Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tide posted:

No kidding? Whenever I brought it up in an ecig thread or anyone that smoked them, they thought I was crazy. Do you make your own or what?

Do I need any different parts?

I get all my juice from Mount Baker Vapour since they are the only ones with a really good wintergreen flavour and you can choose the "Max VG" option. as for parts, as long as you can put in your own juice you should be fine, this is what I use though:

IDK why the display looks like it has dead pixels there but it doesn't :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit ^^^ those jeans should have a trigger warning. Please tell me those are worn in fades and holes.

goatse guy posted:

You just don't know the right people (which is a good thing).

I need to know those people.

For my health.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tusen Takk posted:

IDK why the display looks like it has dead pixels there but it doesn't :v:

Probably is using PWM to dim the display, and updates the display in rows. Like a CRT scanline, kind of.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit ^^^ those jeans should have a trigger warning. Please tell me those are worn in fades and holes.

For my health.
Yeah, they were super cheap but doing anything that involves moving seems to wear them out really fast. I'm never buying American Eagle jeans again :(

The pockets are tiny, too

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah, they were super cheap but doing anything that involves moving seems to wear them out really fast. I'm never buying American Eagle jeans again :(

Stop buying teenager fashion jeans and they'll last longer. And fade better.

/denimsperg

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Tusen Takk posted:

In the realm of not-insanely-expensive jeans (not overpriced, expensive jeans are worth it), I really like Uniqlo's jeans, although I don't wear too much denim these days.

Edit:

iwentdoodie posted:

/denimsperg

Hahahaha.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

iwentdoodie posted:

/denimsperg

I had a pair of regular Levis 501s that wore out super fast. I replaced them with a pair of shrink-to-fit ones that seem to be doing a bit better.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Let the dog loose in a prairie, After a while, she didnt come to her calls. Found dog sniffing at and playing with something. Oh hello deer carcass.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

/denimsperg

Otoh I've had them for five years, but yeah my Levi's are in great shape comparatively. I think I only have one pair left though cuz I got rid of all my super skinny (511s?) jeans a while ago

I've been thinking about getting some True Religion jeans or finding a good brand of Japanese raw denim but I can't really justify spending $100-$200 on jeans right now :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit: ^^try Unbranded.

Raluek posted:

I had a pair of regular Levis 501s that wore out super fast. I replaced them with a pair of shrink-to-fit ones that seem to be doing a bit better.

I love my STF 501s. Unbranded are also good for sub 100, while Naked and Famous are awesome if your budget is higher.

Quality denim is so, so worth it.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I just saw that there are engine conversion kits available to put a VW TDI engine in a Niva. Is that even a good idea? Not saying I'd do it, because I wouldn't. It just seems a little ...dangerous stuffing a VAG engine into a bizarro world Fiat.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I am also I Denimhead.

My go to brands are Unbranded and Naked & Famous. I have a 5 year old pair of N&F SlimGuy 19oz Elephant 1's that I wear to work. I love them to death but they are in their last leg. Best pair of jeans EVER. I have a pair of Unbranded Tapered 21oz's that have 1 soak at 6mo and have 1yr of wear. They have some cool fades but I am sick of the tapered leg. I might just sell both of these on eBay after I buy after I buy two pairs of Unbranded Straight 14.5oz's. One for work and one for the summer. People actually spend money on used raw selvedge, it's funny.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I am also I Denimhead.

My go to brands are Unbranded and Naked & Famous. I have a 5 year old pair of N&F SlimGuy 19oz Elephant 1's that I wear to work. I love them to death but they are in their last leg. Best pair of jeans EVER. I have a pair of Unbranded Tapered 21oz's that have 1 soak at 6mo and have 1yr of wear. They have some cool fades but I am sick of the tapered leg. I might just sell both of these on eBay after I buy after I buy two pairs of Unbranded Straight 14.5oz's. One for work and one for the summer. People actually spend money on used raw selvedge, it's funny.

I'll buy used denim if it's still 'New' but that's about it.

