Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'll do it then

:tizzy:

gently caress YOU ZAKOUR

e: seriously, this is as trite and lovely as people who make 9/11 tributes with their loving Sonic fancharacters looking sad.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (March 17, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean gives me something non Sir Terry related to be pissed off about.

Bob "Bats" Kane, you say? Not Sheldon "Ripped Off By His Bosses" Moldoff? Somebody didn't do his homework.

ABSORBING :bang: loving :bang: JUNIOR :bang: I still can't deal. Sorry.

Classic Popeye Sunday, in which Wimpy puts his innate masochism to constructive use. (c. 1940)

Pogo jumps back to 1968 and lands with both feet down in the dumps. (January 7, 1968)

Out Our Way (October 25-26, 1926)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 15, 2015

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Zarkour you can kiss the fattest part of my rear end.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

No. She'll post them all on Facebook eventually. Then you can just check that.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I don't know, that's about on par with Star Fox or Metroid.

On the Fastrack

Clearly she expects you to make it happen with your black hat skillz.

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

The crappiest part of being a detective is how often your house gets broken into and ransacked. It's like unpaid overtime and job costs on a monthly basis.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Neat sheep. But it's not just cute animals. You can merchandise animated inanimate objects. Just look at Disney/Pixar Cars.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean gives me something non Sir Terry related to be pissed off about.

Bob "Bats" Kane, you say? Not Sheldon "Ripped Off By His Bosses" Moldoff? Somebody didn't do his homework.

That's counterbalanced by the fact that Sal Buscema is pretty much comics' #1 underrated workhorse, and any time he gets some recognition outside of Bronze Age weirdos like myself, the better.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

:tizzy:

gently caress YOU ZAKOUR

e: seriously, this is as trite and lovely as people who make 9/11 tributes with their loving Sonic fancharacters looking sad.

If he actually gave a drat about Star Trek, he would've put Harve Bennett in there and dressed everyone in the movie uniforms.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Everyone missed Luann's Star Wars wedding. Apparently theme weddings are cool if your criminal room mate suggests it but lame if a professional wedding planner does.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Man, a simple background would have made that Bleeker look a million times better

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Then just go loving join Apple or Google! :tizzy: Seriously, you hate everyone at your current job, and since you're apparently so drat talented, I bet you'd get whatever wage you want elsewhere.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Midnight Moth posted:

The crappiest part of being a detective is how often your house gets broken into and ransacked. It's like unpaid overtime and job costs on a monthly basis.

No glass on the ground inside, Slylock broke out his own window for the insurance money.
:dangersay:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Then just go loving join Apple or Google! :tizzy: Seriously, you hate everyone at your current job, and since you're apparently so drat talented, I bet you'd get whatever wage you want elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure Apple and Google have "no calling your boss (let alone a C-level) an idiot shithead moron" policies on the books, though.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Midnight Moth posted:

That's a lovely horse! Or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'll do it then

I sincerely hope this isn't how any of you are finding out. :ohdear:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Zarkour you can kiss the fattest part of my rear end.

I love Thompson's depiction of the chaos of Alice playing.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Midnight Moth posted:

Everyone missed Luann's Star Wars wedding. Apparently theme weddings are cool if your criminal room mate suggests it but lame if a professional wedding planner does.

I cant tell if I'm relieved or disappointed they didnt gently caress up and draw Luke/Leia instead

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Midnight Moth posted:

I think he's just reading off of a pamphlet from somewhere.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I like the fires.

Mary Worth

Suddenly you can't shut Gordy up. Oh, and Praise Mary.

Rex Morgan MD

She looks better, I think. Less like a mid-transition warwilf/Romulan (I think those were two comparisons made here) and more like a real actual person. I also think the woman in panel 3 foreground is clinically depressed.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Julet Esqu posted:

I sincerely hope this isn't how any of you are finding out. :ohdear:

If I didn't know I wouldn't be finding out from this piece of poo poo because it makes no sense. How is beaming onto the Enterprise analogous to death? Yes, I know those three Trek actors are also dead, but so loving what?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unkempt posted:

If I didn't know I wouldn't be finding out from this piece of poo poo because it makes no sense. How is beaming onto the Enterprise analogous to death? Yes, I know those three Trek actors are also dead, but so loving what?
Heaven's Bridge.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Unkempt posted:

He had nothing to do with Star Trek.

Are we sure that Zakour is a human being and not some sort of weird AI that doesn't quite understand the subtleties and nuances of what real human people do and think and feel?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Midnight Moth posted:

This would be a good wedding if the bridesmaids did a gigantic rail and then sang about Life Day.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'll do it then

"this guy nerds like died... he's probably from star trek"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Sally Forth

:words:

I mean, I read them all, but still.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ok, guys, time to help me out again. Hobgoblin. Any relation to Green Goblin?

