Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

when I congratulate my fellow tankers on their good botting, sometimes they're not pleased.

Kainelestat1974 (3:35:50 PM) nah you uninstall i dont bot never have if you think that then that is you budd have a good day contact me again accusing me of anything and I will report you for harassment :-)

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Kainelestat1974/1000995345/

drat maybe I was mistaken?

yeah he's just a shitter who never learned how to play so he gets his 300 damage in a type 59 and calls it a job well done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srb
Jul 24, 2007

maev posted:

I saw a quickybaby video where he said the 112 was a better is-6. I'm not taking his word as gospel or anything but why is he wrong?

112 has a really, really, really good upper front plate. Probably the best in tier 8.

The lower hull is 76mm and has a fuel tank.

The 112 has a pretty good turret, better than the IS-6.

It has really huge cupolas that are easy to hit.

It gets 250mm HEAT, which is less reliable than 217 APCR with a gun with that poor accuracy, and will still struggle frontally against really tough tier 9 targets (especially if you need weak spots to get through them).

So 112 has a really great frontal aspect against targets it can easily pen with AP, but so does the IS-6. There's little reason to get one.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Zettace posted:

If they wanted medium tanks to flank then they wouldn't make all maps 3 lane dota maps.

Correct.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Some good news on that front:

SR posted:

-The worst (least successful with most corridors) maps will be removed from the game. Currently, following maps are reviewed for that purpose: Hidden Village, Sacred Valley, South Coast and North-West

It's a start, if nothing else.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Zettace posted:

If they wanted medium tanks to flank then they wouldn't make all maps 3 lane dota maps.

lol, if only they could understand...

its also the cause of shorts games now, since pubbies doesnt need to hide, its just lemming into a lane and crash into enemy lemmings. makes pubbie meta about HIGH alpha short range fights. this leads to 3mins fight everytime, with the side that gets the first lucky shots in, murdering the other side easily 15-5.

And about the silver nerd : Devs want to create more butthurt then there already is about premium ammo :) fun times ahead

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

CitizenKain posted:

Hellsau, I want to say thank you for recommending the comedy 37mm autocannon on the MT-25. When it works, its so incredibly satisfying to just grind some poor idiot to dust. Really burns through the money though firing APCR out of it though.

It's not a tank to make credits in. It's a tank to gently caress over Rhoombas.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Finally got the top gun on the Conqueror. Now I have a big enough hammer to actually scare pubbies into not rushing me and good lord is a laser gun compaired to Russian guns.

Now I just need the top engine and I can be the fat medium the thing was designed to be

Foxtrot_13 fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 15, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Whoever thought "win the battle" should be a primary rather than secondary objective for HT-15 needs to be loving shot.

I am not a good enough player to make money (or break even) on the E 100, nor am I good enough to consistently tank/deal that kind of damage in any heavy. Pretty much the only way I am going to break the 8k limit for damage dealt/bounced/absorbed is when my team melts around me and the enemy can't aim, like this match.

e: For context, this match was basically lost from the start. Our team didn't fully commit to hill, so the guys who went up got slaughtered while the rest kind of milled about aimlessly. By the time I'd reached the village about half our tanks were out of action either dead or simply too badly out of position to relocate and do anything useful. The entire match after the first two minutes was basically myself and 3-4 other tanks holding village against light pressure while the rest of our team crumbled.

I can't read and the little dialogue box didn't open.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 15, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

rossmum posted:

Whoever thought "win the battle" should be a primary rather than secondary objective for HT-15 needs to be loving shot.

I am not a good enough player to make money (or break even) on the E 100, nor am I good enough to consistently tank/deal that kind of damage in any heavy. Pretty much the only way I am going to break the 8k limit for damage dealt/bounced/absorbed is when my team melts around me and the enemy can't aim, like this match.

e: For context, this match was basically lost from the start. Our team didn't fully commit to hill, so the guys who went up got slaughtered while the rest kind of milled about aimlessly. By the time I'd reached the village about half our tanks were out of action either dead or simply too badly out of position to relocate and do anything useful. The entire match after the first two minutes was basically myself and 3-4 other tanks holding village against light pressure while the rest of our team crumbled.

Honestly, the E-75/ST-1/VK4502B are safer bets for that mission, since you can end up in games where you are one of few tier9 tanks.
Here is my HT-15 game, where I just bounced a bunch of tier8 shots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jYc2AWnro

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

The E 75 has too many weakspots and too little hitpoints to even have a chance on NA west, because your dumb failed abortion teammates will run away at the first sign of trouble and then you lack the speed to get away or the armour to at least last a while.

