Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

kastein posted:

Sawzall is a Ridgid, angle grinder is a Ryobi. Note on both, if you don't follow their rules to a T and read all the fine print and register all your stuff on their stupid website they WILL dick you around on the extended warranty, i.e. tell you to gently caress off if you actually want to use it.

Sawzall can only be Milwaukee. :colbert:

Reciprocating saw OTOH . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Too late then most likely, IIRC you have to register within 30 days.

That's one of the many reasons I've been making GBS threads on them in this thread for so long. Nothing like realizing your 3 year warranty is worthless when they tell you to EAD because you didn't read through a ream of tiny print and trusted the big text on the box. Apparently they needed me to steer 5 figures (so far) worth of tool sales away from them more than they needed the 50 bucks it would have cost them to give me a new battery.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

kastein posted:

That's one of the many reasons I've been making GBS threads on them in this thread for so long. Nothing like realizing your 3 year warranty is worthless when they tell you to EAD because you didn't read through a ream of tiny print and trusted the big text on the box. Apparently they needed me to steer 5 figures (so far) worth of tool sales away from them more than they needed the 50 bucks it would have cost them to give me a new battery.

Milwaukee is fine right? I plan on finally ditching the very 80s/early 90s Makita cordless drill for some m12 and m18 fuel stuff next time Home Depot/Lowes has a sale.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
Ken, if you haven't already I'd mention what you just said to https://twitter.com/ryobipowertools or https://twitter.com/ridgidpower. It's total B.S. that you have to bother with hammering a company publicly to get them to not be jerks, but you might at least get a battery out of it.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

kastein posted:

Sawzall is a Ridgid, angle grinder is a Ryobi. Note on both, if you don't follow their rules to a T and read all the fine print and register all your stuff on their stupid website they WILL dick you around on the extended warranty, i.e. tell you to gently caress off if you actually want to use it.

"So you say our tool broke on you while you were hacking starters out of rusted jeep frames in a rain storm?"

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Preoptopus posted:

"So you say our tool broke on you while you were hacking starters out of rusted jeep frames in a rain storm?"

Which to be fair is the time you need it most.

DocCynical
Jan 9, 2003

That is not possible just now

EKDS5k posted:

Does anyone know of a good tool for removing insulation from multiple wire cables, without damaging the insulation on the individual wires inside? I fix a lot of extension cords and charging cables (and the occasional 7-wire trailer harness), and my current strategy of being reeeeaally careful with a utility knife just isn't doing it for me anymore.

My SnapOn guy recommended either of these from Knipex, but it would have to be a special order, and I'm not convinced that a more expensive one will do a better job anyway. It's not exactly a heavy duty task.

Any good cheaper alternatives?

I'm partial to this one http://chadstoolbox.com/98-55-knipex-6-inch-dismantling-knife-1-000v/. I use it on TECK90 and SOOW (whatever that is in NEC land, I have no clue) and it works like a dream.
They have the hook knife one as well, http://chadstoolbox.com/1620-165sb-knipex-cable-knife-with-hook-blade/ for 26 bucks, I don't know what you consider expensive though. For me, as an everyday(ish) tool, they are definitely worth the extra money.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Viper_3000 posted:

Milwaukee is fine right? I plan on finally ditching the very 80s/early 90s Makita cordless drill for some m12 and m18 fuel stuff next time Home Depot/Lowes has a sale.

Yeah, I'm a fan. Never blown up anything Milwaukee.

Jared592 posted:

Ken, if you haven't already I'd mention what you just said to https://twitter.com/ryobipowertools or https://twitter.com/ridgidpower. It's total B.S. that you have to bother with hammering a company publicly to get them to not be jerks, but you might at least get a battery out of it.

I haven't had an issue with Ridgid yet, but I definitely missed the deadline and I don't know what they're going to say - if I do. So far so good.

Ryobi ignored everything I said on their facebook, I doubt they'll do anything different on Twitter but might try.

