Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Where's your lie-detector super powers now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Calling it now, Lily is Maleficent's daughter.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

Where's your lie-detector super powers now?

Yeah I really wish they hadn't introduced that stupid idea early on. Now whenever anyone is lying I can't help but think of it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Merlinicus posted:

Yeah I really wish they hadn't introduced that stupid idea early on. Now whenever anyone is lying I can't help but think of it.

The writer's addressed this when asked at some convention or other. It's that she can use it when she's thinking about it, when she's suspicious and pointing it towards someone. In season 1, she doesn't trust anyone, so it's almost always on. As she learns to trust people, she kind of stops constantly being pessimistic and doubting people, thus stops using it at first glance.

But knowing Storybrook and villains, she really shouldn't.

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. BOOM. A sad desk. BOOM. Sad wall. It's art. Anything is anything.
Aww poor Rumple :cry:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Poor Malificent. Even worse news for her is her new Storybrooke outfit. She's like a low-rent Madonna from 10 years ago.

Cruella's blood diamond zinger was amazing.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Private Label posted:

Aww poor Rumple :cry:

Yeah but he brought it upon himself. :(

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"Prove to us you're evil. Take a shot!"

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Wow, a whole car length behind. They'll never suspect you.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Seriously? Belle fell for that? The dagger's not safe in the place where you hid it... let's hide it where I would hide it just to make sure.

On the upside, August is back! I hope there at least one August scene where he sees Emma.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Wait, so Storybrooke, shielded from the world with magic has a train and GOOGLE loving MAPS?!

Also, why is Maleficent dressing like Lesbian Madonna?

Interested to see where this goes. Adult Pinnochio had creepy creepy eyes. Also Belle is seriously stupid

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Pan Dulce posted:

Seriously? Belle fell for that?

Yeah, I loved that. "If you're in town, come and face me." *Hook turns his whole body and stares her in the face*

(Though ok, at they least had the decency to do it in a slightly more subtle wide shot. )

Dazerbeams posted:

"Prove to us you're evil. Take a shot!"

This too.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Wait, so Storybrooke, shielded from the world with magic has a train and GOOGLE loving MAPS?!

This too.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I thought whisking herself away and leaving the other witches to die on the tracks would have been a much more elegant solution to the challenge.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

I thought whisking herself away and leaving the other witches to die on the tracks would have been a much more elegant solution to the challenge.

She doesn't have a death wish! She can't be evil!

I know this is a stretch, but what if the dagger was duped? After Regina freed the fairies from the hat, I distinctly remember her looking intensely at the dagger. Shouldn't the woman with the best handle on magic be entrusted with a dagger of incredible evil potential? Belle is hardly qualified, she can't even recognize the real thing from a fake. So Regina plays the long con, let's Rumple and Witch co. solve the mystery of the Author, then secures a win for the good guys by taking control of Rumple and forcing the Witch Trio to back down without incident.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Dazerbeams posted:

She doesn't have a death wish! She can't be evil!

I know this is a stretch, but what if the dagger was duped?
Pretty much. Villains are suicidal, self-preservation is such a hero thing.

Kinda doubt it's a fake thoguh. Rumple 'used' it in the last scene, and was the one who duped it in the first place. Not that the show hasn't ignored clues like that in the past!

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
It really doesn't feel like much happened this week and it ended far more quickly than I realized. Totally missed Hook turning and facing her though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Colin O'Donoghue did a decent job of playing Robby-Carlyle-playing-Hook, which is harder than it seems. Like, yes, it was very obvious from the beginning what was going on, but it was written that way.

I actually think he did a better job of it than he did playing Hook-as-controlled-by-Gold.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Transmogrifier posted:

Totally missed Hook turning and facing her though.

I was watching for it, and I could've sworn there was a little blue flourish around his shoulders when she said it.

This arc has had a glut of Sufficiently Stupid heroes. Hey, let's lie to a lie detector then traipse on down to the local coven. Oops! They didn't need the bauble, despite us bringing it along, it was our blood! It's always been about navigating tropes, just feels like they're doing a clumsier job just because there are some new villains around.

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

Maybe it was a spectral train that one of the witches conjured. Either that, or Cruella has a very exact knowledge of the Storybrooke train schedule.

And hey, aren't Belle and Rumple still technically married?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

When the horse was under the sleeping spell I was wondering if Snow White would have to kiss the horse to break the spell.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Silent Linguist posted:

Maybe it was a spectral train that one of the witches conjured. Either that, or Cruella has a very exact knowledge of the Storybrooke train schedule.

And hey, aren't Belle and Rumple still technically married?

Depends. Does Archie have a real license to perform weddings? Though considering that Storybrooke doesn't seem beholden to any laws other than its own, Regina could probably declare them divorced.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Also, why is Maleficent dressing like Lesbian Madonna?

This sounds like it's supposed to be an insult so I'll just say I totally dig Maleficent's Storybrooke attire. Reminds me of Agent Carter.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

A teenage girl singing in a tavern full of dirty old pirates makes me uncomfortable.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't mind that they changed Ariel and Triton's race, but I have very real problems with her stealing Snow White's outfit.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

CapnAndy posted:

I don't mind that they changed Ariel and Triton's race, but I have very real problems with her stealing Snow White's outfit.

