Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

All my jeans are 46x40. i'm down to 38-40x40

Good luck finding either.

Even worse, i wear LT shirts now. When i was fat i could just buy 3xl and they would be fine, but regular large shirts come to my belly button so i have to get special t-shirts now too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Quite A Tool posted:

Also the whole no washing thing is mad gross.

Seriously. The whole "don't wash your jeans!!!" thing is ridiculous, sorry, they reek, you smell like a hobo. "Raw denim" is not magical and will not mysteriously not smell like rear end when you don't wash it.

... unless you, like, never wear the drat things or never actually do anything other than sit there when wearing them. Sorry, I am too active for that nonsense, pants are meant to be worn, used, and washed, otherwise I would put them on a statue and wear something else. I don't understand how anyone can take the raw denim schtick seriously.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Levis come in every size imaginable, and are like $40-50. Also, just go long and have them hemmed, it costs like $8, or roll up the cuff. I got my last pair of stf 501s in 32x36, had the cuffs turned up and wore a belt for awhile, then washed them and now they are good fitting normal jeans. Previously got 30x36 and I don't think they will fit if I wash them (so I don't wear them anymore because I'm not disgusting).

I get annoyed when I go into rei or something and all they have are pants in 30 and 32" inseams. I even asked the girl in there last time "hey, do you have any pants that fit me?" and her answer was for me to try the website. Like, a 32x34 is too hard for you to stock?

jamal fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 16, 2015

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

iwentdoodie posted:

Also why would you ever wear spanx Jesus Christ those things look evil. They're like those compression sleeves people with the beetus wear

They effectively hide my thunder. The kind of dresses I wear aren't terribly forgiving.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Seriously. The whole "don't wash your jeans!!!" thing is ridiculous, sorry, they reek, you smell like a hobo. "Raw denim" is not magical and will not mysteriously not smell like rear end when you don't wash it.

... unless you, like, never wear the drat things or never actually do anything other than sit there when wearing them. Sorry, I am too active for that nonsense, pants are meant to be worn, used, and washed, otherwise I would put them on a statue and wear something else. I don't understand how anyone can take the raw denim schtick seriously.

I have one very nice pair that gets worn for like 4 hours stretches, then the rear end and crotch get Febreezed and it's hung back on the hanger for another 3 months.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I got pointed to a random music artist on youtube by a friend. I've discovered new music! I never discover new music! :allears:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
For the folks talking about the no wash stuff... I believe the denim heads put them in the freezer which kills the worst of the smell causing bacteria. Of course that doesn't take care of any dirt.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Aw hell, Spintires now has first-person view and the steering wheel issues are fixed. Here go the next few nights.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

wallaka posted:

Aw hell, Spintires now has first-person view and the steering wheel issues are fixed. Here go the next few nights.

Goddamnit. I'm still running their kickstarter version because the retail is too drat expensive. I played a fair bit of UAZ 4x4 Offroad Simulator on Android. Bought the paid version and it disappeared a few weeks later when the sequel was released. I'm still pissed about that. The game updated to the ad laden version of the first one when the sequel was released. I installed the ad laden sequel but haven't really tried it yet. Spent ages grinding to buy the Niva and upgrade it too.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

fjelltorsk posted:

I have this irrational desire to put "in your face orange" foil on the tesla, i blame holdbrooks
Super late to the party since I have been traveling, but you should do this ASAP. If not I will in a few years when I finish off these student loans.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Just noticed my PC clock is an hour fast. Was wondering how the hell time went by so fast tonight.

I guess by rolling it back to a bit over a week ago, it also decided "DST is for losers". :confused:

Has anyone had issues with random parts of their music collection disappearing from Google Play Music? I have about 19k songs uploaded, but when using the Android app, about half don't show up (and yes, I did turn off the explicit filter). It all shows up in the web version.

It's a bit annoying, as I'm constantly streaming music in the car. I can find specific songs if I search for them, but entire albums don't show up unless I know song titles (and I have to search for each track by name, I can't pull up the album itself).

This issue has existed across 3 Android installs on my phone, and also exists on my tablet, so it's definitely not anything on the phone itself. I've had Plex on my desktop + phone forever, so I'm just streaming from home for now, but Plex doesn't handle Bluetooth disconnects/reconnects as gracefully as Google Play Music. Plus the whole "leave the PC on" bit.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 16, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So what I thought was just over exertion is probably... not that. Just checked and I'm running a fever if nearly 101. :stare: guess that explains the neck stiffness and imbalance.