Preoptopus posted:

The sad thing is, it worked great, I put it on the shelf, the next spring I took them off the shelf, used one battery till it stopped, put it on the charger and it wouldn't accept a charge at all. Same thing happened with the other one a few weeks later. I'd owned the drat thing for maybe 9 months at this point.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Viper_3000 posted:

So funny thing. I'm a tool buyer for a medium sized construction company and recently I've been having some jobsites demo new tools. First day in on our Milwaukee M18 impacts and drills we're having problems with them shorting out. I guess the contacts for the battery run a long ways kinda close together, water gets through the crack of the tool and battery and then they no longer work. Have heard about it twice but haven't experienced it first hand. Keep in mind this is also coming from people doing siding work in Seattle, but doing some googling it appears its happened before? Their customer service has been outstanding so far, though.

Anything but Dewalt or Hilti...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Mcqueen posted:

So funny thing. I'm a tool buyer for a medium sized construction company and recently I've been having some jobsites demo new tools. First day in on our Milwaukee M18 impacts and drills we're having problems with them shorting out. I guess the contacts for the battery run a long ways kinda close together, water gets through the crack of the tool and battery and then they no longer work. Have heard about it twice but haven't experienced it first hand. Keep in mind this is also coming from people doing siding work in Seattle, but doing some googling it appears its happened before? Their customer service has been outstanding so far, though.

I warrantied my Milwaukee M18 drill because the switch burned out after extended use at half speed. However, the drill got back to me repaired within a week, which was nice.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

kastein posted:

Not to be a Ryobi apologist, but they're what I use for everything cordless. My Dad is a contractor and years ago gave me a bunch of their tools for free because he had bought a package to get a lightweight chop saw they only sold in the package and everything has held up pretty drat well.

Not that I'm a contractor, but I beat the poo poo out of my sawzall and I can't believe the stupid thing hasn't died on me yet. Seven years ago I said I'd consider switching to Milwaukee when the tools started crapping out on me, I'm still waiting for that time to arrive. Then again, my house also isn't a production environment or a real job site.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I have waaaay too much Ryobi poo poo, probably 10 tools or so. It's not bad stuff but it's certainly not great. The lithium batteries don't last for poo poo and all the tools are very "consumer grade." Most of the tools have treated me well but I won't be buying anything new, I'll probably switch to Milwaukee or Makita.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

kastein posted:

I'm ~$500 into Milwaukee m12 and I took it over Ryobi's more impressive variety entirely because of your posting here. It's all working great still, and hopefully I won't need it but I hear good things about Milwaukee's warranty and customer service.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'd be all over m12 if Milwaukee were more common/cheaper in the UK but between their range of garden tools, petty drat good UK consumer protection laws and relatively low pricing, ryobi it is.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

revmoo posted:

I have waaaay too much Ryobi poo poo, probably 10 tools or so. It's not bad stuff but it's certainly not great. The lithium batteries don't last for poo poo and all the tools are very "consumer grade." Most of the tools have treated me well but I won't be buying anything new, I'll probably switch to Milwaukee or Makita.

FWIW I have used this Makita drill/driver set for several years now

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-XPH01RW-Compact-2-Inch-Driver-Drill/dp/B00LIV123O/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_1

It loving owns. Plenty of power for drilling wood and metal. Haven't needed the hammer-drive settings yet or tackled any masonry with it. Even after probably 5 years, the battery life is still pretty solid, and the charger works like a champ. So when I beat the hell out of it (riveting for sheet metal stuff for instance, the second battery is topped up before the first one runs out, even when drilling/boring into a lot of metal, using brush or sanding bits, etc.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone used the Performax tool chests from Menards?

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/tool-storage/tool-chests-boxes/performax-tool-chest-4-drawer/p-1458880-c-9188.htm

Looking at picking that one up, but I don't know anything about the brand. Also considering the WEN brand from Lowe's, but again I don't know anything about them:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_447172-48535-74306_4294607609__?productId=50159241&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_price%7C0%26page%3D1&facetInfo=

Whatever I get won't see a lot of use or a lot of weight, but my tool collection has far outgrown my old plastic Craftsman box.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

EKDS5k posted:

Does anyone know of a good tool for removing insulation from multiple wire cables, without damaging the insulation on the individual wires inside? I fix a lot of extension cords and charging cables (and the occasional 7-wire trailer harness), and my current strategy of being reeeeaally careful with a utility knife just isn't doing it for me anymore.

