Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I dunno the warface video is enough reason to hate them, get the douchechills just thinking about it but then I'm not aware of any other team having an equivalent video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
Are all of you too dumb to realize that the whole video was meant as some kind of joke/parody?

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
hate no-one and be at peace

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

If they had choked and the game went to OT, there would probably have been >1m viewers. You can hate them for that I guess

Actually, . :vince:

Ron
Apr 22, 2014

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
^^ Wow grats man you guessed a coinflip correctly.

Pretty good final, but I think DHW'14 was still better. Olofm put out a MVP-worthy performance during the whole tournament and allu finally played like he should during the final. Let's just hope that the Tec-9 gets fixed before the next one.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nev posted:

Are all of you too dumb to realize that the whole video was meant as some kind of joke/parody?
Hahah yes of course it is indeed a parody, Fnatic definitely meant to lampoon other videos like it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sadly that number is unique views or something, it's closer to ~970k. Still amazing nonetheless.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Those numbers are loving amazing. If CS continues growth at anything near this pace then it will overtake LoL in the West.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Can't make fun of betting because I bought imaginary stickers to get this instead of a burrito or something

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

RedQueen posted:

Can't make fun of betting because I bought imaginary stickers to get this instead of a burrito or something

:smug:

Ron
Apr 22, 2014

right with you guys, aswell

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I missed fnatic vs nip. Is there a twitch archive/rebroadcast of the match? I'd check out the demos but I'm stuck on my macbook and last time I loaded up cs on it all my settings got hosed and synced to the cloud.

e:thanks!

D O R K Y fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 15, 2015

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo/b/637209254?t=39m57s

here you go bro

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations

gently caress this garbage

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nev posted:

Judging by how they took it down when they got the reaction that, according to you, they were going for I'm gonna have to say it's you who's the dummy!

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I am glad that team evil won.

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

Necc0 posted:

Judging by how they took it down when they got the reaction that, according to you, they were going for I'm gonna have to say it's you who's the dummy!

I didn't say they were going for the reaction they got. They probably expected people to understand that the video was meant as a parody.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Nev posted:

I didn't say they were going for the reaction they got. They probably expected people to understand that the video was meant as a parody.

It was serious.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

If it were a parody, it wouldn't have been taken down in shame

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
During the tournament I noticed Fnatic took a couple timeouts (game paused mid match) to go over strats and reset. I didn't know that was allowed... did any other teams take timeouts?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Yeah, it's fairly common. IIRC there were a few pauses in the Keyd/VP game from both teams.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Navi had a few and I think Keyd did in their 1/4 final against VP?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

CloFan posted:

If it were a parody, it wouldn't have been taken down in shame

It also would have had some kind of joke or exaggeration of a lovely esports video in it

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
What is it with players and switching their weapons constantly as they run? I wouldn't mind it so much, except that as i'm watching people on my team do it they get caught out surprisingly often :argh:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

dogstile posted:

What is it with players and switching their weapons constantly as they run? I wouldn't mind it so much, except that as i'm watching people on my team do it they get caught out surprisingly often :argh:

I always just figured it was to keep their trigger fingers warmed up. I have to problem of just always refresh inspecting my knife and use the excuse that it keeps my strafing fingers warmed up.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

dogstile posted:

I hate it too. Worse is when I tell them to stop doing that when they're trying to clutch and they just tell me off cause "Whatever idiot I'm just so good at this I don't have to worry". *gets his head clicked because he swapped to knife as he turned a corner*

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
alright since this is the third major I've tried watching and getting drops from and received nothing, I'm a little confused as to how all the Twitch-Steam connectivity works

If I leave the stream on but in the background (as in not actively watching it) am I still eligible for a drop? If I am to receive a drop, how do I know, does it give me a steam notification like I get for trading cards or do I just have to open GO and hope?

also do the current games on the esl B stream work for drops

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Luna Was Here posted:

alright since this is the third major I've tried watching and getting drops from and received nothing, I'm a little confused as to how all the Twitch-Steam connectivity works

If I leave the stream on but in the background (as in not actively watching it) am I still eligible for a drop? If I am to receive a drop, how do I know, does it give me a steam notification like I get for trading cards or do I just have to open GO and hope?

Did you go into your settings and link the accounts (basically log in to steam via twitch)?

As far as actively watching vs. background watching: I've had dual windows open while watching all weekend doing other things and got 3 drops. You're just unlucky dude. Correction: it's really unlikely to get a drop. Especially during the final where viewership was around 1million people.

Unless of course you didn't successfully link your accounts. There should be a green check mark next to steam if you did it right.

Crain fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 15, 2015

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I got a drop from just idling.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
i've received a total of 5 drops split between two accounts, 2 of them were cobble stone packages

so all in all i've made a profit of 400 dollars from this event

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Did you go into your settings and link the accounts (basically log in to steam via twitch)?

As far as actively watching vs. background watching: I've had dual windows open while watching all weekend doing other things and got 3 drops. You're just unlucky dude. Correction: it's really unlikely to get a drop. Especially during the final where viewership was around 1million people.

Unless of course you didn't successfully link your accounts. There should be a green check mark next to steam if you did it right.

i linked my steam account back when this was first announced for dota tournamnets so its not that. i guess valve just hates me :v:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I got a case and it gave me a frickin negev

So everything worked out really well :tbear:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I was watching grill CS (going on now) and a couple of the players are genuinely good and the rest are like MGs so it's basically like one of those pubstomps with 1-2 smurfs on each team

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Crain posted:

I'm not an expert but it seemed to be ~0.1% of viewers per drop? It shows #viewers and #drops in the same window and they're only off that by a few boxes every time I've looked.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

got my first 30 minute competitive cooldown for intentionally killing someone in spawn, poo poo feels good sometimes :v:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I got a case and it gave me a frickin negev

So everything worked out really well :tbear:

I got 2 mag-7s out of two of my drops. Least I got a P250 out of the other.

Antares posted:

I'm not an expert but it seemed to be ~0.1% of viewers per drop? It shows #viewers and #drops in the same window and they're only off that by a few boxes every time I've looked.

So what does getting 3 total drops any/or getting 2 drops on a single map mean? drat I'm lucky.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

:smuggo:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Luna Was Here posted:

so long as your twitch is connected to your steam (you can check this in your settings -> connections), you should be eligible. Twitch does not notify you of a drop though, nor does steam, if you get one it will show up the next time you start go.

Also the chances are a total crapshoot. Depending on how many people are watching and how many rounds there are it's probably somewhere between a 1 in like 30 to 1 and 100 chance. You just weren't lucky this time dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

I got 86 points as well, only had two wrong predictions the whole tourney. I thought that Titan were gonna get out of groups instead of Penta, and I thought Envyus was gonna beat Nip.

• Locked thread