Prince Valiant

Aww. :gbsmith:

Juliet Jones

If you'll excuse the weak attempt at humor- there's SOMETHING AWFUL around these parts! :downsrim:

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

The Phantom

Rip Haywire

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

"Big Ben Bolt" artwork is superb in general, but I really like Ben and Spider looking shocked, and this strip delivers.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ok, guys, time to help me out again. Hobgoblin. Any relation to Green Goblin?

Hobgoblin's been like, eight different people who found Green Goblin gear/juice stashed away and decided that a bombing spree suddenly sounded like a brilliant plan. I think there was an plot where they all fought each other a few years back.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Part of the issue with the Hobgoblin is that he was created with his identity intended to be a mystery with a definitive, preplanned answer... and then the writer left the book and it quickly turned into a contradictory and confusing roulette of people who were the Hobgoblin and retcons about who was the Hobgoblin first. This one is probably Roderick Kingsley?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mandrake the Magician (1942-11-29)

Reply All

The Ides of March is when Caesar was assassinated, not when the Roman Republic turned into the Roman empire. And what does that have to do with English?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Tiggum posted:

The Ides of March is when Caesar was assassinated, not when the Roman Republic turned into the Roman empire. And what does that have to do with English?

I guess it's because the Shakespeare play popularized the phrase "beware the Ides of March"? Mostly just reads like some bizarre attempt to differentiate themselves from the Pi Day pack.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

SomeMathGuy posted:

I guess it's because the Shakespeare play popularized the phrase "beware the Ides of March"? Mostly just reads like some bizarre attempt to differentiate themselves from the Pi Day pack.

It's almost worth making that cake just to confuse people.

I am considering it.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

You can still screencap Snapchat photos before they are deleted.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Geez Bleeker. Retail-Me-Not is more useful than you.

On the Fastrack

Why does everyone know all about Fi's online activity?

Safe Havens

Dodo pin-up posters. Gross.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SomeMathGuy posted:

Part of the issue with the Hobgoblin is that he was created with his identity intended to be a mystery with a definitive, preplanned answer... and then the writer left the book and it quickly turned into a contradictory and confusing roulette of people who were the Hobgoblin and retcons about who was the Hobgoblin first. This one is probably Roderick Kingsley?
"The writer left" so undersells the thing.

Stern invents the character and decides it's Roderick Kingsley, but everyone else guesses that too early, so to preserve the mystery he has Hobgoblin and Kingsley appear in the same panel because actually it's his twin brother David Kingsley!
He leaves, and his editor DeFalco asks who it really is so they can keep writing the storyline then decides a twin brother is a huge cop out and decides it will be Richard Fisk.
A new editor comes on, Owsley, and asks DeFalco who it is and because they hate each other DeFalco lies to him and says it's Ned Leeds - Owsley responds by promptly killing Ned Leeds off in another comic because that's how he rolls with editorial decisions, and Owsley decides Hobgoblin will be revealed to be z-list villain The Foreigner. The writer at the time says that's stupid because it could only be Ned Leeds based on the clues, so they decide that wow it was Ned Leeds the whole time and nobody gets a climactic fight resulting in an unmasking hope you guys liked this whole FOUR YEAR Hobgoblin story arc!

Of course this leaves an opening in Spider-man's "jetsetting goblin" list, so lovely knock-off goblin Jack O' Lantern gets promoted into being the Hobgoblin in the meantime.

Then years later Stern gets back in the seat and writes a story that establishes that Roderick Kingsley was the real Hobgoblin the whole time he just mind-controlled Ned Leeds into being caught to cover for himself, so he kills Jack O' Lantern and resumes being Hobgoblin.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Tiggum posted:

Not that day, no, but Caesar's death and the ensuing civil war led to the rise of Octavian/Augustus, who officially became the first Emperor a couple of years later. So it's not quite right, but it's not really wrong either.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Midnight Moth posted:

wtf

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ukonvasara posted:

Not that day, no, but Caesar's death and the ensuing civil war led to the rise of Octavian/Augustus, who officially became the first Emperor a couple of years later. So it's not quite right, but it's not really wrong either.

I'd say there being an entire civil war between the assassination and Augustus becoming emperor is kind of an important detail. And the whole transition from Republic to Empire was such a vague, drawn-out process that it seems kind of dumb to put any particular date on it. You could just as easily say that Julius Caesar was the first emperor.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Well, which lovely horse is it? :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Those arent unicorns.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Oops, I "forgot" to "tell" a "joke."

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert
b

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Uh, you look a little stoned in that last panel, there, Jane.

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn is still yesterday's.

Kliban

:psyduck:

9 Chickweed Lane 3/16/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Christ..

*drops mike* Take us on out, fuckbird...

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

My parents used to use "iforgotit" as the wifi password :eng99:

• Locked thread