Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Sykic posted:

(gently caress doors)

I want to make those pathetic swings my next av.

e: \/ Nice!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was bored so I did the thing. Made two versions, one bigger but less frames and the other smaller but smoother. Both meet the avatar size restriction reqs.

DO YOU LIKE HURTING OTHER PEOPLE?

edit: made a middle ground version because why not

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 15, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CJacobs posted:

DO YOU LIKE HURTING OTHER PEOPLE?

It's the COMBO text popping up that really makes it :allears:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Sykic posted:

(Everyone watching my stream saw this and said it missed)

(Enemy walked off the map)

(gently caress doors)

So no, I don't think so.

I think you need to git gud, scrub. :smuggo:

This thread isn't nearly as fun now that most goons seem to have actually got gud and are enjoying the game.

Except of course those that marathon the entirety of a game in less than a week after launch so they can prove how bad a game is, that's still pretty :lol:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 15, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Sykic posted:

(gently caress doors)

So no, I don't think so.

Evan's a nice guy and really really doesn't want to hurt the poor henchman :smith:

E: I like to think of the enemies crawling up into the corner of the doorframe like a giant spider when that happens.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Wait, in that "enemy walked off the map" gif he still beats the level, so what's the complaint? "My Immersion"?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Psychedelic voids are no place for a man, not even a hardened criminal.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

King Vidiot posted:

Wait, in that "enemy walked off the map" gif he still beats the level, so what's the complaint? "My Immersion"?

The game kills them when they wander outside of the map (sometimes it does, anyway), therefore you lose out on anywhere between 500 and like 10,000 points depending on what your combo is. Other than that, I'd count it as a blessing because then you don't have to deal with killing them if they have a gun. :v:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The dude's like "gently caress this poo poo, I don't get paid enough" and walks off.

I like how hard mode makes you change up how you play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEfZSuzjA0U

Would have gotten a full combo here but I hosed up and threw the bat wrong :(

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I found an image of one of the beta testers for this game:

He said he loved it!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It might be helpful for the score-runners to note that the first Richter level and the first Writer level both require carrying a combo between floors to get a high rank.

Songbearer posted:

I found an image of one of the beta testers for this game:

He said he loved it!

Well of course he would- he couldn't play very far because he can't open doors.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Discendo Vox posted:

It might be helpful for the score-runners to note that the first Richter level and the first Writer level both require carrying a combo between floors to get a high rank.

Well of course he would- he couldn't play very far because he can't open doors.

That's what they said about velociraptors. Now what, motherfucker?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Larry Parrish posted:

FYI everyone you aren't actually invinicble to bullets hitting your arms, but you can take one, and I think the fat guy can take two or at least it feels like it.

Yeah, I've gotten winged by bullets, seen blood and everything, and survived with I think every character. I dunno how exactly it works, but bullets aren't always guaranteed kills.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm sure it's been mentioned already but if you got the digital deluxe edition that 6-track remix EP is loving sick. M|O|O|N, Scattle, and Carpenter Brut all swapped tracks amongst each other to make some badass remixes of each others work.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

I actually had at least one run on that same floor where the enemy survived walking off the map, and I had to repeat two floors and the boss.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
How the gently caress are you supposed to approach the last part of Stronghold?

Or maybe it's just the third. The part where you walk into the plant and past two windows on either side.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 15, 2015

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Sykic posted:

Got gud, can confirm this is a bad game with atrocious level design and even worse bugs. I now have PTSD and will never be able to look at a window or a door the same way ever again.

Cool, thought this was just me. HM1 was my GOTY 2012 and the sequel plays like mediocre DLC for it. Still good though

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Cool, thought this was just me. HM1 was my GOTY 2012 and the sequel plays like mediocre DLC for it. Still good though

Paging Jehde to defend the integrity of his baby.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Don't say mean things about my perfect game. :qq:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Hotline Miami 2 is cool and good but it is not without flaws, I hope they fix the bugs and I hope the level editor is rad so everyone can get what they want.

quote:

Or maybe it's just the third. The part where you walk into the plant and past two windows on either side.

Stab the dude in the hallway, shoot the heavy enemy in the right room, cut down the responders, sweep to the upper right then sweep to the upper left. Also I hope you've got the sniper rifle it rules.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Jehde posted:

Don't say mean things about my perfect game. :qq:

It's a good game dude, I'm only hyper-critical of the sequel because I'm such a huge fan of the original

When the level editor drops I will play Hotline Miami 2 for 18,000 hours

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Dead Ahead (You're on a boat!) on Hard made me feel physically ill after completing it. Holy poo poo what a horrible level.

edit: Uh. Most of the hard levels I've played were fun, and I love this game, so this one was like getting slapped in the face haha. It started out so well! The first and second of four sections of BOAT! were really interesting, then it turned into garbage.
Studio snapped a screenshot of the very section where it went bad. (spoiler I guess) http://i.imgur.com/UZWYDMb.jpg