:eng101: Ursula and Poseidon. Ariel's the one that looks like Amy Adams. Though ditto on the roomful of pirates.

I just have to marvel at how easy portal-making has become. It used to be a season-spanning project requiring dark curses and mass murder and now it's "find some random mermaid to do it".

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love how absolutely cheesy this show is. On other shows I think it'd be a flaw but then a lot of things about this show are like that.

Like for real the "WHAT IS YOUR HAPPY ENDING" "U BB" ":aaa:" scene was cheese as hell.

I'm totally not expecting Hook to survive through this season. It feels like they're telegraphing a heroic sacrifice for him hard.

Captain von Trapp posted:

I just have to marvel at how easy portal-making has become. It used to be a season-spanning project requiring dark curses and mass murder and now it's "find some random mermaid to do it".

I'm okay with it because we've known about the mermaid portal thingy since last season, so it didn't come out of nowhere. And it's only really useful to someone who can breath underwater so they can't just hop into the portal alongside the mermaid.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Macaluso posted:

I'm totally not expecting Hook to survive through this season. It feels like they're telegraphing a heroic sacrifice for him hard.

I don't think they'll do that to Emma again, I think it will be more along the lines of him protecting her or bringing him back from the darkness. He'll flip to be a 'hero' and that way making himself worthy or something.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

You know, it's Disney, I expect an extra dollop of cheese in everything, so I really liked that scene.

Vanessa (Ursula in human form in The Little Mermaid film) has an outfit similar, I think. It's just peasant girl, so a switch of color palette is fine in my opinion. I didn't mind the ease of portal making either. They established the fact that mermaids flout portal law and can cross realms, plus, Ursula is kind of 1+ mermaid, considering she used her dad's trident to make herself equally as powerful, if not moreso. No wonder she could cross realms with a touch and bring back a bottle. After all, that's most of what he useless power has been all drat season-a really, really long reach with her tentacles.

What I'm wondering is if the reveal that making Emma evil will unravel every happy ending means they'll actually go through with Black Swan. I -so- want to see that after the promos hint at it.

Come on!

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
After spending 4 episodes pouting and using her tentacles, the Ursula episode was pretty good. I wonder what will bring her back to Storybrooke? Probably Rumple being a dick.

I'm enjoying Regina and Malificent is getting some humanising traits. Cruella could always be more camp

Edit: Could this season be the one where the villain isn't just killed? Poor Zelena/Snow queen.

Also, hottest OUTA guy? Hook? Sheriff?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

After spending 4 episodes pouting and using her tentacles, the Ursula episode was pretty good. I wonder what will bring her back to Storybrooke? Probably Rumple being a dick.

I'm enjoying Regina and Malificent is getting some humanising traits. Cruella could always be more camp

Edit: Could this season be the one where the villain isn't just killed? Poor Zelena/Snow queen.

Also, hottest OUTA guy? Hook? Sheriff?

Spoiler tagging for a theory I made based on actual spoiler information on future episodes. I think Regina's dream signifies Zelena disguising herself as Regina and Regina as the Evil Queen protecting Robin. The actress for Zelena tweeted earlier this month and was confirmed by the show creators that she's in an episode this season. It fits.

And the hottest guy? Hands (hand?) down Hook.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 23, 2015

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It was nice to see Will Scarlet actually get a few lines. I was wondering when he would get to do something.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

So where the heck is the Red Queen? Does this happen before or what? Is this 'heartless' Will? (If so, great taste in men Belle). Has that ever been answered?

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

ashez2ashes posted:

So where the heck is the Red Queen? Does this happen before or what? Is this 'heartless' Will? (If so, great taste in men Belle). Has that ever been answered?

No but they said it would be. Are we sure Urusla will be back? We don't know why or how she was banished to Earth without the evil queen's curse but she seems content.

And Hook no question.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

William Shatner's tweets about Once Upon a Time are hilarious. He's such a ham.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Belle is seriously so dumb I feel so bad for the character and the actress what a lame version of the character

I want Emma to go evil so bad it'd be so much fun

The Pinocchio nose torture scene was amazing

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Troposphere posted:

The Pinocchio nose torture scene was amazing

I wish they had left him with the giant nose. Can you imagine the other characters reacting to it? Wondering if they should mention it, trying NOT to mention it, just getting really weirded out...

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Hook is the hottest. Also with all these women running around, we need more hot guys to balance the show out.

A part of me hopes Ursula is gone for good. I like her character but she just got her heart's desire and that contradicts the idea that villains don't get happy endings. If she does come back, I hope it's as a supporting good guy role.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

Hook is the hottest. Also with all these women running around, we need more hot guys to balance the show out.

What, you don't think these three angels are hot?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

All very attractive. And I do appreciate August being an adult again. But it's not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Speaking of attractive, where is Red :(

• Locked thread