dude (the big dudes you mentioned), except you're not able to get a gun yet. You have to somehow get close enough to the shotgun dude to kill him or at least stun him to get his gun, and use it to kill the bodyguard and hope you can dodge his rushing around (and who paces in-step with the shotgun guy like 2 steps away). The next floor is tiny but has dogs, three bodyguards and like 20 guys (mostly with firearms).

Levels require insane planning and trial-and-error to figure out who has which weapons, where which enemies respond to gunfire noises, and in later levels I had to flat-out cheese the A.I. and exploit bugs to consistently make progress (there are ways to fake your way past dogs around corners, for example). It quickly devolves into working out how to get what you need to take out the specials and hoping luck is on your side so guard X doesn't quickdraw against you.

i got real good at timinig when to shoot a gun down a long hallway but again the RNG decides how well this goes. if a level has a lovely combination of enemies you can always back out to main menu and hope something better comes along (i think in deathwish i used this to get two knife guys on the dodge roll guy floor)

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Deviant posted:

click on it you maroon

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just finished a post grad degree, so I probably read more books than you have in your entire life. :D

my post-grad degree is literally in reading and writing so probably not

e: are there good books about video games

Blackula69 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 15, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Blackula69 posted:

my post-grad degree is literally in reading and writing so probably not

e: are there good books about video games
lmao no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just finished a post grad degree, so I probably read more books than you have in your entire life. :D

what for-profit craphole gives degrees in shitposting

• Locked thread