Like, I wish I could adequately describe to you lucky souls who play on any other server just how worthless these pieces of poo poo are.

e: wait what? It was a secondary condition, so I got it but the window didn't appear, so I didn't read it in the post-battle window. Nice interface, Wargaming.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 15, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

rossmum posted:

The E 75 has too many weakspots and too little hitpoints to even have a chance on NA west, because your dumb failed abortion teammates will run away at the first sign of trouble and then you lack the speed to get away or the armour to at least last a while.

Like, I wish I could adequately describe to you lucky souls who play on any other server just how worthless these pieces of poo poo are.

e: wait what? It was a secondary condition, so I got it but the window didn't appear, so I didn't read it in the post-battle window. Nice interface, Wargaming.

Yeah it's a secondary, but you want to get the secondary in the last mission of each class since they give you an extra tank token thing. If you get them all you can skip an entire class of tanks missions.

Ammoracking the best player on the enemy team 30 seconds into the match is pretty great: http://a.pomf.se/qmycbq.webm

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 15, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

I'm not too worried about skipping classes, since I want the full number of available crew anyway.

E: If you like fast, violent play and don't mind watching the replay rather than waiting a month or two for the Youtube upload, this game is for you! Cliffnotes: top tier in Covenanter on Westfield, 9 kills, some good ol' fashioned rams on TDs.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 15, 2015

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Haha, I am not playing the missions in arty in order to get one more crew. gently caress that. Bad enough I have to platoon with the things to get the LT missions done.

v v v Maybe so, but I would be contributing to there being more arty in battles. And light tanks are fun, arty is not fun.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 15, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

The arty missions (at least the first set) are actually not too bad, and probably easier than the light missions are - and I'm saying this as someone who doesn't own an SPG above tier 6.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

LT-10 made me upset.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rossmum posted:

The arty missions (at least the first set) are actually not too bad, and probably easier than the light missions are - and I'm saying this as someone who doesn't own an SPG above tier 6.

The next ones are literally impossible without going at least into tier 7 due to splashing multiple tanks and high base damage requirements. The third tier might as well not even exist.

I mean yeah the first ones are fine since AMX 105, leFH, and M12 are good enough to do them all, but the future ones are just laughable unless you're rigging them, let's rig the missions y'all.

e: oh poo poo also NA gets on track to the FV4202 if you wanna get that in preparation for whatever they're doing to the 4202 in the future (other than nerfing the worst tier ten medium).

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I doubt I'll ever get better than being a coin-flipper. As much as I like this game I'm just not the sort of person who likes reading about maps, reading and then rereading guides, and memorizing the stats and weakspots on every tank. I'll probably try for the FC4204 mission but it'll undoubtedly be a nightmare of brute forcing my way to whatever the objective is.

On the plus side I'm only 110k away from unlcoking the Cent 7/1. That's only, what, 50 daily doubles?

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Welcome to the Twilight Zone (otherwise known as low-tier NA west).

I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rossmum posted:

Welcome to the Twilight Zone (otherwise known as low-tier NA west).

I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Dat T1HT :O Camps spawn, faces city with rear, does not carry an extinguisher, and has 250 games in the T1HT.

You should definitely have manually reloaded when you killed the Luchs, though it didn't cost you any damage. Also turn off encounter, what are you doing, you're on West and you're playing with encounter turned on? Are you looking for completely non-competitive matches?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
http://wotreplays.com/site/1710932#self

Did 4k damage in a Panther on Redshire. Hump the middle hill and fire the needles of doom all game from max render range. I've been doing really well in this tank, surprisingly. I'm usually a brawler medium type but there's something serene about having so much pen and in a pinch manoeuvrability, I should be on course to unlocking the Panther 2 in around 60 games :gonk:.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

RandomPauI posted:

I doubt I'll ever get better than being a coin-flipper. As much as I like this game I'm just not the sort of person who likes reading about maps, reading and then rereading guides, and memorizing the stats and weakspots on every tank. I'll probably try for the FC4204 mission but it'll undoubtedly be a nightmare of brute forcing my way to whatever the objective is.

On the plus side I'm only 110k away from unlcoking the Cent 7/1. That's only, what, 50 daily doubles?

You don't need to be a supersperg to be better than a coinflipper. I don't memorize exact stats, just generic things like high pen, high ROF, thick armour, etc. I don't memorize maps either, but then again I end up doing dumb poo poo like overextending too often.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I got the SPG-9 mission for ramming a M41 with my FV304. Not sure that was supposed to work, but I'm ok with it.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

RandomPauI posted:

You don't need to sperg about theory to get better at the game. Most tanks have generic weekpoints (commanders hatch, lfp, drivers hatch etc) and most guns in the countries lines are the same type (slow firing sledgehammers, high ROF low damage etc) so just know about them. The same for armour.

