Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I agree with BT's interpretation of coaching so now I will pick my scum based on each posters definitions on coaching, feedback and teaching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Interesting observation ; I come back to the thread and Gaspy has gone quiet.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

Interesting observation ; I come back to the thread and Gaspy has gone quiet.

Gaspy said he'd shush up for a bit, but Gaspy is everpresent as always.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
He's too busy posting transformers on Snapchat.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

He's too busy posting transformers on Snapchat.

This too.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I would argue that it's not short memories it's just that collectively we lack attention to detail.

How can we have short memories when people's prior gameplay is a broad strokes representation of their "style" for rest of their mafia lives? It's all about how we build a narrative around these big picture details and forget to check for the devil in the detail.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ugh, big picture details was a confused choice of words, just read that as big picture.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Gaspy said he'd shush up for a bit, but Gaspy is effervescent as always.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

I would argue that it's not short memories it's just that collectively we lack attention to detail.

Kat Delacour posted:

Yeeeeaaaaaah this is a quality Bif meltdown and all but you're way ahead of schedule

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I've only paid attention tp a handful of games, seems like you usually go Joan of Arc about D2 or D3?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

That was way back on page 8, so clearly you are holding onto a grudge, thereby proving Kat right on her meltdown hypothesis.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

black_tangled posted:

That was way back on page 8, so clearly you are holding onto a grudge, thereby proving Kat right on her meltdown hypothesis.

I always hold grudges I am the lynchbomb desperado

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm noting a slight team silent effect around here too and while I do acknowledge my feedback from using my helmet without much thought you guys should also watch out because we could all get busb'ed again followed up by Mills smug afterthoughts.

Given this is Auspol people might be at work but the busb play is still fresh in my mind.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

I'm noting a slight team silent effect around here too and while I do acknowledge my feedback from using my helmet without much thought you guys should also watch out because we could all get busb'ed again followed up by Mills smug afterthoughts.

Given this is Auspol people might be at work but the busb play is still fresh in my mind.

The what?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Man I never get credit.

I'm glad I voted for you Anidav.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Did I get the username wrong? That guy who posted once per day last game and got off Scot free.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
No the username is perfectly correct.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

Did I get the username wrong? That guy who posted once per day last game and got off Scot free.

I wasn't in the last game.
Can you point out someone you feel is suspiciously quiet?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

Small Keating?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Team silent was a thing anidav cooked up one game when he Bif milky and I were scum together. It worked well to distract town towards hunting the silent townies instead. As usual auspol town ate itself.

It's also the sussest thing he's said yet.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

Nobody posted once and also got off scott free, but busb is who you are thinking of. He posted plenty.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

Team silent was a thing anidav cooked up one game when he Bif milky and I were scum together. It worked well to distract town towards hunting the silent townies instead. As usual auspol town ate itself.

It's also the sussest thing he's said yet.

What's your impression, beet? Is Anidav digging himself a hole, or is this just Anidav living up to reputation?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm on my phone so I can't cross reference but Fruity, Milky, Sulla 88, TBK, Bees, WFD and Gwyn. All look quiet to me. When I get home and can run a tabbed browser, I'll double check.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But it's Auspol so they are all probably at work. Its hard to tell.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

What's your impression, beet? Is Anidav digging himself a hole, or is this just Anidav living up to reputation?

Honestly I don't know, which lends itself to my original point that he could dangerous.

However this more recent town silent comment when we have like 28 hours is less bumbling more crafted.. Imo anyway.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Honestly I don't know, which lends itself to my original point that he could dangerous.

However this more recent town silent comment when we have like 28 hours is less bumbling more crafted.. Imo anyway.

Seems that he is quite obviously deflecting attention to prevent his own insta-lynch.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh I'm on my phone and haven't checked votefinder at all. I forgot this game has a shitload of time. Disregard that.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

It's definitely more calculated.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sorry I'm not good at mafia via phone.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I also said a game or two back that scum rarely hide behind not posting so I fully expect some scum to try that soon.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Matthew Beet posted:

I also said a game or two back that scum rarely hide behind not posting so I fully expect some scum to try that soon.

It should be countered by the long days, if someone isn't posting with some consideration when they have 36 hours to find the time they deserve to be called out for it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kat Delacour posted:

Nobody posted once and also got off scott free, but busb is who you are thinking of. He posted plenty.

I just want to draw attention to this: Anidav is actually lobbying off things that never actually happened.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kat Delacour posted:

It should be countered by the long days, if someone isn't posting with some consideration when they have 36 hours to find the time they deserve to be called out for it.

Which was part of my thought process behind advocating for it.

:getin:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Silence is often used as a tactic by both scum and town because you don't want to draw attention to yourself and get lynched by either side :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I just want to draw attention to this: Anidav is actually lobbying off things that never actually happened.

Yeah i saw it. Thanks for trying to look helpful captain obvious.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah i saw it. Thanks for trying to look helpful captain obvious.

:shrug:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

I appear to have remembered wrong. I'm on my phone it's really hard to backtrack and check things. Maybe I should just stop posting.

Sorry guys. :eng99:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Kat Delacour posted:

How can we have short memories when people's prior gameplay is a broad strokes representation of their "style" for rest of their mafia lives? It's all about how we build a narrative around these big picture details and forget to check for the devil in the detail.

Last game Kat got named as scum in a mod post and everyone had forgotten about it by lunchtime.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Busb was hardly silent.

I'm silent because it's 6 15 PM and I've not yet left the office. I've just had to skim a literal thousand posts in the mega game, then joke phase on this one. And that was 300 posts.

The horror of auspol is that we do the same poo poo every game when because we play the same game every time. It's why people keep voting Anidav and I like it less and less.

The only person who I can understand legit holding a grudge is Lid for reasons he's already enunciated.

As for who's scummy, I'm backing beet's read of Gaspy because it definitely looks like he's trying too hard.

Now after too many hours of work and numbers, and 1300 posts of Bullshit, I'm going home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gough Suppressant posted:

Last game Kat got named as scum in a mod post and everyone had forgotten about it by lunchtime.

They didn't forget, they elected to chase the cop result instead and were reminded a few times by concerned onlookers including members of my own team. Anidav himself delivered the messenger-role vehicle they used to justify this decision.

• Locked thread