Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I cant decide if I want to remake my sith spy on the guild server or not. Either way I made a sith juggernaught named Revengeancious to join the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

randombattle posted:

I cant decide if I want to remake my sith spy on the guild server or not. Either way I made a sith juggernaught named Revengeancious to join the guild.

Just use a referral link and transfer, no need to reroll since you get a free transfer

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

How do I do that?

I mean he's only level 12.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I am incapable of interacting with normal people and am pissing about with my old Jugger on the current goon server since Veela is no more, so expect to get a pestering message from Alethk for a guild invite.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Speaking of, who can promote within the guild? I work weird hours so Im on and off at odd times and it seems like I get a lot of people looking for guild invites but theres rarely anyone on that can.

Im eskeshehir, but really should probably just give the invite power to a whole bunch of people, its not like we are near cap or anything

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'll log on and promote you. Last time I logged on I promoted anyone who has been on in the last 6 days.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay i promoted a bunch of people to invite, but we're 50 away from cap so if you have alts you don't play, remove them when we hit 500

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Who do I have to message to get into the guild?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Are there multiple levels of Rocket Boost? I can't find them in the cartel market. I bought a cheapo pack a year ago that had it and some other beginner stuff but I can't even find those bundles any more. Also, if I transfer, will my legacy transfer with me? It's not much but I do have some unlocks on it that I would like to keep.

edit: Thanks for the answers, Medullah!

imagine dungeons fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 16, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

randombattle posted:

Who do I have to message to get into the guild?

Anyone.

denimgorilla posted:

Are there multiple levels of Rocket Boost? I can't find them in the cartel market. I bought a cheapo pack a year ago that had it and some other beginner stuff but I can't even find those bundles any more. Also, if I transfer, will my legacy transfer with me? It's not much but I do have some unlocks on it that I would like to keep.

Yeah, there's 3 levels - but II and III aren't in the cartel market - you buy them from the legacy page on your character. Your legacy does transfer with you.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Do you have to purchase the expansion to go from 55-60 or just for the new planets and junk?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

Do you have to purchase the expansion to go from 55-60 or just for the new planets and junk?

For the levels, for crafting, and for new content afaik. Basically if you want to play anything beyond the game as it was when Dread Fortress/Palace was the endgame you should pick up the expansion. (You should, it's great)

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

The deal that is on right now for 2400 credits + 2 months sub + expansion for $40 is a pretty drat good bargain all things considered.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Are Marauder/Sentinel still pretty much whack a mole on acid? I want to remake one to raid with but god drat that :effort:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

denimgorilla posted:

Are there multiple levels of Rocket Boost?

You want this so bad. Rocket Boost lasts 15 seconds and the cooldown is reduced to 30 seconds. It's great. Rocket Boost with level 1 cooldown is kind of stupid.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

denimgorilla posted:

Even in outdoor areas where I would normally just skip a group of dudes I think "why not?" and go full-auto on them.

Buncha weaks?

Launch a fusion missile, and start sweeping blasters before it hits.

Everyone will be on fire, taking random blaster fire, and die, screaming in pain.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Another reason to join the Empire. Feels pretty douche to do it as a Republic dude.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I'm playing and a Jedi at the moment to get the KOTOR 3 experience, but as soon as I'm done I'm swapping to a Merc. The gameplay feels way more fun.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Givin posted:

Are Marauder/Sentinel still pretty much whack a mole on acid? I want to remake one to raid with but god drat that :effort:

No idea on the other two specs but Combat Sentinel has been dumbed down so far it looped from sad to infuriating and back to funny again. Apparently optimum apm is something like 49 now

All three still useless for endgame pve of course

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Well gently caress. I just wanted to hit things with two lightsabres instead of one and not have to tape two together at the end.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Givin posted:

Well gently caress. I just wanted to hit things with two lightsabres instead of one and not have to tape two together at the end.

Anything more than single saber is for posers. If it's good enough for Darth loving Vader, it's good enough for you.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Plus if you're using two sabers and I meet you in a fp or something I'm going to assume you're either twelve or a bad player

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Welp. Re downloading this since its launch. What am I in for?

