Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
ugh, that guy's writing style is so bad that I couldn't make it through more than a few paragraphs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

The Management posted:

ugh, that guy's writing style is so bad that I couldn't make it through more than a few paragraphs

Who's afraid of the Apple Watch?
By Daniel Eran Dilger

yeah dildo is somebody you should not ever read

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Who's Afraid Of The Apple Watch? The Answer May Shock You

(but seriously it's only morons)

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
im afraid of the apple watch

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i am afraid of getting it as a gift and then feeling guilt of selling it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm afraid one day I will want one and if I do get one I will be going against everthing I believe in - which is mainly hoping cremnob rots in a gutter outside a mcdonalds and his corpse is found with like 4 or 5 cheeseburgers in his pants as if he shat his pants but he poos hamburgers

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
get a moto 360 and spend the remaining 400 bucks on massages or whatever

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
just don't buy an smartwatch that's the solution because smartwatches are dumb

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
do any of the smartwatches have sensors on the metal underside of them?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it would be really cool if your watch could be like "hey dave, i notice we are in mcdonalds at the minute, you are sweating prefously and have a heartbeat of 160bpm - id suggest you put down the burger and go for a jog"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Valeyard posted:

do any of the smartwatches have sensors on the metal underside of them?

the apple watch has the sensors i think but idk

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

echinopsis posted:

hoping cremnob rots in a gutter outside a mcdonalds and his corpse is found with like 4 or 5 cheeseburgers in his pants as if he shat his pants but he poos hamburgers

same

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Valeyard posted:

it would be really cool if your watch could be like "hey dave, i notice we are in mcdonalds at the minute, you are sweating prefously and have a heartbeat of 160bpm - id suggest you put down the burger and go for a jog"

im afraid i cant pay for another burger dave

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

quote:

Facebook's Voluntary Surveillance Initiative.

owns (it's not wrong, either)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Virion posted:

im afraid i cant pay for another burger dave

siri open the pod bay double doors

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
in other news google is changing android's application design yet again starting with youtube:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Celexi posted:

in other news google is changing android's application design yet again starting with youtube:

someone please shoot all the graphic designers at google

or at least the people who decide when things get redesigned

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
they're just trying to get rid of all the olds

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

that looks like the same style they've been rolling out across all their apps

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

MeruFM posted:

they're just trying to get rid of all the olds
that explains YouTube Kids

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Celexi posted:

im the highlighted icon to launch tinder

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Celexi posted:

im the 1/3 of the screen used up by menu + nav bars

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Last Chance posted:

im the 1/3 of the screen used up by menu + nav bars

the huge loving nav bar that is always black and never matches anything is one of the things I hate most about the way android looks. the worst part is it can be semi transparent (or used to be able to) but like no app does that poo poo, not even the google ones. at least they color the top bar now (sometimes)

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

the huge loving nav bar that is always black and never matches anything is one of the things I hate most about the way android looks. the worst part is it can be semi transparent (or used to be able to) but like no app does that poo poo, not even the google ones. at least they color the top bar now (sometimes)

when you use an app in fullscreen, like watching a video, the navbar dissapears

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Eric Schmidt needs to shut the gently caress up.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/03/16/thoughts-on-gender-equality-in-tech-interrupted/?mod=WSJBlog

quote:

Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt had a lot to say Monday about the lack of racial and gender diversity in the technology industry.

In fact, Schmidt had so much to say that he often interrupted and spoke over his co-panelist, Megan Smith, the U.S.’s chief technology officer and a former Google executive. The two appeared on a panel at the South by Southwest conference in Austin, Tex.

At one point, Schmidt opined on which of two questions Smith should respond to. Later, he interjected mid-sentence with thoughts on Raspberry Pi, a small computer popular with digital tinkerers that Smith was promoting.

Toward the end of the session, one woman in the audience asked the two to address how personality biases in men and women affect workplace dynamics. She noted that Schmidt repeatedly talked over his former colleague — prompting applause from a full exhibit hall.

the person who called him out? Judith Williams, manager of Global Diversity and Talent Programs and head of the Unconscious Bias project at google

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

duTrieux. posted:

Austin, Tex.

that saved a lot of time thanks

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

manager of Global Diversity and Talent Programs and head of the Unconscious Bias project at google

not for much longer

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

duTrieux. posted:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/03/16/thoughts-on-gender-equality-in-tech-interrupted/?mod=WSJBlog

the person who called him out? Judith Williams, manager of Global Diversity and Talent Programs and head of the Unconscious Bias project at google

lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

:aaa:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
willing to bet you could go to any eric schmidt video of him having a discussion/talk and find him talking over people irrespective of gender

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

duTrieux. posted:

I love a post with a good twist ending
holy moly

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

No he needs to keep talking and hopefully important people will eventually wise up that he is a colossal idiot and probably the most uncool human being on earth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you so desperately want people to think of him as less cool than you

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

echinopsis posted:

you so desperately want people to think of him as less cool than you

Wow someone's got their finger on the pulse of this topic!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:smugmrgw:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

he's like if you took bill gates and removed any trace of compassion and humility

schmidts idea of a philanthropic work is to put wifi in a blimp so poors can use google

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

THC posted:

he's like if you took bill gates and removed any trace of compassion and humility

schmidts idea of a philanthropic work is to put wifi in a blimp so poors can use google

they can use google maps to find closer water sources!!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Valeyard posted:

willing to bet you could go to any eric schmidt video of him having a discussion/talk and find him talking over people irrespective of gender

nope

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

google isn't taking the breakup with firefox well

• Locked thread