Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Everyone in my class has those expensive golden iPhone 6+s what the gently caress guys it's not even real gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Yes Beet, tell them how I'm scum. It'll make the outcome all the more hilarious.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

Early call - are you able to expand on it?

Nah just gut feeling. I picked him as scum day 1 in tithins worm game, tits confirmed it afterwards if anyone remembers. He just tries too hard to be jovial and his posts don't seem natural gaspy to me. Im getting that same feeling.

I could be fried from uni thought and reading 6 pages could mean I'm wrong. I'm a bit today till 8pm so will come back then and re-read.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Nah just gut feeling. I picked him as scum day 1 in tithins worm game, tits confirmed it afterwards if anyone remembers. He just tries too hard to be jovial and his posts don't seem natural gaspy to me. Im getting that same feeling.

I could be fried from uni thought and reading 6 pages could mean I'm wrong. I'm a bit today till 8pm so will come back then and re-read.

After all that, it's "gut feeling"? I'm ashamed at myself for being hopeful at your offerings.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I also think Gaspy is coming off unnaturally as trying hard not to tick anyone off. Haha see guys I can shitpost on day 1 too haha us town amirite? :mmmhmm:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

I also think Gaspy is coming off unnaturally as trying hard not to tick anyone off. Haha see guys I can shitpost on day 1 too haha us town amirite? :mmmhmm:

Yeah Gaspy never shitposts day one, good job detective. Gold star.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh god my hand what is happening it is the ghost of Celebrity Death match come back to haunt us

##vote Anidav

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

After all that, it's "gut feeling"? I'm ashamed at myself for being hopeful at your offerings.

Nah, Beet's describing the same thing I was picking up, except I didn't have to bother describing it a gut feeling cause I found it easy to put words to - it was way more obvious trying to joke around compared to the Worm game. As if you suspected you couldn't pull it off again unless you went even harder at it so we would start second-guessing ourselves about it being too obvious.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm not going to vote on anything yet just communicating my suspicions.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Eh it's all I need. Gut feeling. It's day 1. Let me build my arguments on later days.

Your vote for me and the subsequent " oh haha I was only testing everyone who joined in is ow suspect" is a good ploy, but you'd need to know that I was town to be sure the others were scum. Or was it the other way around? Oh dear!
So which is it mastermind?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not the only one who felt that way? I dunno. This sudden rush of support makes me feel a little bit like I'm on the wrong track.

##unvote

I'm going to go to class soon, but I'll be keeping track of developments as best I can.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
In a 11 hour shift atm, with gym afterwards so I'm on phone posting for a bit. To much of a hassle for much gwyntensity. I'm getting a lot to work with though. Larger post incoming in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, most likely.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Eh it's all I need. Gut feeling. It's day 1. Let me build my arguments on later days.

Your vote for me and the subsequent " oh haha I was only testing everyone who joined in is ow suspect" is a good ploy, but you'd need to know that I was town to be sure the others were scum. Or was it the other way around? Oh dear!
So which is it mastermind?

It's not a good ploy, it's dicking around. The outcome gave me stuff to look at an assess, note I'm not like AHA, SCUM HAVE BEEN FOUND!! All it gives me is a chance to look at people doing game-stuff day one. When people start going the whole "this is a compelling argument" path they drop their guard a bit because one way or another they think the focus is off them.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Life on the bandwagon is no fun if people keep getting off!

##unvote

Since we've got until tomorrow night there's no need to rush, I guess. Keep postin' everybody!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm also interested in those who have voted anidav and their reasons. I'll follow up on them tonight when I've got a chance to sit down.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm also interested in those who have voted anidav and their reasons. I'll follow up on them tonight when I've got a chance to sit down.

Not to speak for anyone else, but I think the reasoning is probably "It's day 1, time to vote for Anidav!" probably came up.

It's becoming a bit of a tired joke, though.

Unless Anidav is behind it the whole time. He does have yet to respond to suspicion by having a huge meltdown, which is in and of itself suspicious.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Matthew Beet posted:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I don't think I've had a meltdown in awhile. The joke is kinda dated imho.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

I don't think I've had a meltdown in awhile. The joke is kinda dated imho.

AFAIK you sent multiple PMs to milky in the game immediately before this?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Clearly we need a form

Vote submission posted:

Voting For: Anidav

Reason: Being Anidav

Their Postcount: 14

Your Postcount: 16

Are you scum Y/N: N

Note, not actually voting for Anidav :P

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

I'm heading to Uni soon. I'm not going to say I'm super important for Town but I am going to say that an Anidav lynch is usually an effortless start to day 1.

Using my actions from previous games is dumb, Lid wouldn't like it if I voted for him because of his annoying Small Keating language last game - for example. I'm not though; because this is a new game.