Took some nyquil and a couple aspirin, hopefully that knocks me out good. If I don't feel better in the morning I'll probably have to skip classes for a day or two.

gently caress being sick.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fucknag posted:

So what I thought was just over exertion is probably... not that. Just checked and I'm running a fever if nearly 101. :stare: guess that explains the neck stiffness and imbalance.

Took some nyquil and a couple aspirin, hopefully that knocks me out good. If I don't feel better in the morning I'll probably have to skip classes for a day or two.

gently caress being sick.

Get well soooooooooooooooon.

Speaking of illness I wonder if cakefool's feeling less delirious today, that last post was weird and a little bit scary.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamnit. Something is lagging the (household gigabit) LAN so badly that I can't even watch TV, and can barely pull up web pages, and my antivius and firewall are both going apeshit over incoming "attacks".

A quick glance at the switch told me what's going on - the port stepdad's laptop is plugged into is lit solid. Unplugging that port brings me to 75mbit on speed tests instead of 0.02bit. Last time I fixed his computer, I told him it was the last time I would ever touch it.

You can't fix stupid <tm>.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm fine now thanks, you don't want what I had. Vomiting and diarrhoea bug that's going round the house, I've had it worse that anyone else, hence the delirium.

Wife thought finding the tablet open to naked ginger chicks was funny though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mat_Drinks posted:

For the folks talking about the no wash stuff... I believe the denim heads put them in the freezer which kills the worst of the smell causing bacteria. Of course that doesn't take care of any dirt.

The whole "washing them wears out the fabric" is such bull, anyway.

Sure, you shouldn't wash them every day, but by never washing them, dirt builds up in the fabric and causes wear by abrasion. So they'll actually last longer with semi-regular washes.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

You don't wash them because is takes dye away from the pants each time. And they don't really get smelly. Even my work pants that I soak once a month never smell like anything besides sheetrock dust. Oh yeah and to wash them I soak them in the tub and then hang dry them. Good stuff.

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

Goddamnit. Something is lagging the (household gigabit) LAN so badly that I can't even watch TV, and can barely pull up web pages, and my antivius and firewall are both going apeshit over incoming "attacks".

A quick glance at the switch told me what's going on - the port stepdad's laptop is plugged into is lit solid. Unplugging that port brings me to 75mbit on speed tests instead of 0.02bit. Last time I fixed his computer, I told him it was the last time I would ever touch it.

Jesus Christ! Fix his pc using a baseball bat or a gun, and keep doing it to every computer he touches (or do what i did to my grandpa, put him under parental control in windows, you can block a lot of things, and if he fucks it up again, i already gave you a plan).

Other news: I am re-installing windows XP on some private laptop for a secretary at my school.. Didn't get the password, and have to install xp on it and the sticker on it is for win vista.. Have to hook it up to a lan port and gently caress around in linux to get the key out of a loving old pc, won't take any money for it, but at least i get to be pals with her (can get a master-key for the school and have access to the giant-computer-and-computer-equipment-closet).

Jeans-talk: i wear jeans for 3-5 days depending on how dirty they are, and my jeans last pretty long if i don't drop some battery acid on them (happened once).

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

some texas redneck posted:

Sounds like your mistake was treating him like an adult who gets to make his own decisions. If you do decide to touch it again, lock that poo poo down tight. There are a few free Deepfreeze alternatives that will let you lock the system down from changes; whether you give him a thawspace for documents is at your discretion.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

iwentdoodie posted:

Weight per yard, and deals mostly with how thick it is. Heavier weights don't breathe as well, but they look loving amazing.

Also carpenter and baggy jeans should be burned, not worn. By anyone. Unless you're 12 or have special needs.

Special needs like needing comfortable pants with lots of pockets that have some abrasion resistance for crawling around floors and steel gantries?

Okay, sport.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You don't wash them because is takes dye away from the pants each time. And they don't really get smelly. Even my work pants that I soak once a month never smell like anything besides sheetrock dust. Oh yeah and to wash them I soak them in the tub and then hang dry them. Good stuff.

You're nasty.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
2-pairs-for-」10 Asda jeans, chuck 'em when they're trashed.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Raluek posted:

Sounds like your mistake was treating him like an adult who gets to make his own decisions. If you do decide to touch it again, lock that poo poo down tight. There are a few free Deepfreeze alternatives that will let you lock the system down from changes; whether you give him a thawspace for documents is at your discretion.

Yup, DeepFreeze+ OSX are going to be the first things I give my parents when I graduate so I don't have to touch the computer ever again and I can just remote in if they ever need something

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

wallaka posted:

YES YES YES YES.

I'm sure this is only like a "windshield" view and not an in-cab view but this is still way better than "over the left shoulder" outside the vehicle view.

General_Failure posted:

Goddamnit. I'm still running their kickstarter version because the retail is too drat expensive.