Erata fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 15, 2015

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008
It was a good game, I'm a little disappointed overall though. HM1 was a bit more freeform and most of this game was spent zooming out to avoid some jackass with a shotgun. I had to bait constantly in this game and honestly I just didn't do that very often in the first. It was fun, but I'm impressed it took so long to develop and this is what we got. Soundtrack still kicks rear end though.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I'm a huge fan of the original and was super critical going in too, glad it turned out to be a great game. I mean even if it did just end up being a level pack doing the exact same thing as HLM all over again I would've liked it fine, but I'm glad they were able to achieve so much more than that, including this thread. :getin: I guess I kind of had a reverse-spoiler effect, in that I heard everyone hated the game and thought it was bad before I had the chance to play, so when I got to playing it I was waiting for it to get bad, but it never did.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I actually thought Dead Ahead was alright. It's definitely taken me the longest to finish out of all the levels I've done so far, but it was like a really hard twitch reflex puzzle. Satisfying to finally finish. However, I played it after 80% of this thread shat all over it, so I had low expectations. I had fun with it but it did feel like it lasted foreeever though.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm not very good™ at this game and after getting through its first map, somehow I didn't die a single time in my first ever run of Dead Ahead. What I'm saying is I will probably spend 3 hours trying to finish it the second time around. :shepface:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Holy poo poo the last level. :wtc:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I love it when I just bum-rush levels and end up doing cool cinematic poo poo. That's one thing that for sure hasn't changed between games. It's just harder to do in 2.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Corvo posted:

Yeah, he probably just extended the hitbox down the arm/hand so it can't go through walls and let you shoot people on the other side.

Actually, before you go into any map, you can hug the outside wall, lock on to the enemies inside, and shoot them if they're close enough to you. A few of the army levels, you can just go back out of bounds and pick off people one by one if it's too hard/bullshit.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So you can't actually finish Hard News with Dallas. Jake's too fat to get around the desk to hit the last guy and even with Goon Fu it's 50/50 if you can make it there or not.

Naturally I found this out after getting a 22x combo.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So reading some of the plot summary posts in this thread I got a little confused, the soldier character is not the 50 blessings janitor/pizza guy from the first game? I mean, obviously if the injured guy is Jacket I'd expect him to recognize the soldier but the art is identical (or perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me?).

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 15, 2015

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Anatharon posted:

So you can't actually finish Hard News with Dallas. Jake's too fat to get around the desk to hit the last guy and even with Goon Fu it's 50/50 if you can make it there or not.

You def can, just like the rest of the game, you have to bait him out.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Anatharon posted:

You don't need to kill him to complete the level. You just take the case on the desk and leave, and he just sits there, I think with his hands up?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ledgy posted:

You def can, just like the rest of the game, you have to bait him out.

Maybe it's bugged in a different way then, because I tried that and he just kept shooting at me then standing there until he eventually ran out of ammo.

Cerebulon posted:

You don't need to kill him to complete the level. You just take the case on the desk and leave, and he just sits there, I think with his hands up?

I don't mean the guy sitting down with his hands up, I mean the mobster with the silenced pistol.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I'm up to Dead Ahead. It's pretty difficult.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So reading some of the plot summary posts in this thread I got a little confused, the soldier character is not the 50 blessings janitor/pizza guy from the first game? I mean, obviously if the injured guy is Jacket I'd expect him to recognize the soldier but the art is identical (or perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me?).

The Soldier is Beard, the bartender/convenience store & VHS shop owner from the first game. All the Hawaii missions take place before HM1. Beard is not on of the Janitors.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

RandallODim posted:

The Soldier is Beard, the bartender/convenience store & VHS shop owner from the first game. All the Hawaii missions take place before HM1. Beard is not on of the Janitors.

I must be confusing the sprites I guess, been a while since I watched the ending. With that said I'll spoiler tag my post as many people clearly haven't finished the game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Anatharon posted:

Eh, I did it. Took me a couple of deaths, but I managed to bait him out and kill him.

S-rank as well. Dallas truly is the best.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Whoever said that the melee timing is completely different from HM2 to 1 was right, I went back to play the first again and I'm sucking a lot because of it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I was stuck on Dead Ahead for about 50 minutes when I first did it. I'm replaying the game (On normal) and I managed to steamroll it no problem, but still missed the time bonus overall.

It's by far the worst level but the cover shooter part isn't even the worst part of it, I think the shelfing floor with the six smaller rooms at the bottom and top is the most obnoxious.

The Flamethrower unlock for the Hawaii levels makes replaying them a dream though. It's almost as if they knew the player would rather just cut the bullshit and go on the rampage they've been dreaming of and gave you the ultimate weapon to do so with :black101:

• Locked thread