My SnapOn guy recommended either of these from Knipex, but it would have to be a special order, and I'm not convinced that a more expensive one will do a better job anyway. It's not exactly a heavy duty task.

Any good cheaper alternatives?

If you are only using it on cable, I'd recommend something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Tools-15010-Cyclops-Stripper/dp/B000BY8BY2/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1426176802&sr=8-33&keywords=cable+stripper

Bonus version I've never used but always wanted to try option.
http://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-Comm...=cable+stripper
http://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Industr...=cable+stripper

They also make ones similar to the first, but with a bulkier design and better blade guide, but I can't seem to find a good example.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

revmoo posted:

I've had decent luck with finding the lithium batteries online and in store for cheap, but I definitely agree, they aren't great.

Wasn't Makita the brand that pretty much defined what the power drill could be in the late 80s/early 90s? I remember being a little kid and my old man having half a dozen of their old style power drill.

angryhampster posted:

Anyone used the Performax tool chests from Menards?
https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/tool-storage/tool-chests-boxes/performax-tool-chest-4-drawer/p-1458880-c-9188.htm

Looking at picking that one up, but I don't know anything about the brand. Also considering the WEN brand from Lowe's, but again I don't know anything about them:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_447172-48535-74306_4294607609__?productId=50159241&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_price%7C0%26page%3D1&facetInfo=

Whatever I get won't see a lot of use or a lot of weight, but my tool collection has far outgrown my old plastic Craftsman box.

I was box shopping not that long ago and to me the Wen and Performax stuff seemed overpriced for the quality versus the Husky stuff that Home Depot has. Not that the Husky is anywhere near SnapOn or Matco, but they've done an ok job trying to mimic some of the style and features at a cheaper price. I ended up getting one of their workbench chests and have been happy with it for what I paid.

On the topic to power tool chat, honest question, why does everyone dislike DeWalt so much? I'm current on the thread and don't remember seeing any anecdotes or reasons why.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Tamir Lenk posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-XPH01RW-Compact-2-Inch-Driver-Drill/dp/B00LIV123O/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_1

It loving owns. Plenty of power for drilling wood and metal. Haven't needed the hammer-drive settings yet or tackled any masonry with it. Even after probably 5 years, the battery life is still pretty solid, and the charger works like a champ. So when I beat the hell out of it (riveting for sheet metal stuff for instance, the second battery is topped up before the first one runs out, even when drilling/boring into a lot of metal, using brush or sanding bits, etc.

These are the most common drills that I see on our jobsites for all trades. The ones I see getting the most use however are the corded Dewalt drills for the drywall crews. It's like they pull the trigger and don't let go until they're out of screws, it's impressive. Of course, they probably burn through two or three in a year.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I think this one will last forever. Father in law gave it to us when our lovely Skil broke. After using the Makita for a few years, I have since purchased this:

I've used it to drill holes in a stainless kettle, crush grains for brewing, and just about anything I could ask it to do. Pretty sure it will last forever, too.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Mcqueen posted:

What's the reason for that? I have quite a bit of DeWalt and it's all been great. Have had a reciprocating saw of theirs, for 8 or 9 years, and it's worked flawlessly. Has cut up many cars, and everything i've thrown at it.

A while ago i bought a little 3/8" 10.8v impact gun, and it's really good. Very small and light, pretty powerful, excellent battery life. Wasn't too expensive, and i've been really impressed by it. Daily mechanic use, and it never let me down.

A lot of my power tools are Bosch, and i love them. Great quality, great tools, excellent battery life and performance. I could happily switch to all Bosch Professional tools. I have (what was at the time) their most powerful 10" or 12" angle grinder, and it's an absolute beast. Anti-kick back, anti vibration, rotating handle, enormous power.

Cakefool posted:

I'd be all over m12 if Milwaukee were more common/cheaper in the UK.

