Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Everyone on TSM played great but Lustboy played the best imo, he gets vote for MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudonut
Jun 1, 2004

Sorry for being a latecomer, but why was "the worst team from China" in the IEM playoffs?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Pseudonut posted:

Sorry for being a latecomer, but why was "the worst team from China" in the IEM finals?

They were at the tournament because they won an IEM event somewhere, I think?

They were in the finals because every team they faced poo poo the bed.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Zwingley posted:

They were in the finals because every team they faced poo poo the bed.

Well. Every team but one.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
WE legitimately played really loving well vs GE, it wasn't entirely GE playing awfully or w/e. Spirit is a god

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the lovely quality, but this move just made my day. I just love the confused Ahri not even trying to go back over again.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Pseudonut posted:

Sorry for being a latecomer, but why was "the worst team from China" in the IEM playoffs?

The team won the chinese IEM qualifier last july, but the team that won that & the team that was last place in this season's LPL is not the same team that was at this IEM event. They replaced their mid & ADC for this IEM with an ex-OGN ADC & the #1 CR solo queue player. The team is obviously very skilled in lane and 1v1, so they were table to surprise some teams. GE isn't a team full of monster laners, they mostly dominate through superior team play & WE managed to snowball games 2 & 3 off of a dominant early game using their mechanical prowess. GE also seemed to really underestimate them.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Jonny Angel posted:

Well. Every team but one.

They didn't face the team that didn't poo poo the bed until said final, though. I think? :shrug: I haven't really been paying attention to the structure of the tournament.

e: Oh wait, I checked; WE's first game was against TSM. My mistake.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Zwingley posted:

They didn't face the team that didn't poo poo the bed until said final, though. I think? :shrug: I haven't really been paying attention to the structure of the tournament.

TSM murdered them in round 1 of their group stage.

book
Nov 29, 2014

Freaksaus posted:

Sorry for the lovely quality, but this move just made my day. I just love the confused Ahri not even trying to go back over again.

Dyrus didn't even know he did that. Totally blind.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

When LCS gets on the current patch we are going to see Quas playing Urgot :unsmigghh:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

just in case anyone missed the hilarious postgame lightshow that went on after each match

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Corki was picked 14 times and that team lost 10 of those times at IEM

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
World's is going to be so weird this year. The gutting of Korea makes Korea look a lot weaker and China a little more inconsistent. GE Tigers didn't look nearly as strong in this international showing as Samsung teams or SKT did in the past. We'll see again when the post-spring international tournament happens, I'm sure GE will go back and train harder and we'll get to see China's strongest team show up this time, too.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Freaksaus posted:

She had used her other 2 dashes earlier. This was the coolest play of the tourney, I laughed so hard.

I hope WE goes back to the LPL and starts wrecking it up, I want to see them at worlds.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
TSM looks pretty good with an actual mid, support and jungler.

book posted:

Dyrus didn't even know he did that. Totally blind.

It's the best play of the tournament.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

When LCS gets on the current patch we are going to see Quas playing Urgot :unsmigghh:

And tanky jungles.

Also:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfM4grbz-7w

Oh my how things have changed.

Calax fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 16, 2015

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So I guess the team at worlds that 'will stomp everyone and can't possibly lose' won't be Korean. It'll be TSM.

Good to see a non-Korea win though. I just hope IEM step it up for the next tournament.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

And tanky jungles.

Also:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfM4grbz-7w

Oh my how things have changed.

Pro junglers for the most part seem very slow to adapt, I think we're going to still see way too much Jarvan for awhile.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

Pro junglers for the most part seem very slow to adapt, I think we're going to still see way too much Jarvan for awhile.

i think jungle is just so unforgiving in competitive that you really need to be very confident your new pick will work or else they'll fall back on standards. It takes some innovators in the position like Diamond to bring the new poo poo in. Or like an entire patch needs to go through then teams will have scrimmed enough with their experimental picks to feel they are game ready.

Diamond was already jungling Sej before this patch so I think GMB is in a good position to run down the 2nd half of EU LCS.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Jarvin is still pretty good. For the ult. But you don't need it if you're getting like lissandra and etc. You can play him top pretty well but rumble or meow ki basically does the same thing with better build paths and get hosed less by 2v1s so who knows if you'll ever see it much. I don't know if the sej solo Q dominance will ever translate given how God drat Long 6 takes on her especially when you've got to split xp.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Sej might end up like old amumu or current udyr where they're kings of solo q and never get nerfed because they dodge the reactionary lcs jungle nerfs. Honestly if you look at win rates for junglers LCS worthy jungles barely crack top 10 because they get poo poo on so hard so constantly but have to get picked anyways because they can build sightstones and split all their xp and still do their jobs.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I figure we're gonna see something pop up out of Europe in the jungle before we see it in NA (Kikis and Diamond are the most willing to toy around with things).