Also most maps have three corridors or basic areas certain tanks can do well with. It's not alot to be able to do well. For example Redshire the centre hill and the east is the key, the road on the west is a shooting gallery if you controll the centre. Every other map has similar basic strats.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
300 damage from HT-15 with honors. I knew I should have left that WTE-100 hit me one more time. Sigh.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Found an extremely poor player in World of Tanks.

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/SgtMeenderink

I know what you're thinking - a bad player in World of Tanks? Impossible! But this is not a bot - he challenged me to a 1v1. I went in with my Comet against his Super P and killed him without taking a damage. We were on Mittengard.

He has 1800 games in the Super P and a 41% winrate in it. He was playing the Super P because he was out of money. He has no tanks beyond tier 5. Guess his Super P's average damage: 0242

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Those stats are actually impressive for someone who tries their best to sabotage their team and their own play intentionally. I cannot think of it any other way.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Hellsau posted:

I went in with my Comet against his Super P and killed him without taking a damage. We were on Mittengard.

how the gently caress

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

rossmum posted:

how the gently caress

T26E4 Super Pershing: 1852 games @ 41.31%

VS

Comet: 154 games @ 70.13%

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Steelion posted:

T26E4 Super Pershing: 1852 games @ 41.31%

VS

Comet: 154 games @ 70.13%

Typical stat whore. Everyone knows statistics are random. Totally unrelated, I've been going in with these two lines-

"Ban anyone with a winrate below 48% and more than 5 thousand battles. Literally holding W and holding left click on reds will get you 50%."
"If you're below 50%, you've proven you don't want to actually play this tank game, so why should you be allowed to poo poo up the game for us?"

I've been getting good results. Paul is an exception that proves the rule.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

But mm rigs the games so you have worse than a 50% winrate promise!

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

no but like

how did he fail to damage hellsau even once

i know the comet has mad dpm but good lord it doesn't kill a super pershing that quickly

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

This tank does really suck though.

Could've killed the last arty, had my sights lined up on him from 450m but I needed the base capture mission and missions takes priority over everything else

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Mauser posted:

This tank does really suck though.

Could've killed the last arty, had my sights lined up on him from 450m but I needed the base capture mission and missions takes priority over everything else

VK4502A is god tier and I will accept nothing less :colbert:

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

rossmum posted:

no but like

how did he fail to damage hellsau even once

i know the comet has mad dpm but good lord it doesn't kill a super pershing that quickly

if he doesn't know you can turn your tank to turn your turret faster I can easily see hellsau taking 1 shot of damage and not being able to traverse fast enough if hellsau circles.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Chillyrabbit posted:

if he doesn't know you can turn your tank to turn your turret faster I can easily see hellsau taking 1 shot of damage and not being able to traverse fast enough if hellsau circles.

And of course he'd miss.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

also needed to do the 'block more damage than your tank has HP' so I got out the trusty KV-4

I was worried starting out that people weren't shooting at me enough because my team mates don't know how to use corners properly so i fixed that by charging at the enemy blood red tier viii

nailed it.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

That mission was fun. IS-7, Redshire north pass, retarded enemy E3 who didn't know when to quit.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

My favorite heavy mission was the one where you had to ram an enemy to death. I tried the 50b a couple times but I kept getting into battles with the heaviest tier x heavy tanks

so fast forward to the FCM and encounter redshire with my hill buddies dead and the enemies are 30 seconds from capping so I just say gently caress it and crest the hill and downhill smash a tier vi medium for 700 health and then from hits my ammo rack gets hosed but i still manage to ram the cap out of the STA while getting pummeled from three directions. I died pretty spectacularly but got the complete reset and my team managed to pull out a win that I wasn't expecting.

Ramming is the purest form of tank combat and a little encouragement to recklessly smash into something soft is all I need.

Mauser fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 16, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rossmum posted:

That mission was fun. IS-7, Redshire north pass, retarded enemy E3 who didn't know when to quit.

Those missions really do require you to drive an IS-7/E3/E-100, luck out and 1) get a map you can hide your lfp and not be totally exposed to side sniping 2) be on the side of the map the enemy lemmings 3) find lemmings competent enough to actually hit you while shooting and 4) find lemmings who just keep on shooting at you for 5+ minutes despite bouncing every shot.

Miss any one of the 4 and you don't get the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Don't forget the E75 and VKb. Maybe the KV-4 or t-32 as well, i'm not sure.