Does free to play affect leveling up anyway or does it only affect raiding end game?

Will my toons or whatever swtor calls them still be there? I havent played for an extremly long time...

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

tentacles posted:

No idea on the other two specs but Combat Sentinel has been dumbed down so far it looped from sad to infuriating and back to funny again. Apparently optimum apm is something like 49 now

All three still useless for endgame pve of course

You haven't done Underlurker hard mode, have you? Transcendence is almost a necessity.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

You haven't done Underlurker hard mode, have you? Transcendence is almost a necessity.

I was thinking in terms of pure DPS, of course =O) Melee derpers still have massive issues when it comes to raid mechanics. I mean, it's pretty bad when people identify us by our buffs instead of how hard we hit things, considering that's what we trade survivability for

Two glowsticks foreva! You haters will never feel the pride of pulling out all the stops to hit sub-optimal parses that other classes poo poo out without even trying

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Are legacy names still unique or can there be other people with the same legacy name?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SkyEnzo posted:

Are legacy names still unique or can there be other people with the same legacy name?

Legacy names are no longer unique. They changed that after the first server merges

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Legacy names are no longer unique. They changed that after the first server merges

Much to the rejoicing of RPers who could now get e-married and have e-kids.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Much to the rejoicing of RPers who could now get e-married and have e-kids.

"Here's my toon, Darth Four'twenty Solø"

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Bushdid Nineeleven still has has few acceptable potential sibling names though.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I'm gonna have to rename like all my characters if I transfer :(

Sad to hear that Marauders aren't good anymore, I used to really enjoy mine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

They're fine. All the classes are good and fun for 99% of the player base. Once you get to HM and NiM mode endgame raiding you might have to worry about your parsing but that's not going to be an issue for anyone in our guild, it's s casual guild at best. And if you are a good player that knows and enjoys your class, you'll be in better shape than if you picked a "better parsing" class.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

tentacles posted:

I was thinking in terms of pure DPS, of course =O) Melee derpers still have massive issues when it comes to raid mechanics. I mean, it's pretty bad when people identify us by our buffs instead of how hard we hit things, considering that's what we trade survivability for

Two glowsticks foreva! You haters will never feel the pride of pulling out all the stops to hit sub-optimal parses that other classes poo poo out without even trying

I'm glad I literally never have to worry about parsing because my success is demonstrated in keeping the silly glowstick men alive ;)

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

Yeah it's mostly just sad playing mine now. Like vanilla after a Baskin Robbins buffet, does what other flavours do, only worse

The devs have said the RNG-ness of pre-3.0 ComSents was a mistake, but it was the best drat mistake they ever made! Better than most of their conscious design choices imho. So of course it had to go

Edit: ^^^^ Silly glowstick men aren't suicidal, we're just eager to become one with the Force

tentacles fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 16, 2015

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Gotta hand it to Bio/EA, they have a knack for customer relations. They make you feel so valued by completely loving you over in so many ways once you move from subscriber to F2P/pref. My favorites are: gathering cant crit anymore, 5 warzones per week (and the unlock is only for 1 char), 350k max credits while all the unlocks are way more on GTN.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

lalaland posted:

gathering cant crit anymore

This isn't true.

lalaland posted:

350k max credits while all the unlocks are way more on GTN.

It's pretty much designed for subscribers to buy the unlocks they'll need before they go F2P.

As I've said a billion times, this game is F2P like those iphone and android games are F2P - you can do it, but without spending any money, it's going to be a miserable experience. Just subscribe if you're going to play - if $15 a month breaks your bank, you shouldn't be playing games anyway.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

It's less that Marauders are bad and more that the current two operations hate melee. Even then, I think that every fight of the HMs has been cleared by groups with non-Powertech melee; certainly everything except Revan has. A lot of players have moved away from the class as much because the new rotations just aren't fun as for balance reasons.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Is there any way to get a quest back after you abandon it?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Farecoal posted:

Is there any way to get a quest back after you abandon it?

Talk to the quest giver again. Assuming it's still an available quest, and not an event quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

if $15 a month breaks your bank, you shouldn't be playing games anyway.

Yeah, how dare poor people try to have fun?

• Locked thread