And I keep trying to talk myself into the 21oz denim. But I think my next purchase will be the same as yours.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What do the ounces signify on these fancy jeans? The weight of the denim?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Re: Denimchat, I just wear some random generic carpenter pants. It's hard finding stuff that is loose fitting (baggy as gently caress) and long enough for my giant megalegs. Not many companies seem to make loose fitting stuff in 36/36. Though in all honesty I need to go to 36/38 because the legs on these are ever so slightly too short.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Hey you're in luck because most nicer jean companies have inseams that are 36in or something equally gigantic.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

T1g4h posted:

Re: Denimchat, I just wear some random generic carpenter pants. It's hard finding stuff that is loose fitting (baggy as gently caress) and long enough for my giant megalegs. Not many companies seem to make loose fitting stuff in 36/36. Though in all honesty I need to go to 36/38 because the legs on these are ever so slightly too short.

It's worse to be tall *and* skinny. I'm like a 30/34, but in Levis for some reason a 34 is too short. But 36 is too long. Aggravating.

iwentdoodie posted:

It's alright, but I'm not convinced that they're really any better than my Dickies.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Super Aggro Crag posted:

N&F SlimGuy 19oz Elephant 1

Are you sure this is not something you bought at starbucks?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Raluek posted:

It's worse to be tall *and* skinny. I'm like a 30/34, but in Levis for some reason a 34 is too short. But 36 is too long. Aggravating.

I'm decently skinny, I just cannot stand wearing anything that "fits properly" as it were. I'm 6'5" and ~210lbs and if I wear stuff that is actually, you know, normal fit, it drives me insane. I have to have my clothes super baggy for some reason, I can't stand the feeling of pants and shirts being even remotely tight :shobon:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

What do the ounces signify on these fancy jeans? The weight of the denim?

Weight per yard, and deals mostly with how thick it is. Heavier weights don't breathe as well, but they look loving amazing.

Also carpenter and baggy jeans should be burned, not worn. By anyone. Unless you're 12 or have special needs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Sorry I like crashes and watching millions in carbon fiber get blown to bits consider me on the same level as a NASCAR fan HTH.

Even watching for the crashes, it was really bad, any crashes were utterly pathetic. There was not a single redeeming feature of that race.

Preoptopus posted:

it was an awful way to try to convince the roomate f1 is exciting.

Ummmm.... my advice is to show BTCC and forget F1 completely. You literally see as much passing and action in one race of BTCC that you do in F1 for a year - the entire race yesterday you could condense every bit of action into one lap and BTCC would STILL piss on it from a great height. Hell, WEC, Le Mans, ALMS, V8 Supercar, Carrera Cup, you name it it's better that F1. F1 is even below NASCAR and that takes actual effort to chieve that.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I love the N&F stuff but if they all have that naked chick on the back then I wouldnt be able to get them lol.

I wear a 32/34 because nobody makes a 31/34 :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

I love the N&F stuff but if they all have that naked chick on the back then I wouldnt be able to get them lol.

I wear a 32/34 because nobody makes a 31/34 :(

Unbranded is a cheaper N&F, essentially. And yeah, but when is the belt patch actually showing?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Also carpenter and baggy jeans should be burned, not worn. By anyone. Unless you're 12 or have special needs.

The pockets come in handy at work and the bagginess is comfy, not even ashamed of wearing them :colbert:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
All this pants chat and no mention of Carhartt? For shame.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
^^Carhart is great when working in construction and such. And when it's cold. But not for anything outside that. Also, every pair of my 'fashion' jeans have outlasted my cheaper, supposed work pants. And it's not like I'm easy on them.

T1g4h posted:

The pockets come in handy at work and the bagginess is comfy, not even ashamed of wearing them :colbert:

I'm ashamed for you, don't worry.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
My problem is that I'm a human corgi. I'm six feet tall and I usually have to roll up 30 in. inseam pants a bit to not have them get dirt on the bottom from walking around. My legs were shorter than my 5' 4" tall ex's.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Today I went on a mountain bike for the second time in my life and then proceeded to do backflips and 360's. Foam pits are rad as hell.

Also, that was a terrible F1 race. gently caress McLaren, and gently caress Ferrari, they're screwing my favorite three drivers. Although I think I hate Vettel a lot less now that he's at Ferrari.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

iwentdoodie posted:

For my health.

It's the right combination of working in restaurants, befriending strippers, and going to jam band shows. I don't do any drugs (aside from being a raging alcoholic) but I can find most anything.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: ^^try Unbranded.

I love my STF 501s. Unbranded are also good for sub 100, while Naked and Famous are awesome if your budget is higher.

