Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
:angelcatte:

Vendor Trash posted:

burn the quilt

Don"t burn the quilt :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Vendor Trash posted:

burn the quilt

pretend i printed a picture of the quilt with julio's square crossed off. i'm too busy staring at the quilt and stressing out to make that visual joke

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

the quilt is going to madison, to keep her warm

Piso Mojado

you should give the quilt to a homeless vet, or me

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

give it to me, moo cow, well known byober

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

XyloJW

Grass Effect posted:

is the quilt actually going to be mailed around, because that would be spooky

yep

joke_explainer posted:

idk why people keep repeating this b/c i'm pretty sure fluffie has never said this and it would be weird. i assume the quilt is just going to stay at fluffie's house, and she's going to take pictures of it and show us.

no she did, she said so back around page 5 or 7, I forget.

Lil Cunty

I hope the quilt is taken very good care of when it gets to its forever home and I also hope that its owner remembers that it's spot-clean only

ty crap

ty landy

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
the quilt is actually a burial shroud for nomates rip

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Dotcom Jillionaire posted:

the quilt is actually a burial shroud for nomates rip

please try to keep up

pig slut lisa posted:

the quilt is nomates' burial shroud

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

jizz rag

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Sub Harrison

I'll take it if noone wants it

Sub Harrison

It'll look really good hidden away in my closet so noone in my family will know my dark secret

alnilam

I'm pretty excited to get the quilt

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
me and the quilt are going to hang outside a video store and ill say funny drug things and hit on hot women in funny ways

alnilam

me and the quilt will not trust each other at first, since we are from different cultural backgrounds. but when a criminal mastermind threatens something we both love, we'll team up and be incredible crime solving partners, and learn to be best friends in the process

verily carefree

its Tuesday

Miss Psychosis

Gone Fashing posted:

me and the quilt are going to hang outside a video store and ill say funny drug things and hit on hot women in funny ways

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

the quilt and I will hit the road, traveling wherever the wind takes us, until tragedy tears us apart for twenty years, then when I'm certain I'll never see its patchwork visage again, it will stride back into my life

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I thought all involved had entered into a tontine. :ohdear:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

please give me an I'm a loser flashing tag

Stormyish

BYOB Rachel posted:

please give me an I'm a loser flashing tag

FluffieDuckie

:siren: quilt update :siren:

sometimes quilting is about standing over the quilt and thinking. today was one of those days. i spent at least an hour today standing over the quilt and deciding what i was doing with it. on the table: byob colors or black and white.

i asked everyone in my family, anyone in irc that would listen to me, and i even sent a sa pm to ask advice. the winner is black and white, but i'm going to do something a bit more colorful in the title square to placate the pro byob colors contingent.

once that decision was made my daughter and i hit the fabric store where commenced more standing around thinking

for example i stood in front of this display of black fabric for 15 minutes.

i took out almost every single bolt and stared at it. i narrowed it down to 3 and my daughter came over and we discussed it for 10 more minutes and finally selected the best. best of course translated to "most expensive" but at that point i didn't care

then we hit the fat quarters section and tried to pick byob colors for the title square. i had printed out a page from the forum and we laid it on the ground and tossed fabric down all around it to try to pick the best.

after that things got easier until we got to the bias tape section. bias tape is what i've been calling "binding" it's the fabric strip that connects the 3 layers of the quilt. we needed black. black would be where that empty section is on the bottom row

after a search that involved all the employees in the store, we were able to secure necessary bias tape, but only after i had to listen to 2 separate employees explain how i could make my own. they didnt' seem to understand that i'd rather stick needles in my eyes than make my own bias tape.

the haul:

if i told you how much it all cost it would make your eyes water. i mean it made my eyes water. you might just laugh at me. idk.

so we got home and i tried to design the title square. unfortunately i think i've expended all the creative energy i can muster for this quilt today.

