Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

darkhand posted:

I think if you're out of combat you get an instant swap, with a 5m cool down afterwards before you can swap again.

Pretty sure this is right, with the caveat that when you swap mercs you instantly have to pay the upkeep price (which is typically trivial, slightly less so at higher levels).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
i believe that what was just posted is correct, because before I took another long EQ hiatus a few years ago I bought some Station Cash during a double weekend and bought 3 extra merc slots for each of my high-level characters on the cheap so that all of them could have a cleric, warrior, rogue and wizard in pocket for whenever needs must. Point being, I am used to switching a lot. I believe that during either non-combat (silver swirl in the box) or fast regen (golden swirl) mode, I can't remember which, you can switch from one stored merc to another instantly, as much as you want, at most paying 15 minutes "rent" each time. You cannot switch in combat (crossed swords) nor can you revive or unsuspend a merc, but you can suspend one if for some reason you have to - you just can't reactivate until combat is over.

I was raiding on my enchanter last night and I was trying to use Tranquil Blessings (AA ability that makes group buffs AoE) to mass Clarity and Haste and Rune and such, but it kept saying I needed to be in rest/fast regen mode to do so, even though I clearly already was. Turns out that when the timer ends and you go into regen mode, you have to run around a bit or the game doesn't recognize that you've passed into fast regen mode. I am glad a groupmate pointed that out, because I was baffled.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I don't know about the running around thing, i think that's just placebo. There are time when merc timers especially will desync from the server ticks though. Stuff like fellowship campfire clickies have the same weirdness.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
^^That is a lot of drat words to echo "I agree"

Lots of classes can also cheese mercs in-combat to swap a cleric that's oom with a fresh one. We did it pretty often when duoing/trio'ing some of the more rear end in a top hat prog missions. Just use whatever FD/blur ability your class has after suspending the spent one and wait 30 seconds, then you can pop another one. Probably doesn't work if your class has one of the shittier-tier FD/blurs like Rangers though

Edit - Wiji snuck a comment in pff. You definitely don't actually have to move for the game to pick up ooc regen

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 6, 2015

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

anyone on test want to fool around?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

MrTheDevious posted:

^^That is a lot of drat words to echo "I agree"

I would say that that above is a lot of words to say "I am a condescending rear end", so why don't we call it even?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Ouch, GM support has been cut to the bone:

http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37732/kw/37732

quote:

Game Masters are available to assist with errors with the game and/or servers (such as crashes/rollbacks, zone down, etc)

Game Masters will not be able to intervene with gameplay errors. Gameplay errors should be resolved by further gameplay and players should use in-game means to address these errors.

Some examples of situations where Game Masters will not intervene:

Deleted items: Please reacquire any deleted items through gameplay.
Accidentally sold items: Buy the item back from a vendor. If it cannot be bought back, reacquire the item through gameplay.
Accidentally bought items: Sell the unintended item back to the vendor (not all items can be sold back unfortunately) and purchase the intended item.
Misloots: The Game Masters will not move items that were looted by accident or sent/traded to an unintended character.
Accidental item modification (combines, augs, ornaments, etc): Please acquire the items again through gameplay.
Renaming: The Game Masters will not change a character's first name, surname, or Guild name upon request. Name change potions are available on the marketplace.
Guild Administration: The Game Masters will not administrate a guild or intervene in Guild management affairs in any way. There are in-game means to administrate guilds. If what you want to do is not provided by the in-game means. The Game Masters will not be providing administration or management that is outside the available in-game means.
Deleted characters: There are various mechanics in place to assure that characters are not deleted by accident. Let's be careful out there. Deleted characters will not be restored.

The only really bad one is the lack of support for restoring deleted characters; many of the others I can understand - it's your own fault if you sell an item or loot incorrectly. I guess the guild thing might mean that they'd keep their nose out of funky goon guild names that are too hot for the EQ RP crowd?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Deleted your quest item you camped for 90 hours? Please reacquire through gameplay!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

suuma posted:

Deleted your quest item you camped for 90 hours? Please reacquire through gameplay!

Well let's be honest, people play eq still because it's hard core. Now even more hard core.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Ohhh man. Karael's guild EoE, has been taking a poo poo on HoT and Citizen for the most part. We got a ton more keys in a shorter amount of time through largely legitimate means. Things were winding down last night and yet Citizen was still popping Upper House raid chests; one after the other, every 30minutes, over 12 in total as far as I know.

Assume they did this legit: 12 raids with minimum 6 people is 72 people, 60 of which needed to have been flagged for upper, which they don't have. 12 tanks? 12 Clerics? There's no way.

Assume they didn't do it legit is there any repercussions for something like that?

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 9, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Under the new cs? Who knows. Guilds have been mass suspended for lockout exploits, but I don't know of any working sploits for them right now.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

The one way that makes sense for it to be possible for them is to have people drop the dz en mass when Lilith is like 15%. Then come back in and distribute back flags and tremulant keys some how without getting a lock out. Meaning the same people were clearing the dz over and over again.

