Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah :( Which blows because now that I've seen Die Antwoord in one movie, I want to see them in more. But if this is the extent of their Hollywood film success, at least I'm glad that they did this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMVNjMF1Suo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Idea: remake of Tank Girl directed by Neil Blomkamp and starring yo-landi.

Honestly, Chappie is already basically that. The only diff is that she's not the one driving the tank.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

morestuff posted:

Do I need to have seen more giallo to "get" Berberian Sound Studio? I loved the setting and mood, but once the actual horror elements kicked in it left me really cold.

I think you'd like the horror stuff in a real giallo a lot better.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

You didn't even post the best video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t_UuTCbCZU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

K. Waste posted:

I've been looking through my college films, and I'm pretty much convinced I was basically the most pretentious loving kid...

Ah, college films.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah :( Which blows because now that I've seen Die Antwoord in one movie, I want to see them in more. But if this is the extent of their Hollywood film success, at least I'm glad that they did this one.

"Not working with Blomkamp" doesn't mean "not making movies," to be fair.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BUTT posted:

"Not working with Blomkamp" doesn't mean "not making movies," to be fair.

Who else would want to work with them (especially after the reputation they gained from Chappie)?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

As posted above, probably Harmone Korine.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

axleblaze posted:

Who else would want to work with them (especially after the reputation they gained from Chappie)?

Firstly, it's only Ninja that has that reputation, and given that they're not dating anymore and Blomkamp just wanted him for Elysium rather than both, he and Yolandi probably aren't a package deal. Tank Girl with Yolandi seems plausible enough (though we'd probably lose out on kangaroo-Ninja).

Secondly, a pretty big chunk of Ninja's problems on Chappie were that he was trying to back-seat-direct, so it's totally possible that he'll just direct something himself.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 16, 2015

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
The thing is Die Antwoord is a complete act, they're both just art school nerds. So I don't know how seriously to take the rumours of them being assholes. I mean, I guess it is possible he's completely disappeared into the character of Ninja, but eh.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

wyoming posted:

The thing is Die Antwoord is a complete act, they're both just art school nerds. So I don't know how seriously to take the rumours of them being assholes. I mean, I guess it is possible he's completely disappeared into the character of Ninja, but eh.

I don't think he was sending unsolicited pics of Yolandi blowing him to the crew members in-character, dude. Even if he was, loving still.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
loving A' Citizenfour is really harrowing.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I don't think he was sending unsolicited pics of Yolandi blowing him to the crew members in-character, dude. Even if he was, loving still.

In some cases parody becomes reality. That is the case with Die Antwoord and Riff Raff.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm saying none of it happened. Which seems more and more likely as what they actually did changes every time someone tells it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

wyoming posted:

They are performance artists, being a huge rear end in a top hat is practically a requirement.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

They are performance artists, being a huge rear end in a top hat is practically a requirement.

This is true.

They peaked with Evil Boy anyhow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbW9JqM7vho
:nws: for boners and such.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, whether or not they did alot of the stuff they were accused of doesn't really matter in the prospect of getting work. Being known as being hard to work with is one of the worst things you can be known for and you have to be shown to pull in tons of money for people to look past that. I know people here like Chappie, but it flopped pretty miserably, was critically panned and many reviews sited Die Antwoord as particularly not being very good. I'm not saying ti is impossible that they will get more acting work but many things are working against it being in anything even approaching the size of Chappie anytime soon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

wyoming posted:

This is true.

They peaked with Evil Boy anyhow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbW9JqM7vho
:nws: for boners and such.

Love the D-9 reference.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 16, 2015

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

So apparently they are doing a secret screening of Furious 7 in Austin right now. I am so loving jealous.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

GonSmithe posted:

So apparently they are doing a secret screening of Furious 7 in Austin right now. I am so loving jealous.

gently caress. gently caress.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And now, another edition of Anxiety Theatre...

I had just gotten home from work, after a long double having to deal with people wanting pies for Pi Day, drunk people out for St. Patrick's Day, a string of bad luck, and just an overly bad mood, when I got onto Facebook and saw that a friend of mine had created a new Facebook profile. What follows are my thoughts regarding that, in their entirety.

"Hey, that person that *friend's husband* just made friends with looks a lot like *friend*"

"Oh, that is her, this name is just a play on her maiden name"

"I wonder why she made a new profile? Oh, probably because she's leaving school and wants something to be able to show prospective employers."

"hm, I don't have a friend request yet. I wonder if it's just *husband* for now."

"Nope, 8 people. Why wouldn't she send me a friend request?"

"does she not want employers to see me specifically? is this only for people who are better friends with her than I am? She's known some of these people for way less time than she's known me. What the hell? Did she just forget about me? wouldn't that be worse? I just went out to dinner with her a few weeks ago, she likes my stuff on Facebook all the time, she can't have forgotten about me, this has to have been a deliberate decision that she made. Am I not presentable or something? I thought we were close."

At this point, my already down mood was in the gutter because of this, and I was laying down to go to bed anyways, but I kept on thinking.

