Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

You need the Winter Soldier Black Widow. She has a differnet hairstyle!

I won't say that it didn't cross my mind.

The Rage posted:

drat, I really need to hit Ikea and get more Dioders and Detolfs

It's nice having an Ikea 45 minutes away, and a jeep to haul them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Where'd that "Keep Fighting" captain America poster come from?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Where'd that "Keep Fighting" captain America poster come from?

I picked it up from an artist at a con a couple years ago. Signature says "DANE"

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Joe Fisto posted:

I picked it up from an artist at a con a couple years ago. Signature says "DANE"

Looks to be this piece, maybe spruced up a little?:
http://daneault.deviantart.com/art/Captain-America-Redux-190148967

Pretty rad. The whole collection looks great. Fancy set-up.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

It's nice having an Ikea 45 minutes away, and a jeep to haul them in.

Same, I'm like 25 minutes from the Seattle one, just need the SUV and thats next on the grown-up toy purchase list.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Do you guys have any recommendations for easily assembled display shelves that aren't too expensive?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MooselanderII posted:

Do you guys have any recommendations for easily assembled display shelves that aren't too expensive?

Can I interest sir in a Detolf?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The Rage posted:

drat, I really need to hit Ikea and get more Dioders and Detolfs

Nothing has sold me more on Ikea furniture than this thread and people's collections.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nice collection Joe! :)

I hope to have my Detolfs setup in a couple weeks - excited to get that project going once im fully moved in.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Yep, that's it.

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

Yep, that's it.

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

I know they were ripping on you a page or so back, but I personally look forward to seeing your Hulk going up against the Hulkbuster you got. That's the first time I think I've actually seen the Hulk in scale with the other avengers. You might need a special big case for the HB. Also, tell me you got that Thanos.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I know they were ripping on you a page or so back, but I personally look forward to seeing your Hulk going up against the Hulkbuster you got. That's the first time I think I've actually seen the Hulk in scale with the other avengers. You might need a special big case for the HB. Also, tell me you got that Thanos.

Oh Thanos is on the preorder list. It should come out around the end of the year. Sadly Hulk will have to wait until next summer for his opponent.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Now you just need a wrestling ring and when Thanos comes in you can have him battle Galactus... oh wait... you're not supposed to actually play with these things are you?

You know there's some rich people out there that buy these for their kids like how I had mattel stuff growing up. I can imagine some little kid out there bashing his Hot Toys Hulk until its arm pops off and it's awesome.

MID POST BREAK: I actually just went and youtubed "playing with hot toys" to see if that's out there and was highly disappointed. All I could find was some woman dancing with her Loki while Happy Together was playing.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I forget if I posted it but if any of you are into collecting the World of Nintendo 4" figures and are keeping an eye out for Diddy/Samus/Luigi/Toad, this link may help:

http://www.brickpicker.com/target-inventory/Index.cfm

Enter DCPI 087-06-0956 and it'll give you the quantity they're currently stocking in realtime. If you see a jump of 6, then Target's received a new shipment and they may be on the shelves.

I bring this up because I want all four, so please buy them for me and I'll love you forever.

Louis, still looking for these?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DrChud posted:

Louis, still looking for these?

I am, my Targets still have nada right now. You have any luck? I'm looking for all four.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I am, my Targets still have nada right now. You have any luck? I'm looking for all four.

Bam

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

They're sideways, I'm looking for the straight up figures, please return them.

I'll take them, thank you for keeping an eye for me!! Since you don't have PMs, wanna just email me at Louisgod@somethingawful.com? Also, if you or anybody else wants to trade or buy things from me, off the top of my head I have:

-Marvel Legends Hawkeye from Hit Monkey wave
-Torso of Mandroid that came with Black Widow
-Torso of Odin that came with Hawkeye along with the head/cape/spear that came with Scarlet Witch

And some of other stuff I can find when I get home from work later.

e: of course I can just send you cash to cover figures + shipping + hassle + gas + stress.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 17, 2015

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I've got Figma Samus, I'm suddenly less interested in that Samus figure now that I've seen what it's actually like.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

I've got Figma Samus, I'm suddenly less interested in that Samus figure now that I've seen what it's actually like.

Oh the Figma Samus is leaps and bounds better than the Jakks one, no contest there. My go-to Samus though is the Joy Ride Studios Samus and somebody here sold it to me years ago.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I just want the Samus for the Metroid to go with my Figma one. The biggest problem was a lack of a Metroid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well now whats this

quote:

CONSTANTINE (TV): DR. FATE'S HELMET
DESIGNED BY ALEX ROSS AND LARRY MALOTT
SCULPTED BY ADAM ROSS
The Helmet of Fate has chosen its champion: you! From the Constantine television series comes this stunning replica of the Helmet of Fate featuring an electroplated metallic finish.
Measures Approximately 18" Tall
Standard Edition: $499.95 US
On Sale October 2015
Allocations May Occur

CONSTANTINE (TV): DR. FATE'S HELMET DESIGNED BY ALEX ROSS AND LARRY MALOTT
SCULPTED BY ADAM ROSS
The Helmet of Fate has chosen its champion: you! From the Constantine television series comes this stunning replica of the Helmet of Fate is 24k Gold plated and limited to only 200 units.
Measures Approximately 18" Tall
24K Gold Plated Edition
Limited to only
200 units: $799.95 US
On Sale October 2015
Allocations May Occur

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Well now whats this

Overpriced tat by the look of it. Isn't the Fate helmet they used the DC Direct one from a few years ago anyway?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Overpriced tat by the look of it. Isn't the Fate helmet they used the DC Direct one from a few years ago anyway?