The Current NA teams? I'd guess it'd be Santorin and Rush who really push the envelope. Santorin because he can work with OddOne on what seems to be strong, while Rush just because it seems like TIP are the type to practice their asses off at a new meta.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Combo posted:

Corki was picked 14 times and that team lost 10 of those times at IEM

Graves was picked 3 times, banned 4 times, and won 0 times. Gnar was picked 4 times and won 0 times. Rengar, of course, was picked 3 times and won 0 times.

Lucian though had a 100% win rate through 5 games.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Was Sivir picked to many times overall?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You can pry Lee Sin from Rush's cold dead fingers. He's been itching to have an excuse to lock in Kha'zix too, so I think unless the team really tries to get him to play a tank jungler that's not too likely.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Calax posted:

Was Sivir picked to many times overall?

Sivir was picked 7 times, banned 4, and won 6 games.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

You can pry Lee Sin from Rush's cold dead fingers. He's been itching to have an excuse to lock in Kha'zix too, so I think unless the team really tries to get him to play a tank jungler that's not too likely.

Soooo... Rush feels about Lee Sin what Spirit feels about Jarvan IV?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Calax posted:

Soooo... Rush feels about Lee Sin what Spirit feels about Jarvan IV?

Spirit has only succeeded this season with Jarvan, Reksai, and Nidali. TSM was targeting him and it left him no viable options.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
The Lust Cena thing is the most random and awesome poo poo I've ever seen. You can't make that kind of thing up.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Just watched the finals. gently caress yes go TSM! Very excited to see this!

WTF happened to GE? I didnt see the game with GE vs WE. Did WE play really good or did GE play really poo poo?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

SkyEnzo posted:

WTF happened to GE? I didnt see the game with GE vs WE. Did WE play really good or did GE play really poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkPEbhKWz-A

That's game one. And it was a bit of both. Includes GE taking Yasuo for game 2 and WE playing INSANE for day 2.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

SkyEnzo posted:

Both.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Just watched the games. GE were like headless chickens running around lost. WE deserved the wins. Good on em for beating GE.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
GE Tigers lost two games during the regular season, it's hard to learn from mistakes when you don't make many. Their cockiness was exposed and WE were in the right place at the right time. GE probably thought that WE were way beneath them since they spent the whole split in China in last place.

It's the same kind of thing that happened to Samsung Ozone in Season 3, they really should have done a whole lot better but they were way too cocky and didn't make it out of group stages, when they should have been one of the top 3 teams in the tournament.

To be honest, I think that's why CJ Entus loses so many games too. Things like Shy refusing to pick up champions like Gnar and developing a single counter against it (Picking Shy's Mundo) which becomes such a glaring weakness for CJ when someone just bans Mundo and picks Gnar anyway.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

Their cockiness was exposed

This is basically the whole reason GE lost. I'm not taking anything away from WE (and especially not from TSM, who looked drat good I thought), but GE wanted to style on WE and I'm glad they got punished for it.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 16, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Someone translated Lustboy's blog he made while at the airport here is the link & here are some interesting bits http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2z7tz2/lustboys_airport_blog_on_iem_katowice_talks_kr/

quote:

4. The GE Tigers and CJ Entus arrived the day before the tournament, and were forced to play in their matches like that. They were in really poor condition. Most of the other teams got there earlier and had plenty of space...also, the hotel's breakfast was only until 10:00 AM and you couldn't eat after that, and the tournament was in the evening so it was really difficult to keep in good condition.
7. The venue was way bigger than LCS, and was extremely high quality: its scale, its size, the equipment. By the way, the monitors were at 2560 resolution, which was too big. Most players changed it to 1920 and played in windowed mode.
9.Polish girls are very cute. It's the country of my dreams. However, if I want to get closer to them I need to learn Polish.
12. I think, from here, the first generation players with incredible game knowledge on the market will be far more highly valued than before (This is a personal thought, so don't read into it too much).

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Someone translated Lustboy's blog he made while at the airport here is the link & here are some interesting bits http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2z7tz2/lustboys_airport_blog_on_iem_katowice_talks_kr/

Further proof that Lustboy rules.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

quote:

9.Polish girls are very cute. It's the country of my dreams. However, if I want to get closer to them I need to learn Polish.

Lustboy: Not a gamer, but most definitely a playa. :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

Lustboy: Not a gamer, but most definitely a playa. :whatup:
Being on TSM must be a dream come true for a nerd because I remember Dyrus trying to explain signing boobs in Taiwan or Taipei during world's and not being able to say it directly so he just made groping motions.

• Locked thread