Also, the last game that had someone push a hard D1 lynch on me ended up with them both being scum (Kat and Spolde iirc) So be on the lookout for over-aggressive voters.

Of Anidav's post history, this is really the most bizarre.

He leaves the idea of whether or not he's important to town up in the air (not role-calling is good, I suppose), but there's an inherent contradiction:

Anidav insists he should not be lynched because:

An Anidav lynch is usually effortless on day one

BUT

Claims that using past results from a game is not conductive to voting
AND
Points out that in a previous game, the people who pushed to lynch him were scum.

In conclusion: Anidav feels like you should use the prior results of games to exonerate him, but not to condemn him.
Decisive evidence? not hardly, but I feel like it deserves mention.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

AFAIK you sent multiple PMs to milky in the game immediately before this?

Just two. One asking if I had successfully made a debate on helmets and a second asking if something was wrong.

Nothing special, sorry.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Not to speak for anyone else, but I think the reasoning is probably "It's day 1, time to vote for Anidav!" probably came up.

It's becoming a bit of a tired joke, though.

Unless Anidav is behind it the whole time. He does have yet to respond to suspicion by having a huge meltdown, which is in and of itself suspicious.

The joke vote, whilst tired, I can understand more the people trying to put down an actual reason.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Of Anidav's post history, this is really the most bizarre.

He leaves the idea of whether or not he's important to town up in the air (not role-calling is good, I suppose), but there's an inherent contradiction:

Anidav insists he should not be lynched because:

An Anidav lynch is usually effortless on day one

BUT

Claims that using past results from a game is not conductive to voting
AND
Points out that in a previous game, the people who pushed to lynch him were scum.

In conclusion: Anidav feels like you should use the prior results of games to exonerate him, but not to condemn him.
Decisive evidence? not hardly, but I feel like it deserves mention.

Nah it fits in with my "how anidav thinks mafia works" theory.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah, Beet wrote that book on me. I trust him to understand how I work the most.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

Yeah, Beet wrote that book on me. I trust him to understand how I work the most.

Just to clarify, your argument is now "You shouldn't vote for me because I'm bad at Mafia"
?

This is your only post explaining why you aren't a good target for a lynch. You "may or may not be useful" and a fallacious argument about d1 Anidav lynches being wasteful.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Has Anidav ever been useful for town?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Anidav have you learned mafia is not about saving yourself but that its a town game and that we win with each other? I'm being genuinely serious about this because I was sick of you getting turbo'd day one and in the last game when you made it through D1 like i said i protected you because I wanted to give you a chance and all i got to find out was you had a protection role too and used it only on yourself while spamming Milky with PM's. I like giving chances but I don't like hills to die on.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Trap sprung

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

When he got lynched before he could use his paranoid cop ability? :v:

Oh but there was the vanilla Mills game too, though that only lasted a couple days.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

In any game I've been in, he's died either day or night one.

On the one hand, he's correct in saying that it's never been beneficial for town

On the other, he's also right that previous roles aren't really meaningful, save for the fact that experienced players may be able to read into the way other players act within certain roles.

I don't know Anidav well enough for that, but I do know that he's notoriously bad at mafia, which could work in his favor should he have developed an ounce of capacity for manipulation and deception.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

When he got lynched before he could use his paranoid cop ability? :v:

Oh but there was the vanilla Mills game too, though that only lasted a couple days.

What'd he do in the vanilla mills game?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Has he ever had a chance to?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

drat Lid your aggression is most interesting. I don't think you should lean on a previous game that hard unless you really want me to die.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

A good point handsomely made.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

I would love a chance to. I've tried before but I think Mith pushed to lynch me for "Improving too quickly" in a previous game :negative:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

He shouldn't have come out saying 'I'm town' in a semi serious way. If anyone else had done that what would the response be? That's a scummy play.

Anidav is disarming because we treat him differently because I guess we think he's terrible. That's not good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

What'd he do in the vanilla mills game?

Just went along with the existing cases, which turned out to be astonishingly lucky in picking out scum on the first 2 days. He helped tip the D2 vote for a perfect town victory instead of letting the 2nd scum buy one more day. I don't think there was much pressure on him back then as any kind of lynch alternative, though. Most of it was on me and it wouldn't have really mattered since the last scum would've been dead meat on D3 instead, then.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Anidav posted:

drat Lid your aggression is most interesting. I don't think you should lean on a previous game that hard unless you really want me to die.

I'm not, i'm not a protection role this game (and I can type rather than speak in votes) and I want to help you. All I'm asking for your word that you're paying attention and so you can be given a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So because he's such an obvious and east target I'm carefully scrutinising people who vote for him. He's a safe target for scum and likely to draw votes that don't get follow up.

I've noticed that Auspol in recent games tend to forget past days conversations targets and votes.

GoldfishPol more like it.

• Locked thread