They sure as poo poo weren't doing it with only 6 people. Even if they were, how many guilds in the entire game have 12 raid tanks and clerics?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

darkhand posted:

Ohhh man. Karael's guild EoE, has been taking a poo poo on HoT and Citizen for the most part. We got a ton more keys in a shorter amount of time through largely legitimate means. Things were winding down last night and yet Citizen was still popping Upper House raid chests; one after the other, every 30minutes, over 12 in total as far as I know.

Assume they did this legit: 12 raids with minimum 6 people is 72 people, 60 of which needed to have been flagged for upper, which they don't have. 12 tanks? 12 Clerics? There's no way.

Assume they didn't do it legit is there any repercussions for something like that?

We could have done something close to the same if I had been a little more clever about it.

As far as I know, if you're not in the DZ at all when Lilth dies, you don't get the lockout, even if you're in the zone. That means they can drop everyone but one person and dzadd everyone again with only that person eating the lockout, but they get like 2 minutes of kill time before they're ported. Do it right and Finishing Blow takes her down. People can then be added at leisure for keys / loot.

Regardless, I should have at least thought of the six person idea (clear the instance with everyone who's keyed + push, everyone but 1 flagged + 5 push drop dz, then they readd people).

I feel so horrible about this because we're probably going to lose the race to SS now and people are going to bitch about it endlessly. I probably shouldn't feel bad because I don't care about firsts, but I feel like I screwed the portion of the guild that does.

It all comes down to Miragul and Al'kabor raids now. If they finish both of those at or near us, they'll easily beat Cazic a cycle or two earlier than we will.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Dude no don't feel bad at all. You worked your rear end off this month, all the other leadership has done jack poo poo except show up. You can't do everything and then get in trouble for not doing enough.

I mean the raid difficulty has been a joke so it doesn't really matter "they beat us." It's just a little lovely we got beat by some pretty hardcore exploits.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 9, 2015

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Was thinking about killing some time on EQ for a bit in between other MMO stuff. Is there a semi-efficient way to molo from 95 to 100? I'm not an SK or mage so it would have to be just regular rear end exp grinding. I read somewhere about HAs but I have no idea what those are or if they're doable by yourself.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

If you think they did actually exploit lockouts, pm absor, dzarn, and roshen with as much info as you have. Cs won't do anything, but if anyone will do something, it will be one of them.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Need to ask Qulas who he talked to when he saw that dumbass streaming with macroquest and told a dev in CRT chat that said they'd ban the fucker the next day. Dzarn has bigger fish to fry.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

Was thinking about killing some time on EQ for a bit in between other MMO stuff. Is there a semi-efficient way to molo from 95 to 100? I'm not an SK or mage so it would have to be just regular rear end exp grinding. I read somewhere about HAs but I have no idea what those are or if they're doable by yourself.
As far as I recall, simply doing progression quests in RoF (starting in the zone next to Xorbb) yields huge amounts of XP, along with XP for completing the progression achievements.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Can someone remind me the command or how you increase the zoom out distance on your character?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Can someone remind me the command or how you increase the zoom out distance on your character?

Isn't that just the mouse wheel?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I've searched high and low, and I'm fairly sure there isn't one. You can either use the mouse wheel and/or bind a key to zoom out. I've never heard of being able to increase the maximum zoom-out distance either, like you can in WoW.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is there any prolonged double experience with the 16th birthday stuff? I'm guessing there is so might sub for it if it's a decent length of time i.e. a week.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Hello

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Pilsner posted:

I've searched high and low, and I'm fairly sure there isn't one. You can either use the mouse wheel and/or bind a key to zoom out. I've never heard of being able to increase the maximum zoom-out distance either, like you can in WoW.

I could have swore I used to have a way further zoom than I do currently. Maybe I'm mixing up my games but the max distance that I can currently mousewheel out to seems way too close. :shrug:

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

I could have swore I used to have a way further zoom than I do currently. Maybe I'm mixing up my games but the max distance that I can currently mousewheel out to seems way too close. :shrug:

I have no idea if this holds in live but on p1999 you can use a spyglass from the Gnome craft skill to do what you want.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

If you're a ranger or druid you get a spell that increases your FOV as well I think.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

darkhand posted:

If you're a ranger or druid you get a spell that increases your FOV as well I think.

poo poo maybe that's what I'm used to. My main was a ranger and now I'm remembering Eyes of the Peregrine or whatever.

larrydigital
Feb 21, 2004

Say Queensbridge.
My current box team (bard/mage/druid plus 2 merc casters and cleric) is a lot of fun and is usually enough for me to do whatever I want in the game.

Lately I've thinking about subbing out one of the merc casters for an enchanter. I kinda think it'd be better in the long run (runes, nukes, twincast, etc) but I'm worried that there'd be a little too much overlap. Bard is my main, casters are keyed so they're pretty much fire and forget.

Thoughts? Good idea/bad idea?

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Is there a free boxing program to run 2-3 accounts that anyone could recommend?

Edit: It looks like the only free option is HotKeyNet but it requires a bunch of script making.