The upside of running the pre-release alpha is that you can use mods. There were a lot of user content vehicles coming out for spin tires at one point before the retail version came out.

The retail version doesn't support mods :smith: but it does support multiplayer which is awesome in its own right.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 16, 2015

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Well my knees will never, ever forgive me, but i've managed to get the 90 odd m2 of spotted gum floating floor laid in the new house BEFORE I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Came up pretty drat well too. Its a spectacularly pretty floor

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

wallaka posted:

Now I feel like an idiot for not bringing my steering wheel or gamepad on a work trip. Hate the keyboard controls but no I know what I'm doing all week.

Ferremit posted:

Well my knees will never, ever forgive me, but i've managed to get the 90 odd m2 of spotted gum floating floor laid in the new house BEFORE I have to go back to work tomorrow.

I can't imagine how long that took but it looks like it turned out really nice.

Jeans chat: Levi STF 501 in 28x30 because I'm short, cheap and have no fashion sense. Downside squats are making them get tighter than I'd like.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

NitroSpazzz posted:

I can't imagine how long that took but it looks like it turned out really nice.

Took about 3-4 of us a week- Got the house on tuesday last week, started laying it on wednesday and basically have been at it since then till sunday evening- long days too, starting around 8am, finishing 10pm....

Im going back to work for a rest!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cakefool posted:

I'm fine now thanks, you don't want what I had. Vomiting and diarrhoea bug that's going round the house, I've had it worse that anyone else, hence the delirium.

Wife thought finding the tablet open to naked ginger chicks was funny though.

Well if you're gonna leave pictures up then nudey redheads is always a decent choice.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I got an email earlier, the first couple of lines looks like a mortgage decision, when it actually loaded up it said I'd get a decision by Wednesday. Cocktease. :(

^^ heh, could have been worse.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Just started my new job this morning, I love this place already. :yotj:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Last night was a wicked pissah.

Tanks for helpin' a greenie.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ferremit posted:

NICE. I put in about 1300 sqft (120 m2) in wood flooring in my house about 9 years ago. If you have someone that can make your cuts, it's not a bad job to do. But I only had help for about 1/3 of it.

On another home improvement note, Benjamin Moore paint is the absolute BOMB. Expensive at 70 bucks a gallon, but so so worth it.

(another note: is BOMB still okay to say or am I showing my age? What do the cool kids say?)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Had my first ride in an ambulance at the weekend.
Fortunately I wasn't the casualty and my friend wasn't too badly injured but it was amusing how all the labels inside the ambulance were in joint English/Welsh because we were in Wales.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

freelop posted:

Had my first ride in an ambulance at the weekend.
Fortunately I wasn't the casualty and my friend wasn't too badly injured but it was amusing how all the labels inside the ambulance were in joint English/Welsh because we were in Wales.

I didn't expect that Wales would have a Quebec-style sign law. That's interesting.

How did your friend get injured in Wales?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Why do people love flannel sheets? gently caress me, that's some of the sweatiest sleep I ever had.

And also America needs to quit putting in round a bouts. People don't understand how they operate.

I'm crabby and tired. I haven't slept correctly in 5 nights.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Tide posted:

NICE. I put in about 1300 sqft (120 m2) in wood flooring in my house about 9 years ago. If you have someone that can make your cuts, it's not a bad job to do. But I only had help for about 1/3 of it.

On another home improvement note, Benjamin Moore paint is the absolute BOMB. Expensive at 70 bucks a gallon, but so so worth it.

(another note: is BOMB still okay to say or am I showing my age? What do the cool kids say?)

Benjamin Moore is indeed awesome. I had to repaint part of my front door because a piece of clear tape pulled a bunch of paint up. I went to the store with the tape that had the chunks of paint and they matched it perfectly.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I wear a 30x36 jean, Levi's doesn't really make a ton of poo poo in that size unfortunately.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
I hate being 30/32. Such a hard size to find in decent pants for some reason.

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.

Preoptopus posted:

I hate being 30/32. Such a hard size to find in decent pants for some reason.

My thighs are 31" around. I have two pairs of jeans that fit, and I basically have to cinch a 42" waist up like crazy just for space for my goofy-shaped body. Because apparently people are only super skinny or really fat in strict proportion and weightlifting is not a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Jabberwocky posted:

My thighs are 31" around. I have two pairs of jeans that fit, and I basically have to cinch a 42" waist up like crazy just for space for my goofy-shaped body. Because apparently people are only super skinny or really fat in strict proportion and weightlifting is not a thing.

Your thighs are the size of my waist. Respect.

I must now go to the gym.

• Locked thread