I have a couple pair of STF 501s, and I love the poo poo out of them. My work jeans are shitbarn Old Navy poo poo because working on commercial laundry equipment is greasy as gently caress and I don't want to ruin jeans I actually like.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

iwentdoodie posted:

Truth. I started buying designer denim about 5 or 6 years ago. The denim lasts longer and they stay in style much longer. Just two months ago I bought my first pair of selvage denim; some APC's wearing them at least three times a week to get them broken in. They are just now starting to be a bit more manageable as far as mobility. They are starting to get some nice lines and I can't wait for the fades to set in. I'll probably do some hiking this summer to get them a little dirtied up with some good coloring.

For all the new denim people should we talk about how to properly care for their denim by not washing them

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CommieGIR posted:

If its newer than a Haswell core series, its likely using DDR3L, I want to say its 4th Gen and above that uses it.

If you think that is overkill, you should see my home server:

I see someone never has to run a furnace in the winter. :stare: That thing is probably definitely worth more than my car.

My desktop is pretty sad these days (it has 8GB of RAM, but it's showing per-stick instead of all of it combined in this)

As for the laptop, I just looked up the CPU. It is a Haswell, but it's a ULV chip, and does indeed use 1.35V RAM.

Looking at the specs for the chip is just mind blowing - 15 watts?! Explains the puny 45 watt charger it came with; I usually carry an Innergie 70 watt charger that can work both on AC and 12V DC power (hey, it was :10bux: on meh awhile back, and being able to use it in the car is a nice touch).

T1g4h posted:

I could do baggy in high school. These days I prefer slim fit, even though I'm a bit bigger than I was in high school (but a hell of a lot smaller than about 10 years ago).

Also try finding 33/29 sometime. Depending on brand I go for 32/30 or 34/30 these days (34 is guaranteed to need a belt, but some brands are a bit too tight in 32), but I still have to roll up the leg a little. And since I usually buy stuff on clearance, I usually wind up with 32/32 or 34/32. Every now and then I luck out and actually find 33s.

At least I'm not wearing 40/30s anymore. :unsmith:

Raluek posted:

Probably is using PWM to dim the display, and updates the display in rows. Like a CRT scanline, kind of.

Bingo. The stock stereo that came with my car did the same thing. Not noticeable when looking at it, but if you use a camera and a high enough shutter speed, you get half a display:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

For all the new denim people should we talk about how to properly care for their denim by not washing them

Stupid question, but how the hell do you keep them from getting smelly when you don't wash them? I sweat like a pig anytime it's above 80 outside, and not much smells worse than sweaty rear end crack.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I only own one pair of jeans, and that's because my sister gave them to me. Now that the weather is finally not lovely, I'm going to live exclusively in dresses for the next six months. They're the best outfit for lazy days because I don't have to worry about finding things that match.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

I only own one pair of jeans, and that's because my sister gave them to me. Now that the weather is finally not lovely, I'm going to live exclusively in dresses for the next six months. They're the best outfit for lazy days because I don't have to worry about finding things that match.

If I could dress like a Saudi, I would.

Such freedom and so airy. Y'all are lucky.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

They have these things called gym shorts, you should try them!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I own like 20 pairs of jeans ranging from total poo poo like I wear for messy jobs, some mid-range stuff I buy at Target that I wear at work and then a couple pairs of "nice" stuff for going out. I got rid of all my slacks and khakis because I lost a bunch of weight and they were enormous on me.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

If I could dress like a Saudi, I would.

Gonna disagree on the freedom, because I wear Spanx underneath most of the time and they're basically like medieval torture devices disguised as tights.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

They have these things called gym shorts, you should try them!

Am I working out or in a frat? If the answer is no, then I'm not wearing them.

Also why would you ever wear spanx Jesus Christ those things look evil. They're like those compression sleeves people with the beetus wear

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Raluek posted:

It's alright, but I'm not convinced that they're really any better than my Dickies.

Yeah pretty much, I can't find 33x37 anywhere, so 34/34 and a belt it is.

Then they look like manpris. Oh well who cares.

Part of the problem is that I am about the least stylish person on the planet and refuse to pay over 25 dollars for a pair of jeans, gently caress all that noise. I will go pantsless before I spend 3 figures on a pair of jeans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I just plain can't get comfortable in a pair of jeans. Last time I bought jeans was probably 10 years ago so that might be why. I could be persuaded to try again, but when everyone talks about good jeans it seems to be 80+ for a pair. I spend about that on two pairs of carhartts that last plenty long.

Also the whole no washing thing is mad gross.

• Locked thread