Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

DominoDancing posted:

Unfortunately I also remember her episode of Saturday Night Live, which might just have been the worst episode of SNL ever.

It can't be.

I watched the Jason Patric episode back in '94. From the opening monolog to the end credits, it is incredibly difficult to watch. He even tried to do the whole self-aware thing, openly saying that he had no business hosting the show and that the part where he goes backstage to talk to Lorne is dumb, but instead of coming off as remotely funny, it makes me want to shoot Jason Patric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

tarlibone posted:

It can't be.

I watched the Jason Patric episode back in '94. From the opening monolog to the end credits, it is incredibly difficult to watch. He even tried to do the whole self-aware thing, openly saying that he had no business hosting the show and that the part where he goes backstage to talk to Lorne is dumb, but instead of coming off as remotely funny, it makes me want to shoot Jason Patric.

Also, aren't the early 80s episodes especially bad.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

DominoDancing posted:

Unfortunately I also remember her episode of Saturday Night Live, which might just have been the worst episode of SNL ever.

Steven Segal
Milton Berle
Nearly every athlete / politician hosted episode

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

PotatoJudge posted:

Steven Segal
Milton Berle
Nearly every athlete / politician hosted episode

Hey now, Peyton Manning was awesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of funny how they're altering the online ads each week. Originally it was all "Will Forte is The Last Man on Earth" while for this week they changed it to "Will Forte is REALLY not The Last Man on Earth"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Its kind of funny how they're altering the online ads each week. Originally it was all "Will Forte is The Last Man on Earth" while for this week they changed it to "Will Forte is REALLY not The Last Man on Earth"

But he is the last man on earth thus far.

(Is Tatum really going to be on the show?)

e: Oh Phil, you forgot to put your contact info down

e2: Shart

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 16, 2015

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Meh.

This one certainly wasn't bad, but it didn't measure up to the previous episodes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, the preview for next week all but confirms my suspicions about what was going to happen this week.

Adding a 4th character, a hot dude. And the "you should procreate with her" argument being turned back against Phil and used on the hot dude.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I didn't mind January Jones in this episode. She was tolerable.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I turned it on halfway through and didn't catch any jokes. Were there jokes? The pilot was hilarious.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

Aliquid posted:

I turned it on halfway through and didn't catch any jokes. Were there jokes? The pilot was hilarious.

I thought the beginning was especially hilarious when Forte was acting all coy around January Jones in the limo, all the while trying to exclude Carol.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Not a great episode but a required set up episode. Him picking up the home made door and setting it aside got a good laugh from me though.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
He really does look like KD Lang.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

He really does look like KD Lang.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Uncanny.

He does look better with the beard, though.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
You guys put the idea in my head that Melissa could be a lesbian who'd want to hook up with Carol. It sounded so perfect to me that I ended up scrutinizing this episode waiting for the twist; it may not have come this week, but I'll be hosed if that's not where they're going. She practically throws herself at Carol when she lays eyes on her ("HERE PUT YOUR ARM AROUND ME"), seems just a little disappointed when Carol mentions she's married, and looks right at Carol when she describes her type -- a provider, which Carol certainly is having made the food -- even though Phil was the one who asked.

My guess is that Melissa somehow overheard Carol tell Phil that she would never cheat, and decided to use his obvious attraction to her to break up the marriage so she'd be free to move on Carol. That, or I'm too attached to this "Melissa is a lesbian" theory to rationally interpret her actions.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 16, 2015

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

DivisionPost posted:

My guess is that she somehow overheard Carol tell Phil he would never cheat and decided to use his obvious attraction to her to break up the marriage so she'd be free to move on Carol. That, or I'm too attached to this "Melissa is a lesbian" theory to rationally interpret her actions.

I still thought Melissa is a lesbian because she liked Carol so quickly and never felt comfortable with Phil. She still seems uncomfortable after saying she misjudged Phil.

I mean, it seems like the twist for the next episode is revealed during the commercial in the credits, but I would bet that the actual twist hasn't been revealed.