They're getting more and more common. Every time i go to my local Euro Car Parts their display has gotten a bit bigger.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

I have quite a bit of DeWalt and it's all been great. Have had a reciprocating saw of theirs, for 8 or 9 years, and it's worked flawlessly.

Because it's 8 or 9 years old. Like my DeWalt stuff.

Some of the new stuff that friends have bought in the last few years is really sketchy and not holding up at all.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Motronic posted:

Because it's 8 or 9 years old. Like my DeWalt stuff.

Some of the new stuff that friends have bought in the last few years is really sketchy and not holding up at all.

Hmm, interesting. Can't say i've had issues with any of it, but then it's not like i have a lot of DeWalt stuff, and it's not run all day, every day.

Oh well, in time i'll shift over to more Bosch.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Mooseykins posted:

What's the reason for that? I have quite a bit of DeWalt and it's all been great. Have had a reciprocating saw of theirs, for 8 or 9 years, and it's worked flawlessly. Has cut up many cars, and everything i've thrown at it.

Quality seems to have gone down the shitter in the past 3-4 years. Defective tools, tools that straight up don't work out of the box, really pushy sales people and seemingly abandoning their 18 volt line or at least the batteries are drying up. I think they've been coasting on rep for a while.

The Milwaukee line we're currently testing also has an almost non existent trigger feel on their drills and impacts and too many not super easy to figure out electronic options on the same tools.

Might go with makita this decade...still need to demo their lineup. Probs post about it here while sitting in a meeting.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

Tamir Lenk posted:

Just got this guy for the holidays:
http://www.amazon.com/Makita-XPH012-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Driver-Drill/dp/B00N9ULIAE

Feels solid, and the battery is a big fella. I looked at Dewalt, Milwaukee, and considered cheaping out on one of the Craftsman black friday deals, but in the end went with Makita after getting very aspergerian with my research and finding them to be the most common brand being mentioned favorably online by people who rely on them on a daily basis (tradesmen). That, and I remember a family friend contractor from back in the late 80s/early 90s who had nothing but Makita and loved them. That, and they're like the only company I found that's actually made by the brand itself, and aren't basically badge-engineered tools. For what it's worth, I recall reading that Makita basically invented the cordless tool market (specifically, the cordless drill).

Oh, and I don't recommend Ridgid cordless just because I had some of their 12v tools and the batteries/chargers were junk.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Jared592 posted:

Oh, and I don't recommend Ridgid cordless just because I had some of their 12v tools and the batteries/chargers were junk.

This is my big problem with ridged. My father is a contractor and he bought a set because someone stole his dewalt. He does nothing but complain out the battery life compared to my Makita which is a few years old now and looks like it was dragged behind a truck. I also have that white Makita cordless drill and have the 1/4" impact version too. Ive had the impact break lugnuts loose and have also gone a week without needing to change the battery. I use that thing so much under the hood of a car. It really an ivestment anyone should have in there toolbox.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I'm looking for a wire wheel for my grinder that won't throw wires all over my loving garage. Does such an animal exist?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'm looking for a wire wheel for my grinder that won't throw wires all over my loving garage. Does such an animal exist?

I've had decent luck with the DeWalt-branded ones. No blood drawn so far, at least.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
FWIW - I have been pretty pleased with Bosch stuff. The batteries hold up really well, and they have a quality feel with out being heavy.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

You can get safety wheel versions of these that have the majority of the wires covered in rubber, which abrades as it's used. For the life of me I can't remember what they're called though, sorry.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The ones where the wires are twisted together seem to stay together. When the wire wears down, it breaks at the bend, so instead of large pieces you just get dust size pieces.
They also seem to last way longer, but then of course they don't deform and bend into the piece you are grinding. If thats what you are trying to do, then you just need longer gloves and thicker pants.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Bought these magical pliers a while ago and forgot to post them.

I thought they were neat as hell and figured I'd rather have every weird pair of pliers at my disposal for really strange situations. Turns out they are absolutely indispensable when you need them at all. Worth buying.