"Well, do I send a friend request? I mean, what are the options here? She accepts, having been called on her bluff and I get a pity "oh I guess he noticed"? She genuinely forgot and I'm constantly questioning how good of friends we are? She denies, sends an explanation which I will pick to pieces like I'm doing now? Hell no. Getting no answer will at least let me live in the uncertainty."

All the while, the logical side of my brain is fighting a losing battle trying to rationalize away all of the sadness, but it doesn't work.

Anxiety can suck my dick.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Yoshifan823 posted:

And now, another edition of Anxiety Theatre...

I had just gotten home from work, after a long double having to deal with people wanting pies for Pi Day, drunk people out for St. Patrick's Day, a string of bad luck, and just an overly bad mood, when I got onto Facebook and saw that a friend of mine had created a new Facebook profile. What follows are my thoughts regarding that, in their entirety.

"Hey, that person that *friend's husband* just made friends with looks a lot like *friend*"

"Oh, that is her, this name is just a play on her maiden name"

"I wonder why she made a new profile? Oh, probably because she's leaving school and wants something to be able to show prospective employers."

"hm, I don't have a friend request yet. I wonder if it's just *husband* for now."

"Nope, 8 people. Why wouldn't she send me a friend request?"

"does she not want employers to see me specifically? is this only for people who are better friends with her than I am? She's known some of these people for way less time than she's known me. What the hell? Did she just forget about me? wouldn't that be worse? I just went out to dinner with her a few weeks ago, she likes my stuff on Facebook all the time, she can't have forgotten about me, this has to have been a deliberate decision that she made. Am I not presentable or something? I thought we were close."

At this point, my already down mood was in the gutter because of this, and I was laying down to go to bed anyways, but I kept on thinking.

"Well, do I send a friend request? I mean, what are the options here? She accepts, having been called on her bluff and I get a pity "oh I guess he noticed"? She genuinely forgot and I'm constantly questioning how good of friends we are? She denies, sends an explanation which I will pick to pieces like I'm doing now? Hell no. Getting no answer will at least let me live in the uncertainty."

All the while, the logical side of my brain is fighting a losing battle trying to rationalize away all of the sadness, but it doesn't work.

Giving a gently caress about anything on Facebook has more to do with stupidity than anxiety.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Giving a gently caress about anything on Facebook has more to do with stupidity than anxiety.

The anxiety is the cause for the stupidity.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe she hasn't found you yet.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe she hasn't found you yet.

This is her second profile, and I'm friends with the first one. I'm really, really easy to find.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Yoshifan823 posted:

The anxiety is the cause for the stupidity.

Jerk off and go to bed

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Doesn't Facebook make you add people like right away who it think you might be friends with? Maybe she just added 8 people there and went to bed. Calm down, dude.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

wyoming posted:

I'm saying none of it happened. Which seems more and more likely as what they actually did changes every time someone tells it.

I've only heard one specific story and all the other actors going "yeah that's all basically true, he was a douche."

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yoshifan, no offense, but the only way it is possible for me to respond to all that is to just laugh at you.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Yoshifan823 posted:

I feel ya, brother. I feel ya.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

axleblaze posted:

Yoshifan, no offense, but the only way it is possible for me to respond to all that is to just laugh at you.

I'm fully aware of how dumb it is. This isn't some thing where I think this is deadly serious, because it isn't, but those are all thoughts that have gone through my head in the last 24 hours, despite knowing how dumb they are.

It's a lot less boring than the other dumb thing I did, but that's because saying "can you not be a bitch to him for like, five minutes" to a friend/colleague in a fit of panic/anger/stupid is easily fixed by waiting for the whole situation to cool down.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yoshifan823 posted:

Actually anxiety can't really suck your dick since it is a intangible mental state and therefore lacks the physical body required to suck cocks. It is very hard, perhaps even impossible, to deepthroat some throbbing manmeat if you possess neither mouth nor throat.

Now theoretically speaking it could be possible for the anthropomorphic personification of anxiety to suck your dick but why anyone would want Woody Allen to drool on their dilz is beyond me.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

A word, much less one that isn't a noun but one that attempts to describe a mental state, cannot physically suck your dick.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

Doesn't Facebook make you add people like right away who it think you might be friends with? Maybe she just added 8 people there and went to bed. Calm down, dude.

Telling people with anxiety to calm down isn't generally particularly helpful, in my experience.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
e: a little too gross

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

LORD OF BUTT posted:

e: a little too gross

This from LORD OF BUTT

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I found out that a while back that all kinds of people who like me in the real world can't stand me on Facebook. I think it's pretty goddamn stupid, but this is possibly what you're dealing with. I wouldn't make too much of it. People have a tendency to take Facebook and Facebook related bullshit way too seriously.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CPL593H posted:

I found out that a while back that all kinds of people who like me in the real world can't stand me on Facebook. I think it's pretty goddamn stupid, but this is possibly what you're dealing with. I wouldn't make too much of it. People have a tendency to take Facebook and Facebook related bullshit way too seriously.

All kinds of people in the real world like you?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

therattle posted:

Begrudgingly tolerate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

therattle posted:

It's probably a short list.

• Locked thread