By the way, why is there a 1 hour special next week?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Because Fox are a bunch of knucklehead fucktards?

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
To add to the lesbian theory, I think Melissa is now under the impression that Phil is gay. That's what she misunderstood, why she eventually opened up to him and why she said she really wanted a man and he said 'me too'. She thinks he's gay and only agreed to get married for the sake of re-population, so when Tatum arrives at the end of the next episode and is gay, they will try to hook him and Phil up and it will cause a lot of chaos and comedy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Anyone else think it's funny that January Jones is going to have a part in something where another man's wife actually *wants* her to get pregnant by her husband?

Hopefully a Mexican nanny or French au pair survived the viral apocalypse, too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have no idea what that means, i don't read Woman's Day.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

bull3964 posted:

Most studies I've seen peg a minimum viable population for humans between 500-1000 individuals.

I can see how you'd want to mix it up as much as possible, both genetically and ethically, but out of curiosity what exactly would be the proverbial stop sign on the human race if you tried to recreate it with two people? Is it just higher infant mortality rate/illness rate and more difficulty in creating offspring?

Also this show rocks, and I can't wait to see more TWISTS.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
According to IMDB There are two more characters appearing in 7 episodes this season, Todd and Erica. Erica looks like she'll be another attractive female to tempt Phil while Todd certainly won't be the Channing Tatum we've predicted.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Rocksicles posted:

I have no idea what that means, i don't read Woman's Day.

January Jones evidently was supposedly screwing Matthew Vaughn while he was directing X:Men - First Class. Vaughn is married to Claudia Schiffer.

NowonSA posted:

I can see how you'd want to mix it up as much as possible, both genetically and ethically, but out of curiosity what exactly would be the proverbial stop sign on the human race if you tried to recreate it with two people? Is it just higher infant mortality rate/illness rate and more difficulty in creating offspring?

It would be a pretty abrupt stop. You'd need about 50 breeding pairs as a bare minimum to get a decent start, preferably with good genes. The *safe* number is ~500-600 breeding pairs.

Also, just an aside, but this show became a whole lot funnier when I started pretending Will Forte was Chris-Chan. I also really thought he was going to try and kill Carol (or just think about it) when he said "what if I wasn't married?"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 16, 2015

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm liking this show so far. I'm hoping it is able to pull in ratings to get 2nd and 3rd seasons. How is it doing so far ratings-wise?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I miss the beard.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Yeah losing the beard was a mistake

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think have having come out well-dressed and his hair neat, but still having the beard, would've been funny. But oh well.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I want Phil to win. I can only watch someone get beat down so much.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

moolchaba posted:

I'm liking this show so far. I'm hoping it is able to pull in ratings to get 2nd and 3rd seasons. How is it doing so far ratings-wise?

Down to about what other fox Sunday night shows do. Not in trouble but it needs to level off. 1.5 million demo, 3.7 total.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Holy poo poo.

"Moby dick? Try Moby Double Dick."

I loving love this show so much.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Great job acting creepy and awkward this week. So good I really disliked the character.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I think the forced saccharine ending really hurt this episode- if after all of carols little sappy speech Phil look at her and went "I want a divorce" it would've been a lot more comedically resonant

As it stands it's Phil being a creepy shithead for 20 minutes than magically learning how to not be in the final two

A A 2 3 5 8 K
Nov 24, 2003
Illiteracy... what does that word even mean?
Yeah we didn't really need a whole episode to establish he's into the new girl. We knew that was going to be the joke the instant we saw her face. These new shows that are only doing half seasons now really shouldn't be wasting time like that.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Getting a real MacGruber vibe from this episode.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Will Forte is the best cryer

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Just horny at the world!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
"You're the Last Man on Earth®! About whom else would she be talking?"

I love that she is still a stickler for fake grammar rules, even under stress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought last week's commercial was being a little spoilery but they've been pretty upfront about that other guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
I like how they're showing so little of this guy they're setting up to be some post-apocalyptic badass that the reveal can't help but to be that he's some horrible fat nerd or something.

• Locked thread