I thought that one was canceled?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I thought DC Direct never actually released the Dr. Fate helmet, but I remember seeing photos of it a long time ago -- maybe even 10+ years ago? -- and it looked glorious back then.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I thought that one was canceled?

Oh huh, so it was. I remember that being solicited forever ago, possibly even when I worked in a comic store (2002-2003)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is based on the new prop constructed for Constantine, I am told it is not the same sculpt as the old one which I guess ended up on Smallville?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nah, Smallville's was a wee bit different.

I think this was the same one that was going to come out... drat was it around Kingdom Come? but just never got past the prototype stage.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
The new World of Nintendo wave looks really great, but I'm waiting for Pikmin figures...

If anyone's interested, I'm selling off a Green Goblin Select with the Roped Up Peter Parker and a Hulk figure.

Off topic, I'm also selling some Mario K'NEX figures. If anyone's interested, shoot me a PM. Thanks, all!

JesseHechtCREATIVE fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 17, 2015

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
So I live in LA and go to Disney quite a bit. I don't collect toys but always love seeing your pics. Saw these the other day. Anything special about them?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

rear end Catchcum posted:

So I live in LA and go to Disney quite a bit. I don't collect toys but always love seeing your pics. Saw these the other day. Anything special about them?

Besides being sideways, that Thor is badass w/ the spinning hammer accessory.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Djarum posted:

I just want the Samus for the Metroid to go with my Figma one. The biggest problem was a lack of a Metroid.

I heard that Samus comes with a Morphball as the secret accessory, but Jakks is putting out a separate Metroid later this year. I want a big Mother Brain or Ridley out of this line and I'm happy for life.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Learning that DCC is improving the quality control on the Animated line I figured I had to get a Catwoman or I'd regret it forever when the rest of the line was complete. She was incredibly stiff coming out of the package but I had read enough horror stories online to know not to force any joints. Her and Isis spent some time in boiling water and I got all the joints limbered up with no breakage.

And I was not prepared for how freaking great this figure looks. It's immediately one of my favorite toys on the shelf. Could definitely use some more articulation but having a full size figure straight out of the cartoon is incredibly cool.

The weird stand with the like, three inch pegs sticking off the back can gently caress right off though. What's the deal with that poo poo?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I bought a Funko Dancing Groot for my car's dashboard, but the recent heatwave and the fact that my car is like a greenhouse meant that the glue has melted and the head has become unstuck from the spring. Can anyone recommend a glue or epoxy that would be safe for the toy, yet still heat resistant enough for the inside of a car?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

I bought a Funko Dancing Groot for my car's dashboard, but the recent heatwave and the fact that my car is like a greenhouse meant that the glue has melted and the head has become unstuck from the spring. Can anyone recommend a glue or epoxy that would be safe for the toy, yet still heat resistant enough for the inside of a car?

Gorilla glue is my go to for places you won't see

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

I heard that Samus comes with a Morphball as the secret accessory, but Jakks is putting out a separate Metroid later this year. I want a big Mother Brain or Ridley out of this line and I'm happy for life.

Oh I thought it was coming with the Samus. Well that saves me from having to search for that. I should track down a Jakks Browser though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Same.

I only wanted the Metroid to go with the figma figure.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I'll keep looking for more of the metroids. The Targets around here are staring to put them out.

On a side note, if anyone is in Walmart Friday when these are released and sees one of these. Grab it and I'll love you forever.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'll make a special trip to Wal-Mart Friday morning just for you and if they have a bunch I'll grab them for who wants them though I bet a bunch of nerds will already be lined up when the store opens for them.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I'll make a special trip to Wal-Mart Friday morning just for you and if they have a bunch I'll grab them for who wants them though I bet a bunch of nerds will already be lined up when the store opens for them.

Sweet! Let's be honest on who's gonna be there. Nerds and scalpers.

Also there's a extra surprise in your box. Hope ya like it.

On a another note while packing up the figs I got to thinking. Someone at Nintendo/Jakks had to notice Diddys pose in the package. I mean come on, or do I just have a dirty mind. He looks like you just walked into his room without knocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Sweet! Let's be honest on who's gonna be there. Nerds and scalpers.

Also there's a extra surprise in your box. Hope ya like it.

On a another note while packing up the figs I got to thinking. Someone at Nintendo/Jakks had to notice Diddys pose in the package. I mean come on, or do I just have a dirty mind. He looks like you just walked into his room without knocking.