fortunately there is plenty of boring rote crap to do in quilting so i did that

that's the sashing - the strips that separate the squares. i'll sew each row together using these things then i'll combine the rows using long strips (that i haven't cut yet). then we'll be a short 15 or 20 steps away from having a quilt.

i'm entertaining the idea of starting sewing tonight but that's giving me little panic attacks bc there's no changing stuff once it's sewn together. i mean you CAN, but that involves ripping seams out and once i start ripping seams out you know things are going downhill fast around here.

i am he

O_o

Piso Mojado

wow duckie, this is really cool

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: quilt update :siren:

sometimes quilting is about standing over the quilt and thinking. today was one of those days. i spent at least an hour today standing over the quilt and deciding what i was doing with it. on the table: byob colors or black and white.

i asked everyone in my family, anyone in irc that would listen to me, and i even sent a sa pm to ask advice. the winner is black and white, but i'm going to do something a bit more colorful in the title square to placate the pro byob colors contingent.

once that decision was made my daughter and i hit the fabric store where commenced more standing around thinking

for example i stood in front of this display of black fabric for 15 minutes.

i took out almost every single bolt and stared at it. i narrowed it down to 3 and my daughter came over and we discussed it for 10 more minutes and finally selected the best. best of course translated to "most expensive" but at that point i didn't care

then we hit the fat quarters section and tried to pick byob colors for the title square. i had printed out a page from the forum and we laid it on the ground and tossed fabric down all around it to try to pick the best.

after that things got easier until we got to the bias tape section. bias tape is what i've been calling "binding" it's the fabric strip that connects the 3 layers of the quilt. we needed black. black would be where that empty section is on the bottom row

after a search that involved all the employees in the store, we were able to secure necessary bias tape, but only after i had to listen to 2 separate employees explain how i could make my own. they didnt' seem to understand that i'd rather stick needles in my eyes than make my own bias tape.

the haul:

if i told you how much it all cost it would make your eyes water. i mean it made my eyes water. you might just laugh at me. idk.

so we got home and i tried to design the title square. unfortunately i think i've expended all the creative energy i can muster for this quilt today.

fortunately there is plenty of boring rote crap to do in quilting so i did that

that's the sashing - the strips that separate the squares. i'll sew each row together using these things then i'll combine the rows using long strips (that i haven't cut yet). then we'll be a short 15 or 20 steps away from having a quilt.

i'm entertaining the idea of starting sewing tonight but that's giving me little panic attacks bc there's no changing stuff once it's sewn together. i mean you CAN, but that involves ripping seams out and once i start ripping seams out you know things are going downhill fast around here.

idk how you make bias tape but it sounds like bullshit excuses for them not ordering enough inventory in the first place

you are the most amazing person Fluffie, thank you for all your hard work!

City of Glompton

agreed. I have a renewed appreciation for the quilts my mom made for me.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

alnilam

fluffie is no fool. her quilts are really cool! her house has a pool. she sews with sewing tools.

Al Borland

by XyloJW
no words just a lot of looking.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bacalou

I feel like we owe duckie some sort of huge favor after this

BYOB bank heist megathread incoming

Brexit the Frog

motherfuckin applause for all this effort

and all for us goofy internet tards

thankyou again fluffie ♥♥♥

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

that's a poo poo ton of effort

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Stormyish

somebody buy fluffie a vanity emote
not me, I'm poor
but somebody

landy.

Stormyish posted:

somebody buy fluffie a vanity emote
not me, I'm poor
but somebody

ok i did it :duckie:

Stormyish

another

Stormyish

the same thing but with a quilt over it

Stormyish

unless you did just buy that and I'm dumb

landy.

Stormyish posted:

unless you did just buy that and I'm dumb

i totally did, but don't be hard on yourself. :)

beer pal

fluffie duckies family likes my square the best

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
FluffieDuckie why are you doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Theglavwen posted:

FluffieDuckie why are you doing this?

i can't remember...

• Locked thread