Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I totally agree. Like I said earlier in the thread, I sucked pretty bad at the original and still had fun with it. HM2 just felt really unpleasant in its difficulty, and the GUNS GUNS GUNS part of the design really let me down. HM1 eased you into the shooting-heavy parts, and it worked really well. It even made the gun-toting enemies feel more like a threat you had to prioritize instead of just walking into a room and spraying lead/baiting everyone around a corner. The whole way everything played out just felt really repetitive, like I was trying to speedrun something instead of enjoy the game.

Agreed. I don't like the baiting gameplay or the constant screen hunting with the touch pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Well hopefully we'll see the level editor come out soon, getting bored of replaying Jake's missions over and over again. :smith:

Master of Stealth
Oct 12, 2012

Great, I'm getting stuck in walls after going up and down stairs. I'm was really liking this game, but the omnipresent bugs are taking me out of it. On the vita version, there are also issues with the camera locking when you drag the screen, trophies not unlocking and the touch screen lock on not working a significant amount of the time. I played Hotline Miami on the vita as well and did not experience nearly as many issues. :(

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
I know for sure I'm going to make an act consisting entirely of Jake storming into different restaurants that gave him bad food service.

Hotline Miami 3: Wrong Order.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I really do hope the level editors allow for custom dialogue. I want an alternate timeline where the Fans wind up doing exactly what they were dreading. Instead of hearing noises in the back of the drug dealer's place and coming across something worse, they just move on, run out of targets and wind up murdering people over the most petty things.

Mission: Break into a dude's house and murder him for jaywalking.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you can for some reason put in dialogue I will use the level editor to make Hotline Miami fanfiction I don't give a gently caress

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I wouldn't mind playing as Dennis from Always Sunny, murdering people for shushing me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm gonna make First Blood.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Serperoth posted:

Holy poo poo the last level. :wtc:

The best part was it pretty much confirmed what we all should've known already, The Son single-handedly killed every single one of the Fans, hence the hallucinations of them. He wouldn't have known what they looked like otherwise. That guy's possibly the biggest badass in the game.

Jake's a pretty close second though :v:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Robawesome posted:

I wouldn't mind playing as Dennis from Always Sunny, murdering people for shushing me

Swans are birds.
Alex and Ash are siblings...

It might be my sleepy state speaking, but Always Sunny Fans makes sense.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Corey played by Charlie and Tony played by (country) Mac.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
A level where the Fans go out to find something to do, find nothing, then go back home and sulk. Mark offers to get pizza.

Cue six hours of non-stop, unrelenting mega-slaughter where Mark has to battle through an entire city block to retrieve the pizza for his friends.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

Corey played by Charlie

Corey even has the same green Taxi Driver army jacket.

Jake Mark is of course Frank.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm gonna make 1-1 and green hill zone

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Nothing but Ninjas

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

Don't forget the deadly speed traps.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

CJacobs posted:

If you can for some reason put in dialogue I will use the level editor to make Hotline Miami fanfiction I don't give a gently caress

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CJacobs posted:

If you can for some reason put in dialogue I will use the level editor to make Hotline Miami slashfiction I don't give a gently caress

FTFY.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm gonna make the first level of Doom.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
A level where Tony goes for a job interview. When reception asks him to remove his mask, he flies into a rage and must slaughter through fifteen floors of security to reach the interview room.

He is hired on the spot for showing his dedication to the role of Children's Entertainment Mascot.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Songbearer posted:

A level where Tony goes for a job interview. When reception asks him to remove his mask, he flies into a rage and must slaughter through fifteen floors of security to reach the interview room.

He is hired on the spot for showing his dedication to the role of Children's Entertainment Mascot.

There's a Five Nights at Freddie's joke in here somewhere...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Remake Falling Down.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Remake Uwe Boll's Rampage.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Songbearer posted:

A level where the Fans go out to find something to do, find nothing, then go back home and sulk. Mark offers to get pizza.

Cue six hours of non-stop, unrelenting mega-slaughter where Mark has to battle through an entire city block to retrieve the pizza for his friends.

Would actually play

Would also play a set of summer-themed levels where everyone's armed with plastic shovels, metal detectors and super soakers and the soundtrack is songs taken from this:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Remake Falling Down.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Remake Falling Down.

WHERE IS THE LEVEL EDITOR GOD DAMMIT

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Songbearer posted:

I was stuck on Dead Ahead for about 50 minutes when I first did it. I'm replaying the game (On normal) and I managed to steamroll it no problem, but still missed the time bonus overall.

It's by far the worst level but the cover shooter part isn't even the worst part of it, I think the shelfing floor with the six smaller rooms at the bottom and top is the most obnoxious.

The Flamethrower unlock for the Hawaii levels makes replaying them a dream though. It's almost as if they knew the player would rather just cut the bullshit and go on the rampage they've been dreaming of and gave you the ultimate weapon to do so with :black101:

Agreed. That's the part I'm stuck on

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Gonna make Kaizo Hotline Miami with the editor. (its just Dead Ahead, then Dead Ahead Hard Mode in one map)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

quakster posted:

Psychedelic voids are no place for a man, not even a hardened criminal.

The Son learned this the hard way

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

How long before people start making mockups of their schools, and this game gets on Fox News for being a "Columbine Simulator?"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Eaten by Tigers posted:

Gonna make Kaizo Hotline Miami with the editor. (its just Dead Ahead, then Dead Ahead Hard Mode in one map)

Gonna make a bloody arena- 100 floors, theme change every 10 levels, ascending difficulty, combos can be carried between all floors, all floors a sane size.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm gonna make First Blood.

Yeah if I can make the Soldier vs. Cops that's the first thing I'm doing.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Waffle! posted:

How long before people start making mockups of their schools, and this game gets on Fox News for being a "Columbine Simulator?"

Think of all the people who will use Pig Butcher to rape their stalkee :allears:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Corey even has the same green Taxi Driver army jacket.

Jake Mark is of course Frank.

She's wearing a Miami Dolphins jacket.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Think of all the people who will use Pig Butcher to rape their stalkee :allears:

Even if they let you do dialogue you probably won't be able to use all the animations like people putting their hands up to surrender and whatnot.

CJacobs posted:

They wanted to let people make Hotline Miami 3 in the level editor with in/outros and stuff so that's probable.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Willing to bet that ends up conveniently (mercifully) left out of the object list

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Well, to each its own. After replaying Seizure and tearing every single mother fucker down while listeing to that glorious song I just don't get the haters.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Why were there guys pointing guns at eachother at the pizza place after scene 1?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

Why were there guys pointing guns at eachother at the pizza place after scene 1?

I think it was meant to show that since the massacre of the first game, organized crime groups and general ne'er-do-wells have managed to make comeback in the streets of Miami.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Remake Falling Down.

It's a single level and it's a completely-to-scale recreation of a chunk of L.A. And you get shot by a shotgun guy through the window of the army surplus store from thousands of scale miles away as soon as you start.

Hey, the map's called Falling Down for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I must be confusing the sprites I guess, been a while since I watched the ending. With that said I'll spoiler tag my post as many people clearly haven't finished the game.

Also Beard/Soldier died in San Francisco before the events of HM1, and all his appearances in HM1 are just Jacket's coma hallucinations.

• Locked thread