Because of the way the center pivot sets are set up, the jaws actually open faster than the handles do, degree for degree. It's loving awesome if you need to grab something that starts out too wide for the spot you have to snake it through, like a spring or jesus-clip.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Hey, thanks. Those have been on my tool wishlist for like a year and I keep waffling over "what if they're a goofy gimmick?" They're over my cost threshold for "ah gently caress it, let's find out."

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I haven't broken them yet, and I used them to make my life better while putting the jesus clips back on most of the Ranger's cooling system after the engine swap. Mostly because my jesus clip special tool hadn't arrived yet: http://www.amazon.com/OTC-4525-Cable-Type-Flexible-Pliers/dp/B000F5JM0O

After that hell-project, I ordered the right thing, but the long scissor-lift style pliers worked pretty well in a pinch.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

blindjoe posted:

The ones where the wires are twisted together seem to stay together. When the wire wears down, it breaks at the bend, so instead of large pieces you just get dust size pieces.
They also seem to last way longer, but then of course they don't deform and bend into the piece you are grinding. If thats what you are trying to do, then you just need longer gloves and thicker pants.

The impalement doesn't bother me. Gloves, jeans, and sweatshirt tend to keep them out of my skin. I'm more annoyed at having them fly all over my garage and then having to clean them up every time. I've wondered about the twisted ones versus the crimped, but I'm usually grinding fairly complex pieces that the wires need to conform to. I wish I had space for a blasting cabinet even if it were just to use the grinder in.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Jared592 posted:

Just got this guy for the holidays:
http://www.amazon.com/Makita-XPH012-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Driver-Drill/dp/B00N9ULIAE

Feels solid, and the battery is a big fella. I looked at Dewalt, Milwaukee, and considered cheaping out on one of the Craftsman black friday deals, but in the end went with Makita after getting very aspergerian with my research and finding them to be the most common brand being mentioned favorably online by people who rely on them on a daily basis (tradesmen). That, and I remember a family friend contractor from back in the late 80s/early 90s who had nothing but Makita and loved them. That, and they're like the only company I found that's actually made by the brand itself, and aren't basically badge-engineered tools. For what it's worth, I recall reading that Makita basically invented the cordless tool market (specifically, the cordless drill).

Unless they're stupid expensive, definitely pick up a second battery. Once you can rotate batteries, that thing cannot be stopped.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

I haven't broken them yet, and I used them to make my life better while putting the jesus clips back on most of the Ranger's cooling system after the engine swap. Mostly because my jesus clip special tool hadn't arrived yet: http://www.amazon.com/OTC-4525-Cable-Type-Flexible-Pliers/dp/B000F5JM0O

After that hell-project, I ordered the right thing, but the long scissor-lift style pliers worked pretty well in a pinch.

I am interested in buying a set of those clip style hose pliers work, let me know how yours work out, I put it on my wish list of things to get.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

kastein posted:

Bought these magical pliers a while ago and forgot to post them.

I thought they were neat as hell and figured I'd rather have every weird pair of pliers at my disposal for really strange situations. Turns out they are absolutely indispensable when you need them at all. Worth buying.
I bought the straight and bent combo set on Amazon; they paid for themselves a week later when I went to change out the batteries in my 6D MagLite and discovered a battery decided to expand a little too much at the far end.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

nmfree posted:

I bought the straight and bent combo set on Amazon; they paid for themselves a week later when I went to change out the batteries in my 6D MagLite and discovered a battery decided to expand a little too much at the far end.

Looking at the amazon page I see they have a long pair of locking pliers too. Look like they could be really usefull.

http://www.amazon.com/Triplett-LONGLOCKERS-Extended-Locking-Cushioned/dp/B004TMF5N2/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am interested in buying a set of those clip style hose pliers work, let me know how yours work out, I put it on my wish list of things to get.

They're one of those tools where they only have one specific use, but once you have used them for that you will wonder how you ever got by without. My advice is to buy them without hesitation.

I'm sure there is a mechanic somewhere who is just swearing his head off at me because I replaced some clips in a way that is totally inaccessible without these pliers. Don't wind up being that guy.