Snotty By Nature fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 14, 2015

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

larrydigital posted:

My current box team (bard/mage/druid plus 2 merc casters and cleric) is a lot of fun and is usually enough for me to do whatever I want in the game.

Lately I've thinking about subbing out one of the merc casters for an enchanter. I kinda think it'd be better in the long run (runes, nukes, twincast, etc) but I'm worried that there'd be a little too much overlap. Bard is my main, casters are keyed so they're pretty much fire and forget.

Thoughts? Good idea/bad idea?

If it were me I'd pick between bard and enchanter and only take one, but in a box group a bard can still be useful even if its just a /melody buff bot. I feel like you might want a tank, though?

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Does anyone play on AB these days? No one in my old guild has logged on for at least a year and it's boring being level 78 on your own all the time.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I've been raiding on test for two weeks with the faceless order. It's really fun..

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Rapacity posted:

Does anyone play on AB these days? No one in my old guild has logged on for at least a year and it's boring being level 78 on your own all the time.

I'm on AB but currently not playing. I'll probably pop back for a bit if the EQ birthday stuff has a big whack of double experience.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

lemonslol posted:

I've been raiding on test for two weeks with the faceless order. It's really fun..

I've been raiding on Test as well. The problem is that we just don't have enough actual people, and many raids you cannot box effectively. We always seem to be short of tanks, healers or both. I am basically our only enchanter, and there is only so much that one can do with 12 SKs, 20 magicians and gently caress all else.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

I've been raiding on Test as well. The problem is that we just don't have enough actual people, and many raids you cannot box effectively. We always seem to be short of tanks, healers or both. I am basically our only enchanter, and there is only so much that one can do with 12 SKs, 20 magicians and gently caress all else.

Yeah we had to cancel the raid last Wednesday because no one logged on. What guild are you in?

I really wish that there could be some sort of all guilds raid rotation. Like um Looking for raid in WoW.. Or that guilds wouldn't take themselves so loving seriously... and not let other people in. It should be a general chat announcement when guilds can't find more

larrydigital
Feb 21, 2004

Say Queensbridge.

suuma posted:

If it were me I'd pick between bard and enchanter and only take one, but in a box group a bard can still be useful even if its just a /melody buff bot. I feel like you might want a tank, though?
Nah, pet tank's been pretty effective so far. Plus 4 casters melts through stuff pretty quickly.

Just wondering if be better to drop a caster merc for an enchanter. Eh, maybe. Thinking about it.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Is there a free boxing program to run 2-3 accounts that anyone could recommend?

Edit: It looks like the only free option is HotKeyNet but it requires a bunch of script making.
Yeah HKN is free, but as far as I know, it cannot send keystrokes to EQ as a background window, which kind of ruins it. It's easy enough to begin writing your own scripts, but they will have to switch to another window, press the key, then switch back. I used it extensively on EQMac in lack of ISBoxer support, but it's not optimal.

There are many other key automation program options out there, including the classic AutoHotkey, but where ISBoxer shines is its ability to send to background windows. Nothing compares.

Rapacity posted:

AB is my home (Zliz), although I'm not playing at the moment. I will most likely return later this year after moving and such in real life.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

lemonslol posted:

Yeah we had to cancel the raid last Wednesday because no one logged on. What guild are you in?

I really wish that there could be some sort of all guilds raid rotation. Like um Looking for raid in WoW.. Or that guilds wouldn't take themselves so loving seriously... and not let other people in. It should be a general chat announcement when guilds can't find more

I have 7 characters in the upper 80s that are still in the dead-as-dodo Goon guild, but my main, a 100 enchanter, is in Infinty of Light - that is not a typo. It is just frustrating as heck trying to do even NToV. I played an enchanter because they are a lot of fun, versatile, little played and add excellent caster ADPS to magicians and wizards and such, but they are not much in demand anymore. I am basically the enchanter class leader based on the fact that I am just about the only one who plays regularly. I wish that I had been a cleric, because they are a lot more fun than they used to be and very much needed, but I am not one of those people that knows how and where to level a character from 1-100 in a week. We have a similar shortage of warriors despite enough SKs to start our own dread army. You have to love a game that makes people not want to play warriors and clerics while making them vital for late-game raiding.

Also, when did it become obligatory that everyone play a mage? Seriously, it is ridiculous the number of mages in this game now. I think that it's an editorial on low-effort classes that solo well.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

With healers, knights can tank ntov no problem. I'd imagine at 105 knights can tank most of RoF and cotf.

With low numbers you can do: ntov, velishan, plane of shadows, dead hills 1 and 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

darkhand posted:

With healers, knights can tank ntov no problem. I'd imagine at 105 knights can tank most of RoF and cotf.

With low numbers you can do: ntov, velishan, plane of shadows, dead hills 1 and 2.

We have Velishan on lockdown and we can take out Dagarn, Mirenilla and Koi'Doken no problem. We tried Vyemm a few nights ago after destroying the three aforementioned dragons with almost no casualties and he utterly annihilated us. I knew that Vulak was a huge step above the other named dragons but I thought that we could handle the rest of them - shows what I know.